4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:35 pm
The TvTropes Initiative!
[Link to Hivestuck TvTropes page here]
[Link to Hivestuck Character page here]

Hivestuck has become a sprawling community, its heart rich with great fiction. Contributed by viewers like you! Story and characters alike are composed of a variety of things, and a lot of them are familiar to us. Plenty of those traits can be named, and so why not point out those building blocks?

Over at TvTropes, I'm hoping we can dedicate some space to this awesome RP and every part of it! That includes the overarching plot as well as the characters involved!

What is TvTropes?
TvTropes is an online wiki where media of all sorts is broken down into the archetypes that make them up, aka tropes. For a lot of people, it's a fun game to pin tropes that they believe helps make up the media. It's a casual place, and while being accurate is important, wit and fun is a huge part of it, too.

Feel free to check out the website. Just looking up your favorite movies, games, and TV shows can easily teach you the writing style of the site!

What can I contribute?
Well, it would be cool to have a list of tropes relating to Hivestuck in regards to the setting, plot, and past events! Only canon things, please.
There is also going to be a push for a Characters page, and so people's trolls can also be troped up individually, too.

How does it work?
Use forms below to submit tropes! Also, if you are submitting for a troll, please only submit for your own troll unless it is an "open source troll". While this is supposed to be fun, it's also supposed to have consent and being 100% safe for the Hivestuck community at all time! Some people may be uncomfortable if others submit tropes for their trolls, so please be kind.

How many tropes can I submit here?
As many as you like, whenever you're inspired to do so! You can post in batches for your trolls and/or for the main page if you like, or one at a time if you find one after another at different times. Please use a form per trope, though.

What if I want to let people submit tropes for my troll?
Submit your troll as an "open source troll"! There is a related form below. No matter what, though, your troll is your troll. If you think a trope shouldn't be there, or you no longer want people to submit for your troll, you can always ask to remove whatever you deem appropriate, whether it's a trope or your character from the list.

What if I want to remove a trope from my character's entry?
Then just ask here to remove the specific trope from the specific character!

Do I have to put tropes up myself on the TvTropes website?
Nope! This log is being used for multiple reasons. It keeps track of tropes in case of catastrophe and we have to start again from scratch, as well as general clerical reasons, and also so people don't have to sign up for an account on an external website and learn the nitty gritty to add to the fun! If you want to add your tropes, you can, but please make sure to log them here first so then we have record of them in case of said possible catastrophes! It never hurts to be careful.

Can I add tropes to the pages myself?
Yes! If anything new is recorded here, it's open to be added to the related pages. But please please please, if you intend to add your own additions to the TvTropes pages, log them here first! Also, keep in mind that only one person can be editing a page at a time. If you edit, try to make it fast so others have access. After all, there's a twenty minute time limit before someone else can accidentally wipe what you're working on! When possible, it would be great for any Hivestuck tropers to be communicating when they're going to be editing the pages.

Anything else?
Just that I would prefer that submissions for the character page are limited to trolls who are a part of the shop! No quest trolls, please.

If you want to add to the Hivestuck TvTropes Page:

[size=18]Let's take this to Tropetown![/size]
[b]Trope:[/b] [Linked trope here]
[b]Flavor text:[/b] [A short, informative explanation of the trope's relevance. It can vary from something such as "And how!" to "This is the result of x meta", for instance.]

If you want to add to the Hivestuck Character Page:

[size=18]I'm fleshing out a troll![/size]
[b]Troll's name:[/b] [exactly what it says on the tin]
[b]Character intro:[/b] [Optional! This is for the block above the character's tropes, which is reserved for a character summary. This should likely only be filled once except for when they go through character overhauls. Please remove this section if you are only submitting a trope for the character]
[b]Trope:[/b] [Linked trope here]
[b]Flavor text:[/b] [An informative, short explanation of the trope's relevance.]

If you would like to add your troll to the open source troll list:

[b]As owner of [troll's full name], I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry![/b]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:38 pm
Open Source Trolls
Note: if a troll is not on this list, and you are not their owner, you cannot submit a trope for them! If you have a trope you think really fits someone else's troll, inform them privately.
Quote:

Vremea Everai
Forera Serpen
Zindel Tagino
Kolako Thelsi
Reemus Grroou
Luxara Seleni

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:42 pm
Feel free to start submitting!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:17 pm
Let's take this to Tropetown!
Trope: Wham Episode
Flavor text: This happens at least once per meta as of late. Summer meta 2014, New OHC was bombed to smithereens, and to the shock and awe of many, Ganyma defected to the royalist side last minute. Summer meta 2015 upped the ante with Kursha's unexpected betrayal. And then at the end of the event, the remaining royalists found a space ship crashed into a burning Four Fronds.
-> Winter meta 2014 was a doozy, too. First a mysterious drought, and then brave trolls losing their lusii underground one by one set up a tense atmosphere. Then, bam, it was an unexpected not-totally-dead Aendal behind all of it.

Trope: Our Vampires Are Different
Flavor text: Rainbowdrinkers, natch.

I'm fleshing out a troll!
Troll's name: Luxara Seleni
Trope: Genki Girl
Flavor text: Despite growing up in the woods and having to avoid the harsher side of Alternia on the nightly basis, she's a major people troll and is almost always smiling. Multiple trolls have also noted her ability to talk on and on and on, to boot.  

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:00 am
Trope: All Trolls are Different
Flavor text: Based off of trolls from the webcomic Homestuck, the interpretation of these creatures as Candy-corn horned grey skinned humanoids with a complex relationship system is certainly different! (someone else can flavor this better I just wanted to be the person to stick this in)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:03 pm
Trope: Mix-and-Match Critters
Flavor text: Not all lusus in Hivestuck are combinations, but enough are to warrant this trope, in my opinion. There are a lot of neat and clever lusus designs that use animal mash-ups, ranging from jellyfish-snakes to moose-hippos, and many more.  

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:27 pm
As owner of Vremea Everai, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!

As owner of Forera Serpen, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!

As owner of Zindel Tagino, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!

As owner of Kolako Thelsi, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!

just popping these in!! i will probably try to get some tropes done when i can, i really like this idea!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:07 pm
As owner of Reemus Grroou, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!
As owner of Luxara Seleni, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!  

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:07 pm
I'm fleshing out a troll!
Troll's name: Eostre Diazzi
Trope: Girly Bruiser, Socialite, Beauty Mark
Flavor text: Girly Bruiser; She loves tea parties, chocolate, pink and boxing. Socialite; Rich blueblood who lives in the luxury town of Four Fronds, Eostre self-styles herself as a socialite. Beauty Mark; Obvious. She has a mole by her lip.

I'll add others when I think of them, haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:23 pm
As owner of Sarcel Cincil/Muerte Perist/Emiola Vivace/Trusci Modsat, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!  

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 am
As owner of Azrael Mortis, I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:56 pm
Hello friends, I am here to contribute, and hopefully people don't mind the sudden year+ bump!

As owner of [Buffel Obille], I give permission for others to submit tropes for their character page entry!  

tenaciousgadabout

OOC Stuff

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff