[PRP] Like... Y'know, Nyah (Mercer & Preacher) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:21 pm
Preacher had not even had to ask very hard for Mercer's address. Some lady in HR, doubtless unthinking, doubtless violating some kind of company rule, had blabbed it out easily enough. It had just taken mention of Preacher needing to FedEx something or other urgent and work-related. She probably could have used the get well gift gimmick, too. She had shown up with a gift, of course, because that's what adults did. She read that somewhere.

Taking a moment to crack her neck, she looked at the house. Very standard. Domestic. She knocked, then folded up her umbrella.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:54 am
The Mercer household was a large, two story house with a garden (that was quite ridiculous and large and clearly well taken care of, as well as went around the house to the backyard) and a veranda that wrapped around the front and side heading towards the backyard.

There was a porch swing with cushions to the right of the door, as well as a place that had what obviously were cat cushions. Except that there was spongy flowery moss and twining flowery vines growing on them and nowhere else.

It was likely either exactly what Preacher would have expected of his home or the complete opposite. Either way it was a sight to behold. There was only a moment before the door was answered, Jeremiah tugging it open with a towel thrown across his shoulder. His cheek had a smudge of what looked like flour on it that he rubbed off with the towel.

"Preacher," he greeted, "I see you found my address." He was clearly amused, the door pulled open more for her to come in. Shoes were meant to be taken off at the door, if the pairs that were there said anything. There were noticeably two different sizes of shoes and next to them was a chair that had a couple jackets, again one in a size that might have fit Jeremiah but the shoulders were far broader and would hang on him.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:38 am
"Wasn't hard." She lifted one shoulder in a half shrug. Preacher had even briefly debated tailing him home one day, but she was never particularly suited for stealth. "I hope I'm not come at a s**t time? Were you busy?"

Still, she followed him in, stowing her umbrella near the door and shucking off her shoes. Barefoot felt better anyway. "Oh, I brought stuff." She thrust a plastic bag at Mercer. Inside of it was one large, perfectly ripe mango and a bag of cat treats. 'Pure freeze-dried chicken breast' they read.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:00 pm
Tailing him would have gone very, very poorly.

"I'm getting things ready for dinner but I've got a little bit because Alg gets home." Jeremiah tilted his head for her to follow him to the kitchen. They were going through a hallway, one that had an open archway that lead to what was obviously a living room with a couch, chairs, and a grand piano. There were floor to ceiling bookshelves that were entirely full as well a bay window that, once again, had things in it for cats.

He blinked as he took the bag, looking over the mango and then the cat treats. They actually pulled out and very critically eyed because he was particular about what treats the cats got (because he made them himself).

"Thank you, Preacher," he told her kindly, continuing to the end of the hallway and coming to what was a ridiculously nice and well-equipped kitchen. There was an island in the center of it, stools around it, and sitting patiently on one of them was a particularly small white cat with a mohawk of vines and pink flowering buds.

She was totally getting the cat-once over.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:45 pm
"Whoa, you got nice digs, Mercer. Anything fall off in that weird-a** earthquake?" One of her fosterers had had a big bay window like that and she'd often curled up next to it when she wasn't out causing trouble. Eventually, being out had been better than even the window. No one wanted a foster kid when a new baby was suddenly on the way.

She blinked, and looked past the window, catching sight of the cat. It was... utterly gorgeous. "Oh, oh," she breathed out softly. And the cat could have been hideous and her reaction would have been the same. Slowly, she moved towards the stool and extended out her fingers for a sniff.

azuredreams
in case you were curious about the cat treats haha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 pm
"Books mostly." Jeremiah replied, glancing behind himself at Preacher. "You want something to drink?" There was an amused smile. "Coffee isn't an option is this household."

Hellbine, of course, was sniffing at Preacher's fingers quite daintily.

"Don't encourage him," he said, going to set the things she had brought down, "he thinks he is a princess." Which got a rather prompt seemingly affronted meow. Not that Hellbine wasn't already very, very gently reaching out with a small paw to catch one of Preacher's fingers and bring it forward for a chin scritch.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:26 am
"Uh, no I'm good." For some reason, she felt wary accepting gifts in his household. Baked goods at the station was one thing. "Whatcha makin'?" Although she spoke to Mercer, all eyes were on Hellbine.

"He is a princess." Preacher's face broke into a grin as the cat hooked one of her fingers. "Yesssss. Aren't you adorable? Aren't you the very best cat ever?" She scritched his chin dutifully and reached up to gently touch a bit of the cat's flora.

"You know, I thought you were pulling my leg about the flower bits. Ya got him as a kitten but like, is rainy Ashdown full of these cats? I need to get one - like not necessarily this kind, y'know. Just a cat. Any cat." She sighed wistfully.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:08 am
"I just finished making some fresh loaves of bread." Which were currently in the over and baking. "Those go with the chicken parmesan that is for dinner."

... that he would probably start making in a little bit but Preacher was here and that's where his focus was.

Hellbine meanwhile was preening. Anyone who acknowledged his princess status was wonderful. The chin scritches got a purr, his head tilting towards her. It made it easier for her to touch the vines on his head. The vines felt like vines but the pink flowers were soft to the touch and as long as she did not push at them or pinch he seemed to not mind it at all and was still purring.

"I don't know that it's full of these cats but they are something of a feature. There's a stray one that roams around the town. Lurks in shadows, has flowers in his chest that make it look like a beard or a mane off of a lion." Jeremiah shook his head in amusement, mostly at Preacher's reaction. He gave her a look. "... and you've known me how long? You'd think you'd be aware that pulling your leg is the last thing I would do. Hellbine there can also grow flowers and the like."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:22 pm
"s**t, you are the most domestic ever. I don't mean that inna bad way, okay?" She looked over at him. He'd make an excellent stay-at-home housewife if he wasn't already a detective. "If you need to start on it, go 'head. I'll make sure I'm gone afore it's done."

She half-shrugged at his comment about knowing him long. She didn't trust anyone just telling her things - or she tried not to. It was safer. She wasn't sure about the other stuff he'd told her either, despite some of it being corroborated by others. Preacher needed to see s**t for herself. Her fingers stayed busy in Hellbine's fur.

"Some months, I dunno." Was all she said on that subject. "I want a cat. A cool s**t cat would be a bonus, yeah?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:30 pm
Jeremiah laughed - an actual warm, charming laugh - and smiled at Preacher. "I don't remotely take that as an insult. It's my favorite thing to cook for my husband." Bright blue-green eyes glinted as they looked at her. "... and you're more than welcome to stay for dinner if you wanted, though I'll be bringing some of it with me tomorrow for lunch."

Which he shared with her sometimes.

Hellbine was pawing at Preacher's hand, trying to pull it down in front of him. It was still gentle, no claws involved.

"I'm not exactly sure how Hellbine happened, though I assume it is because his mother was touched by the other side." His lips twitched in amusement. "You could always hope that one day you'll be able to cross over and find yourself a cat there."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:27 pm
"Sorry, can't stay, though I 'preciate the offer. I got some things to do." Things like not be around the very picture of domestic wedded bliss. It made her intensely uncomfortable. Plus, it was one thing to accept bits of lunch and an entirely whole 'nother to stay for dinner. So, soon she'd slink off back to her tent and get comfy.

Preacher let her hand be pulled down by the cat. She was a sucker for them. Hellbine could hook his claws into her hand and she would still be thrilled. "Touched by the other side? Like he's a cross breed or somethin'?" She eyed the cat, waiting for his mouth to yawn open into impossible teeth or something. "I don't think having to take a buncha trips to rainy junk land for a cat is good. I'd go once, though."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:48 am
"Mmm, something like that. It means he's got the magic of the other side in him, more so than other cats. Cats actually can get over there though it isn't easy for them to do so unless they're from there." Jeremiah was pulling things out to start cooking dinner.

"Might as well ask him for a flower or something, he's clearly trying to get you one before you leave." A hand flicked towards the small cat who was very intently rubbing at Preacher's hand before he was attempting to groom her.

Just a little.

Not everyone liked sandpaper tongues.

His teeth were entirely normal (it was the collar area that wasn't).

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:07 am
Preacher hmmed noncommittally, the glanced over at Mercer. "Wait, wouldn't like... taking a flower hurt?" She squeaked when Hellbine licked her - it kind of tickled, in a weird way. ********, she needed a cat. ********, she needed to leave soon, too. Her fingers hovered around his flowers, petting the little petals even as her own hand was becoming the cleanest hand in the universe.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:30 am
"Well, taking one from him directly would." Jeremiah's lips twitched. "I meant ask him to grow you one."

Why yes, Hellbine was looking at her expectantly because he understood every word she said.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:43 am
"Oh." Her face felt a little hot. "Hellbine, can ya grow me a flower?" she said, gruffly. Preacher felt a weird combination of silly and foolish and it showed in the way her body tensed up.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces