Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] About that near death experience (Shiloh & Jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:07 pm
Jeremiah was unbuckling, head tilted slightly towards Shiloh as he spoke and asked his questions. Sometimes it was worrisome just how many teenagers were finding themselves part of this, how many of them could possibly lose their lives ...

"Something to that tune. For now it's still contained but if the cage is broken we'll be seeing a lot more of what happened at Blackfriar's. Magic will be commonplace." The driver door was opened and he was stepping out, taking the time to think if he really had an answer for Shiloh at all.

"I don't know that answer to be honest with you. It could be as simple as you saw something from the other side, that because it touched you, you've been pulled in." His lips were pressed to a thin line. How to tell him about the fact that this was not the first go? That this was not necessarily the first time for Shiloh at all?

Not knowing was possibly more damning than knowing.

Melancholies
me too, apparently. bless u walking pneumonia bless u

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:06 pm
    Shiloh was standing outside of the car, mulling things over. Magic would become commonplace? Magic, magic magic. It was like some s**t out of a video game, or a book, something that was fiction.

Except it was very much real, if his sore shoulder was any indication. Was it because of his encounter with Gloom? Was that the small, innocuous catalyst that set off this chain of events? Was it his inevitably meeting Jamie, who turned out to be something so much more than either of them expected? Was it simply fated? Shiloh couldn't know, and he probably never would.

"So there's a whole other Ashdown, and it's acting as a cage, and people are started to develop magical powers and s**t?" Obviously, based on what he'd seen and what Jeremiah had told him. Shiloh considered himself a good judge of character, and usually adults were the worst kind of patronizing corrupt, but he trusted Gramps to some extent.

"And what are we supposed to do about it?" he hopped up on the curb, hands in his pant pockets. "Is there even anything we can do?" Shiloh honestly didn't want to help in any grand scheme of things, but if whatever that happened to be threatened people like Oliver or Jamie, then well...

That'd be a problem.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 pm
Don't bring up that fate card to Jeremiah. It would piss him off. Fated was bullshit, just like labeling shite was.

"There is something there, something that wants to put us in our place," something about the way that he said that, "and it's held back over there. There were three that were keeping back the darkness but now ..." Jeremiah shook his head, still not quite over what he had heard from Pax. It had to not be true but he had yet to go speak to Heliodor to confirm it.

So much was going on.

"So far as I can tell, it may simply be proximity to other ashdown but I think it's also because it's waking up. The more active it becomes, the more we're likely to see people with abilities." He paused and stared at Shiloh, his expression neutral. "There is but you really have to ask yourself if you want to get involved in the first place. The deeper this goes, Shiloh, the more you're changed, the more you're irrevocably caught in it. You know first hand how dangerous this can be and that people you care for are likely to be involved and to get hurt." He let out a breath, head tilting. "So you may not even have a choice if you want to help or not because those around you already are."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:50 pm
    Shiloh nodded slowly at the information he was receiving, cracking his knuckles in a nervous fit. He thought about Chris—his goddamn teacher—how calm he had been during the whole incident. How long had he been caught up in this drama, Shiloh wondered? And then there was Thorne, innocuous cashier at the art store he frequented... what about him?

Finally, there was Jamie, rabbit ears and rabbit feet and terrified eyes. On the surface, Otherworld seemed to have its claws hooked in him the most. He swallowed.

"I... I have to," he said, throat dry, "I have to do something." he looked up at Jeremiah, eyes glinting with a stubbornness that spoke volumes. With our without anyone's best wishes, Shiloh was going to be involved. "I can't just—I can't do ********' nothing." not when his best friend was on the line.

Then again, there was that weak, sensitive doubt in the back of his head. What could a kid do? Anything? Chris and Thorne... they never saw it fit to say anything. Why should they? His eyes narrowed into a glare, frustrated at himself as he looked down at his hands.

"What can I do?" he asked, wondering if Jeremiah would do the same, wondering if he would tell him it wasn't his fight if it didn't drag him in headfirst. "How do I become stronger?" there was ambition in his eyes as he studied his fingers. "Can I?" I have to.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:20 pm
Jeremiah tilted his head towards heading inside Darlene's so that they could sit and he could, at least, ease part of this conversation with a good meal and a drink (not the alcoholic kind, don't get your hopes up).

"It's good to hear you say that," he said with an approving tone, "because burying your head won't get you anywhere and, if anything, that seems to make it come after you harder." Jeremiah let out a breath, hand raking through his hair.

"Your determination means something over there, Shiloh. It's your strength of will, how strong you are as a person- that will help you get stronger." Blue-green eyes looked at him seriously, pausing before the crossed the threshold into Darlene's.

"The only thing that will stop you is yourself and I cannot, in all honesty, tell you to stay out of it. You have friends involved who are close to you and it would be hypocritical." There was a breath, a near chuckle. "... and if you want guidance, pointers, to know things, I can answer your questions or point you a direction."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:18 pm
    Shiloh breathed out a breath he hadn't been aware of holding. Jeremiah wouldn't scold him? Wouldn't tell him he was too young? Wouldn't tell him to stay out of it? He nodded with vigor as they took a table.

"I'll do anything." there's an infliction in his voice that rings true with resolve, fists banging on the table perhaps a little too rambunctiously. At this, he looked apologetic and sheepish, ducking into his hoodie to avoid any unwarranted stares from neighboring tables. "Thanks for, um... for um... for'm..." he trailed off quietly.

"For understanding." it was strange to thank the older man when there had only been distrust before, but maybe he could get somewhere with Jeremiah? Between him and Chris, they had a massive advantage over him in terms of information and know how.

"Anyway, it's uh, like," he fumbled with his words, "There's... there's a lot of questions. But I don't know how to ask them? What to ask?" the concept of a second, magical Ashdown was already extremely abstract to him. "What about you? What are you trying to do about it? All of this?" maybe that would give him some insight.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:30 am
Thankfully there were not many stares, if any at all, because Jeremiah's presence in the place seemed to afford a measure of privacy. It was a combination of him having been coming for a time long before it was Darlene's but also because this was a place he had always been known and welcomed.

Even if he was ornery as hell.

Jeremiah shook his head. "There's no thanks necessary, Shiloh." He meant it and listened as he continued on. The detective lieutenant tapped his fingers against the table, eyes watching for one of the servers as they approached but they had not yet.

"Well that question isn't a bad way to start off ..." Not if Shiloh was trying to get a handle on the situation. "In all honesty I got involved because it was my part of my case originally. When the three teenagers went missing earlier in the year before March." His shoulders rolled, a hand rubbing the side of his neck and then sliding down to his shoulder a moment later to rub as well before falling back down. "Originally I was trying to get them home to their parents but what I found in the process was something far, far more complicated. They weren't missing because they were kidnapped, they were missing because they made a choice."

Melancholies
dude. ur avatar. WTF happened to shiloh XDDD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:00 pm
    Shiloh nodded to himself slowly as Jeremiah spoke, thrumming his hands on the table.

"Makes sense." he spoke softly, obviously mulling the words over in his head. "Well, I guess. Micheal was one of those teenagers, right?" he recalled the were from Blackfriar's with intimate detail, shuddering at the sensation of his claws shredding through his shoulder. "And Heliodora. Chris said he was going to take Jamie and I to meet her in other Ashdown sometime." now he was picking at his nails.

"So what exactly are they trying to do? I'm guessing they... can't be brought home, can they."

azuredreams
IDK but sae's avvie got beat up too LOL

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:40 am
"He is, yes, as well as Heliodora. There's a third, her name is Adoelle." Jeremiah leaned back in the seat and paused as a server came over to take their drink order.

He just got water for the time being. Shiloh was free to get whatever he wanted. It absolutely was Jeremiah's treat.

"Someone made me think they could be, once upon a time," he said once the server left, "but no ... I don't think they can be anymore. Not without things going wildly a different direction."

Blue-green eyes looked to Shiloh, his expression inscrutable for a moment before he simply sighed. "They are the cage that holds it back."

Melancholies
tmw we're both playing characters before they were nobles and probably a lot fluffier than they are now XD XD XD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:55 pm
    Shiloh went for the chocolate milk. It was sweet and thick and cold and honestly just the thing he needed for this conversation.

"Those names are familiar," he pondered for a second. Heliodora he knew he had gone to school with, and he was fairly certain of the others, "Yeah, we all had class together... I think."

Honestly, he could sit here all day and play the 20 questions game, and while he did have a lot of questions, it seemed like most of them would be unanswered... for now, at least.

"Sucks for them..." ever eloquent, ever empathetic; that was Shiloh Beaumont. "The them being stuck where they are thing. I guess the cage is kinda good." he swirled the drink around in the glass. "Guess a lot of this is... just seein' how it plays out, huh?" he didn't seem too happy about saying so.

Being helpless and feeling helpless was a very unfortunate feeling.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:37 pm
"More than likely," Jeremiah replied about Shiloh having had classes with them. If he thought about it, Shiloh's name had come up when he was looking at students who shared the same classes but ultimately he had been someone not talked to.

There was nothing but a huff at what Shiloh said but it was, regardless of everything, basically true. "We're still not sure if the cage is a good thing or bad thing. We assume good but-" Jeremiah's hand flicked through the air. "It is a waiting game for the most part, to see what comes and what we find out the further down the rabbit hole we go."

It was clear that the detective was no more comfortable with the helpless feeling than Shiloh was but at least they could talk. Jeremiah could answer his questions as best he could and Shiloh got a free meal.

Melancholies
can call that a wrap and i shall pester about MOAR RPs!!!!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff