Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Dozen square cookies (Thorne/Shun)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:50 pm
Shun needed to reach out more. It wasn't enough to just have allies, but he apparently needed... friends? He still wasn't entirely certain how to friend properly, but he had some rough ideas. So it was time to subject some more people to his square-shaped chocolate chip cookies.

At about midday, he arrived to Coalsmoke, parking his motorcycle outside, he shifted his backpack and went ahead to remove the tupperware box of neatly stacked cookies within. He tucked his helmet under one arm, then proceeded to knock on the door of the warehouse.

Chris, he figured was out teaching in school right now, but maybe Thorne was in at the moment in the least.

elkbones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:25 pm
Thorne was in a balancing act when Shun knocked on the door. It was probably, in retrospect, not the wisest, nor sanest idea to open the door to what could possibly be Mormon missionaries or investigators or the police department with a stack of sketchbooks balanced on his head and two separate plates full of egg rolls in his hands, but Thorne somehow managed to do it, and was relieved instantly upon seeing it was Shun.

"Hey there," he said with a grin, "Don't tell me someone called in a noise complaint again. I promise I've been good for the most part. I didn't even raise my voice when the heathen tried to assert that there was no difference between lemon and lime juice."

He steps back and once again somehow manages to gesture Shun into the upper level of Coalsmoke. It smells nice - a mixture of soil and plants and baking, something lingering in the air like shampoo and incense.

"How have you been?" he called. "Come in at least, it's getting colder, and it won't stop raining, goddamn."

Blade Kuroda

moonjavas

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:48 pm
Shun waited patiently, blinking as he saw Thorne answer the door... with books upon his head and eggrolls in a plate in his hands.

"No, nothing like that thankfully. I am just dropping by," he replied. He wasn't in his work attire, but instead something more casual.

Once beckoned, he nodded and stepped on past the threshold. There was a pleasant earthy scent in the air. Apart from the soil and plants, it also smelled a bit sweet. Thorne must have been making something right about now.

"Doing alright. Working hard as usual," he nodded. The detective held up the small box, showing he had something for the other guy, though his hands were already full enough as it stood, "The rain is a pain in the a** for certain. At least it stops sometimes. But what of yourself?"

Elkbones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:14 pm
Thorne grinned at Shun, happy and content as a cat. If he was anything at all in another life, he was certainly a feline for how much danger could crowd in the corner of his smile when he wanted it to.

"I'm glad then, it's always nice to see a friend," Thorne replied. He dropped the sketchbooks on a growing pile near the couch and the eggrolls went the island counter at the kitchen. Turning back Shun, he said, "Make yourself comfortable. Do you want anything? Coffee? Tea?"

He blinked when the detective presented the box, and came closer like a cat being lured by the promise of a shiny thing. "Oh, what is this?" he asked, excited, pleased, intrigued. He looked up at Shun and laughed.

"Sounds as fun as ever. Don't kill yourself on your work though. And the rain is a pain in the a**," he retorted, "And it's awful to drive in. Though I got yelled at for even reaching for a car the other week. " He rolled his left shoulder and shrugged at Shun. It was still sore and stiff. Despite his earlier appearance, the truth was that Thorne was still sore all over, and felt on most days like he'd been run into by a battering ram.

"I've been well," Thorne said, his tone low and rolling with contentment and happiness at the visit. "Got into a bad crash a few weeks ago though, after the road trip. My brother had it in him to invite me to Mass, and then force me to spend nearly an entire day in a hospital. It was awful. But the cats are happy and Chris is somewhere, and if the rain lets up, that would be wonderful - but otherwise I'm good."

Blade Kuroda

moonjavas

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:23 am
With a nod, Shun went ahead and followed Thorne on into the kitchen, now sitting the box onto some free space on the counter as well.

"Tea would be fine. As for this... ah... cookies. Of the hopefully not shitty variant," he explained, tapping the lid of the box. Given how baked goods seemed to be a point of contention between Chris and Thorne, he wondered if he should have actually not brought these. Oh well. What was done was done. This was a point of no return. Too late to turn back now.

"No s**t. I have to be extra careful on my bike," he grumbled. He probably should just use one of the precinct's vehicles for now, really.

At the mention of having gotten into an accident, the detective blinked a few times while looking the other man over. He looked relatively unharmed, from what he could tell at least. It had him wondering if Thorne had popped over to the other side to get some magical healing done at all.

"Well at least you were able to walk away from that, more or less."

elkbones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:07 am
Thorne grinned and set to work examining the box once he could, his eyes wild with delight. It seemed that no matter the multitude of baked things in his space, he could always use more, and always from people other than himself.

"Tea it is. Black? I also have green, or a mix," Thorne responded, pulling two mugs from one of the cabinets and setting out a kettle to boil the water. His smile was easy and cat-like. He was happy for the visitor, the cabin fever having only been stemmed by Chris, and Chris was out right now.

"God, I could only imagine. Don't fall, that would an absolute terror for us all, and then I would have to fight you with crutches," Thorne retorted dryly, mis mouth curved into a slight smile.

At the once over, Thorne chuckled and shrugged, gesturing to his stiff left shoulder. The bruises had mostly healed, and only a soft spot of them clustered visible at the edge of the henley.

"Thankfully," he retorted, "But I dislocated my shoulder, and now my doctors are yelling at me to come to them for physical therapy. It is sore, but..." He really hated to go in for anything, even if it wasn't a hospital. Medical practices in general left a sour taste in his throat. "Honestly you coming is a small blessing. Anything new happen recently in your life, other thank your continued attempt at digging an early grave with all that hard work and no play? I've been driven mad by cabin fever without Chris here today. Is it alright if I - "

Thorne pointed to the box with a grin that spoke of wild intrigue and hunger.

Blade Kuroda

moonjavas

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:20 am
Shun wondered if he should be afraid at all, after seeing that wild look in Thorne's eyes. What sort of monster did he just unleash right now?

"Hm... I will take a mix," he nodded as he lightly leaned against the counter.

"I try my best not to. I have found that I can accelerate my healing somewhat, but I have not really seen how that goes with heftier injuries. Most likely that time will come sooner or later," he grumbled. As much as he could try to avoid getting hurt badly, with things slowly spiraling downwards, there were bound to be injuries down the line. There was no way he would be coming out of whatever was ahead completely unscathed.

That said... if the blows he took were of the mental variety, he was s**t out of luck.

"Dislocated shoulder. Could be worse, but you will need to take care to not let it pop out again," he nodded before glancing down at the box he had brought once more. And there was another wild look coming from Thorne. With a bit of hesitation, he stated, "Go on ahead. They are meant for consumption after all."

elkbones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:10 am
"Wise choice, it's a nice one," Thorne retorted as the kettle began to whistle. Deftly, he prepared the cups, pulling and working two infusers with the loose leaf tea. The aroma began to sway through the air like a lure. Thorne made a sound of appreciation, and after finishing, offered the cup to Shun.

"So long as you don't cut an arm off or anything," he retorted, wry and soft, eyes flicking over the other. He was sure that both of them would accumulate more wounds over time, more battle scars. He just hoped Shun would know to dodge a bullet if it came for him in the form of a knife or a motorcycle accident waiting to happen. "I'd rather not have to drag you around Other Ashdown like that. I can - " he gestured mildly. "I can transfer pain from others to myself, but it's not a healing talent. It's just - I'm like a walking capsule of advil, really."

He gave a shrug, laughing a little, and rolled his shoulder as best he could. It was still stiff, and burned from too much exertion. But Thorne was glad to be rid of the sling. It had pissed him off to no end not be able to use both arms - or be able to try at least.

"Something I dread doing," Thorne replied dryly. "God knows I'd rather not repeat the incident. Car flips aren't as fun as they look in movies, and the Camaro needs such a big job that she'll be in the shop for awhile. I'm stuck with the soulless Mercedes in the meantime."

With devious, pleased efficiency, Thorne popped open the lid and examined the cookies. His eyes were wild and excited. He took one and nibbled the corner of it before taking a full bite, huffing a pleased and energetic sound.

"Thank you," he added, looking over at Shun, "You've no idea how much I love receiving baked goods. It's my goal in life to solicit them from everyone, and you have just climbed the ranks significantly." He took another bite, a purr of pleasure rolling in his throat. "You should do this more often," he added. "I'll bring something for you in return."

Selfish and devious, and a little bit mischievous as well.

Blade Kuroda

moonjavas

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:40 am
Once he received the cup of hot tea, Shun took it and gave a nod of gratitude. It certainly smelled nice. After waiting a moment to let it cool a bit, he took a careful sip. Yes this was a pretty good blend.

"...Yes I would rather not lose any limbs. That could effectively remove me form a lot of this..." he commented, frowning lightly. It would take time to properly adapt to having a missing arm or leg. Time wasn't really something they had, from how he saw it. Granted, it wouldn't stop him from still training up to try and return back to form after something like that.

"Sometimes easing the pain is enough. Just take care to not transfer too much of it to yourself," he warned.

The tea was set down onto the counter for the time being. He furrowed his brow, picturing this accident in his head.

"Your car flipped and you only got away with a dislocated shoulder? Damn, you are one lucky b*****d," he commented. That could have really ended up way worse. It sounded like his car wasn't completely totaled either. Though he was sure it still didn't look pretty.

The detective furrowed his brow as he watched the painter excitedly take a bite of one of the square cookies. Well, he seemed to enjoy it. It seemed like Thorne was some sort of baked goods fiend or something like that.

"I will keep that in mind. Though you do not need to do anything in return. I do not have too much of a sweet tooth, myself."

Elkbones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:12 pm
Thorne smiled as the tea was received, leaning against the counter and warming his hands on his own with a content sigh. He was pleased, his feline expression one of self-contentment.

"I'm sure you could find a way if you wanted, but I would advise against it," Thorne drawled in return, his grin curling in amusement. "And if you get gravely injured, it will be very difficult to drag you out of it."

Thorne shook his head and snorted at the warning, but he merely sighed out afterwards, eyes half-lidded and gentle.

"I know my limits," he said. Which was less of an understanding of what he could take in, and more of the limit of his own tolerance for pain.

At the remark, Thorne laughed. It was a deep and wild sound. He turned his eyes to Shun, biting another corner off of the cookie. It was a systematic destruction, a pre-planned assault.

"Lucky as hell," Thorne replied, "I also got some massive bruises, but thank god I didn't break my arm or leg. I would have been going insane by now." Finishing the cookie with a small amount of flourish, Thorne began another one. There was a lazy smirk on his face as he eyed Shun.

"No? What do you have then, if not a sweet tooth?" He waved the cookie around, grinning. "I'm sure there's some secret craving you've got hidden away somewhere."

Blade Kuroda

moonjavas

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:25 pm
"Yes, well I would prefer to avoid getting gravely injured if possible. These things just... are not so easy to stay away from sometimes. This is some dangerous s**t we have gotten ourselves into, after all."

Shun did get stabbed at the ball, though that wound was thankfully healed up pretty quickly thanks to Algernon knowing what to do with magic on that side. The last time he had attempted to heal himself over there, it only worked partially. It was probably another thing he could stand to work on a bit more. Only thing was that it required injuries to practice on.

He was pretty hardcore in his training, but not so much that he'd purposefully hurt himself for the sake of practicing how to heal properly.

"Breaks would have been nasty for certain. You would be out of commission for awhile..." he murmured. Then, with a tilt of his head, he added, "But you did mention cabin fever. Have you still been staying in regardless?"

He technically could probably go out, as long as he was careful, after all. Or do any real heavy lifting or anything along those lines.

"I enjoy a variety of foods. Savory, perhaps?"

Elkbooooooooones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:47 pm
"No, they're not," Thorne retorted, "God willing, we'll make it out of this alive though, and with as few casualties as possible. Or you'll just start over in the cycle again."

He chewed through another cookie, swallowed, and added, "I would have hated that. You would have been called out here to investigate a murder, only to find me complaining loudly to the walls. I hate staying inside because of injury. The only thing worse is being fussed over like a child, and Mare can do that perfectly when she wants."

His grin was wry at the mention of cabin fever, and he shook his head. "I've been staying inside for awhile because half of my body felt like it had gone through a meet grinder. Not to mention it's ill advised to drive with one hand." He pointed the remains of his cookie at Shun. "And honestly, I really didn't need other people seeing me beat up again. And this time over something entire mundane."

Thorne nodded at the revelation.

"Savory it is," Thorne retorted, smiling. "I'll be sure to surprise you with something nice."

Blade Kuroda

moonjavas

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:57 pm
Shun's expression darkened a bit at the mention of the cycles.

"Except there will be no more cycles. At least there should not be. We may very well be on our last attempt now with the cage breaking," he stated, "Though, if we fail, there is a chance we may be able to re-seal the Enemy and cause the cycles to begin once more. This is meant to be a last resort, however."

He then grunted lowly, "Yes I can understand that well enough. It was bad enough when I had to take a few days off after Blackfriar's. I get too damn restless."

Having someone else constantly fussing over him while he was recovering also sounded like a nightmare. But he just nodded lightly as Thorne explained his reasons for staying inside.

"...And yet here I am seeing you kind of beat up anyway. But you really do not need to give me anything. I mean it."

Elkbones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:26 pm
"Perhaps," Thorne said mildly, "But when have things ever gone as we've planned? Who knows what will happen in this cycle. All I know is that I want it to be the last. I'll do everything I can to make it the last." He shook his head at the comment. "That's not a solution I'd want. But death doesn't necessarily seem to be the answer either. We're still in the dark, even now."

He ate another cookie thoughtfully - for how fit he was, it was incredible the amount of cookies he seemed able to devour when provoked.

"It is an absolute nightmare," Thorne said, "Blackfriars was awful. This is a cake-walk compared, and at least I'm not suffocating beneath the weight of nurses and bandages, but I wouldn't mind if the other side let me heal faster on this side too."

His eyes flicked to Shun, amusement in their depths.

"Well," he drawled, "What are friends for but to be open with?"

Blade Kuroda

moonjavas

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:23 pm
"Nothing ever goes quite as planned. But I feel like this will be the end of the cycle... it is just a matter of whether that will be in our favor or in the Enemy's. Unfortunately, you are right. We are still very much in the dark. I can only hope we will manage to pull through this mess in one piece."

It was hard to say how many of them will really survive until the end. There was bound to be more deaths down the road. It was a matter of how many, and who.

"I can only imagine," he grunted. He personally hated being hospitalized. It was worse than being stuck at home on medical leave, or whatever.

There was a bit of a pause at the next statement.

"I honestly am not the most open of men, if you had not noticed. It tends to be far easier to close everything off instead."

Elkbones

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff