Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply OOC Stuff
skype to discord potential chat transfer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you completely unable to move over from skype to discord?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:59 pm
DraconicFeline
KitsuneAura
I can't really say I'm completely unable to move to discord because I do have an account and use it for something else already, but I do massively prefer skype and would honestly like to stay in it if possible. That's more personal preference than anything though, so I'll make the attempt if the majority wants to go. I just probably won't like it much for a while, but I'd get used to it eventually.

i second aura, but part of it is that im not good with big change... and the other part is that I dont know discord. Its an unfamiliar program.

If I were to make/find a resource on 'how to use discord' would that help alleviate transfer jitters?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:49 pm
amicableAggressor
DraconicFeline
KitsuneAura
I can't really say I'm completely unable to move to discord because I do have an account and use it for something else already, but I do massively prefer skype and would honestly like to stay in it if possible. That's more personal preference than anything though, so I'll make the attempt if the majority wants to go. I just probably won't like it much for a while, but I'd get used to it eventually.

i second aura, but part of it is that im not good with big change... and the other part is that I dont know discord. Its an unfamiliar program.

If I were to make/find a resource on 'how to use discord' would that help alleviate transfer jitters?

It might help the transition, yeah.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:18 am
I'm currently not in the skype group, but I used to be. HOWEVER, I primarily use Discord and enjoy it immensely. If Hivestuck made a Discord I would definitely rejoin in a heartbeat

edit: To anyone who is worried about using Discord for the first time - it's pretty intuitive. Group chats are like, so much better on Discord, as Ami mentioned at the start of thread. If you are capable of running skype and getting around Gaia guilds, you should be capable of using Discord. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:45 am
i am completely up for moving to discord!! it's something i really support due to how diverse and just #better than skype it is! my one problem is i've still got friends on skype that primarily use skype and will probably not be changing to discord anytime soon due to personal problems. i'll probably be a little uncomfortable and unused to it at first, but i have a feeling it'd be a lot easier for staff to manage each separate chat channel and stuff. i will probably be a little reluctant for a while because while my normal computer is ok running two programs at once, the computer im using right now is Not The Best for running anything too strenuous. i'll definitely try though! (i'll just be thrown off for a while haha, super used to the blue n white interface on skype)  

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:36 am
I think moving to discord would inconvinence me personally. I wouldn't be able to have it mobile as I don't have space for more apps on my old shitty phone. My other shops I'm in are either on aim or skype so for me... I wouldn't transfer to discord.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:06 pm
I am horrendously in favour, mostly because SKype hates me and my computer with a passion, and discord is much better for me.  

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:24 pm
to be fair i have trouble remembering to log onto alternative clients...and cant really do the extra data when i am out and about on my cell. as it is i have FB and Skype running. I can handle it size wise on the phone but due to mobile data...i wouldnt be likely to want to use it on mobile.

Idk i see good and bad to it either way tbh..i'm on the fence.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:27 pm
Hobo Pixi
I think moving to discord would inconvinence me personally. I wouldn't be able to have it mobile as I don't have space for more apps on my old shitty phone. My other shops I'm in are either on aim or skype so for me... I wouldn't transfer to discord.
Discord can actually be used in browser and doesn't require an app or download to access! I just thought this was worth mentioning for anyone else who was also in a similar position.  

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:31 am
quite uneventful
I'm not sure about how tight your cpu is on your computer, but discord usually uses about as much as one chrome tab.  
OOC Stuff

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff