Submit

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Trevel Caleft [Treble Clef]

Blood colour: Purpleblood - #632ba3

Symbol: đť„ž -- Treble Clef

Profile:
Trevel is a young purpleblood who feels he is better than most trolls. Even as a wriggler he exuded his usual arrogant cocky nature. These traits have followed him into his later childhood, reinforced by his nurturing lusus, Ma Mimin. Trevel tends to micro manage those he keeps under him, and he expects things to be done exactly as told. When sometroll refuses his orders or requests, Trevel has no hesitation showing his disgust and infuriation. In retaliation, he tends to be verbally abusive over physically violent as he usually only antagonizes trolls he believes he can take in a fight. Generally speaking, Trevel doesn't go out of his way to pick fights with other trolls even if they refuse him. He is more a verbal abuser than a physical abuser.

Due to the fact he is a land-dwelling purpleblood, Trevel's view on the hemospectrum is fairly typical of a young royalist Alternian. Between his lusus and media propaganda, Trevel has been fairly heavily influenced to follow tradition. That being said, he does not have any Military aspirations of becoming a solider. While he loves and respects the Crown, he feels he wouldn't excel best as a soldier. He personally feels that is what low bloods are for since he believes it is one of the only ways they can show their worth. This doesn't mean that Trevel doesn't like the military, he simply believes he is destined for better things rather than being a grunt solider. He plans to strive for a creative position, likely one involving promoting propaganda where he can showcase his musical talents.

Music is one of the young trolls absolute favorite pass times and hobbies. Trevel enjoys playing his guitar along with his pan flute that he carries with him everywhere he goes. However, he loves all music and all instruments. He is in he process of self teaching himself how to make acoustic guitars and some wood winded instruments to improve upon his passion His other favorite pass time is exploring and mapping out the places he travels to. When he sees a new plant or animal, he will sketch and color them into one of his journal that he keeps with him.

Trevel is inquisitive and will try and research new species that he encounters at a later time and point. He does this as survivalist training. Trevel feels that way he will know what he can and can not eat should he ever be out in the wilderness. This passion came from living in the fronds and getting lost often. When he was younger, he got separated from his lusus and got very sick from eating the wrong berries. After finding his way home, he decided he'd never be unprepared again. As Trevel got older, he developed a curiousity of living things, fascinated by how plants and creatures thrive in such a hostile world.

Strengths:

Adventurous - Trevel is a intrepid young troll that loves to explore his surroundings. Going hiking along with camping in the wildness is no sweat when you live to be brave. He enjoys seeking out new places to see and has two hives to make traveling a smooth venture as needed. Trevel is willing to take risks and loves to try out new methods and ideas to gain new experiences. He figures no matter the outcome, he can handle it.

Confident - Raised to believe in himself, Trevel is without a doubt sure of himself. He has no uncertainty about his own abilities, correctness and success. As he is a purpleblood, Trevel feels he will always succeed and be a cut above the rest in all he does. He's the troll that walks with his head held high and has his own swag. Trevel believes that having assurance in himself will grant him even more success in his life.

Flaws:

Domineering - Trevel isn't afraid to bully or intimidate those beneath him. He is known for asserting his will over sometroll even if it's done in an arrogant way. Trevel truly feels he is at the top of his game and low bloods are there simply to serve or entertain him. However, sometimes Trevel can step out of line and also bully or attempt to intimidate trolls that are considered highbloods. He also has a hard time making friends because of his look on others.

Selfish - Trevel has been known to put himself first before other trolls. He is fully aware of being selfish and he doesn't care. He believes that it is his right to put himself first. After all, this is Alternia. Every troll for themselves, right? That being said, this purpleblood wouldn't be caught dead helping a troll for free. Everything comes with a price unless Trevel can find some sort of other personal gain. For his selfishness, Trevel has a really hard time maintaining any friendships and ultimately feels alone... not that this highblood would ever admit it.

Weapon: Guitar shaped club fortified with steel.

Appearance:

Trevel is a purpleblooded male with sixteenth rest shaped horns. He has medium length messy hair, all black. He wears a black tank top with his symbol in his blood purple. His jeans are a dark purple and he has arm bandages that are white. His boots should be mostly black with his blood color as they accent. He also wears gloves that are mostly black with small accents of his purple. Lastly, he wears a pair of dog tags. Trevel dresses more like a punk ruffian than anything.
Here is a ref pick of his outfit => x

Home:

Trevel as a purple land-dwelling highblood is well to do, and came into a decent sum of Beatles. With his fortune he has purchased two separate hive locations as it suited the child’s desires and wishes. Trevel’s tastes in décor while practical are still rather lavish. He expects only the best to go into his hive development.

His first hive was developed in the Four Fronds. The hive is nestled in the forest and is extremely generous in both size and room sizes. It has multiple respriteblocks for his servants. His own personal room has music equipment, and a stand for placing his music sheet. The nutritionblock can cook for a banquet with little issue, and is furnished with a double sink, and large fridge.

The second establishment is a spacious mansion in the city. although it recently needed repairs on some parts of the building. When the space ladder debris fell, it damaged the roofing extensively. However the place is once again full operational, and no sign of damage can be seen. This tends to be his hive base; where he usually prefers to be.

Lusus:

Ma Mimin is a gentle small creature that often flutters around restlessly as she goes about her daily business. This lusus is a curious mixture of a Songbird and what appears to be a Lemur. In place of fur, she has thousands of tiny soft patches of feathers that give the appearance of fur. The Songbird/Lemur's elongated tail is elegant and helps balance her.

Ma Mimin refers to her troll son as her Hatchling, and treats him with love and spoils him with affection. Ma Mimin takes great pride in protecting her Hatchling and will do so with her life. She will often sing to him as the lusus tries to use her melodies to soothe him. Her songs are what influenced Trevel's name as well as gave his appreciation and love for music. He even picked up the pan flute so he could play alongside his ma. Trevel's Ma also gave him his views on the hemospectrum as well as his views on the Crown. Ma Mimin believes in the traditional caste system; Highbloods should be on top, while lowbloods serve those above them. She is extremely loyal to the Crown and expects her Hatchling to feel the same.

Overall, Trevel and his Ma are pretty close. They share the same views on life and though their personalities are a tad different, they don't fight or argue too much. What Ma says, goes. Trevel won't admit just how much he appreciates his Ma Mimin but he would do anything for her...after a bit of heckling.

Power: One Day... one day  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 pm
Considering the military is the most important aspect of Alternian culture, I'm interested in expanding on Trevel's thoughts on it. Most, if not all trolls on Alternia are drafted into the military in some capacity when they come of age. Some can establish themselves in other, more specialized careers, but will often come across jobs with distinct military influence. (Performers being contracted to make propaganda material, for example.) Is it being a soldier in particular that Trevel objects to, or does he actively want to avoid any involvement with the military? Either way, I'm curious to know his reasoning. What sort of career would Trevel rather have?

Tangentially, what influences Trevel's interest in survival skills? What is it about being in nature that Trevel enjoys, when he could live lavishly whenever wherever? Does he worry about finding himself stranded in the middle of nowhere? Is it something his lusus encourages, or did he come across it himself? Does this penchant for studying carry over into other areas of his life, like his music or the way he conducts himself around people?

I'm excited to see how Trevel's attitude will come back to bite him once he's actively RPing with other trolls. How does Trevel react when things don't go his way--either when someone in particular is refusing him, or if circumstances just don't play out like he's expecting?

For the sake of certing Trevel, which hive is his primary home?  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm
Thank you for the crit! I went over the crits and incorporated some new information in Trevel's profile. I expanded on what you pointed out, and made note of his main hive for cert purposes as well! c:

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:10 pm
Just a few things!

I didn't mention this earlier, but the first sentence of the first paragraph is redundant. It's not a point against Trevel in any capacity, you might just want to reword that for clarity's sake.

When you describe the ways in which Trevel exercises his highbloodedness in the second paragraph, I'm unclear on what is being meant specifically. As a purpleblood, Trevel would be "in the right" by default. Legally speaking it's not really something that's up for debate. Does Trevel have criteria specific to him when it comes to picking fights with other trolls? Does he only antagonize trolls he could personally take in a fight?

I also want to further clarify Alternia's stance on its military. The general opinion is that being a soldier is one of the highest honors in society regardless of caste. That's where Alternia gets so much of its fervor for violence from. It's fine, interesting even, if Trevel thinks differently. I'd just want to know more about how he came to that conclusion when everyone else would be saying the opposite.  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:22 pm
seekingCylem

I think I addressed all your points... I hope? Haha c:
If not, I'm more than happy to tweak more till he is perfect. Thank you so much for your help!  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:41 am
The first sentence is still worded strangely. "...Who feels he is not only better than most other trolls; even as a wriggler he exuded his usual arrogant cocky nature." The "not only" part implies there's going to be some kind of contrasting detail or twist. You could just leave it as "Trevel is a young purpleblood who feels he is better than most other trolls."

The explanation on how he antagonizes others makes much more sense, though. Thanks for clearing that up.

I also think I know what you're getting at with regards to Trevel's military views. As long as Trevel knows that most typical highbloods aspire to be high ranking soldiers or officers--and that he's the outlier--then what he's got should work fine.

More a point of curiosity rather than critique: does Trevel avoid violence because he dislikes or fears it? That would be an interesting character trait if so, considering for the most part if trolls don't enjoy participating in violence, they at least enjoy spectating.  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:26 pm
seekingCylem
The first sentence is still worded strangely. "...Who feels he is not only better than most other trolls; even as a wriggler he exuded his usual arrogant cocky nature." The "not only" part implies there's going to be some kind of contrasting detail or twist. You could just leave it as "Trevel is a young purpleblood who feels he is better than most other trolls."

The explanation on how he antagonizes others makes much more sense, though. Thanks for clearing that up.

I also think I know what you're getting at with regards to Trevel's military views. As long as Trevel knows that most typical highbloods aspire to be high ranking soldiers or officers--and that he's the outlier--then what he's got should work fine.

More a point of curiosity rather than critique: does Trevel avoid violence because he dislikes or fears it? That would be an interesting character trait if so, considering for the most part if trolls don't enjoy participating in violence, they at least enjoy spectating.[/quo]

Trevel is aware of the military stuff, he personally feels different and understands that his view is not popular.

I'm glad I got that settled for you!!! Man, words are hard sometimes.

As for your curiousity, Trevel doesn't fear or dislike violence. He thinks highly of himself even with style. So he wants to look perfect as much as possible. Having bruising on his face or scars is not his idea of attractive. So if he can avoid a fight with a troll he knows is going to whoop his arse then yeah.. I think you get it. I could try to put that in there if you'd like or I can keep it as a mystery and have other trolls assssk him.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:30 pm
I'd recommend adding it to his profile just 'cos it's an interesting detail that builds on his identity as a performer. smile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
Completed Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers