Reply ashdown
[prp] send them off! (jamie/thorne) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:51 pm
Thorne had meant to walk Jamie home for no other reason than he was still sleepless, but instead, he somehow ended up turning a corner with the younger boy, and before he could breathe, think, say wait -

The ground swept away beneath them, and the tunnel roar of Other Ashdown calling to him hit Thorne like a sack of bricks in the second of there and then not there, one side and the next. The rain slapped him in its immediacy, and Thorne threw up his wings in an effort to shield them both from the sudden deluge. It had been raining more and more in Ashdown following the earthquake, but tonight had been the one night where the actual sky had managed to poke through. Thorne didn't mind it - but he could have went one night without getting wet.

Turning back to look at the street behind them, Thorne rumbled a noise of displeasure. Other Ashdown had spat them out at night. In the middle of a deluge. All he wanted was to sleep, but this place constantly seemed to have another plan entirely up its sleeve.

"Well," he said, looking down at Jamie, "That was a change of plans."

( total word count: 1567 203+148+93+164+219+291+225+224+ )

saeduskk
one shitty start for u <3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:29 pm
Walking unknowingly into the Otherworld, as surprising as it may be, was hardly Jamie's most common entrance. Disorienting was an understatement as his stomach flipped like he was walking a rollercoaster and the rain pelted them with no warning beyond the sudden shattering of silence. The sound was like a light switch, he felt the rain on his skin, and then it was gone. Thorne was protecting him.

He hesitated and then, "Now what...?"

It wouldn't be as simple as walking back the way they'd come. No, the dreary streets had swallowed their passageway and left them to find another path out.

At least, if nothing else, Jamie could say the rain didn't bother him. Sure, after a while he'd complain about wet socks, but he'd get over it. Where it should've been cold, the rain to Jamie felt perfectly comfortable; not warm, but nothing he'd catch a chill over.

elkbones

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

moonjavas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:26 pm
The rain was not unwelcome, and Thorne had learned recently to accept it simply for what it was; a part of Other Ashdown just like a limb, a breath it drew and exhaled in time with the worlds turnings. That didn't mean he knew what to do now, how to get back home. He could enter and find entrances with ease - but knowing how to crawl his way back into the real world? That was another effort entirely.

"I'm not sure," Thorne responded, exhaling softly, and turned his eyes on Jamie. "If you trust me, we could fly. It will be faster than wandering around. And Mare might enjoy meeting you. She can be dreadful, but she could help us try and find another way out."

He smiles at Jamie.

"Or I suppose we could have an adventure. We're not getting out the way we came in."

saedusk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:40 pm
No, Thorne hadn't mentioned fly and adventure in the same sentence, but with the way Jamie's brain interpreted it, he might as well have. The cool, hip, happening place to be certainly wasn't the dark, dreary Otherworld, but since they were here they really had no choice aside from navigating it until they found an out. If that were the case, why not take advantage of whatever small chance they had for something other than terror and heartache?

Eyes cautiously alight, he replied, "Could you really carry me...?" Sure, he was short and weighed next to nothing, but the last thing he wanted to do was inconvenience Thorne, even if flying sounded amazing. "That... that could be cool."

For a moment that's all he thought of, what it would be like to fly, but then he recalled the fact that Thorne had mentioned things other than flying. Calm down, Delacroix, get your head in the game. "So, um, who is Mare, though?"

elkbones

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

moonjavas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:16 pm
Thorne laughed, rain sliding between his lips and dripping against his chin. He shook it off and fluttered his wings, sending a spray around them in an arc. Looking at Jamie, he let out a low soft hum and looked around, antlers pulsing through the dusky haze of Other Ashdown and all of its emptiness.

"Of course I can," Thorne remarked, amused, "As long as you don't mind getting a little bit wet."

He paused and looked at Jamie with a soft rumble.

"Mare is my fetch," he said. "Fortunately harmless, unfortunately loud."

saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:32 am
"I don't mind getting wet," came the almost immediate reply. Jamie took to water like a fish, even if it was rain. Could do without the wet socks, but that was honestly his only gripe. If it got bad enough, whatever, he'd just take them off. "I'd really, really like to, um, see what it's like to fly..."

Except, well, his expression did falter at fetch. He could only trust Thorne's judgment insofar as harmless or not was concerned. Still, he knew nobles had fetches, Shiloh had told him that much. It's not like it was actually a surprise.

"If... If you think it's okay, I don't mind meeting her."

elkbones

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

moonjavas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:41 pm
"Alright then," Thorne says, and without any discernible effort, sweeps Jamie into his arms. He does not weigh enough to bother Thorne, and he lowers his wings and feels the gentle deluge of Ashdown brush over him in greeting. He gives an experimental flap with his wings, testing.

"She's harmless," he says, tilting his head down to huff a laugh that tickles some of Jamie's hair. "She is - well, in mind at least - around your age. Maybe younger, even. Here, hold on."

And he adjusts and hums a low reverberating note before taking a few steps -

And then they are airborne, caught on the gentle winds above Other Ashdown, the rain misting their figures, catching on his wings. Thorne curls his body into the motion with ease, gripping Jamie to keep him safe, and heads towards the pinprick brick building on the horizon line -

Coalsmoke, inverted. Coalsmoke from another world entirely, one that does not belong to him.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:37 pm
Nothing Jamie had felt before could properly prepare him for what flying, really flying, was like. He'd been on a plane once, a long time ago he could barely remember, but he knew it hadn't been like this. At first he couldn't manage opening his eyes through the wind and the rain as it pelted his face. What he was aware of was the speed, a pace much faster than walking would've taken them, almost like driving down the highway with the windows open, almost like being on a rollercoaster with his hands held high above his head. It was a chance to experience Other Ashdown in a different light. Finally, after missing so much, Jamie opened his eyes.

His voice caught in his throat, a gasp of air, before he could express to Thorne what he felt. From here he could see the sky and the ground in equality, both small and far from his reach. It was empowering and frightening all in one. It was a lot of things Jamie wasn't sure he could rightfully explain. If nothing else, he could say it was nice and he could mean it. For a moment he relaxed in Thorne's arms and he watched as the outline of Coalsmoke grew larger in the distance.

"I-Is that it?" he shouted, finding his voice over the wind in his face.

Honestly, part of him didn't want to land.

elkbones

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:51 pm
Thorne gave another powerful, shuddering flap, letting his wings snap out and catch on the breeze. It was easier now to control it, half-angled, Jamie in his arms. It was easier because he had practiced so many days and nights with Mare, until it was second nature. Until it was nearly as simple as breathing, as using his arms, his legs, to run and walk and sprint. The air brushed up against him, wet and dewy, and he dipped, folding closer to Jamie to keep him tucked against the safe shelter of his chest.

"A real treasure, isn't it?" Thorne replied with laughter that caught and tangled on the breeze. As they drew close, he pulled up, hovering in the air. The movement itself felt like bobbing in an unseen sea, his wings pumping up and down to keep them balanced as the mist ghosted over them, brushing droplets across the curve of Thorne's face.

He looked down at Jamie, a feral grin on his face, wild with the happiness that came from this unparalleled freedom.

"So?" He asked, "how do you like it? Flying?"

Far below, A figure ghosted out onto the landing of Coalsmoke, an umbrella tilted back to eye the creatures in the sky.

Mare waited for them far below, wonder and curiosity in her eyes.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:50 am
It could've been an effect of flying—no, it was, as on any other night Other Ashdown wouldn't have put him in such a good mood—but Jamie felt lighthearted. In that instant, his worries were as insubstantial as the ground far beneath their feet. He didn't need them, just like in Thorne's arms, held by all the time and effort he put into practice, he didn't need the earth to stand on.

Letting the waves of the night sky soothe him, he decided again it was a shame this had to end.

"It..." and he tried to find the right words for it, but how could he, "It was great." Simple, effective, but hardly a true explanation of what he'd felt. "I, um, if you ever offer rides again-" he laughed and looked so very sheepish.

"I guess... it's kinda like being a hare. Not completely, but kinda." Giving one last look to the sky, closer than he ever remembered but still so far away, he sighed. "I can run a lot faster when I have my... paws, but I... think I'd choose flying over running any day."

elkbones

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:22 pm
Thorne let out a laugh, deep and warm against the night. Here even in the deluge he felt at home, now that he was not some useless chick falling from the next any longer. He looked down at Jamie and smiled, his eyes warm and happier now that he was airborne. Now that the world was beneath them, forgotten for a time.

"I'm glad you enjoy it," Thorne responded, gentle, "The offer is always open, and you're always welcome to it. All you have to do is ask."

He gave another flap and curved, letting them free fall for a surprising second towards Coalsmoke before catching the tresses of the breeze again and gliding down to land with ease on the concrete entrance. Wings folded, he let Jamie down, shaking himself out a little as he did so, much like a dog.

"I'm far more of a target than a hare though," he said with a laugh, and smiled at the other, "But I understand your meaning. If you ever want to go flying again, don't hesitate to ask me. If you're ever a hare too, I can always tuck you into my hood or something."

Mare waggled her fingers at them both, daintily curtsying to Jamie with a pristine smile.

"Good evening, you are both dreadfully wet! Whatever are you doing getting yourself so soaked at this time of night," she asked, fussy and concerned.

Thorne rumbled softly at her.

"Jamie, this is Mare," he said, mildly, "And Mare, please don't terrify anyone tonight."

"I was not planning on it, and it is a pleasure to meet you," Mare said generously, a smile on her pale face. "I imagine you are here so unexpectedly because you want help finding home?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:01 pm
Before Jamie could respond they were falling, tumbling from the world between sky and dirt. It was almost as liberating as flying, the sudden floating of his stomach, the unspoken question of when and where they would stop. The next second it was over, and Jamie laughed because his mood was far too good to be spoiled by the lack of warning.

"Thanks... If you're ever here on the full moon, I'll come visit." And he laughed again. Of course, the moon needn't be full for Jamie to be a hare in the Otherworld, but he assumed that's what most associated them with.

With a small sigh, he balanced himself against the feeling of hard concrete, remembering how to stand. The good mood didn't fade, but his expression, his motion, his everything was hesitant as he looked at Mare. She'd come to greet them looking and acting pleasant, but despite Thorne's vouching for her, Jamie was still unsure how he felt about the fact she was undoubtedly a fetch. In the end, he tried to remind himself that Other Ashdown was hardly black and white. Its stance was entirely grey.

"Um... hello," he responded, short on anything smarter to say. "Nice to meet you. D-Don't worry, I, um, the rain doesn't feel cold to me..." About the only thing that really bothered him were his socks. They were definitely soaked. "That's... kinda it, yeah," he agreed next. He was tired and honestly just wanted to sleep in his own bed sometime tonight.

elkbones

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

moonjavas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 pm
Thorne smiled down at Jamie, happy and wholesome here in the dark and the mist and rain. It was liberating to fly, liberating to be in the air, untouchable. And that Jamie shared that sentiment warmed him considerably, made him bask and bathe in the feeling of freedom, as brief as it was.

"I'll be here if you want company," Thorne said softly, His wings folding over them so that no more rain caught them and soaked them through. He was already planning a shower once he got home. "I've never seen any of the moonwalkers on this side during that time of the month."

Mare gave Jamie a happy smile. She was wraith-like and skinny, no older than him, her scarf delicately wound around the top of her head. She picked at the edge of her sundress and let it fall as she curtsied.

"That is very well, I only hope neither of you catch anything dreadful, I would not like to have to fuss over you for days and the Lord Alexander is very loud in his - " she wanted very obviously to say whining, but paused and continued slowly with, "criticisms of the self and others in bad health."

She reached out a hand for him to take.

"Here," she said sweetly, gently, "I will help you find your way home."

saedusk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:30 pm
"The Lord Alexander..." Jamie whispered, toying with how strange the name and title felt on his tongue. It was something he'd never call Thorne, nor Shiloh for that matter, and it even felt strange to hear it from a fetch's mouth. Maybe that was simply because his only experience was with Beel. In the time he'd known him, he'd hardly been soft or respectful or kind.

Looking back up to Thorne, he smiled a touch crookedly and asked, "Is she saying you're a baby about being sick?" The smile grew. If it were anyone he felt even an ounce less comfortable with, he wouldn't have joked.

The humor was good for Jamie, though, it was settling, comforting. As he turned back to Mare he still looked vaguely dubious, but he had it in him to give her a chance. She was far from hostile, at least outwardly, and Thorne seemed to trust her so... Chewing at his bottom lip, Jamie finally gave in.

"Thank you..." as he reached for her hand his voice was barely above a mutter. There was hesitation, but he set his small, pale hand in hers. It seemed to fit surprisingly well.

elkbones

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

moonjavas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:15 pm
"I've tried very hard to get her to call me Thorne," The lord replied sullenly, "I even told her she could call me Alexander. It just doesn't work." His cheeks were a ruddy red color, as though this were an embarrassing topic for him in front of others.

He snorted a little bit though, grinning down at Jamie, all tooth and wild amusement.

"Oh, one hundred percent," he retorted with a melodramatic sigh, "I'm a complete baby about being sick. You would lose all respect for me in a heartbeat if you could see it." Thorne flapped his wings to enunciate this point and chuckled a little bit, smiling at Jamie in the half-light.

Mare herself gave Jamie's hand a gentle squeeze with her bony hands, and smiled. She was happiest when interwoven with someone else in some way.

"Come now," she said happily, "We will find you a way home so that you may have a hot bath and a good nights sleep, and then once you are returned here some day you can tell me a story, or we may go on a walk. Whichever you might prefer."

"Mare, it's rude to impose," Thorne said.

The fetch puffed a little bit.

"It is not rude to wish for company sometimes," she said, "And God knows you are not always the best yourself."

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces