Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:28 pm
the rules.
      1. This event is not serious! No one will judge you if you choose not to play.
      2. Challenges begin 24 February at midnight PST.
      3. Challenges end at midnight PST on 24 March.
      4. You must complete three out of five challenges to earn an event credit.
      5. You can only redeem an event credit for one character per three challenges completed.
      6. Be nice!
      7. Don't lie about reqs. All RPs gotta be finished (except for the word count challenge, which just counts words posted)!
      8. Each challenge has more specific rules which you may read about in their specific threads.
      9. You only redeem points for the highest tier you complete in a thread. So if you complete a challenge up to tier 1, you get 5 points for completing the challenge--you don't also get points from tiers 2 and 3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:33 pm
the prize.
    THE PRIZE IS AN EVENT CREDIT. No, just kidding, that's not the only prize. In each thread, there are participation tiers. Think of these as medals: tier 3 is bronze, tier 2 is silver, and tier 1 is the coveted gold. You can trade these in for points, which you can use to purchase special, otherwise unavailable powers! And some special, but still occasionally available powers!

Here are your options and their prices!

**NEW PLAYERS ONLY** - 25 points
          If you have no magical characters at all, you can turn in 25 points to claim an upgrade for one character. Your character will be picked up by a shop artist at their discretion.

astral force - 25 points
          You can mark (through a mechanic subject to approval when this power is claimed) otherwise unmagical civilians and allow them access to, and use of, one of your powers. You cannot stack marks to grant someone all of your powers. A civilian may only be marked by one person at a time; the old mark will "break" when a new mark is applied.

ridiculous hammerspace - 20 points
          Your character can, by thinking about it, store up to 250 pounds of objects in a personal hammerspace. They can also withdraw it.

two places at once - 20 points
          Your character can create an illusion of themselves to do stuff they don't want to do. This illusion can't really DO anything or interact with anyone; it's an autoresponder at best. It only lasts an hour, but that's long enough to get you out of that meeting...

continuum rift - 20 points
          By a mechanic to be determined per character, you can "mark" a place in time. You can then travel back in time to that point exactly as you were then, high five your double, and go do something else. Great if you don't have the clone-creating power above, but also only good for an hour. NOTE: you must high five your double.

the showdown at dashdown - 15 points
          Once per day you have the ability to channel the Speed Force and go really, really fast for 30 seconds. This applies to your car also, or your cooking. Or sex, but you probably don't want it to.

primal scream - 10 points
          When you scream, people stop moving. They physically cannot move for 15 seconds. Not even to breathe.

it's a widget - 10 points
          You now have a small possession which, when played with, proves immeasurably distracting to the people around you. "Possession" is not a euphemism.

the right to bear arms - 5 points
          You may now pull a pair of bear arms out of hammerspace at any time. You are also never cold enough to need a sweater, freeing you to bear bear arms in your bare arms.

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:35 pm
claiming your prize.
    Ah yes, the good part.

Completing any tier of a challenge counts towards getting an event credit. You must complete three challenges in order to get an event credit. To get an event credit for multiple characters, you must complete enough challenges to claim enough event credits for multiple characters. (So you'd need (character number) x 3 to generate your total required challenge amount: 1 char needs 3 completed events, 2 characters need 6 total, 3 needs 9 total.)

Completing any tier of a challenge also gives you points. You can redeem these points for prizes from the above pool.

Redeem your prizes and event credits using these codes as necessary.

[size=15][b]event credit claim.[/b][/size][list]character claiming for: (link to journal)
challenges completed: (link to your post in each challenge's thread)[/list]

[size=15][b]power claim.[/b][/size][list]character claiming for: (link to journal)
power claiming: (copy and paste power title + desc here)
proof of completion: (link to your post in each challenge's thread, proving you have enough points to earn the power you want)[/list]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 pm
Got questions? Check the last challenge month thread to make sure your question isn't answered there, then post here in this thread if it's not. :3

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 am
Even if you're not new, if you get 25 event points, could you gift them to a new player to give them a Dreamer? Or can points only be used on yourself/your own characters?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:55 am
Daekie
Even if you're not new, if you get 25 event points, could you gift them to a new player to give them a Dreamer? Or can points only be used on yourself/your own characters?

It can only be used on yourself! This is meant to reward players who are actively participating and contributing to the shop despite lacking dreamers of their own. There will be other opportunities to give characters to friends, so don't worry: your philanthropic instincts will be rewarded!  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 am
Time for weird Pach wording:

Can an incentivized RP (since it's worth 2 points) be used for both a challenge point and a growth point in the same way a word-challenge RP can be used for both the word challenge and a growth point (as long as it isn't used for word challenge -and- another challenge?)?

NOT THAT I HAVE ANYBODY TO GROW. It was just a thought I had.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:55 am
power claim.
    character claiming for: Cassandra Youttz
    power claiming: **NEW PLAYERS ONLY** - 25 points
    If you have no magical characters at all, you can turn in 25 points to claim an upgrade for one character. Your character will be picked up by a shop artist at their discretion.
    proof of completion: Five ten ten = 25

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:35 pm
demon_pachabel

Can an incentivized RP (since it's worth 2 points) be used for both a challenge point and a growth point in the same way a word-challenge RP can be used for both the word challenge and a growth point (as long as it isn't used for word challenge -and- another challenge?)?

If I'm understanding your question ("Can I count an NPC incentivized RP for word count, tasting menu/rolodex, and growth?") the answer is no. The reasoning behind this is that there are plenty of NPCs who could be approached who aren't currently incentivized. It also rather stifles the main goal of challenge events (to make people network and meet new friends and make new stories) if an RP with a mod can count for so much. :')

Hope that answers your question!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:37 pm
demon_pachabel
power claim.
    character claiming for: Cassandra Youttz
    power claiming: **NEW PLAYERS ONLY** - 25 points
    proof of completion: Five ten ten = 25

Approved! Silv will be doing your art, and from here out any new RPs Cass does will count towards her Riser growth. (So any RP started for her after noon today, the first.) Your art may take a little while, though, as your artist has a person in front of you in line :3 Don't worry, though, you still get credit. Congrats!  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:38 pm
shibrogane
demon_pachabel

If I'm understanding your question ("Can I count an NPC incentivized RP for word count, tasting menu/rolodex, and growth?") the answer is no. The reasoning behind this is that there are plenty of NPCs who could be approached who aren't currently incentivized. It also rather stifles the main goal of challenge events (to make people network and meet new friends and make new stories) if an RP with a mod can count for so much. :')

MMMM. Maybe my wording was bad.

Let's say I use my RP with Renard towards Rolodex. As I understand an RP that's used for event cannot also be used for growth normally, it doesn't count for both. However, since it is incentivized and is worth 2 points, can I use it for 1 growth point as well (AKA 1 point --> event 1 point ---> growth), but not wordcount.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:49 pm
demon_pachabel
shibrogane
demon_pachabel

Let's say I use my RP with Renard towards Rolodex. As I understand an RP that's used for event cannot also be used for growth normally, it doesn't count for both. However, since it is incentivized and is worth 2 points, can I use it for 1 growth point as well (AKA 1 point --> event 1 point ---> growth), but not wordcount.

No, because the incentive is for growth points only, not for event points. An incentive RP can be used for word count+growth or word count+rolodex/tasting menu, but not rolodex/tasting menu+growth. This is for consistency purposes: event RPs never get used for growth, because they're part of your event credit. The only exception is for word count RPs, which can count for growth, because otherwise people would lose 35k of words. Sorry about that confusion.

(However, RPs with a moderator in their mod shoes (so me with Renard or Silv with Liam or Em with Gloom) don't count towards an rp with that mod for rolodex purposes. Only RPs with a PC (me with Aleksy, Silv with Finn, or Em with Jeremiah, for instance) count!)  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm
shibrogane
demon_pachabel
shibrogane
demon_pachabel

No, because the incentive is for growth points only, not for event points. An incentive RP can be used for word count+growth or word count+rolodex/tasting menu, but not rolodex/tasting menu+growth. This is for consistency purposes: event RPs never get used for growth, because they're part of your event credit. The only exception is for word count RPs, which can count for growth, because otherwise people would lose 35k of words. Sorry about that confusion.

(However, RPs with a moderator in their mod shoes (so me with Renard or Silv with Liam or Em with Gloom) don't count towards an rp with that mod for rolodex purposes. Only RPs with a PC (me with Aleksy, Silv with Finn, or Em with Jeremiah, for instance) count!)

Gotcha! Thank you for clarifying! (Not that I had anything to use in that fashion, lmao, but good to have out on the table smile )  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:35 pm
Going forward, when claiming an event credit you need to claim three different challenges, so you can't claim Arts&Crafts three times, okay?  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:39 am
questions!

one) if i am claiming two event credits is it alright for one event credit to be arts & crafts, rolodex, and word count while the other event credit is tasting menu, arts & crafts, guidebook & personals?

two) am i right in assuming that you can only get one event credit per character from this challenge month?

three) was actually forgotten and i will ask later. instead, i ask, just how stronk are you?

four) i came back hours later and remembered!! if we want to claim something like tasting menu multiple times do we need to get the highest tier available each time? so we'd have to have two tier one to be able to claim a third that's tier three.  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff