bonus powers

Have spare RPs? Turn them into cash! And by cash, I mean powers, and by powers I mean bonus powers!

You know 'em, you love 'em, but there's a few changes in this here thread. From now on, bonus powers must be minor powers or minor upgrades to existing powers. This is the ideal place to get that 'easy entrance to OAD' power or the ability to whisper a cat into loving you--if you want to become the Avatar, you need to do that through your full upgrades or a quest designed for it! You cannot gain an affinity to a class of othercreatures without doing a quest about it. Remember that even if you don't have this power in Ashdown, you can still use it in your other ashdown roleplays. Because all the other ashdown magic use requires is that you believe in it! The mechanics behind how magic filters through to Ashdown are a little more esoteric... >:3

Need an example? I got twenty! (No, I don't.)

Too extreme: Mary Jane can lift and throw multiple items (up to 10 pounds) using only her mind. She can make these items dance intricately with each other.

This power has three distinct parts:
1. Mary Jane can lift multiple items up to ten pounds using only her mind.
2. Mary Jane can throw multiple items up to ten pounds using only her mind.
3. Mary Jane has fine control over the items she can lift with her mind.

A minor power should only have one part. So, you can take the first part: Mary Jane can lift items, but only lift them, and likely not very far. Or the second part: Mary Jane can "throw" things, hurling them across the room. Or the third part, and restrict it to one item at a time: Mary Jane can handle a single small item with delicacy and finesse.

Now, we're also overhauling reqs. While you will be subject to the above requirements no matter what, players who received their character before September 19 2016 have to opt in to the new requirements. Opting in will net you a free meta roll. See the next post for a list of characters eligible for this bonus!

The new requirements look like this:

Your first bonus power is five RPs of 500 words each. From there, you must add two RPs to your requirements for each bonus power you have: so your second bonus power is 7 RPs, your third is 9, your fourth is 11. I'm sure you can figure the rest out from there. smile