[PRP] Lost Property [Cass/Eli] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:26 pm
The wallet had sat on her counter for about half a day now. Cass would pass it on occasion while on her way out the door, mumble 'Oh yeah, I need to get that back to him' and then go on her way again. It wasn't that it wasn't an important task to her, it was just that when she had time, she didn't have the wallet on her. Ollie had probably been looking for it. She hadn't sifted through it at all - she'd known immediately it wasn't hers and it definitely wasn't Marcus' (the only other option), so she needed to take it to the apartment she'd dropped Ollie off at.

She'd finally tossed it into her glovebox one day, determined to drop it off after errands.

Which was why it had taken a whole three days for Cass to finally get over to the building, knocking on the door and holding the wallet with both hands and a hum. This wasn't weird. Nope. As long as she didn't mention the Lo Mein, it'd be cool, take like 5 minutes.

It'd be great.

As long as he was home.

Saedusk
Figured I'd start something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:41 pm
It wouldn't be a wasted trip, at least, though Oliver wasn't home. In his place was Elliot, laundry in hand, Footloose on the TV, Pascal sleeping at his feet. Picturesque, really, a man and his dog. Another folded shirt hit the top of a teetering pile and he took a self-congratulatory sip of coffee. That's when Pascal's head shot up with a soft boof boof.

Eli stopped folding as if on cue, looking down past his knees to the very alert aussie. "What is it?" he asked, but it was a knock that answered. Claws clattered on the hardwood as Pascal scrambled for the door, blessedly silent despite his obvious urge to bark. He was getting better, at least.

"Cooooming!" Eli sing-songed as he rounded the couch. There were sounds of continued shuffling on his end as he pushed Pascal back so he could open the door without his dog assaulting (read: loving) their visitor. The door whooshed inward and there he was, standing tall and proud even as he blocked the dog with his leg.

"Yes, hello?" His eyes were sharp and alert, but his outfit—grey sweatpants and an oversized purple sweatshirt—made him look far softer.

demon_pachabel
ty ty!

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:13 am
Cass's heart fluttered at the sound of barking, however brief, on the other side of the door. While she knew she'd be the worst owner for any dog, she loved them. Ollie hadn't mentioned a dog, however. Then again, he was too busy going THESE ARE THE EARS OF A KILLER or something of that variety.

She also heard the voice, however muffled, of someone coming to the door. Good. He was home so she could just give back his wallet and apologize for holding it hostage and the- that wasn't Ollie. Cass stood up a little bit straighter as Eli opened the door, a brief look of confusion crossing over her face. Had she gotten the wrong apartment?

"HI!" she didn't sound awkward at all (See: a lie), standing there with a confused smile on her face. "Is Oliver in? I uh," she held up the wallet, "found this and felt he might like to have it back...." slowly, her eyes traced down to the dog that was being blocked by Eli's leg. Blessed creature. Look at it. So good.

Saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:46 am
They say an animal can sense feelings, tell whether someone likes them or (blasphemously) not, and react accordingly. In Pascal's case, Cass could've thought he was the biggest blight on the face of this green earth and he still would've looked happy to see her. He pushed against Elliot's leg and huffed out the tiniest whimpers, ears up and at attention, mismatched eyes begging for pets.

The need was as clear the sun in the sky, but Eli acted as if he weren't even there. This happened a lot, obviously.

"Oh wow, good timing." He didn't go into details about why it was good timing, but Ollie was quickly losing his patience for not freaking out about it despite Eli's best efforts to assure him it would be fine. "Ollie's not home right now, unfortunately." Tipping from one hip to the other, he gave her a once over.

"I'm his roommate. I can hold onto it until he gets back." The words barely left his mouth when Pascal, finally deciding enough was enough, shoved past and bompfed straight into Cass's leg.

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 am
"That'd be great. If you could also let him know I'm sorry for taking so long to get it back to him, I'd appreciate that too." Cass was mostly just relieved to get the wallet at least into the same living quarters as it's actual owner (instead of dragged around by Ted who had made a horrible noise until she'd wrested it free from the Roomba). She held out the wallet for Eli to take gratefully.

And then blessed creature. Cass stumbled back a few steps as Pascal crashed right into her, reaching out to brace herself against a wall. "Well hello to you too, little buddy!" she greeted, obviously thrilled to get some attention from the Aussie.

Cass had to brace herself from just immediately reaching down to smother the canine with affection. Instead, she looked to Eli. "I feel like I may have their permission, but am I alright petting them?" she asked, hand hovering in the 'ready to pet' position eagerly. Manners at this point were the only thing holding her back.

Saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:13 am
So much for looking like he had things under control, mess of an outfit aside. Wallet in hand—he'd managed to grab it right before the inevitable stumble—he looked vaguely apologetic and sounded a lot like someone who didn't like dogs, but had built a surprisingly affectionate relationship with this particular dog regardless.

"Sorry, he's a handful. Please darling, have at it, he'd never forgive me if he didn't get his attention now."

Taking a step back, he set the wallet on a table by the door and gestured inside. "Would you like to come in? How about a cup of coffee?" It was, in part, a sorry I let my dog barrel you over, but it was just as much that Eli was a social creature who never turned down potential company.

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:56 am
'Have at it' had barely gotten heard as Cass immediately started rubbing both hands up and down the Aussie's sides and back. "Who's a pretty pups, you are!" she beamed, patting Pascal's side with one hand and rubbing behind an ear with the other. Yes, Pascal was the prettiest puppers! All puppers were the prettiest puppers.

"Oh, I'd hate to impose...." but that didn't stop Cass from stepping inside, though her motivation seemed to be less about coffee and more about continuing to pet the Aussie. She stepped in far enough that the front door could be closed before she crouched down to rub her hands on both sides of Pascal's face. It would probably be difficult to tell who was enjoying it more - the dog or the girl.

"What's this guy's name?" she asked, paused, then added; "It's nice to meet you, by the way. I'm Cassandra." she pulled one hand from doggy-bliss to offer it in a shake.

Saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:19 pm
Now, Eli was definitely one to prefer the spotlight; he liked being the center of attention whenever humanly possible. This was different, though. Cass and her obvious unquenchable thirst for loving on his dog would only serve to put Pascal in the best of moods, making life easier on Eli in the long run. He'd take it.

"That's Pascal," he revealed, forced to side-step as said pup went careening over onto his side, exposing his stomach. Reaching the extra distance, he took her hand. "And I'm Elliot. Or Eli, if you'd prefer." Either name sounded undeniably pretentious with the way he said it.

As he let go and stepped back to get her a drink, he asked, "Cream and sugar, Cassandra?"

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 pm
"Nice to meet you, Elliot." she'd technically just said that, but it was worth repeating. Otherwise his name would probably leave her head forever.

BELLY!! Cass was more than happy to pet the belly she was offered, patting her hand against it to appreciate the sturdy 'THUMP' that resonated through the canine's guts. "And it's very nice to meet you too, Pascal! Look at this belly! Look. At. This. Belly! Oh my goodness!" there as a distinct animal-talking tone to her voice that just oozed affection. This was probably the same affection that made her offer food to wild animals.

"I actually just like about a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee, actually. I like the dark flavor the beans have on their own." which perhaps could also be taken as code for 'I have no tastebuds'.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:08 pm
There would be no question about exactly how much Pascal was eating up all the attention. He wormed on the ground, huffing and grunting and sounding quite dog-like (no surprise) while Elliot watched over his shoulder with the equivalent of a what-is-with-this-chick look on his face.

Well, as long as they both were happy.

"Just sugar it is," he said as he poured and prepared her a cup. Cream and sugar were his jam, but Eli was the poster child for the frou-frou candied coffee lifestyle.

"So don't tell me," he went on as he joined her in the living room again. "You like dogs, don't you, Cassandra? Here," he held out her cup.

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:22 pm
Cass was impervious to any judgement that was happening, happy to harass Pascal as long as she was allowed to. In affection stat building games, they were probably best friends immediately. She continued to baby talk the canine the entire time Elliot was preparing coffee.

"I love dogs. If I was in the position to have one, I'd have one."

She only stopped to take the cup from him with a smile, "Thank you!" She smiled brightly, blowing on the top of the cup before taking a sip. Cass took a moment to savor the flavor, then nodded. "Those are good beans you have." It was a weird thing to hone in on, but it was her immediate observation. "You have good taste."

saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:12 pm
"That's one thing I won't skimp on." Since splitting from his parents and their wealth, it had been admittedly hard giving up a lot of the lavish lifestyle he'd grown used to. For a while he had been forced to skimp on the coffee while he and Ollie tried to get their lives back together. They both got jobs, they pushed forward, and eventually Elliot went back to drinking the gourmet coffee he knew and loved.

It had been a goddamn homecoming.

"Good coffee is the only way to start the day. I can't get up in the morning without it."

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 pm
"I'm glad you don't have to," Cass took another sip of her drink. She only ever enjoyed the coffee flavor when it was flat up well flavored. Bad quality beans needed to be covered up with creamers and sugar. She always hoped the flavor of the beans would spare her from too much sweetness.

"Which roast is this if I can ask?" she pat Pascal a few more times with her free hand as she spoke.

Saedusk
Whoops, I am sorry for potato post ;; /didn't want to pad it needlessly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:57 am
"Vienna," he said like it was nothing. Elliot could talk coffee all day if you let him and despite what people might want to argue about its distinct lack of health benefits, it was better than his other drinking habit for sure. "It's a toss up between this and French if we're talking favorites."

Moving the laundry from the couch to a nearby chair and retrieving his own cup, he took a small sip.

"I've been told I ruin it, though." The full-bodied oomph was what he liked, even if he heaped on the cream and sugar. Sue him. "Join me?" he gestured to the couch.

demon_pachabel
not a problem at all!!

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 am
Cass was a lot less knowledgeable about coffee, but nodded along anyways as Elliot explained his preferences to her. "Yeah? Hmmmmm, I don't think I have a favorite. Too many things to still try for me to be certain." That, and she tried to not label things as her 'favorites'.

Cass took the offered seat on the couch, laughing at the comment about ruining his coffee. "If it tastes good, it isn't ruined. The bean flavor alone can be a bit much. I get that." As long as your coffee didn't taste solely like milk, you really couldn't go wrong in Cass' eyes.

Even then, as long as she wasn't the one drinking it, she didn't care.

Saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces