azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 pm
There were several markets that happened every month within Ashdown and it was now time for the artisan market. Booths were everywhere with handmade items from art to jewelry and even to weaponry.

It was also the first time for what looked to be a new booth. It was mostly enclosed but through the flap of the tent one could see the glint of daggers and, strangely enough, jewelry.

Blade Kuroda
hey shun, wanna get a custom blade?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:51 am
After what had happened at the last farmer's market he had gone to, some people might have expected Shun to avoid them. But he knew better than to let one freak occurrence to keep him from going on about in a semi normal fashion.

Granted this one was technically an artisan's market. He didn't go to these as often, generally, as there usually wasn't something he really needed there. But sometimes it was nice to see what sorts of things people were making.

While he was browsing around, he noticed a tent that apparently was a relatively new booth. He made his way closer to see what it might have. The daggers he spotted through the tent flap caught his attention. And such, he entered.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:05 am
Once inside, it became clear that it was not just blades and some jewelry but also some sculptures (that might have looked like dragons and a couple others like large wolves).

A blonde young man was in the process of putting some pieces out on display, head raising and giving Shun a polite nod of acknowledgement once he was seen. He was very carefully organizing what looked like chain mail bracelets before he set the tray down into the display and closed it.

The blades, it turned out, looked to be very well made from the metal itself to the handle and that was where he would head next to make sure they were neatly organized.

"Hi," he finally said, "were you just wanting to look at what's here or was there something particular that caught your eye?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 am
Shun nodded in return to the one manning the tent, tilting his head as he briefly watched what he was doing. It seemed this guy crafted a variety of different things.

"Bit of both. I spotted some of the daggers through the tent flap," he replied before making his way to where the blades were being kept, looking over what was there.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:14 pm
There was everything, from stilettos to kukri blades. They all gleamed, bright and shiny, and the edges looked particularly sharp.

"Ah, I didn't think anyone was going to be interested in those," he chuckled a little bit, scratching a finger against a cheek. "Mostly expected it'd be jewelry pieces and some of Jaro's sculptures." Shun was followed, the young man a good distance away (a respectable distance).

"Is there something in particular you're looking for? I've made these myself over the last year or so. Got kind of annoyed that I couldn't find a blade that felt right in my hand."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:09 am
"I always can appreciate a good blade."

They certainly looked impressive, but it was hard to tell just by looking if they were meant only for display or what.

Tilting his head at the young man, he asked, "Do you practice with blades?"

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:43 pm
"Is there a particular style you prefer? I'll see if I have anything if so ..." His fingers hovered just barely away from the blades before he turned his head to look at Shun with a barely there smile.

"Not as much as I'd like, I prefer making them, but there's something comforting about a blade that's properly weighted and feels like an extension of yourself."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 pm
Shun had to think about that for a moment.

"Kards and tanto are both nice. Though I find a lot of different blades to have their merits," he replied after awhile.

"But I know that feeling. I have a collect of blades at my apartment, but most of them have that sort of perfect balance to them."

Honestly, the only one that was perfect was his shadowed blade. But that was an exception in multiple ways.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:54 am
"To really have perfect balance, it has to be crafted to the owner," he replied, gray eyes looking towards Shun and then back to blades. He was about to reach for something before he stopped.

"Do you prefer a single edged tanto or a dual edge? Kards are singled edged as well but I don't want to assume you prefer the same with tantos."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:28 am
There was a tilt to his head at the question, "The classic shinogi style blade is always nice, but I like the kissaki-moroha style better. However, I hear that style is more difficult to forge properly."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:45 am
"Shinogi ..." Aodh tapped his finger against his lip before he was pulling a blade down and offering it out to Shun. "This one I made a few months back." The blade was was sharp, the lines of it following the traditional shinogi style, and it's handle surprisingly solid when gripped despite how light it felt over all.

"I actually have tried making anything in that style ... Not yet, anyway. I've switched back to some of the more traditional styles you'd see in medieval weaponry but that's only because Jaro's been making dragon sculptures." A breath. "Western ones." Which somehow explained why he was making those kinds of blades.

He moved around Shun, pulling another dagger down. This one had a black as pitch handle and the metal gleamed brightly. "This one is a kata-kiriha-zukuri and I probably spent too much time on it but I enjoyed making it."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:00 am
Shun took the blade carefully and examined it. He tested its balance, and carefully looked over the edge.

"Not bad," he commented before looking up as Aodh grabbed another dagger. He wasn't really sure what that statues had to do with the weapons... unless they tried to keep a relative cohesive theme here or something.

"Impressive. That is a fairly uncommon style of blade as well. I have not even seen one in person."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm
"I was wanting to test myself, see if I could make one." A rueful chuckle escaped. "I went through a lot of materials before I was satisfied with what I made." Holding out his hand, he would take the blade that Shun held and let him have the other.

"While I don't consider myself skilled in the slightest, I do work with the blades a little after I make them." So he did practice, in a way, just not as much.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:55 pm
Trading the two daggers, Shun went ahead and started to carefully examine the other blade. It certainly seemed like it had been well crafted.

"I collect them, but I also do train," he stated, "You seem to do some real fine work here. How much do you usually charge to make one?"

With a nod, he held the tanto out for Aodh to reclaim.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:03 pm
"Part of the reason why we opened this place up during the market is because I'm trying to cut back on the hoard." Aodh shook his head with a fond smile (because he was thinking of Jaro and his tendency to just KEEP EVERYTHING).

The blade was taken back, Aodh putting it back on the wall and turning back to Shun. "Oh, I charge the cost of the materials - at my cost - plus an hourly rate for the time I put in which doesn't start until I actually start working on the piece itself." He was moving towards the back counter and plucking a card up from a container. "I also take some measurements of the buyer. Hand length, width, your height and so on."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces