[PRP] Tea Between... Friends. [Rastin/Sephos] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When a pair of teenagers start fighting in front of Rastin's booth, he and Sephos decide it's time to flee and drink tea elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:59 pm
Lavender Hues

If offended was a thing that could happen to Sephos, he would have been offended by the two teen's who had decided to fight in the middle of their booth. Not even 'their' booth. It wasn't Sephos's booth, it was Rastin's, but if issues such as 'posession' and 'property' had bothered Sephos...

Well...

They just didn't bother him. Nothing was his, and he was wherever he went. Which was why the teenage drama whatever it was had been such an intrusion. Into his space. Into his teatime. With Rastin. Friend or whatever Rastin was, teatime was ******** sacred, an oasis of peace in the middle of the overwhelming hell that was Bloodfest. That people kept coming up and interrupting their tea with whatever judging that Rastin was doing was bad enough, but it was the purpose of the booth, so Sephos endured it.

But starting a FIGHT?! No.

No.

Sephos was out of there. Wordlessly, he picked up the battery operated kettle, the teapot, and his teacup. He gave Rastin a glance, enough to communicate intention, before he started to walk away towards someplace NOT THERE. And quieter.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:06 pm
At first, Rastin wasn't sure how to react. However, the second that Chiara had slapped the tea out of the other teen's hand, well... He'd almost leaped into the fray himself.

No one disgraces tea like that. NO ONE.

Fortunately, Sephos had showed up just in time to offer a far better solution, and he hustled to catch up with the greenblood. Hopefully whatever problems those two were having would leave minimal damage to his booth and supplies...

The purpleblood let out a heavy sigh.

"I hope my booth doesn't get destroyed..." He grumbled, frowning. "I worked too damn hard to be met with this kind of treatment! It's absolutely disrespectful!"

Especially since he'd given one of those teens a prize or two. He'd probably be banning her from any further attempts at his booth because of this display of behavior. Hopefully he could do that without getting smacked around himself...

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:42 pm
Lavender Hues

"Mmm." Sephos grunted, agreeing. It would be really grubbingly awful if Rastin's booth was destroyed in the process, containing as it did tea and breakables. Having found a quiet, somewhat lonely and unused part of the festival grounds, Sephos found a bench, set up the tea supplies on the bench, and checked the water in the kettle. Good. There was enough. He would need to find a water spigot, but there was fresh water around, just generally, here. That wouldn't be too hard.

He set it up to boil a new batch of hot water as he put down saucers and the salvaged tea in their teacups. "Here." he tapped one of the cups, "This one's yours." He took a sip from his own, settling into the bench. It was enough to fit about four children, and so they had room for both of them and their tea. Catdad, unfortunately, had no place on the bench.

"If it's too messed up, I can help put it back together or something." Sephos said. He couldn't put together the cups and saucers, though. That was beyond his power.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:38 pm
The purpleblood slipped onto the bench like a frustrated puppy and watched Sephos fiddle about from under the shroud of his cloak. He was adaptive, wasn't he? He flattened his lips to avoid smiling.

"Thank you." He said, taking his cup into his hands and looking into it. ... He really didn't know what he wanted to talk about, or if there was anything to chat about at all. Of course, they didn't have to talk, it was just something that you commonly did at a bench... Right?

Wait, why did he suddenly feel like talking at all? He glanced to Sephos.

"Ah, well... Only if you want to." He replied, shrugging. "I don't want to trouble you. It isn't even your booth after all..."

He paused, his brows furrowing slightly.

"... Do you have a booth?" He asked, arching a brow. "... I mean, you brought me a really nice bouquet and I haven't seen others like them around elsewhere. Were they something you made?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:30 am
Sephos shrugged, blowing gently on his cup before sipping at it. Tanniny, tangy, sweet, a little smokey... he'd needed that. "Okay, I'll do it then." he said. It wasn't any trouble

Hmm? Oh! A question. "Jawohl. I have a booth..." Sephos looked out into the distance, beyond the lights and sounds of the now comfortably distant Bloodfest, "It's called 'Super Punkin Stand.'" And was very obviously not his name. "Someone I know wanted to do a stand, and they wanted me to help them..." he grumbled, and took another sip of tea. "... überzeugen hart..." She was forceful, but that was beside the point. Sephos had a booth. And that booth...

"I set up a greenhouse and I grow flowers and other things. And Punkins." Sephos grimaced. Some of the idiots who were growing punkins at the booth did such AWFUL things to their punkins. That he had to fix... And the boom boxes. Oh GOG the boom boxes... He hadn't had a good day's sleep since Punkie had started setting them up in the greenhouse, but what was he going to do? Turn them off? Music was good for plants, after all, and she seemed really into it... "Punkie deals with the punkins and I make bouquets..."

He hesitated. "You liked it, right?"

lavender hues
I'm trying to use google translate german to add flavor to his language, so let me know if it's too much:
überzeugen hart = persuades hard. He's saying Punkie dragged him into this.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:45 pm
Oh, so he did have a booth. Rastin nodded gently, his hood draping down his back as he took a sip of his tea. The name of the booth came as a bit of an interest to him, more so for it's oddity than anything else. He liked punkins, they made an excellent soup during colder months and making pie out of them seemed to be a favored idea, but to call them super? ... He wasn't so sure.

The next thing his mind questioned where the odd words that Sephos was tossing in with his speech. Rastin hadn't heard the words "überzeugen hart" before, but didn't really want to ask. Maybe it was a quirk he had? The purpleblood fidgeted and blinked.

"A greenhouse? Really?" He asked, his mouth falling slightly ajar. "... How did you build it? I've been interested in making one of my own, to grow teas and vegetables. It'd be very useful during colder months when very little grows outside..."

He adjusted his cloak with his free hand and took a breath.

"Liked it? I..." He began, fingers sliding up his teacup, his expression gradually becoming sheepish. "I did. They were lovely flowers, beautifully organized. ... I hope one day that I can return the favor and bring you something just as nice."

He turned, a soft purple blush dusting his cheeks, and cleared his throat.

"So, uhm... Tell me more about this... Punkie, as you call them?" He said. "Are they a good friend of yours?"

DraconicFeline
Thank you for being so patient with me! ; w; <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:35 am
"The city helped me, or something." Sephos looked around him with some evident discomfort. "Punkie told them about the booth, and then they gave me glass and drones, and... that's what I did with them." He frowned, "I had to use a metal frame to keep it up, though - put the glass right between the bars." he gestured, as if to demonstrate how the glass lay.

Boy was he glad he'd used metal! Everything, from his sleep cycle to the plants took some kind of abuse during the festival. He was sure that the building itself suffered some serious indignities, too. "Wood wouldn't be a good idea for the supports..." he mused, partly to himself, Too much moisture and heat... would rot it pretty fast."

He looked down at his tea, breathing in the scent of it before drinking it. "I could... help you build one, too, if you wanted. I'll have to take the greenhouse down at the end, so I'll have the stuff. If you wanted." He himself wanted a greenhouse, too, but he also had his underground nursery. It stayed a constant temperature through the cold months and he had sunlights down there, so he was fine.

So he liked the bouquets? G...good. Sephos nodded, his cheeks faintly green. "... ya don't have to." he said, a little shyly though it was difficult to tell from his tone of voice, which was the same as ever - deep and blandly grumbly.

"Punkie is..." A friend. Sephos struggled to describe her further. "She gets really into stuff." true enough. "She's a clown." he added, gesturing to his face, his fingers tracing out a mimicry of the juggalo makeup. "That's her, uh. Her thing." In fact, it was one of the main things about her. She preached at him all the time, and went on and on about visions and messiahs and the dark carnival. He'd heard somewhere, too, that some juggalos had helped fund the booth. Not that he cared. He just took care of the plants and prepared the flowers - the other s**t wasn't any of his business, nor did he want it to be. "... it's not my thing." It really, really wasn't. He didn't see how the carnival touched his life, or why he needed to care about some mythical paradise planet. He was happy with the planet he had, thank you, and the forest on it. He usually just let her talk as background noise and did something else like garden, or sit, or plant punkins. "She grows good punkins, though. Lots of varieties - we crossbreed em' sometimes. Really nice. She goes around and plants them places." Like... other people's lawnrings.

Whew. Describing a person was exhausting.

Bouquet of Diamonds
Aaaand drac stops bothering with misused german.
Also, watch, with all the speech here, Sephos may well use all of one word in his next post. His muse is like WHOA THATS A LOT OF TALKING.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:32 pm
The city? Rastin made a sour face and watched Sephos demonstrate how the greenhouse had been built. Honestly, if anyone had called a big lug of people to make something that large without consulting him first, he'd be quite upset. The hooded troll fidgeted and nodded.

"I... Would appreciate the help." He said, sipping at his tea. "Perhaps near the back of my house, away from the water, but still visible enough from the upper story so I can watch out for thieves.."

He mulled that thought over, a finger raising to twirl at his hair, and puckered his lips. Not that he really had trouble with thieves, but it was always best to be safe, wasn't it? ... Maybe he was being paranoid.

"Goodness, a juggalo?" Rastin's face scrunched up even further. "There was one at my stand earlier this week, before these bumbling teenagers made their debut, and I swore she had tried to poison me with this revolting soda she'd added to the tea! Faygo, or something like that, I thought I was dying!"

The child smoothed his hand across his face and shuddered, the memory of that purpleblooded juggalo flooding his mind. It did nothing to make his mood any better, of course.

"Er, well, if she can plant..." He considered, his lips pursing and relaxing. "I suppose she sounds reasonable. Knowledge of plants is very important and, in my opinion, more trolls should try to get involved with it as whole. Think of all the food we could have, the community meals... I think it would be rather nice."

