Submit

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Quote:
The main grounds of the Havest Moon Jubilee seemed to be bustling with movement. This sweep seemed almost as homey as last sweeps festival, with the same spicy smells and fried foods being offered! Trolls seemed friendly and swept in the friendly mood, with only the glow from the moons and the shine from the lanterns offering dim lime and pink lighting. The night is clear, and the stars seem even more brilliant in the dark sky. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm, with lowbloods and midbloods making up most of the hues at the festival.

Booths similar to last years are set up around the main grounds, with needles, mooncakes, snoutbeasts, and punkins galore!

OOC: The games from last years Jubilee are around but only as RP fodder! Feel free to join in with your troll making mooncakes, wrassling that pig, or finding that needle!! At the end of the festival, the community pot will be shared among all the trolls! Have fun!! <3

quite uneventful rolled 1 100-sided dice: 89 Total: 89 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:00 pm
Mini-Game!

In each post, roll 1d100! If you manage to be the first to roll the number rolled in this post, you win a colored bust of your troll from me, in their best festival garb!!
Everyone who tries will be thrown in a raffle at the end for a sketch! Goodluck!!

Quote:
The winning number is...

89!!

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:13 pm
Open!!
check out the Virtual Reality Fighting ORP!!

ImaginationsParadise rolled 1 100-sided dice: 57 Total: 57 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:47 pm
This was Polair's first Harvest Moon Jubilee, and she was actually looking forward to it. Not because she could do something different and perhaps get a new hobby but because she was out of her hive, away from Claud. It was really hard to lie, it was wrong she knew it, yet she couldn't come clean with the truth.

Stop thinking about it... I should enjoy my time here. She thought with a sigh. Never had she gone to the plains before, so the scenery, the activities she'd participate in, her current outfit... everything was definitely out of her comfort zone. Hell, never had she ever worn clothes that weren't see through before! She wore a purple and gold kimono that almost reached to her knees and a black bandeau. Of course, it didn't take long for her to take off one of the sleeves, letting it dangle around her waist. Really, wearing such fabric felt weird!

Her hair was styled into a messy bun since she really wasn't fussing over her outfit and had a nice golden pin decorating her hair that matched with her navel piercing. The blind highblood pulled away some strands of hair away from her face before using her sonic cuffs to navigate around. Hm! The mooncakes stalls seemed interesting.

Maybe I should try making some.

Everyone!!!!
Polair is open for interaction!! <33

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:44 pm
        Everything was different this sweep.

One sweep ago, Mahmud would have never found himself greeting people as they came to the Mooncake stall. A sweep ago, he would have been shrinking away from all the people who came to visit. Their touches would have been too frighting, their voices a bitter reminder of what he couldn't experience. There would have been no way in the fiery down-below Mahmud would have been able to do more than give a short nod and stare down at his task.

But this sweep was different.

Now he was able to smile at someone else and say hello. Now he could work an inch away from someone and not be bothered. Between all the events he had gone to, and the various new friends made, Mahmud was starting to feel much better in regards to interacting with troll-kind. Even Fermer had noticed the big difference, and praised him for it. Of course, Harpommy was still nestled nearby with an eye out on her son. Just knowing she was nearby in case something happened was a huge comfort, too.

There was another troll nearby checking out the stall. They were a teenager, and overall very cool looking. However... they were a highblood. No, not just a highblood. A seadweller. Mahmud had only really spoken to a seadweller once and while she had been friendly enough, her lusus... well... that interaction did not end well. This one looked, for lack of better term, badass. Like they could seriously mess Mahmud up if his lowblood rear cushion so much as glared at them the wrong way. He couldn't help but shrink back a bit when watching them move closer and closer.

"Hey..."

It was quiet, almost silent, but he managed to eek out that greeting. "You uh... well um..." So much for this sweep being different. "Want to... that is, want to make a mooncake? Its fun..."

imaginationsparadise

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 pm
"Huh?" Polair tilted her head down once she heard someone talk. Where they addressing her? With one swift motion, and pretending she was only fixing up her bangs, Polair sent small pulses in front of her to verify if anyone had approached her. It got hard sometimes, as trolls often addressed her and she wouldn't notice. Just a downside of being blind really, made her seem rude. Once the sound waves went back to her, straight to her thinkpan, she began to see a figure sitting on what it seemed to be the mooncakes booth.

His greeting was hard to pick up, so the tall seadweller had to get closer to him and crouch down a bit down his size.

"Oh, hello there." She greeted back. Was this kid some kind of staff? He was suggesting her to make some, ensuring it'd be fun. It wouldn't hurt to try out, she knew that, and it would give her some time of independence.

"Sure." She said neutrally. "However I don't know how to make one, is there a set of rules or at least some set of requirements to make mooncakes? If not, the task would be a bit tougher to accomplish." Not that she minded, Polair did like to experiment and a good challenge. Sure to say, the blind troll was glad to see a child being proactive enough to help manage a booth after all.

"What's the first step?"

Skyli Peep
<3

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 pm
        Well at least the troll had been kind enough to bend down to his level, he supposed. "Oh!" This troll was interested in trying it out! That'll definitely make his friend happy. Mahmud may not be running this booth, but the kid sure loved making mooncakes enough to want to see it get more customers. And loved it enough to stay at the booth all day. Okay, maybe it was a little bit excessive but... he had been waiting a whole sweep for this.

"There's kind of some things to do but..." Mahmud was trying to think of a good way to explain this part, as he gathered up the ingredients nearby. "Part of it is sort of instinct too... so um... I can help you with that part."

Gently he pushed a ceramic bowl over to Polair, not stopping until it was snuggly in her hands. "Alright we need... Oil, water, syrup..." As he murmured to himself, Mahmud pulled over ingredients and put them next to his student. "I already measured them out. You just need to mix them in the bowl... you do that, and I'll put the flour in." With that, he reached over to another nearby counter to grab said flour and a sieve.

Gosh, he really needed to be more friendly than he was being, hunh? Granted it was a lot of effort still, but if he was going to be teaching this person how to make mooncakes...

"So what's your name?" Mahmud began to tap the side of the sieve and watch as flour slowly fell into Polair's bowl while she mixed. "I'm Mahmud... and well... I really like making cakes, I guess. What about you?"

imaginationsparadise
        HE'S GROWING UP SO FAST HELP WANDA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:53 pm
"Instinct?" She said surprised as she felt and unidentified object on her hands. Instinct was just a creature's way to react to certain stimuli not for trolls to, well, make mooncakes. It all seemed improbable. Still, she'd obtain an experience. Another small pulse she sent, registering the ingredients in her mental radar and soon after, she poured them all in the bowl and mixing them with... well, the first thing she grabbed. A spoon, hopefully.

She looked up slightly as the brownblood spoke as he tried his best to strike up a conversation. "My name is Polair." The blind troll "looked" down at the bowl and resumed mixing. "I... I guess they keep one occupied while keeping one productive at the same time." Of course, it wasn't something she'd do on a daily basis, Polair had so many things to do after all.

Though, she did feel like that answer was a bit too weak. He had to have a purpose, didn't he? Trolls don't do things willy nilly, right? So she had a question for him. A question that might make him give others a more concrete answer in the future. "Tell me Mahmud, why do you like making these? Any reason in particular?"

Skyli Peep
dOES THIS HELP??????

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:24 pm
        Polair, hunh? Boy did they ask some hard hitting questions... why did he like making mooncakes? He couldn't help but pause and stare at them a while. After a pause he began to tap the flour into the bowl again. Why did he like making mooncakes?

Well, it was fun... and it was a decent way to spend time. They were tasty, as well. Mahmud stayed silent as he looked to Fermer for just a moment. Fermer, as he liked to call the stand owner, was a kind person. He liked kind people. That was another reason to enjoy being here... but there was something more.

It took some time for Mahmud to think of an answer (he was just a little boy after all), but when he did his tone was solemn. "I like making things" He then gave a small nod, and spoke a little louder. "I like to build, and I like to make things..." As he spoke there was a little more confidence in his answers, and Mahmud's voice became more solid. "I like to make rhymes... because it's better to make things than to wreck things. I hate it when people wreck things... don't you? Making things is better."

All the flour was in the bowl now, so he took Polair's hands and brought them into the mixture. "Now we mix it... we gotta knead it, but not too much. I'll help so that you know when." Again he was silent, only mixing his half of the dough. It didn't take long for him to start his own questions again, however. "So do you... like to make things? Or uh, what do you like to do? Other than making cakes..." Of course he was a little boy, and could not formulate his thoughts as well as his companion. But he hoped they got the point he was trying to get across. "I bet what you like's kinda cool..."

imaginationsparadise
        BTW jsyk, I keep saying "They" because Muddybuddy does not know gender of Polair and wants to be Respectful tm. Respectful Mahmud is Respectful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:01 pm
"That sounds nice." So he liked making things. Interesting. The highblood allowed the child to guide her hands, finding his efforts to teach her endearing. He wasn't stopping her from being independent, he was teaching her and that was something she appreciated-- because he innocently did it.

Polair began to knead the dough slowly as she heard him speak, processing his childish words while she kneaded. In turn, and totally expected, Mahmud asked her questions and she couldn't help but smile a bit. The teen enjoyed exchanging points of view and she clearly showed it. Whether it was politics or simply interest, Polair always found those moments interesting "Well," She said, giving him a small smirk.

"I don't consider "wrecking" things as something negative. In fact, I see something positive in it! Allow me to explain." Polair removed a piece of the dough and manipulated it in her hands. "In life, we make things and we destroy them-- we do it, nature does it constantly. But from the things we destroy, we build new things, entirely new things! If we couldn't Mahmud, then we wouldn't progress. Take the mooncakes for example, if we look at a mooncake we see it as a simple dessert. However, it's made up of flour, oil, syrup... It's made up of smaller things, things that were once broken down." She chuckled out.

"Or how about a chair? If we don't "wreck" a tree, then we couldn't have those right?" She began to tear her little bit of dough in her hands and mixed it back into the one they kneaded. "Even something simple as water can be broken down." Of course she stopped before she explained how water was made to a child. "It's all in how you put the broken pieces back together and use it for the greater good. That's why I like wrecking things as much as I like making them."

As for her interests...

"I wouldn't know if my likes would pique your interests but, I like learning... Making other learn and making them the best they can be." This was true, Polair somehow tried to bring up the best out of others. Specially those who lacked confidence on themselves. "I love... I love knowledge, I love questioning most laws of sciences and other scientific branches, and the unknown! The birds, fauna, floras-- I love nature, what makes it up as a whole..." At this point she directed her attention upwards, wishing she could see the starts glistening tonight. "Most of all I love the stars." She said a bit saddened.

"Someday I'll go up there and explore the great unknowns of space and if I can't..." Well, she'd find something else to do. Life never stopped for anyone unless they, well, died. She activated her bracelets with a swift motion and saw Mahmud's small figure in front of her and again she smile reassuringly. "Never give up the things you love, alright? Even if the easiest thing is to do so." She sniffled.

"Ah, I think it's soft enough. What do you think?" Polair poked the dough, seeing that indeed they might have the right consistency.

Skyli Peep
i think she answered all his q's

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:25 pm
        Woah.

Mahmud couldn't say anything at first, choosing instead to stare in wonder at Polair as they spoke and demonstrated. Normally, he felt highbloods were no different from him but... was this the power of being able to get a more formal education? Harpommy did her best, no lies about that. She taught Mahmud to read and write, and how to survive. But the way Polair verbalized their thoughts, vocalized her dreams... this person was on a whole 'nother level. For the first time in a long time, Mahmud truly felt how his way of life and thinking was being challenged. That hadn't happened since... well, the Trials. This was different though. As far as he could tell by body language, Polair meant no harm.

Finally he managed to swallow, and give a short nod. "I want to learn more... its hard though. Harpommy teaches me the best she can..." Mahmud gently squished the dough in his fingers, then kneaded at it a couple more times before taking them out. "Its hard though... wait, space?" The words clicked in his mind, and renewed energy came forth in his voice. "Did you participate in the Great Space Race? Just because you know um... it sounds like something you'd do... I did it." He couldn't help but grin remembering it. Despite all that happened, it remained a fond memory... save for all those robots. "I wanted to learn how to build better. I've been building on my hive... I bet you could get to space though! The other trolls got close."

Yeah! Thats right! Polair could get their dreams to come true! "You could totally explore space! Just like you said... not to give up..." That was a hard lesson for him to learn... and to be honest, Mahmud wasn't sure he had learned it completely yet. "The dough's done, but wait a sec!" He turned back to the ingredient counter and pulled out something brown and squishy, and then something yellow and round. "We gotta make the insides now... we put these egg yolks inside this waterflower seed paste. Don't ask why, it tastes good though!" Again he slid the ingredients to Polair and took only a few himself, wanting the other to learn how to do it. "You just wrap it around the egg yolk... its as easy as it sounds."

For a moment he was quiet before finally piping up "Can you tell me about space, Polair? What do you like about space so much? Can you teach me?" The way they spoke, it sounded so romantic... in a novel sense, of course. Not like, literal romantic. Who would kiss a star? Icky.

imaginationsparadise
        Polair is officially Senpai

DraconicFeline rolled 1 100-sided dice: 91 Total: 91 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:06 am
Keionx Rutace

Keionx had been to the last harvest festival, and she was at this one. Dressed as her Xionek persona, she patrolled the festival, admiring the produce and making sure something as genuinely good and wholesome as this went without poisoning, bloodshed, or unpleasantness.

That Chiara (curse her face and name) was at her own booth, so that element of danger was not in play. But who knew what other villains stalked the festival this night? And which swamp children had decided to join in, who would need protecting?

Keionx was alert. Keionx was vigilant. Keionx was... Keionx.

She noticed Mahmud at the moon cake stand, but he was busy so she simply smiled behind the scarf covering her face. He wouldn't recognize her anyway - he knew her outside of her disguise, after all. Still, it was good to see him.

Keionx moved on.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
ImaginationsParadise rolled 1 100-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-100)

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:19 pm
"Of course it's difficult... Learning is always a hard thing to acquire. Don't feel pressured by wanting to learn though, it's not a chore but a passion-- A passion you entwine with your interests." She smiled, which faded quickly as he mentioned the space race. Polair couldn't help but shudder as her brain recalled the events. Though a warm sensation on her palm made her calm down a bit. She pressed her lips together and stiffly nodded.

"I did so too... Thank you for believing on me Mahmud." She, she needed that. Hearing it from someone other than her lusus, or even herself. It felt much better.

"I bet you build great things." She sighed and mustered up enough energy to smile. "Just remember that an object that is at rest will tend to remain at rest. Whereas, an object that is in motion will tend to remain in motion. Always drive yourself to accomplish what you've proposed and you'll keep on making progress." It sounded like the poor child was pressuring himself into learning, and that wasn't the way to go. At least he was willing to, that was good!! Mahmud just needed a push into the right direction. "With the right attitude and desire to learn, you will succeed-- in time for sure, but I think you will indeed-- Ninety eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed."

When he passed her the next set of ingredients, Polair didn't know what to do. Which was the paste and which was the egg yolk? Sweat formed underneath her thick bangs as she pondered what she should do. There was a fifty percent chance of succeeding and another fifty percept indicated she could definitely mess it up. Shyly, she had both ingredients in hand and began to put one wrapped around the other. The highblood looked up nervously as she almost missed his questions.

"Sure! I can, at least, share a glimpse of my views. I can't hoard your attention for too long, after all, you have better things to do!" She shrugged as she continued stuffing the paste inside the yolk. "I guess I like the fact how everything beyond our atmosphere is connected with us and our environment. Which pretty much explain our existence, you know? The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon inside our mooncakes... We're made in the interiors of collapsing stars." Which greatly made her wonder how Alternians were so connected to those glistening objects in the sky. "I am in love with the fact that there are- perhaps, billions of places out there that we know nothing about! All that makes an inquiry in me, "If there's so much out there-- why am I stuck right here?"" She chuckled.

"The fact that we know absolutely nothing about them excites me, and makes me want to go out there and find out everything I can about them. Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known..."

She lit up when he wanted to learn. "I'd love to teach you about it." Polair absolutely would.

Skyli Peep

leon_a_darkangel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:39 pm
This year, Xavier had decided to actually try attending the Jubilee with the intention of getting to see more of Alternia. His lusus had opted to stay back away from the main activities and watch over the hive. While he worried about leaving her, it wasn't like Papa Bear wouldn't keep Anu company. With the Space Race over, he still felt a lingering sense of disappointment within himself he hadn't done more. He'd made his friends worry..and hadn't exactly been the most helpful. Still, as the days had passed and the holiday had loomed he'd mustered up the courage to stop his moping and try and make the best of the situation. The main grounds were full of life and energy, and in a strange sense it felt nice.

He hadn't come alone, and first on the stop list was the mooncake stall they'd passed by not long after entering the fairgrounds. Dressed in a colorful jade and black robe, Xavier had decided to ditch his usual common attire for his current wear..save of course his usual boots. He'd rolled back his sleeves as he approved the baking booth. Glancing to his left, a thoughtful look crossed his features. "Say, Eilidh...do yuh think it's a dumb idea to give sometroll a present as a way of asking them about their feelings? Be honest." The jadeblood asked almost abruptly as he worked on his mooncakes..pausing to look down at the current batch he was working on.

His thoughts turned to two particular trolls. One of which he was already talking to..the others being Amonee and Nucleo respectively. He had plans to make all three of his good friends a little something...but the idea of asking trolls you considered such good friends such important questions was difficult and namely stressful. Even if he didn't make it that far, just the fact he was here was fun in of its self complicated emotions aside.

Hobo Pixi
come bake with the awkward kid lol

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Hobo Pixi rolled 1 100-sided dice: 67 Total: 67 (1-100)

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:47 pm
Eilidh hadn't been to this sort of festivities before! Papa bear usually kept her in during this time to protect her; what a worry wart! Papa bear was left with Anu, Xavier's Lusus, to keep each other company... Not that her lazy papa needed it, he'd likely just sleep the whole time! Eilidh smiled to Xavier, nodding to him. "Sure, that sounds fun.... a little nerve-wracking but... fun." She agreed as she moved a little bit away from Xavier to work on her mooncakes. She wondered if Xavier would make her one... should she make one for him? Or.... What if she made him one but he didn't make her one. The thought made her pumpbiscuit thud heavily with worry and doubt. So far, there was really only one other troll she was crushing on... nothing too big but there was something there. Her face flushed with embarrassment as she began decorating some mooncakes. "H-how's yours coming along?" She asked her best friend.  
Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff