Gloom got around apparently. Sort of like an Other Ashdown welcoming committee except one that was misleading because Gloom was nice and friendly and could be approached. Most other Other Ashdown residents were probably more likely going to try and kill you or get something from you.
"He is. For all his kindness," Marcus wasn't sure if it was kindness or well, general friendliness, "He's is a bit naive of how things work here? Human customs seem to be lost with him at times. The shadows mean well though." Opening his mouth, Marcus shut it before he finished his train of thought on the matter.
"Well that is not something I ever thought I would say. Shadows meaning well."

"Her name.. Is Wis?" Blue eyes blinked before he looked up again, wondering if this mystery person would appear from the air. When they did not manifest immediately the gaze drifted back down to Chris, curious and patient. Wisteria. A nice name, also a very pleasantly smelling flower. The ladies at the office liked them and would sometimes scent the room with a diffuser holding the floral aroma.

"She's got a lovely name. But doesn't look like she's here I-" The fog suddenly seemed thicker. Denser and heavier, like that small time before sunrise yet the sky was a soft grey of light before it came over the horizon. Had that been from calling out? Maybe. A step forward into the intersection and he felt that feeling he had last time. The pricking sensation at the back of his neck just before he landed himself on the other side.

Quickly taking a step back Marcus shook his head and brought his hands up warming them in the now cool air. A puff of fine mist flouting around his face for a brief second.
"Think we found your door. Also think I might be intruding." Chris had come looking for someone, Marcus has just been looking. "I can go with if you want so you're not alone, but, you said you had a personal reason. I won't intrude." It was an offer, but a sensible one. The other side might be safe, might not be. They'd not know until they were completely crossed over.

"If anything now I know a place. Lets see-" Paper notebook out, the street names jolted down. Something to tell Mercer.

"Think you'll be okay?" On your own went unsaid.

PeanutButterpies

[wct:2965]