Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] not the rocky and bullwinkle show (cass & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:05 am
"...Ferret Warg." She was trying to imagine a ferret, with the adorable way they ran, doing something helpful besides being really adorable. It was probably possible, but the look on her face implied all she was thinking about was how freaking cute that was going to be.

"Well, I'm not too eager to be anything yet...besides maybe not late to work." she took a look around at the scenery of Other Ashdown with a new frown on her flips. "I seriously need to get myself a portable door in-and-out..or just out or something for this place."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:43 pm
Nasir was smiling again. "That look makes me think you are thinking about a ferret warg and it's pretty cute, not going to lie." His phone was pulled out of his pocket and thumbed, the screen unlocked before he was pulling up pictures of a blonde-ish white ferret in a pink harness with a little scarf to show her.

He paused a moment later, on a picture of what looked like a curly haired scruffy blonde with a ferret on his shoulders, and looked around. "Um, are you supposed to be at work soon? I mean not like time really works here but I can help try to find a way out. Kind of wish I could that myself, you know? Find ways in and back out without having to wander around forever it feels like."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:38 am
"I am totally thinking about a ferret warg." she confirmed. "Sassy longcats." Noodle cats. The best. All animals were the best, though. With great interest, she looked at the pictures Nasir was showing her, nodding thoughtfully. Look at that good longcat.

And that must have been a picture of our prospective ferret warg.

"Mmm? Kinda. Soon but relative to I don't even know what time anymore." she sighed. "I need to just invest in a portable door or something that lets me in and out. That would be great." Could she forcibly magic herself one of those? (Where would she keep it??)

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 pm
"Have you met any of the moonwalkers?" Nasir wondered what Cass would think of people like Lily who was a fisher cat. She was just as much of a noodle as Bud was.

"I have a friend who, um, can see ways out with his glasses? Know someone else who can just see how to get in and out with his eyes. Oh someone else who can tell when doors will let you cross over ..." He was biting at his lip then, thoughtful. "I have kind of been trying to do magic that might let me, um, focus and find a way out? Could try it and show you?"

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:51 am
"....I turned a raccoon into a real boy in my kitchen by feeding it Chinese Food."

And that had been BEFORE the dreaming had begun. It had been a fun ledger into all the rumors people had told her as she'd moved into the city.

"So there is a way...." she just didn't dabble in any of it too much to have developed any of these fun things. "By all means, if it doesn't give you a headache or anything, I'd love to see."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:18 pm
"OH! I think I know who you might've met! ... I think, anyway." Nasir shook his head, not quite sure if it was who he thought it was or not. He was not going to press anyway as he was not that kind of person.

"Nope, it doesn't. I only get headaches if I try to warg with Trouble in Ashdown itself. That side isn't as magical so it takes a bit more to do things sometimes." Hand raised, he was making sure that Trouble was secured before he dropped it back down.

"I've only tried it once before and it kind of worked but I might do better if it's because I want both of us to get out of here." Drawing in a breath, he pressed his hands together. "I've been trying magic with- Uh, well there's this show and they call them poppers? Hand gestures that you do that let you cast spells."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:51 pm
"Ohhh. Kind of like..." Cass tried to think of a good comparison. She had a few. "Yeah, I see what you're meaning." Like trying to focus in a loud room with different competing sources vs a nice quiet one. Or an electrical current through water. Lots of options.

She looked at his hands, folding her arms thoughtfully. "Sounds like one way to go about it," she said, having no idea what he was referencing. Had she seen anything like that? Was it a new show? It was a mystery. "I'd be very flattered if a way out showed itself just because you were being so nice as to help me." she laughed, more at the idea of this place being polite when it already liked to kind of....draw people in for no reason.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:40 pm
Nasir nodded in agreement of her comparisons. Naruto was also one of them but this was not ninjutsu and he was not a nine-tailed fox or any other tailed creature trapped within the body of a mortal.

"Sometimes I feel like visualizing what I want to happen helps? So when I know that, the magic ... just makes it do the thing." It felt weird to talk about and he was, if anything, a little shy about explaining things. "Like you know how in games you can sometimes set markers and they make trails that lead you to where you want to go? That's what I am thinking of right now."

Which meant Nasir was making some, at least to Cass, random hand gestures. Nothing immediately happened once he stopped and he looked a little crestfallen. "I guess ... I mean, I'm still learning?"

Except from behind him Cass would notice a faint sparkly trail that was leading right up to Nasir.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:59 am
Cass couldn't help but think of the tracker in Dead Space. Though perhaps that was a little too much guidance based and less 'hey look at this glowing light in the distance, good luck'. Still, he was speaking in the language of stuff she was currently face-deep in at most times. (She was almost through Dead Space 2. She was hearing varying opinions about 3, though....)

She leaned to one side as Nasir seemed to fall to failure, holding up one finger with an interested look on her face. "Maybe from where you're standing. I think you should turn around." she said, wondering if this result was what he'd been aiming for.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 pm
"Hm?" Nasir turned around slowly and then let out a noise of excitement (it was mostly not a giggle; mostly). "That- that's perfect! It's close to what I was thinking of too ... I just ... I guess I expected it in front of me?"

Except the path out was obviously behind him.

"We should be able to follow this out," he said excitedly. "I wonder if I can try this again later and it'll work. I should really start making notes or taking pictures of the gestures I do or ... I don't know ..." Okay, look. He had an entire magic world open to him. It was a process.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:30 pm
"Maybe the magic was just trying to be straightforward. I mean, in front of you would just have made it circle around you. But maybe the path should at least start under your feet." Cass agreed as she moved to stand next to him. "I don't see why it shouldn't work again."

Nasir at least had a better grasp of everything than she did.

"I think if you stay conscious about the process and keep your end goal in mind, it'll just come naturally." Maybe. Cass was more of the sort to do things when the situation was hovering in the air and needed an immediate decision. "So, should we just follow it then?"

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:50 pm
Nasir just wanted to make sure it was repeatable but he also was wanting to make something of a guide for people to work from.

... though that was more for those who wanted to become wargs than about magic itself. "You're probably right," he agreed, as that all made sense to him as well. With a smile, he nodded. "... and, yeah, we should follow it. Should take us somewhere that will let us cross back over to Ashdown. I mean, at least ... I may not have to worry about getting out anymore. Just finding a way over here instead of ending up here by accident."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:31 pm
"Excellent. I wasn't sure if this was a 'follow immediately' or 'it may still be looking for the thing' sort of pathway." Though both would have been progress away from 'standing in a park feeding people's familiars and giving people weird names in your phone while maybe being late to work'.

At least Cid wasn't too obscenely strict about that. Maybe it was because she came bearing pictures.

Cass was a bit more eager to start following the trail, heading the way along after it without asking if perhaps Nasir had wanted to. "So sounds like the 'just falls in' never goes away?" That sounded inconvenient on a few fronts, actually.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:38 pm
"I kind of visualized it as a follow immediately and it leads us where we need to go kind of thing. So ... somewhere along this fairy trail," yes he was absolutely calling it that, "there's a way out of here."

He looked over to here with a laugh. "Yeah, um. Well, it goes away for some, I think. Those who kind of pick up some kind of knack for getting over here some way?" Nasir thought that was how it worked. "I think the more you get into it, the more you ... fall in, if that makes sense? I've found myself here more now than when I first found out I could cross over."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:45 pm
"Yeah? So it's like this," she gestured with a hand to everything, "is just facilitating those it wants here getting over here somehow until you don't need help anymore." If she knew enough people, Cass would venture to guess that people who stayed away on their own even if they could come visit of their own abilities eventually were pulled back in.

Just to tell them they were there forever.

"It does seem like since my first physical visit I get more of those than just the dream ones."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces