Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:07 pm
User Image

Here at Ashdown, we employ a SLIIIIIGHTLY nonstandard growth process. Mostly because we don't want to limit your creativity by imposing ours upon you! So, we've only got two standard stages (dreamer and riser). After that, how your character grows is up to you!

READ ONWARD, fair adventurer, and I don't know why I keep calling the reader that, stop asking  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:52 am
civilian to dreamer.
    Playing your character before they start dreaming is the best, fastest way to get a custom on this side of the Mississippi. Or any side of the Mississippi since, like, Mississippi is not a real thing. HOWEVER, it is not something you can Purchase. It simply comes to you, as if on the wings of a dream...

Ok well actually that's wrong. Turns out Mississippi is real. I lied to you, and I'm sorry.

You can get a civilian to dreamer upgrade through
  • roleplaying enough to draw attention to your character
  • an event where dreamer prizes are available
  • an auction for a custom dreamer, or
  • bribes, which open twice a year (in September and March).

The upside is, you can have an infinite number of civilians! But only three dreamers/risers/what-have-you. But hey, these things can grow infinitely, so why would you need more than three? Am I right?  

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:52 am
dreamer to riser.
    Having acquired a character (through event sale, flatsale, dark witchcraft done under non-light of the new moon) you are now squarely in the territory of Let's Get This Did and have concrete requirements to get anywhere!

Requirements to progress to the next stage ARE:
  • ONE completed event, which here means you participated in a story-moving roleplay and wrote at least 500 words, and
  • TEN completed RPs of any kind (including solos) in which you wrote at least 500 words, OR
  • TEN completed art pieces depicting your character doin' stuff. Art should be full-color with background if you intend to use it for growth. Quality is no object.

You CANNOT count Event RPs towards your RP requirement, as they are your event credit!

Once you've finished your requirements, take the links to them and post them into shibrogane's modbook to get your new power approved! As soon as your power is approved, you can then go to the artist thread of your choice and post to get your new art! (Make sure they're open for growths first.) Average growth turnaround is two weeks. If you've been waiting a month, speak to Silverah in her modbook.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:53 am
riser and beyond.
    The riser is the last formatted stage of your character's growth. This means that beyond this stage, what each new growth means for your character is up to you. Whether it means new powers or new appearances or new magic, you're the one making that choice. You're not alone, though; if you have questions or want advice, your fellow players are around.

Generally speaking, each time your character hits 'beyond' requirements, they get one major upgrade: either a magic power they can use outside Other Ashdown or a physical change. These upgrades stack, so you can have infinite 'beyond' stages and eventually end up looking like Tigris from the Hunger Games if that's what you want and an artist takes you on. At your first upgrade, this should be something small like a hair color change or claws, but as you gain more 'beyond' traits... welp. Who knows biggrin

As other players reach the 'beyond' stage, we'll start putting standard 'beyonder' requirements here. For now, in order to be considered for 'beyond' status, you need at least the requirements below.

Requirements to progress ARE:
  • TWO completed events, which here means you participated in at least two story-moving roleplays and wrote at least 500 words in each, and
  • FIFTEEN new, completed RPs of any kind in which you wrote at least 500 words, OR
  • FIFTEEN new, completed art pieces depicting your character doin' stuff. Art should be full-color with background if you intend to use it for growth. Quality is no object.

As before, you cannot count event RPs towards your RP count! They're your event credit. You also must have your power approved before you can request your new art stage.  

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:53 am
There's nothing here....  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:51 pm
other questions and answers
  • Can I count unfinished RPs towards growth?
    As long as you've written 500 words in the RP, yes. However, no more than three unfinished RPs can be counted towards a single growth.

• I completed more events than I needed to grow to my next stage.
    Okay, so, you can't count every RP you do under the aegis of an event towards your RP. But if you hit the event participation requirement in multiple events, then you can count each extra event as two RP credits towards your growth to your next stage. So if you originally completed the event as a dreamer, you can use it for your Riser->Beyond growth. Events cannot be used to obtain bonus powers or meta information!

• How should I count drabble RPs?
    DRPs, or drabble RPs, are meant to be rapid-fire and short-form. If you're not typing short tags in them, please consider treating them as regular RPs! That said, you count a drabble RP as a single RP. If it's something like a cell phone thread, as long as you are actively using it in each stage you can count it as one RP in every stage. (So, if you have a cell phone thread and actively use it in Dreamer, Riser, and Beyond2 stage, you can use it towards growth in Dreamer, Riser, and Beyond2.)

• Can I use the RPs/Solos that I used for my Noble/Warg/Were reqs for growth?
    This is a no-can-do! Class changes are considered a type of growth and therefore RPs and solos you used towards it cannot be used for growth. They are used up and req-dead.

• What about my quest RPs/Solos? Can I use those towards growth?
    Absolutely! This is exactly what your quest RPs and solos should be used for!

• When can I start counting new RPs/Solos/Events towards my next stage?
    As soon as your power is approved you can start counting towards your next stage!

• I have another question.
    Please ask Shibe over DM (kibeth mistborn #6607) or PM the mule.

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

information services

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas