Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:25 pm
The Coliseum featured trolls of all kinds from the Alternian League of Gladiaterrors. Here, nobodies, criminals, heroes and infamous superstars could come together on the same ground. It was a cathartic show of force, while being a cherished source of Alternian entertainment. Who wouldn't miss it? Particularly these two trolls, who find themselves face to face again after a long and storied history. Will this be a deciding night for both of their fates?

Only Green Minuet and Gl!tch~ are allowed to post in this thread. Please quote the mule when your growth is complete!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:14 pm
Life continued to happen, often more than she would like. The Outpost kept her busy, usually in a good way, although the drama seemed to refuse to settle down. Everything would be fine except for that; it had been long enough, hadn't it? But stuff kept happening, and not everyone was on good terms. She could try to talk to Forera, but that might not end well. Not with the sulks the tealblood kept having. Who knew what might happen.

Bloodfest was supposed to be a rest, and she even did pretty well for herself, but she didn't feel like a winner. She just felt hunted most of the time, and when not, unable to share her excitement with the trolls she wanted to. Maybe that was why she was at the Coliseum tonight. She could at least see an old face, and imagine what it would be like to be able to bring up her accomplishments.

Or even talk at all.

Instead, she stood at the railing during a match, occasionally yelling with the fervor of the other attendees. While she was supposed to be Dianea, no one would notice a yellowblood as enthused as the rest of them. As long as the crowd didn't get too rowdy, she was fine.

But it couldn't last forever. She couldn't stay in the moment, frozen in time, watching trolls fight. Those exhilirating close calls, the empathy when someone lost a tooth, and such. Someone would win, though, and the match would end. Before she knew it, she found herself funneling into the lobby with everyone else, pulled out of a reverie where she didn't have to think about a singular thing.

Reality gnawed at her heels; she would have to return to the swamp soon. It was getting earlier than she would like. But she was dressed for a fast trek if need be. No heels this time. Her outfit was a lot simpler this time, mostly mixes of gray and yellow that conformed to her body better with the only accessories being her crossbow and trinkets. The green stripes were taped over. She had this habit of running into Kursha when she was unprepared. Maybe having everything together would keep him away.

She hesitated. Maybe Ganyma would show up, and she could bump into him and play an enamored fan. s**t, she really didn't ask for much. But it was getting early, and if she kept standing around, the drones might get suspicious.

Luxara only took a moment more to consider some merchandise for the kids back at the swamp, then went out the door.

Green Minuet
BAM

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:01 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

Kursha left just before the fight ended, slipping through the crowd like a shadow.

Passing through the Four Fronds for an errand, he had gone to the coliseum on a whim. Watch a few fights, snack on some sports fare, maybe spot a familiar face or two. Not that he was looking for anyone in particular. It would just be another one of life's charmless coincidences supposing he did run into anyone... even if he did know that a particular troll was sure to be there.

Halfway through the night's line up though he slipped out. Whims were dangerous after all. While the night had been fun at first, he had no intention of being recognised. Least of all by him. How would he even begin to explain that away? What if he got the wrong idea? He was stupid enough that he might just make a wild assumption and that was definitely not the case. Kursha's digestive cavity knotted just thinking about it. No, better to leave now than chance it.

Besides, he was pretty certain he had seen a few security guards glance his direction, and thought it better to skedaddle before they recognised him as the one who had started a brawl in the audience almost a sweep before.

Just before he left the coliseum entirely, Kursha saw a very different familiar face, leaning on the rail over the ring. It only took a second to recognise her, despite her change in attire. She wore the same yellow colour she donned back at Bloodfest, though she had ditched the heels and taken to carrying her crossbow. Smart choice—the crossbow at least. Everything else made him want to beat her over the head with the stock of his rifle. She never learnt anything.

With a little more self control than he might have exercised a sweep ago, or even several weeks ago, Kursha ignored the greenblood and continued to make his way towards the exit. Cornering Luxara inside would only end badly. Inevitably he would be forced to draw and everyone would fly into panic. Mass hysteria was fun, but only as long as no one got in his way. At any rate, he was trying to keep a low profile.

As soon as he made it outside, Kursha backed around to the side of the building. From there he would be out of line of sight for any leaving the coliseum, but he also could still view the entrance clearly. Kursha leaned against the wall, feeling the rifle over his shoulders press into his back. He made no move to draw it. Instead arms crossed, he waited.

Not for long, as it turned out.

Ten minutes ticked past (Kursha stifled a yawn) before he saw his target. Careful to keep a wide berth between them, he followed.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:28 pm
Wandering into the deep woods without anyone noticing could be tricky. It wouldn't matter for a higherblood, but Luxara could be mistaken for a tourist who didn't know about the hunts. Worse, a drone could report on the suspicious behavior. Who in the world would wander into a death pit like that? She had to maneuver away from the crowds, and the general view of anyone who could glance and see a figure beeline for the forest. No, she did something more like an arc. Veer more like she was heading into Four Fronds, then disappear behind a further building and, checking that no one else was around, break through the treeline.

All the while, she tried to act casual. If she acted sneaky, she would look it. What helped was that she was entering an area she knew. Going through the hunting grounds wasn't the safest, but Luxara doubted that hunters would be out still. If anything, she didn't hear anything in the brush. No alarmed birds, no shrubs in disarray. This zone, at least, was safe enough for now. Once she found any trace of blood, she was out.

But even as she did her best to play it safe without outright jumping into the trees, something felt off. The forest wasn't unusually silent, but it wasn't loud with terror. She should feel at ease, but even when she looked behind her to find no large shadows or the sounds of snapping twigs, she still felt watched.

A gut feeling she wasn't about to ignore.

No one from the coliseum would have been able to follow her so far without her catching them, and a sniper likely would have taken her out by now. Someone following her to the swamp? Doubtful. As far as she knew, her actions weren't suspicious enough to get a spy on her tail.

Unless Kursha reported back, but that was impossible. There was nothing for him to go on. He might be the queen's toad, but he didn't have anything solid.

Still, she would have to be careful. Time to take a detour. Luxara held onto her crossbow strap tight while she slowly veered towards a fat tree with some old burns on it. If someone was after her, they would have the disadvantage of her home turf. She approached her old hive, and touched one of the deep antler marks Stagdad had left sometime back when she still lived there.

The hive was still standing, surprisingly enough, and hopefully any surveillance was long gone. No one had been here for so long. If anyone was still watching, they hadn't left any traps. Further, why arrest a girl lost in the woods, just passing through?

But if it did lure someone out, well. She was prepared.

Green Minuet

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 am
      [+] Kursha Vidari

Stalking Luxara through the forest was not difficult. It may have been her home turf—or at least her former home turf—but he had plenty of experience tracking. Ducking behind a tree as the hapless greenblood passed a nonchalant glance over her shoulder, Kursha kept still and kept quiet. He counted the beating of his pump biscuit. Ten beats. Five seconds. With his back flat against the trunk, he peered out from behind. Luxara was on the move again, heading deeper into the forest. Kursha slipped out from his hiding place. Careful to watch how he tread, he followed in silent pursuit.

The rest of their journey passed the same way. Luxara wove her way through the trees in a meandering path, while Kursha trailed behind, occasionally slinking behind a tree or bush for cover as needed. All around them, the forest was quiet, as they left the sounds of the coliseum behind. The had entered a world of hunter and hunted.

Suddenly their surroundings became familiar. It took Kursha a moment to pinpoint it. The forest surrounding Luxara's hive had changed much in the sweep and a half since he had first visited. It looked more... forlorn. Not to say he had not gone to see her since then. But that time marked a significant place in his memory, and anyway, it had been close to a sweep since he visited her at all.

Luxara no doubt felt a similar rush of nostalgia. She reached out and touched the bark. Kursha's chest tightened. He pressed himself up against the tree he used for cover. Eyes closed, he took a breath. His jaw set. Time to play the bad guy.

He made no attempt to mask his approach. Hands up to indicate he was unarmed, he stepped through the brush towards her. “You know, I really hoped that you would have wisened up by now,” he said. He came to a stop about five yards away and slowly lowered his hands to his sides. “This makes strike two.”

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:28 pm
She could see him out of the corner of her eye though, a shape emerging from cover. Luxara chose not to turn, not yet. That would look like a frightened hopbeast. Instead, she kept her fingers on the splintering scars. The greenblood beneath the disguise willed the familiar, comforting entity to give her strength.

Kursha's voice wafted her way. Scolding, talking down to her. "Strike two, huh?" Luxara echoed. Her fingers curled onto the bark a little, as if she was about to scratch down. The pair of trolls here again, in tense circumstances. A threat. Her pumpbiscuit was pounding despite herself, and in her mind she saw a flash of him from sweeps ago. One of the daymares of him trying to strangle her.

She put on a bitter smile and finally turned. It was funny, in a way.

"You make it sound like we're playing a game or something. Is that how it is? Are we still going by your rules?"

He didn't have his weapon out, and even looked like he might not intend to draw. Good. She would like the first strike for once. Her hand fell from the tree, and she drew her weapon, loaded, fast as she could. Making up for lost time.

"I don't know what your deal is, but you better learn to ******** right off."

Green Minuet
Not terribly wordy; I figure there will plenty of time for that in future posts :U

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:00 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

“Not my rules,” he said, putting one hand on his hip. Come on, Luxara. Use your thinkpan. He knew she was not as stupid as she pretended to be. She only proved him right when she drew and loaded her weapon. Still, the corners of his mouth twitched as she aimed it towards him.

Kursha arched his eyebrows. “That's a pretty cold way to greet someone.” he drawled. “I even went out of my way to make sure we'd have somewhere nice and private to chat.” Not that she would appreciate it. Not that she should appreciate it. If she showed the slightest weakness, he would not hesitate to kill her right then and there. He had more faith in her than that though.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:22 pm
"I can't outdo your greeting at the last base, though. I don't think anyone could besides maybe if the queen shot a Vast Glub right at us." Luxara snarled. Her posture didn't waver. "Speaking of, guess I have been giving you too much credit. So don't even give yourself this much. We're only here because I brought you this far. As soon as you so much as you touch your gun, I'm in the trees and you're dead. Still patting yourself on the back?"

At least she had time to oggle his scars. Pity there weren't more, but the Initiative had done quite a number on his person, especially compared to the royalists' attempt on Byakko. Heck, from what she heard, some trolls had grabbed some teeth covered in blood around his hue. Dropping a bomb only blew up in his face, and remembering that helped her stay composed.

"Is this the part where you try to distract me until you bring in back-up? Because as far as I'm concerned, we have nothing to talk about."

Green Minuet

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:08 am
      [+] Kursha Vidari

“Well thanks.” Kursha flashed her a genuine grin. “I'm glad you enjoyed it. I aim only to impress,” he added, voice mocking. He threw the greenblood a wink. Whatever threats or insults she had to offer bounced right off him.

Suddenly Kursha cupped a hand to his sponge clot. His brow furrowed and his eyes darted from side to side. “You hear that?” he asked. A pause. He met Luxara's eyes again, his own expression serious. “Almost sounds like... a non-existent army marching silently through the forest to capture one very dangerous and self-important greenblood.”

Kursha paused again to give time for his meaning to sink in. Finally he rolled his eyes. “Really, Xara?” he asked, giving her a flat look. “If I wanted back-up, I'd have had you taken care of back at the coliseum. Come on, you're killing me here. All I wanted was some intelligent conversation and not even three minutes in I'm already disappointed.”

He leaned against a tree, pretending to examine his nails. “If you wanna shoot me and make this all personal, then be my guest. That's certainly one way to solve your problems.” He glanced back up at her, challenging. Go ahead, his eyes seemed to say. Shoot me and see what happens.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:37 pm
Luxara watched as nothing got through to him. Kursha continued to act so cool, as if none of his actions meant a single thing. It was almost like seeing him again after last sweep's Bloodfest, with nothing else having happened. The surrealness hollowed her out, boggling her mind.

Did he honestly expect her to act like nothing had happened? Like he hadn't wounded her, hell, ruined her life? Even now, he was playing with her. Messing around, kicking her down even more. Like she was an idiot. She tensed up around her weapon. Kursha's attitude screamed 'shoot me shoot me shoot me'. Hell, the only way to escalate his obvious desire was to just paint a bullseye on his face. But the problem was that he was obviously trying to egg her ********> that.

Luxara stalked over, teeth clenched, and without a word, went from aiming at him to smacking him in the jaw with her crossbow. "It's already personal!" She dealt another blow. "It was personal the moment you came in and decided we had to die! When you told me where the base was! When you kissed me! When you shot me in the stomach and made me cough up blood. It doesn't matter because it didn't happen to you!" By now, she was hellbent on beating him with the butt of her crossbow over and over and over. She wanted him to bruise. She wanted him to end up as pulp. If he could just be a broken lump on the ground, maybe she would finally be satisfied.

"I did so much for you! I did so much for you and this is all I get! You try to ******** kill me, then you stalk me, then you talk down to me like a wiggler! What gives you the right? What! Gives! You! The! Right!"

Green Minuet

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:25 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

Kursha's head snapped to the side from the blow, cheek stinging. He hardly had time to recover before Luxara struck again, crossbow cracking against the other side of his jaw. Stars burst. His vision swam. He had the wisdom to duck before she swung for a third time and broke his nose.

Ducking and weaving, Kursha retreated from Luxara's fury around the tree and through the brush. As her tirade reached its climax, Kursha focused his attention on her movements. The butt of the crossbow came swinging towards his face. He saw it before it moved. His hand shot up and he caught the end of it before it connected. Tightening his grip around it, he wrenched it to the side.

“You done?” he asked, keeping a firm hold on the crossbow in case Luxara got any ideas. He took a pause a moment to swirl his tongue around his mouth, then spat. A molar and some blood fell to the forest floor. All traces of a smile had vanished. He merely looked impatient.

“First thing's first. I was fighting for my life as much as you or anyone else. I paid my dues.” Several times over. He leaned towards her. He had caught her eyeing him up and down earlier. Now she could get a good look, nice and up close.* Anyone who thought otherwise clearly had not been paying attention.

“Secondly, you were never supposed to be there. Sure, I told you about the meeting and where to find the Phoenix Initiative, but I also told you they were a bunch of idiots and weren't worth the time.” Kursha released the crossbow and fell back. “You made that decision on your own.”

Gl!tch~
*Now kiss.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:58 pm
"You deserve worse than what the rebellion did do you. You started it, you don't get to put yourself on my level. Not when you had an army and artillery. Your troops are more of a victim than you are, and they signed up for it."

Even with his jerking about, she kept her hand on her crossbow. Once released, she checked to make sure it wasn't scuffed too much, then put the crosshairs on him again.

"Oh, I'm sorry, was that supposed to be code for something? Last time I checked, you said that kind of stuff about everyone." she spat. "Eventually it's easy to just get used to snarky comments about everything under the moon, the sass and stuff. How can anyone actually tell if you were supposed to be serious for once? Maybe you should've cried a little." Honest, but also a jab.

She had wiped the smile off his face. Progress, if anything. "I got a tooth out of you, so here's how it's gonna go: you have the floor to not be obtuse for a minute. You say something I can actually believe, maybe openly admit I never meant anything to you, I knock you out and get out of here. You wanna talk? Do it."

And if he tried to draw instead? Her finger lingered on the trigger.

Green Minuet
Plot twist: blackrom

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:26 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

“Your troops are more of a victim than you are, and they signed up for it.”

Guilt.

“How can anyone actually tell if you were supposed to be serious for once? Maybe you should've cried a little.”

Anger.

“Maybe openly admit I never meant anything to you.”

A lie.

Expression stony, Kursha fought down his flaring emotions. She was trying to get a rise out of him. He would not give her the satisfaction. If he did, he would only undo what he had come here to accomplish. He had little faith that it would work, but he would be damned if he did not try.

“I'm here to help you,” he said slowly. A pause. So far she had not shot him. “Come back with me. You have a history serving the empire. If you turned yourself in they'd show some leniency. I'd vouch for you.” There was no agenda hidden in his words, no punchline. He continued.

“Staying with the initiative, you're only going to get yourself killed. You've seen what you're up against.” He waved his hand in a vague gesture. “The empire is not ******** around. You're outnumbered and outclassed and hanging on by a thread. That's really not that hard to see, even for you. Sure, working for the empress may not have the same kind of vigilante appeal that working for the initiative does, but it's better than just throwing your life away for no reason.”

Gl!tch~
BETCHA DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:34 pm
You have a history serving the empire. A major regret. Flaking. A view of the other side, and how she met the Tunnel Snakes, but the circumstances... Well, she wasn't fond of the mark on her record. Consistency. She wanted consistency.

Her mouth twitched. Speak of the opposite. "Are you for real?" Luxara whispered. Then, after a beat, burst out laughing. He couldn't be serious, even with that face and that tone. But he was! Or he sure was trying to look it! What a ******** goober!

"Okay, okay, okay. Hold on. I-I need to." She slowly composed herself. Somewhat. "Heh. I keep thinking, did I just hear that? And I did! Ohhhh my god. Kur. Kur. You don't get it, do you? Like, I know I get it. I've got it since OHC. Jeez, you must really think I'm an idiot.

Actually, no." She cocked her head. "I got it since I made my first hive. You know, in the bad part of the forest? I mean, I didn't get it back then, but growing up in all that...no way to pretend about how things are. It's a shitty world. Real shitty. My entire life I haven't known comfort, or safety, or anything like that. That's what you don't get. That's what you and Gan both don't get. You don't have to drop a cave on me to tell me that if I don't play by the queen's rules, I'm screwed. I've seen enough hunts. The results, time and time again. But like hell if I'm gonna get comfortable in a world that treats people like s**t for sport." She bared her teeth, a superficially-tamed animal. No, she could never have a cushy empire life. Visiting the coliseum was fun, but she could never imagine being boxed in, watched, cooped up like that. It didn't matter if everyone defected over in the end. Luxara couldn't survive in society long-term much like most trolls couldn't survive in the forest on their own.

"I'd rather die than hollow myself out in the name of sanctioned self-preservation."

That, and admittedly, Salamire was the best thing to ever happen to her thus far. Her abilities were useful. Her comrades liked her. And the kids...they needed someone like her. Someone who knew how to survive in the wilderness, but liked to have fun. She certainly wasn't about to give that up for him.

"And I bet you're gonna go home and go 'well I tried to reason with her but it's all her fault for saying no', right? It's not my fault she doesn't have any reason to trust me. It's not my fault she can't read my mind when I expect her to! It's not my fault she'd rather stick with the people who treat her with some goddamn dignity." she spat. "Wash your hands and get going, Kur. We're done here."

Green Minuet
Last shot at an attempt at closure :')

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:59 pm
      [+] Kursha Vidari

As Luxara burst into laughter and went off on a tangent, Kursha felt nothing but a kind of emptiness. A depressed smile flickered at the corners of his mouth. He averted his gaze. He had known better than to get his hopes up and be disappointed when she rejected him. After all, it seemed inevitable. Her response only validated what he already knew, leaving him both resigned and relieved. He breathed out a sigh, the tension fading from his shoulders. Had she answered otherwise, he might not have believed it. Yet even then, he still had to ask.

“Not exactly,” Kursha responded at last. He refused to meet Luxara's eyes. Reaching out, he touched the trunk of an adjacent tree as though to steady himself. “More along the lines of...” He slipped around the tree. “What a damn shame it is.” Drawing his rifle, he loaded the chamber. Luxara would rather die? Fine. He would put her resolve to test.

“Don't go blaming me if you get hurt,” he called out from behind his cover, as he flicked off the safety, the usual cheer returning to his voice. Funny. As often as they squabbled, this would be their first fight.

And hopefully the last.

Gl!tch~

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas