Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:16 pm
Sherpuff

User Image

Things were quite clear to him now. His mate had come out and stated that she wanted another litter of cubs. He wouldn't mind another himself, with maybe one or two males. His last litter of seven had been all girls. All wonderfully adorable girls, but a man liked a boy or two. She also had an apprentice in her healing. Which meant herbs all over the place. He didn't mind the nice smelling ones so much as the pungent ones.

Desher was also aware of the mischief young cubs could get into. He wanted her herbs safely away from their cubs. Which was why he found himself out and about this day. He planned to surprise his mate and her apprentice with a new cave where they could herb to their hearts content. The problem was finding one suitable enough. He'd been prowling around the dens area and asking those he saw if they were selling a cave or willing to trade or knew of someone who was.

His other problem was how was he going to pay for it. It had been mulling in the back of his mind. As he was new come, he didn't have much in the way of possessions. He hoped whoever he found would let him work it off slowly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:27 pm
User Image Kuambukiza sighed contentedly as he gazed around at his current shelter. He had found this decently sized cave during a recent storm and it was both snug and comfortable. He'd been quite surprised to find it unoccupied, though it had clearly been inhabited at some point or another.

He didn't plan to stay for very long. It wasn't safe. At some point or another, he would run into others that lived nearby and he would have to leave. At best, he would be ignored or politely asked to leave. At worst, he would be chased away. He didn't mind. Not really. Kuambu understood that they did it out of fear. His appearance was unpleasant for others and he made them worried that he would get them sick. Certainly his parents had thought so and they had left him along because of it. Kuambu didn't feel sick of course, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

He would enjoy the cave for as long as he could. It was nice and dark near the back, and the ceiling was high enough that he didn't have to work too hard to get his large frame through. It was a good place to hide, though for now, he needed to hunt. He cautiously made his way to the front of the cave and hoped that there was no one else nearby.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Sherpuff

He decided to stroll around and see if he could find any caves not in use. There was a surprising number, but none seemed to be ideal for what he wanted. Some were too small, others too big, and some had leaky roofs. Desher gave a sigh. In a place filled with caves, how could this be so hard?! He realized it was because all the good caves were probably already taken. Despite that, he wasn't going to give up. The male had decided he wouldn't help Lani have cubs until she had a separate place for her herbs.

As he walked down the beach, occasionally poking his head into what he hoped were empty caves, he spotted a green lion emerge from one. The male's green hide had an interesting color, but Desher was focused on his mission. "Hello!" he called and waved to announce his presence. "Do you have a moment to talk?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:00 pm
magnadearel

At the sound of a voice, Kuambu froze, his large frame shuddering with the effort of not bolting. The voice sounds friendly, he thought to himself. And it did. It wasn't a shout of revulsion or of fear. Of course, that could always come later. He cautiously turned and noticed another lion with beautiful brown markings approaching. How wonderful it would be to look like that, thought Kuambu wistfully.

He shook his mind out of his jealous thoughts and focused on the task at hand. The other lion had asked him something. He needed to respond.

"Uh, who me?" he asked, rather unintelligently. "That is to say, er, yes, I have a moment to talk."

Best to be cautious and careful. But not unfriendly. Kaumbu belatedly smiled and hoped the other lion wouldn't run away.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:44 pm
Sherpuff

He was rather surprised by the other's initial response as they were the only two he could see. Desher relaxed as the other agreed he had time to talk. "That's great!" He replied as he stepped up. "I need some help you see. Do you or anyone you know happen to have a spare or free cave? I've been looking all over for one that will be perfect for my mate's herbs. She's a healer you see, but she also wants cubs."

Probably a bit much for this guy, but might as well give him the whole story. "I want her to have a separate place for her herbs and her apprentice before we have cubs. I intend to surprise her with it. Oh, I'm Desher by the way."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:09 pm
magnadearel

Kuambukiza blinked a few times, his brain racing to keep up with the conversation. He didn't often talk to others, though he would talk aloud to himself to keep from getting lonely. He was startled more by Desher's lack of hostility than anything else. It was very rare indeed for Kuambu to meet someone who didn't comment on his appearance. He was rather nonplussed and pleased.

"Oh, a cave! I know a cave!" He said hurriedly can eager to please. He spared not a thought for the fact that he would have to find another shelter. This lion was talking to him and needed help. For once, Kuambu could help someone! He was almost giddy with happiness.

Kuambu immediately spun back towards the cave, occasionally glancing over his shoulder to see if Desher would follow.

"I just found this one! It is really nice," he gushed.

His conscious tugged at his mind. He was forgetting something. Oh right, he needed to introduce himself.

"Kuambu. That's my name. Er, actually it is Kuambukiza, but I like Kuambu better. That is what I would want friends to call me" he finished, sounding a bit uncertain.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:04 pm
Sherpuff

Desher had been pretty discouraged with the more caves he looked at and still nothing. At most he had hoped that this lion could point him in a semi correct direction. The longer he put off with Lani, the more suspicious he was sure she'd become. However, it seemed luck or the sea had finally decided to smile upon him.

His ears perked up immediately when the lion said he knew a cave. That was even better than him knowing a lion who had a cave. Without hesitation Desher followed the male toward the cave he'd seen him come out of. A quiet unease filled his stomach. Didn't this lion live here?

"Is this where you live? I wouldn't want to just take it from you. I don't have much yet, but if you're willing and the cave suits for me, I'd be willing to pay it off." That was the other stickler. Some expected payments right up front, which of course he didn't have. The cave still had to meet his requirements too.

"Nice to meet you Kuambu! I appreciate you willing to show me your cave." Desher smiled as the lion seemed uncertain.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:22 pm
magnadearel

Kuambu was not very good at hiding the fact that he was very confused. The idea that this nice lion Desher wanted to pay him for the cave seemed very strange to him. After all, Kuambu had just found it. That didn't make it his. I guess that doesn't really make it mine to give away either...he considered uneasily. But still, it clearly didn't have any current occupants and Kuambu would have to move on soon anyways. There was no reason not to let Desher have the cave. Kuambu would just move on sooner than he planned. Nothing he wasn't used to.

"Oh, but that's okay. You said you want it for your mate and cubs! How exciting!" said Kuambu with a smile.

Kuambu loved cubs. They were always so exuberant and full of energy. They were usually pretty nice too. It was generally the adults who found his appearance so fearful and concerning.

Turning his mind back to the task at hand, Kuambukiza paced around the cave, eagerly pointing out all of the best features to Desher.

"I think it would be perfect for your purposes! It is a really nice cave. It should be yours. I can always find another," he added with a shrug. After all, this cave wasn't home. He was still searching for a home. Some place that no one would mind his appearance. A place where they could tell him if he really was sick or not. That was his dream.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:00 pm
Sherpuff

It was clear he'd confused Kuambu, but he wasn't sure how. "Well for my mate, to keep any cubs we have away from her herbs. Some can be dangerous."

"Surely there's something I can do for you?" Desher insisted. "I don't want it to appear I've kicked you out of here." He had no idea what to off this lion in return for his generosity. Kuambu could have easily told him to move along.

He followed the green male around the cave, noting the features pointed out. Each one making it more and more perfect for Lani and her apprentice to use. "I hope you'll visit us some time though. Once Lani explores it I'm sure she'll want to thank you as well. If there's anything I can do for you, let me know."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:08 pm
magnadearel

Kuambu was thrilled! Not only was Desher pleased with the cave, he was inviting him back. And to meet his family too. There wasn't anything that he could have offered that would have pleased Kuambu more. Really there wasn't anything he needed except a place to belong.

"I suppose, could you perhaps point me in the direction of any prides nearby?" he asked shyly. "I .... have been looking for a place to call home." It was a difficult thing to say. Kuambu wasn't used to opening up to strangers. Or talking to them at all really. But somewhere there had to be a place where he belonged. He knew it in his bones. Once he had found his place, he could come back and visit. He'd be able to assure him once and for all that he wasn't sick. Hopefully he wouldn't scare the cubs or Desher's mate.

Maybe one day he'd find a mate of his own.

Foolish, he thought to himself, not for the first time. There isn't a female out there who would look twice at you, other than to run away, whispered an ugly voice in his head. It was an echo, a memory, something his father and mother and brother had told him before they had left him behind.

He shook those thoughts away. No use dwelling on them!

"Of course I would love to come back and visit," he assured the other lion. Kuambu was so very eager to please. "And how excellent that this cave could be so perfect for such a use. It was like it was made for it," he said with a smile.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:27 pm
Sherpuff
Wanna wrap this up?

Desher was surprised Kuambu wasn't aware of the Bahari so close when he was living in this cave nearby. Surely someone would have encountered him. He almost wanted to laugh when he realized that that someone was him. "In fact I can. My mate and I just recently joined the Bahari. You could see if they suited you. I understand that feeling. Our pride vanished and a new one was moving in."

"Excellent! Lani would be happy to meet the lion who found her this cave I'm sure. Indeed! I never would have found it if not for you. I'm heading back now, if you'd care to come with? I can show you around a bit and see if the pride interests you." Desher didn't know if the Bahari would suit Kuambu, but they wouldn't know until he learned about them. It'd make him feel better having someone who was also new the pride to commiserate with.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:28 pm
magnadearel
Totally!

Kuambu felt warring emotions of pleasure and fear. He was so happy to have made a new acquaintance and one who wanted to see him again! But he was fearful of following Desher back to his pride. Fearful to run into others and to see the common reactions of distaste and disgust on others. Desher seemed to be an exception.

"I'm not sure," he said, hesitantly, "But I guess that could be okay. I didn't realize there was a pride living so close."

Certainly he could at least learn a little about the pride and go from there.

"I could definitely walk with you for a bit, if you wouldn't mind telling me a little bit about your new home?" he asked, shyly. After all, Kuambu didn't know anyone else and who better to ask about a pride than a recent member and a friendly one at that.

Maybe this Bahari pride could be the home that he was searching for. Even if it wasn't, at least Kuambu had made an acquaintance that he could, maybe someday, call a friend.

"I will follow you!"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:45 pm
Sherpuff
Fin! Feel free to hit me up for more rps! Also, Desher's mate Lani is a healer. She'd be able to put his mind at ease as far as his concern about infection goes. wink

Desher grinned reassuringly, mistaking his hesitation. "Don't worry! They are very friendly." He turned back home to begin making preparations. "I know right? I guess it's the sound of the waves hiding all the noise."

"Excellent! Here's what I know so far....." Desher talked animatedly as the pair headed back. The male was happy to share his new minimal knowledge with someone newer than him.

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games