He sipped again and looked out into the distance.

"That, and, maybe if there were more plant orientated trolls around, those who are belligerent morons would want to learn what tea is and how to properly prepare it..." He seethed.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:24 am
Bouquet of Diamonds

Sephos nodded, filing the information away for later if... no, when... he built the greenhouse for Rastin. He never really thought about thieves, but then again, he didn't have much to steal. Still, it seemed reasonable that someone would want to look at their garden, so thieves or no, Sephos found the request reasonable.

"Faygo..." Sephos said, savoring the tea taste that lingered in his mouth. "Yeah. That. She's into that too." He took another sip, as if to chase away the memory of it's taste... though, to be honest, he didn't find it too offensive. The bubbles had hit him like a boot to the face the first time Punkie had made him try it, but it basically tasted like half-fermented berry juice. With less juice, more water, and a lot of extra sugar.

He drank it when she shoved it on him because it was easier to drink it than not. It cheered her up and let them move on to other things like pumpkins. Always pumpkins. However... "It doesn't go in tea." he agreed. It really, really, really didn't.

Sephos nodded slowly. "Like the harvest festival..." He smiled very slightly, imagining it. The only downside to a community meal was the people, but the idea of it - everybody contributing, everybody benefiting - was a nice thought.

But not everybody did plants, and not everybody wanted to share their produce, and that was fine. The idea of poison didn't even cross his mind, of course. Such a thing was inconcievable.

"Not everybody'd grow tea." he commented, belatedly realizing that that wasn't actually what he was talking about. "Has it been that bad?" he asked awkwardly, after a moment.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:26 am
Rastin looked slightly appalled for a moment, before deciding against making further judgments against Punkie, and instead refocused on his tea. He didn't want to pass judgement on someone he didn't know very well, especially if they were a friend of his... Friend here in front of him. However, he was happy to know that the greenblood agreed with his stance on Faygo and how revolting it was in tea.

"Unfortunately, yes." He replied, placing his hands on his lap and sighing. "Raw biscuits, mud tea, unwarranted rudeness, I've been through quite a loop running this booth. Sure, there are some trolls, like you, who have been delightful and competent, but as life often goes, the bad often outweighs the good."

He sipped, to abate the growing tension in his jaw, and looked to Sephos wearily.

"I do hope your booth has been fairing better." He muttered.

DraconicFeline
Just realized that I addressed Rastin as Rastian in this post. > w>;;; /Swats herself

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

"Ugh." Sephos grunted, face crinkling in sympathetic disgust. Sure, sometimes his tea was rough, and he wasn't an artist about it, but that just sounded...

Bad.

"Guh." he said, drinking his tea. It was rapidly cooling in the chilly air, and cold tea was basically medicine. Which was fine. But hot tea was better. "It's... okay." he moved his teeth a little, as if carving words from the air, "Punkie does most of the... annoying stuff. With the people. And the... rap... music." Which either had a great effect on the plants or it merely metaphorically and physically punched his eardrums. Sephos wasn't sure if it was both.

"But when its quiet, just before dawn and just after, uh, sunset... It's nice. I get to take care of th' pumpkins and flowers, and I don't gotta worry about someone doing something dumb with dirt."  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:59 am
Rastin finished his tea while Sephos spoke and set the cup aside for now, or for a possible second cup later, before nodding along to what his friend was saying. It seemed good that Sephos had this Punkie around, then, if she handled the more annoying and less savory tasks of handling their booth. A subtle smile rose to his features, though only when Sephos spoke of quiet times and the plants he tended to. He wanted to ask more about the greenblood's experience with plants, but he'd save them for when the timing was more convenient, or for when they were home.

"Pardon my deviation from the topic, but what is rap music?" He asked, his eyebrow raising. "I've never heard of it before. ... Is it something terrible?"

DraconicFeline
Dinky reply is dinky, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:00 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

Sephos didn't know if he should be surprised or not. The way Punkie had talked about it, he'd assumed that it was commonplace. Or that it 'should' be.

"It's..." Sephos wrinked his nose, "I dunno. It's harsh. Lots of words... like, chanting." he rubbed an ear. "... but I guess it's not... terrible?" he shrugged. He didn't like it, and he didn't like it playing anywhere in his greenhouse, but he wasn't going to put Punkie at fault. "It's a Juggalo thing." he added. That, he felt, should explain everything, more or less.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:25 pm
Rastin made a face. A Juggalo thing. The word itself made him feel like gagging. However, Sephos was friends with one of them, and he didn't want to let his opinions of Juggalos bleed over to Sephos who was, obviously, far more intelligent and valuable. He let the nastier words he could have said slide off his face and simply offered a nod.

"I see. It sounds... Unpleasant, but curious." He said, taking a breath and motioning to the teapot. "Anyway... Shall we have a second cup? There's no reason to head back just yet and it's... Nice just to be here, away from all of the noise for the moment, isn't it?"

DraconicFeline

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces