Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:45 am
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Calgary Gideon Keys and Glasgow Gideon Keys
What is it? Creepypasta/short-form horror fiction
Do you have anything to say about it? Some good spooks about a series of supernatural items/phenomena purported to exist in Calgary and Glasgow. I haven't read as much of Calgary's as I have of Glasgow's, but there's some real good stuff in there. Serious body horror warnings for a few of the stories though, tread with caution friends.

iloveyoudie
add my stuff plz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:12 pm
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Lore
What is it? podcast
Do you have anything to say about it? It is not a serial narrative, but a show that covers various myths, stories and legends. Vampires, werewolves, changelings, and unsolved crimes are just a few of the topics touched on. Most of the material is based around real world accounts and the point of view is very much grounded in reality, but without the harsh lens of skepticism. Warning: many of the topics involve real world deaths and tragedies, and exploring horrors inspired by human fear and prejudice.

iloveyoudie
add my stuff plz

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:43 pm
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Chilling Tales for Dark Nights (website & youtube)
What is it? Narrated creepypastas, short horror stories, or even things by actual horror authors (HP Lovecraft and several others).
Do you have anything to say about it? Standard warnings about some of this being creepypastas that are narrated but there are several stories that they have brought to life that very much embody the feel and lore of Ashdown. It's not just horror but also science fiction, mystery, and that feeling that you really should have left well enough alone and you didn't.

iloveyoudie
add my stuff plz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:19 pm
added to here  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:45 am
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: The Secret World, as well as its related games The Park, and more loosely, The Black Watchmen (I am 90% that it takes place in the same universe as the other two do)
What is it? GAMES
Do you have anything to say about it? TSW takes place in a modern setting with 'a secret paranormal world' tucked in among the normal things. Magical secret societies deal with the supernatural things. TSW itself has a few horror elements to it, the Park is definitely a creepy horror game dealing with the past of one area of TSW, and TBW is an alternate reality puzzle type game that may involve emailing sites set up specifically for the game.

iloveyoudie
add my stuff plz

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:08 pm
--updated to here  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:01 am
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: All Night Laundry
What is it? webcomic
Do you have anything to say about it? Horror, blood, injury, time travel, consequences, transgender characters, gay characters, murderers and super creepy cool nope creatures. Its interactive!!

iloveyoudie
add my stuff plz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 am
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Oxenfree
What is it? Video game
Do you have anything to say about it? Spooky, story-focused game about high schoolers on a deserted island where ~weird stuff~ is happening.

ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Stranger Things
What is it? Netflix series
Do you have anything to say about it? A gang of plucky youngsters (and some grownups) try to solve the mystery of their friend's disappearance into the "Upsidedown". Warnings for frequent jump scares, violence, and gore.

iloveyoudie
add my stuff plz

updated to here - 9/12/16  

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:54 am
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Goodbye To A World - Porter Robinson
What is it? Music
Do you have anything to say about it? This song always makes me cry, honestly, but I was listening to it a lot towards the end of the October-December 2016 meta; given our creation of a world that's our own (albeit in a dubious sense), a lot of the lyrics are uncomfortably spot-on. The song also has a very heavy sense of tension and weight to it, as the lyrics steadily become more distorted before eventually becoming nothing but noise at the end.

iloveyoudie
add my stuff plz

--updated to here--  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:36 pm
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Katherine Quest
What is it? Webcomic/Quest
Do you have anything to say about it? to quote the author's description:
'a fox who lives in a swamp wakes to find her husband gone, and goes on a journey to find her missing heart, which he took with him.
warnings for: intimate partner abuse, blood, self-harm, brief slurs, brief but graphic mention of rape, drowning; heavy warning for suicide.'

--added on 2/24/17--  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:37 pm
ASHDOWN VIBES
Name of thing: Fuan no Tane
What is it? Manga!
Do you have anything to say about it? Prepared to be a wee bit spooked. Or lot bit spooked. Or unsettled. It’s a collection of very short and mostly atmospheric stories dealing with urban legends, ghosts and superstitions all organized around a themes (each 'chapter' is a theme and each story is only a few pages long)

TRIGGER: Categorized as horror? It spooks.

--added 2/24/17--  
information services

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces