Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] not the rocky and bullwinkle show (cass & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:17 pm
"I think so? I mean ... uh ..." Nasir wrinkled his nose up a little bit. "I wasn't getting any real sleep for a while when it first started for me. Mostly because I kept dreaming about here and until I actually crossed over it didn't really let up." His attention went back to the path.

"So, yeah, my dreams stopped happening as much once I physically came here. Though I think I had a rough go of it compared to some. I got the dreams and then sight-jacked by Trouble with the warg bond ... Not something I really recommend to happen all at once." It had been overwhelming, to say the least.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:00 am
The image of how she'd found him 'dozing' under a tree came to mind as he mentioned being 'warg-jacked'. Mostly because either he stumbled around blind or suddenly collapsed wherever he was to go for a fun trip. Both sounded rather dangerous.

"If I were to venture down that route," which she wasn't planning on, "I'd probably try to plan for it. I mean, you didn't just collapse in the street or something because you were off on a flying squirrel ride, right?"

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:03 pm
"Planning is better and safer for that exact reason. If it happens without warning, you can be hurt. I was lucky - I was in the middle of my own kitchen after dinner - but if I had been in the street or at work? That would have gone badly ..." Nasir's eyes were focused on the sparkles but glanced back to Cass every so often. Trouble, apparently, decided this was boring and glided the short distance between the two of them to Cass's shoulders.

... then back to Nasir only to repeat the process again.

"We kind of go into a trance- or look like we're asleep." As she had seen him. "Our minds aren't really there in our bodies anymore and that can be dangerous." Especially if someone wanted to do something to a warg. "... but people can train for this. My boyfriend is and I know some others who have as well. You just pick your own familiar and create the bond instead of finding yourself with one spontaneously."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:38 am
Cass wondered if there was a way to just put a 'no magic tethers allowed in here' sign in her brain to keep sudden things like that from happening. Would magical tethers even care about such things? Based on the fact she was purposely pulled into another world, she was going to guess....probably not. "I'm glad you were alright. Doesn't sound like my sort of party, though."

Whatever sort of party she did like was interrupted as Trouble settled onto her shoulder. Then over to Nasir. Then back. "Well hello to you too," she cooed, but didn't offer up any fingers to try and scritch. After all, last time said fingers had offered food and she'd probably get bitten.

Though that should have been what kept her from offering foods up in the first place.

"Oof. But you're still there enough to prevent the side effect of Astral Projection, yeah?" she asked. Every time warging came up, that was her first thought: a body left empty often was left open as an invitation - or so it was perceived.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:03 pm
"Uh ... it's a little different, I think? Like ... I can't warg while I'm asleep, I- well okay, no. I have warged while I was asleep but only because I was here in other ashdown doing the Astral Projection thing." Nasir was blinking rapidly, trying to process what he was thinking and try to explain it.

"So I think what happens when we sleep and find ourselves here is different than when I warg because I'm not really asleep? Whereas ... the other thing? With us sleeping? That's kind of like our minds just wandered over here. One I can control, the other just happens." Did any of this make sense? Nasir thought so. "Wait, you do mean the getting tired side effect of Astral Projection, right?" Were there others? That he did not know about?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 pm
"As long as your soul is in there it should be fine," Cass both did and didn't actually 'subscribe' to the whole Astral Projection thing. She didn't actively worry about it, but she also was mindful because well....what if it was a thing that could happen? "Well, I was more meaning....mmmmm.." how did she explain this, "Did you ever see the episode of Jackie Chan Adventures where Jade Astral Projected and Shendu's spirit left it's statue and took over her body? That's based off of stuff that supposedly does happen."

There was a whole series of movies about that. Called 'Insidious'. They were not her sole basis for that information. (Marcus may have contributed)

"But you have to yank your whole soul out, so if you're actually awake for it and not like...completely out of body, it's fine!"

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 pm
"Oh! No, I don't think you're actually ... Well, I don't think your soul leaves your body? I think it's still tethered to it? There isn't an empty shell there that someone could take over. Unless your mind is your soul and then that's just some really complicated existential stuff I don't know that I want to get into." Nasir was wrinkling his nose up a bit, trying to not think about that too much.

It would get more confusing quickly.

"... but like ... I am always aware of when I am warging? Someone watched me do it once and they kind of saw a line between Trouble and me? So there's a connection or whatever." Nasir was fiddling with one of the anime hair clips in his hair repeatedly over and over. "So I think it's fine, like you said."

I think being the operative phrase.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:19 pm
When the dark presence in Other Ashdown finally descended to take over all of the Warg's bodies, Cass would look back at this conversation and know why. It was OK Nasir, if she needed to battle a demon to get you your body back, she'd do it. Just cause she liked you well enough.

"Yeah, Should be fine. You would have had trouble," errrr, she glanced at Trouble as she said this, "already if you were going to have any." The rules as far as she knew had a limit on how many times you could ditch your body before a demon could dibs it.Demons sure followed a lot of rules. What good guys.

It was an interesting topic to discuss, at least, as they continued following the sparkly trail.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:25 am
Nasir laughed a little at trouble being said. It certainly made conversations more amusing because it also, apparently, got the little guy's attention. He settled for a few moments onto Cass's shoulder.

Nosing at her hair a bit.

"Not like I didn't have a lot of trouble," another laugh, "when it first started or that there isn't all sorts of trouble going on." His nose wrinkled up again, glasses pushed because of it.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:33 pm
Cass scritched at Trouble's chin this time. "Hey there, little buddy," she cooed quietly.

"Oh, I'm sure you did. Just glad you didn't add 'Demonic Possession' to the list. That'd be weird. Stuck in Trouble while something piloted your body around." It was definitely something that sounded like a book that should be written. She'd jokingly add it to her list after her 'Eldritch Romance Novel' that currently stood at 2 chapters written on a notepad she probably had left at work in the game room.

Whoops.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:22 pm
Chin scritches got chirps from Trouble who settled there promptly. Apparently scritches were enough to get him to stay. Nasir did not seem bothered at all by this. If anything, he was amused.

Then he was blinking widely at Cass. "That would be- That would really, really suck. I don't think there's demons but then there's like ... flower people and things that turn the tips of your hair pink and ..." Great now he was worried about demonic possession.

Very vaguely but still worried.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:06 pm
Cass felt like a Disney Princess™ for a moment as Trouble lingered on her shoulder. Awwwwwyis. Squirrel friend. It was probably a very weird disconnect - girl in pretty spring pastel colors with a temporary animal companion...talking about demonic possession so casually and with great interest.

"You'll be fine! It would have happened already. I'm sure of it." unless, of course, she'd opened up a floodgate by giving power to the suggestion of it as they walked and were in the magical floodgate half of existence.

Whoops.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 pm
Were this Jeremiah, he would have absolutely agreed that the floodgates had been opened and ideas were given to other ashdown. This was Nasir, however, and he just nodded his head. "That's what I like to think ..."

Their path, their sparkly trail, looked to be coming to an end. It stopped abruptly between two hedges. His head tilted, glasses slipping down his nose. "I guess we walk through?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 am
There it was, the exit. Slightly less exciting than in The Pagemaster, but still just as hard to find it seemed.

"That usually seems to be the way to go," Cass agreed, nodding once before walking through the two hedges.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 pm
Nasir did not respond until they were walking through the hedges and out the otherside. It was, it turned out, dropping them off at a small grassy area that was on campus (and not that far from the 4th wall).

"... weren't we, um, somewhere else in town before?" He shook his head. "It's so weird when it does that." Drops them out some place different than where when in other ashdown.

demon_pachabel
we can wrap this one soon, i think!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas