Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:29 pm
"Ha! I usually have other trolls avsilable if I need people culled from a distance." Nodding approvingly, she watched Sarcel handle the blade. "But versatility is always useful. In thinkin' as well as fightin'. No, I was talking about trolls who can't wrap their mind around how we can't  afford infighting right now. Here, let me show you how to use that thing properly."

Stridig around to Sarcel's side, Regina suddenly was there, taking the blueblood firmly by the arm and hip, guiding her into a proper stance.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:27 pm
    "Ah, yeah..." Sarcel was still fixated on the gleam of the sword when Regina was yanking her around. What the hell was she supposed to do? Protest? She was genuinely interested in the art, but touch was still something she was a little tetchy about. Whatever.

Stance acquired, Sarcel did her best to memorize the way it felt on her muscles, her center of balance, all that fancy jazz. It was definitely out of her element.

"It's definitely... more awkward than handling a shotgun." She confessed earnestly. It felt like her arm was suddenly too long, her palm too sweaty on the handle—when had it gotten so sweaty, actually? ********. "But I always did learn better with the hands on approach. What's next?"

amicableAggressor

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

amicableAggressor rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-12)

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:53 pm
Walking around in a wide-ish circle, the empress drew her own sabre. "Eyes front, watch my blade. And my eyes. Bodies can lie, and so can faces, but it's hard to lie with both at once. You can usually manage to read where the blade's going to be coming from. Usually." Grinning, she took up a stance mirroring Sarcels. Usually she didn't bother with it - but now she referted back to what her own lusus taught her. And then, with slight exaggeration, stepped forwards and swung.

hp: 20/20

Melancholies
sarce was given a military grade sabre, +1 damage

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:16 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 6 damage!

"Usually." She repeated, her brow raising slightly as Regina mirrored her. Were they doing this? She guessed they were doing this. At least she wouldn't be too mad at herself for losing considering she had such a minor idea of what she was doing anyway.

Regina's swing was obvious and on purpose. Sarcel didn't know much about swordfighting, no, but she was fast as ********, and her feet had her backwards out of reach within seconds. Breathing quick. Feet quicker. "You know, you really can learn a lot from fighting with someone." Both about skills and personality.

Her own swing was clumsy, but it had force and it had speed behind it, if nothing else. Maybe she'd get fancier later, but she was still playing the mirror game, trying to get used to the weight of the blade in her hand. Mostly, it just felt like her arm was way too long.

Quote:
    HP: 20/20
    Temporary Military Grade Sabre! +1 damage
    Invisibility (Novice Agi B): 1/1
    Adept Artifact Defense Style A (Swhings): 4/4

amicableAggressor

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

amicableAggressor rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:45 pm
"Oh!" Stepping back and parrying the swing, Regina grinned with the effort. "True words there. Where'd you pick that up, your lusus?" Trying a little more subtlety, she swug with a little less of a telegraph, a little more cunningly.
14/20 hp
3 dmg

Melancholies

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 6 damage!

"Not really." Sarcel spoke frankly, "My lusus didn't teach me s**t."

The swing came at her, Sarce's reflexes answering almost a moment too late; the blade caught hers awkwardly, the weight of the blow not quite balanced as she tried to parry in turn.

"I picked most things up myself. Had to." Would be dead if she didn't. "Learned better that way anyway."

Quote:
    HP: 17/20

amicableAggressor

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

amicableAggressor rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:36 pm
"Flying solo huh? That's pretty sad. A troll shouldn't be alone in the world." Shaking her head, she circled Sarcel, watching the blueblood curiously. "I mean you've done pretty well for yourself, considering." Putting her head to the side, she gave Sarcel a look. It was long and unreadable. Instead of swinging, she stood on guard, waiting for Cincil.

8/20 hp

Melancholies

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:50 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 0 damage!

Sarcel blinked, her eyes never leaving Regina as she found her stance again. She didn't look too bothered "I'm not really that lonely. And friendships tend to be—" She paused as she looked for the word, "—give or take. It isn't like I was completely alone growing up, just that those trolls aren't in my life anymore. It is what it is."

She was basically watching her in turn, her own expression rife with some sort of internal debate, before she finally said, "Besides, I haven't come as far as I wanted. There's still so much more I have to accomplish. I'm still playing catch up with my peers. I can't afford to get content." Sometimes she wondered, even if she did make it far in the military, even if she did make it to the top, would she be happy? Or was this all just a baseless thing to give her purpose in the meantime?

"Come at me again. I messed up last time." Her face was set in a stone cold determination. She wouldn't mess up again.

Quote:
    HP: 17/20

amicableAggressor

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

amicableAggressor rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-12)

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:52 pm
"Your peers, huh." Regina broke from her unreadable expression to give a good old fashioned eyebrow wiggle. Ambition was good though - if it wasn't tainted by desperation. That's when trolls started getting unhinged if they weren't succeeding fast enough. That's when people like Schrad were truly born, if she had to hazard a guess. "That tastes like ambitious talk if I ever heard it, Cincil. En guarde."

Stepping forwards and to the side, she leaned in to her attack with determination and decision, only to switch the direction of her stroke at the last minute. As with her other swings, it wasn't intended to seriously wound. She was more interested in the conversation than setting Sarcel up with a prosthetic. "You've already outdistanced plenty of other bluebloods. Or are you talkin' about some other kinda peers?"

8/20
2 dmg

Melancholies
i hope this is ok!!!! dies from cold medication User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 6 damage!

Sarcel waited and watched, thankful for the faux spar to keep her nerves occupied. She worked well under pressure. Hell, it was the only way she knew how to operate. Sarcel had seen trolls fall to the wayside of ambition--but her desire had always been fueled by her position. She was supposed to be a strong blueblood, but in the end she had been the underdog.

She was ready to catch Regina's swing when the direction shifted. A second too late, a parry too sloppy. The pain from the shallow cut stung. "I'm talking about the others." She gritted her teeth, "Diazzi. Aiguma. Vidari. Maybe I've outdistanced plenty of other members of my caste, but I haven't outdistanced them, and I need to make sure your choice in me--" She felt resolved as she moved in counterattack, "Was not made in vain!" Sarcel retaliated with a very real lack of finesse. She made up for it with equal parts zeal.

Quote:
    HP: 15/20

amicableAggressor

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

amicableAggressor rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:47 pm
Regina was ready to block the swing, but the strength behind it made her plant a foot backwards. her other hand rising to hold her blade firmly. Turning aside Sarcel's strike used all the force of her body, and sent the Empress staggering back a few footsteps, arms ringing from the impact. Nya.

"...haha!" Catching her breath, she gave Sarcel a large grin. "Now that's a swing! Pity you don't like fighting in melee, I think you've got a talent for it." Turning back to face the blueblood, she swung her arm a few times, trying to work out the muscles that were still clenched stiff. "Think you got another one of those in you? I want to see that again."

Advancing, still flexing life back into her arm, she swung one last time at Sarcel.

2/20
4 dmg

Melancholies
i hope this is ok!!!! dies from cold medication User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:52 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 6 damage!

Sarcel staggered too. In any real fight like this, she'd likely be dead, or at least near-dead-but-alive from sheer tenacity. She paused for a second to catch her breath, her face screwed up with a strange unidentifiable mix of emotion. Most that shown through was confusion. Had she been praised?

"Of course." She would swing as many times as she had to, there wasn't any doubt in her mind about it, but she decided in her mind that this would be the last. This needed to be her final impression, and she knew she had to put everything into it for it to linger. A small, almost eager smile managed to break across her face. "If you can handle it."

When she swung she put every ounce of raw determination into it.

Quote:
    HP: 11/20

amicableAggressor
i hope this is ok!!! dies from mold cedicine

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:36 pm
This time when Regina swung Sarcel's sabre away, there was a clatter as her own blade went spinning out of her hand, bounced off a wall, and thanks to the comedic laws of the universe, embedded itself in the face of the training dummy. Putting her hands on her hips, breathing hard but not out of breath, Regina looked from the embedded blade, to Sarcel, and back to it again. "Dang Cincil, you done disarmed me with that disarming personality of yours!"

Stepping over to the dummy, she tugged the blade out of it's face and sheathed it again, turning to face Sarcel properly. "Thanks for indulging me."

0/20

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:44 pm
    "I..." Sarce watched, vaguely dumbfounded, as the blade ricocheted away into the training dummy. Huh. Well. All's well that ends well? She lowered her blade cautiously as Regina went to retrieve hers. "I suppose I did." Disarm her, anyway. Disarming personality?

She was accidentally dwelling on it when the queen turned to face her again. She straightened her posture up, "The pleasure's mine." She moved to hand the sword back over, but paused. After a moment of consideration, she held her hand out for a shake instead.

amicableAggressor
yes hello i hope this is ok!!!

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items