azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:07 pm
It was mostly just to touch base now that he was back from England. Jeremiah had not necessarily enjoyed coming back (being suddenly whammied with magic again certainly had not been fun) but he was glad to be back all the same.

As much as he was not quite sure about some things, Ashdown had been his home for the better part of twenty years.

Which of course meant that once he was back, he was back he was giving Kuroda a call. Jeremiah needed to stretch things out again, muscles included, and he knew the young sergeant worked out.

In workout clothes, an old department shirt and long pants, he was waiting outside the Strongman Gym (his preferred gym to the place on frat row because no). After all this would serve multiple purposes, he could get a workout and share a couple new pieces of information.

5lade Kuroda
lol, set after he got back from england but before the knowledge whammy. no, really, this entire RP may just be for the LULz. WHO KNOWS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:05 pm
When Shun first got the call from Mercer, he thought something might be up. Thankfully, this was not the case. The older detective invited him to workout together. As unexpected as that was, it was an invite he readily accepted.

He made his way to the gym before too long, giving Jeremiah a curt nod once he spotted the man outside of the building.

"How was the trip?" he asked once he approached.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:44 am
"It was good," Jeremiah replied easily enough. There was a workout bag over his shoulder that he would be stuffing in his locker here. His head tilted towards the door to head in.

"However, I will advise you that apparently if you leave and stay out of Ashdown for an extended period of time, your abilities fade." The door was pulled open, the taller detective letting Shun head in first. "Which is to say that hitting the city limits was not an enjoyable experience."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:25 am
Shun tilted his head curiously. He didn't have that many abilities that he was aware of, so he wasn't sure if that would affect him too much. The older detective had a lot more exposure to Other Ashdown and magic than he, however.

"Good to know. Does that mean your back was also better during that time?" he asked as he headed on in, giving Jeremiah a light nod of thanks for grabbing the door. He had a few things of his own he needed to stow away in the locker room.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:19 pm
The top of said scar was just barely visible above his collar at his back, along his spine. It should have looked like a normal burn scar but instead the skin looked tinged a frosty blue and it disappeared under the shirt. Jeremiah rolled his shoulders, rubbed at the side of his neck for a moment and nodded curtly.

"Entirely normal, yes. No chill, no pain, nothing." Even the blue hue to the skin had seemed to disappeared.

The gym was peppered with people throughout and had a wide selection of equipment to choose from. The owners, it appeared, were currently standing at the counter and talking with someone. Jeremiah raised a hand in greeting before he tilted his head towards the locker room. "It's not truly a concern for some but it could be detrimental to others."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:01 pm
That was a silver lining to that, then. But as Jeremiah mentioned, he supposed that some who were more in tuned with their abilities, or even relied on them to some extent. Things wouldn't be too different for himself in particular.

"I see. That does really make me wonder just what it is about this town to be able to have this sort of... quality."

He shook his head, then followed the other detective towards the locker room so he could put some stuff away and whatnot.

"Well. Nothing really happened while you were gone. So there is that."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:26 pm
"Probably because the town is the cage," Jeremiah replied, "or so it seems. Though ..." The older detective shook his head, palming the combination lock on the locker and tilting his head towards the one next to him.

"That one is empty if you want to use it." Inside the locker itself was a combination lock, if Shun wanted to use it, as well as a note that said what the combination was.

"Mind starting with a jog? After all the sitting I've had to do with the flights, I'd prefer to stretch my legs out that way first."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:57 pm
Shun just gave a nod, then took the locker next to Jeremiah's. He stowed his belongings away, and made sure the lock was secured before he started to head out of the locker room.

"I am perfectly fine with jogging. The outdoor track, then?" he asked. It was a bit bigger, and the scenery was a bit less dull out there.

"I would, however, like to use the parkour course they just opened up later on, if you would be up for that."

Though, that begged the question of whether the older detective could do that sort of thing.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:06 pm
"Outdoor one is fine," Jeremiah left his bag in there, closed the locker and spun the lock before he was heading out.

"Oh? They got it set up?" It was something that had been advertised but he was not sure it had been set up. "Wouldn't mind giving it a go." His lips twitched in amusement. Mostly because he was old but he wasn't that old. "There isn't always a lot of opportunity for that kind of thing here in Ashdown."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:16 pm
"I heard it was. It was supposed to be up around now, anyway."

It was something he was incredibly interested it, so he had been keeping tabs on its progress.

"I know. I have been seeking them out since arriving to this town, but there really are not many good locations for that sort of thing."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 pm
"You have to go to Boston if you really want to let loose," Jeremiah said while he was rotating his head around, shoulders rolling a moment later. The pain that had blossomed when he had arrived back in town still lingered and not quite gotten back to the level he was used to.

The outside track was through the back, out a pair of double glass doors, and provided a good amount of scenery to enjoy. With the warmer weather it was pleasant enough.

"There's a gym on frat row that tried something out but-" Jeremiah paused beside the path to stretch, a hand flicking in annoyance at the mention of frat row. "That's if you can stomach the crowd."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:26 pm
"I figured as such."

While they were walking, he was doing some light stretches along the way.

"Bunch of fratboys, I take it?" he grunted. Yeah, that did not sound ideal in the very least. He had mostly kept to this gym due to the fact that it was closer.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:49 pm
"Fratboys and a Subway nearby that smells like spoiled mayonnaise." Jeremiah said with a roll of his eyes. "Never mind that there's a lot of posturing and who has time to deal with that when you just want to work out and not deal with idiots."

There was some level of eagerness to start to jog after he finished stretching. Mostly because of what Alg had discovered in his book earlier in the week but-

Jeremiah would find out if it was true or not.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:30 am
A low grunt escaped him, "Not dealing with idiots is always the preferred way to go. Dealing with fratboys is bad enough when looking into some of the stupid s**t they have pulled."

Once he had finished his own stretches, he looked over to see if Jeremiah had finished doing the same, then stepped foot onto the track. He didn't really waste much time before beginning to jog lightly. There wasn't any need to start pushing himself right off the bat, since this was basically the warm up.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm
"Should've seen the stunt they pulled a few years back on spring break," there was a roll of Jeremiah's eyes. "Let's just say it involved trying to literally paint the town red," he said dryly.

The older detective was done stretching and started to jog. For the moment he was just keeping a light pace, keeping even with Shun.

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces