Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] not the rocky and bullwinkle show (cass & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:40 pm
"Does anyone label anyone with their real name anymore in a phone? Isn't everyone some kind of visual identifier or name that is a reminder?" Though for the moment Cass was labeled Cass and later, after she sent that unicorn emoji, she would be changed to unicorn gal.

"Though I usually wait until I meet someone a second time. Got to get the right impression," he said with a laugh.

demon_pachabella

word count to here: 1396

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:49 pm
"People who have no fun and no memory, probably do." Cass nodded. "I mean, I have a few people in my phone listed under real names." because 'Gus McFrankerstein sounded like a real name to anybody (and he never picked up her important phone calls. What an a*****e.)

"I usually take about three times. First times are awkward, second times people usually throw up a pretext to guard themselves with now that they're prepared, and the third time they drop it just enough because they think they've fooled you with the second time so you won't notice a little relaxation." Cass did a side-to-side wiggle with her hand to indicate 'ehhh, kinda' as she said this. "Not an exact science."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 am
"Only keep a real name when it's funny," Nasir said solemnly. Then, of course, he was chuckling as she explained her method.

"I'm not nearly so, uh ... complicated. Also I'm pretty much the same all the time. Or, at least, that's what I've been told. Weirded this detective out once, I guess, because he wasn't used to friendly people." Actually that had hurt Nasir that he had been looked oddly for being nice and friendly. Mostly because he already felt weird for being someone who was open and just wanted to be nice.

Seriously. He did not have it in him to be mean. It just wasn't him. (Actually it was probably in there somewhere, just hard to get to with his even temperament.)

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:29 am
"You'd be surprised, but I'll believe it." Cass said with a smile. While her methods certainly weren't science, they were built under her own way of living - which meant she took a little extra care to not relax too much into her skin (even when praising Cthulu).

"It's not always a big change, after all. I judge my music the same way. The 'get the feel' test, I guess." she laughed a bit, as though she'd just said something very awkward. "So. What were you looking for with my once-friend before I distracted him?"

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:10 pm
Nasir let out a laugh. "That sounds like something Wil would say. 'Get the feel' test. Except he'd probably laugh and give me some kind of look before making grabby hands." That had him glancing away, warmth in his cheeks before he looked back towards her.

"Oh! I was trying to see if I could see a way out better with his eyes than my own. It's a lot easier to warg with him here than it is in Ashdown. Used to get head splitting migraines and now they're just, you know, migraines."

Somehow that was a difference.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:56 am
Cass couldn't help but giggle as Nasir looked away. "Can't say I'd be above that myself." Because she was an awful person, clearly. She was going to use that on Marcus now.

"Y'know, my first visit here I was guided out," sort of, " by a cat. Do animals see ways in and out easier or just certain ones?" because she had jokingly contemplated getting an OAD Seeing Eye Critter. Not that she'd be any good for it.

azurexxdreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:30 am
"Just certain ones, I think," Nasir looked thoughtful. "I mean cats for sure? You know that entire one foot in, one foot out business. I think the Chief Mercer's-"

His mouth closed suddenly, as if he realized he was rambling and should stop.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:40 am
"Well, I also am not sure if this cat was normal. Had a built in flower crown. Was quite pretty, actually." Violetta was not a normal cat at all.

"That's good to know, though. Would be nice to stop stumbling into places by accident..."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 pm
"Oh! Was it Violetta or Hellbine? Um, Violetta has violets that grow behind her ears." His fingers touched behind his ears. "Hellbine's got this little mohawk of vines with flowers down the center of his head. Though I guess it could have been another cat with flowers ..."

Not that Nasir really knew of, at least. Hadn't they had a third sibling? Who knew.

"Yeah, cats can lead you sometimes but I think they're just more sensitive. Dogs can't though. Don't know why."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:15 pm
"Violetta!" Cass replied. "She is a very long cat. Was soft. Would hold again." She talked in near internet-memes about the othercat. "Algernon Mercer's cat." Or he was it's human. She wasn't going to judge whatever relationship dynamic was going on there.

"I bet it's because dogs are more domesticated than cats are?" it made sense. They were more tied to the senses of their people than cats tended to be. Not that cats didn't like people, but they were free-er? Freer. Frer.Frrr.

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:54 pm
"Yeah, she has a brother who's really small. Still kitten size, almost." Nasir was smiling, thinking about the small cat that grew things for him in his kitchen window herb box.

"That may be it, actually! Not really sure but it I know for, um, warg familiars? It's best if they're left to their own devices. We can kind of hinder just how good they can become if we treat them too much like pets."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:31 am
“Oh no. A tiny mischief.” Cass gasped at the thought of a cat that tiny. FULL GROWN and that tiny. She needed to see this kitty.

Cass looked off towards where Trouble had abandoned her to once there was no more food to be offered. “So I….shouldn’t offer Trouble more trail mix in the future.” it was less a question and more of a statement. That was the surefire way to domesticate an animal at heart in her mind.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
"You can, that's fine." Nasir was moving towards Trouble, a hand held out for him and a wordless call made within his mind for his familiar to come to him. He did so a moment later, though he landed in his hair and not on his hand.

"It's more ... I need to let him roam free and not keep him inside. Even wild animals get fed by humans, you know? It's when we try to domesticate them, take their wildness from them, that it gets a little hinky, I think. At least for warg familiars anyway."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 am
"As long as that doesn't hurt anything you're doing." Cass submitted. Which basically meant she'd still try to feed Trouble until she was told to seriously stop it.

"Man, this all is more involved than I thought it was going to be....and I already thought it was going to be pretty involved," she laughed a bit. Certainly she'd set certain standards up rather high, but just getting into the intricacies of one of these 'factions' (it was her way of making sense of everything, at least, to use 'Faction') was starting to be detailed.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 pm
"It doesn't," reassured Nasir before he was chuckling. "It's only involved if you, um, want to become a warg? Like you can decide to become one. You just have to pick out a familiar and try and form a bond with it. I didn't - mine just kind of happened - but I know someone who did and my boyfriend is trying to warg with his pet ferret."

Seriously. A ferret warg.

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas