Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:09 pm
    environmental & object effects.

Your Visitor or Civilian can cash in roleplay points to gain Environmental or Object effects.

These are not to be confused with powers! These effects only apply to a specific object or area within regular Ashdown. These places and things seemed of have absorbed some of the unique residual energy of the town and now have unique benefits. Be specific about your objects and areas!

The ‘effects’ than can be gained should be more along the line of enhancements. The objects cannot miraculously do magic or create things outside their already existing sphere of operation. Your character will not become a wizard by owning an object with an effect.

environmental effect - this is an effect that applies to an area of your choosing that belongs to your character. This can be their living space, car or workspace and cannot extend past their personal property. You can only claim effects for businesses you personally have created/listed in the town Guidebook and if they are a public space or government institution it is up to GM discretion.

Environments may gain up to 4 effects.
        • 10 rp points for first effect
        • 15 rp points for effect 2 & 3 each
        • 20 rp points for 4th effect

object effect - This is an effect on an object that your character owns or keeps in their possession. The effect applies to the object only, not to your character. This can also count towards a pair or set of objects at mod discretion.
        Ex: a set of rings (or any jewelry boxed in a set together), a tea set, a shaving kit, set of paintbrushes - the larger the set the less likely to be approved, or if something is clearly not MATCHING. Something like a furniture set would be too large and too many pieces. This also does not apply to collections.

Objects may have only 1 effect each
              • 10 rp points for an object effect

addendum - Objects attained through special personal plots or quests can have more than one effect. These objects must be discussed before posting, require 15 RP points, and are limited to having two effects only.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:17 pm
    examples of environmental power.

Tune-In - The televisions in Darlene’s seem to get every channel from anywhere in the world in perfect picture and sound. This amazingly doesn’t affect the cable bill.

Mood Lighting - The lighting in your home is always just the right level, never too dim or too bright.

Greenhouse - Plants within your home never wilt or die. They may not bloom if not watered and fed properly, but they will always remain green.

Clean Seat - The upholstery and interior in your car seems to repel all sorts of liquid and grime. No chance of stains!

Potpourri - The bathroom in your house smells like the flower blend of your choice which in turn pleasantly overwhelms any bad smells within!

examples of object effects.

Tick-Tock - This character’s watch is never needs to be adjusted for time. It always runs perfectly and seems to even keep itself to daylight savings.

No Smashy - Your character’s regular pair of glasses cannot be destroyed or broken.

Perfect Pot - Your specific coffee maker makes a perfect pot of coffee everytime.

4 Bars - Your cell phone always has perfect service.

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:35 pm
    frequently asked questions.

I only have a civilian!
      These effects are available to everyone! As the powers of OAD seep in, even civilians aren’t immune to the weird. May as well use those hard earned points to your benefit!

My civilian has been played but doesn’t have a journal…
      You need a journal for this. Please make one, compile all your completed RP’s, and once your effect is granted- detail clearly therein. When dealing with RP rewards, we need to see the evidence of RP!

How are these different from Visitor powers?
      Visitors have powers that revolve around themselves specifically. These effect the things around them, whether theirs or someone elses. These effects are much more specific and limited and remain in effect regardless of your character being present.

Can I make my house immune to effects of other ashdown?
      Should the game meta dictate, you are never safe. Sorry.

So enhanced objects can be broken or lost?
      Yes. You are giving the effects to the object so unless your power dictates, that object can be damaged, broken or lost. In the same vein, an enhanced object may be gifted to a friend through RP.

So if I enhance my living space and then move away?
      The location is enhanced. Not you! The apartment or home would retain the effect for the next resident. You do not take it with you. If something drastic happens like a house burning down and being rebuilt, please hit up a mod for discussion.

What do you mean they can’t gain effects outside of their normal sphere of operation?
      A watch can’t shoot water out of it. Glasses can’t shoot lazer beams. You won’t gain psychic powers from wearing a certain hat. Though maybe you want your work uniform to smell like flowers all the time? That’s fine. Maybe now your favorite hat brim won’t bend. Maybe your glasses are completely fog resistant and water repellent without paying for that expensive coating at the eye doctor.

My character owns a business and a home. Can I get effects for both?
      So long as you have the RP points, yes you may.

You said workspace but my character works in City Hall, Rider-Waite, Ashdown PD, etc. Can I effect those places?
      No. You may only effect personally owned businesses. Environments are specified to only extend to personal property.

My character lives in an apartment building. Can I effect the entire building?
      Your character's 'personal space' extends only within the realm of their own apartment. Effects in the whole building would impose things onto other players that they may not agree to. Same with an office building of any kind. Your character can only affect their own office.

My character lives with another person. Can they both get 4 effects per location?
      No. The effects apply to the location only and 4 effects per location.

My character lives with another person, can we split the RP point claim?
      Not on the claiming of a single effect. But player 1 may claim effect 1, and player 2 may claim effect 2 for that location.

Can I claim an effect exclusively?
      No. Just like all powers and effects in Ashdown, there is no exclusivity.

Can I claim an effect that may not be beneficial, but in fact a hindrance to my character?
      Yeah, sure. If that’s what you want. The effect isn’t going anywhere once you claim it. So if you decide you always want your house to be cold- that's how it is.

Is there a limit to how many objects with effects I own?
      No.

I got a magical item from a quest, can I add an effect to that?
      No. As of now, quest rewards cannot be enhanced.

My effect request was denied!
      If an effect isn’t quite acceptable, is over powered, or may be too detrimental to play any mod is within their rights to let you know!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:43 pm
Please post the form below to claim effects.
You may claim more than one power at once. Please properly link and mark the RPs you are using to claim. They may not be used for growths, art or other power gains.

[b]I’M FEELING VERY EFFECTED[/b]
[b]What I want:[/b] [i]Environmental or Object Effect. If an environment, clearly state if this is an additional effect.[/i]
[b]The Thing:[/b] [i]Specify here what is having an effect applied. Please be specific (Joe’s favorite watch, Joe’s glasses, Joe’s house, Joe’s garden, Joe’s favorite jeans)[/i]
[b]The Effect:[/b] [i]Detail your effect here[/i]
[b]Proof of claim:[/b] [i]Link your RP points. Be mindful of costs, etc.[/i]
[b]BY POSTING THIS FORM I GUARANTEE I WILL NOT USE THESE RP POINTS FOR ANY OTHER POWER, GROWTH OR EFFECT.[/b]

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:00 pm
~~~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:05 pm
~~~

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:02 am
I’M FEELING VERY EFFECTED
What I want: Environmental Effect (first)
The Thing: Darlene's
The Effect: Tune-In - The televisions in Darlene’s seem to get every channel from anywhere in the world in perfect picture and sound. This amazingly doesn’t affect the cable bill.
Proof of claim: Here (10 pts for 1st effect)
BY POSTING THIS FORM I GUARANTEE I WILL NOT USE THESE RP POINTS FOR ANY OTHER POWER, GROWTH OR EFFECT.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:07 pm
iloveyouDIE
What I want: Environmental Effect (first)
The Thing: Darlene's
The Effect: Tune-In - The televisions in Darlene’s seem to get every channel from anywhere in the world in perfect picture and sound. This amazingly doesn’t affect the cable bill.
Proof of claim: Here (10 pts for 1st effect)
BY POSTING THIS FORM I GUARANTEE I WILL NOT USE THESE RP POINTS FOR ANY OTHER POWER, GROWTH OR EFFECT.

approved! 16 jul 2016  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:34 pm
going to finally use up dem points

What I want: Environment (1st effect)
The Thing: Chris Axten's apartment (Chel lives there and its done w/ dhs' approval!)
The Effect: Entry Protection: The doors & windows of Chris' apartment can't be busted broken or lock-picked by non-magical means.
Proof of claim: here

What I want: Object
The Thing: Chel's gba
The Effect: Always On: This gameboy is always charged. The batteries never die. It can run forever.

(total = 20 pts, so im now @ 10 left!)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:53 pm
chiickadee

The Thing: Chris Axten's apartment (Chel lives there and its done w/ dhs' approval!)
The Effect: Entry Protection: The doors & windows of Chris' apartment can't be busted broken or lock-picked by non-magical means.

The Effect: Always On: This gameboy is always charged. The batteries never die. It can run forever.

For bookkeeping purposes before this can be approved we need you to clarify which RPs are going to be used for what effects. Quote me back when you've done so and I'll get you approved ASAP!  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:47 pm
chiickadee

changes made, so approved! 14 aug 2016  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:48 am
What I want: Object effect
The Thing: Shun's leather jacket
The Effect: Climate control: The jacket feels warmer or cooler depending on the weather.
Proof of claim: In this post, towards the bottom

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:47 pm
Blade Kuroda
The Thing: Shun's leather jacket
The Effect: Climate control: The jacket feels warmer or cooler depending on the weather.
Proof of claim: In this post, towards the bottom

approved! 16 sept 2016  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:06 pm
The Thing: Rylan's Captain America shield
The Effect: It absorbs all kinetic energy and transfers very little on impact, making it basically indestructible and... almost literally Captain America's shield.
Proof of claim: Bottom of post

MoonRazor

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:36 pm
MoonRazor
The Thing: Rylan's Captain America shield
The Effect: It absorbs all kinetic energy and transfers very little on impact, making it basically indestructible and... almost literally Captain America's shield.
Proof of claim: Bottom of post

this is way too powerful for an item effect! broken down it's ...
1. the shield absorbs all kinetic energy
2. transfers little of the kinetic energy upon impact
3. is indestructible for the most part

item effects are ONE effect only and, in general, this is a little too overpowered for something gotten via this particular branch of the shop. you're going to have to pick one of these if you want to get it here!  
information services

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff