Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 pm
Welcome to the Bookclub!
Roleplay is awesome. Like getting sucked into a good book, immerses the reader in complex characters and twisting plots. RP elicits joy, laughter, excitement, and even inspires tears! In Hivestuck we all love RP; it's the whole foundation of our shop. Reading others' roleplays is a great way to get involved with the community, understand the intricate web of plotlines going on in the overarching meta and the interplay between characters. Especially in Hivestuck where the worldbuilding is primarily user-based, terminology, settings and even the very history of Alternia can be learned just by reading the hundreds of roleplays (and counting!) in the shop. The world grows as quickly as we can write it, so let's get reading!

The Bookclub is a casual group that aims to meet regularly! Our goal is to read and discuss a roleplay created in the shop each meeting, with the potential for future meetings to include multiple roleplays or perhaps have readings of the roleplays in question. The group is not intended to be a critique of the writing, but rather a loose, fun, open discussion about the roleplay in question and how it plays into the shop and the characters involved!

Meetings
Meetings will take place in the Bookclub skype group, run by seekingCylem. If you are interested in joining the group, please post below, PM or IM seekingCylem. If you are unable to use Skype, we will need to discuss accommodations! I will announce the next meeting details in this thread and in the Skype group, and potentially in the guild thread. All users, whether you currently own a troll or not, are welcome.

RP Nominations
Roleplays will be chosen based upon user nomination! You may nominate any completed RP from participating Bookclub members (please see the post below for more information on nomination permission). This can include event-related RPs! If you have any questions about whether a RP counts, feel free to contact Sypon. To nominate a RP to add to the Great List of RPs, post in this thread. Please nominate only one RP per meeting!

Preparing for the Meeting
The RP to be discussed in the meeting will be posted beforehand, so you can read it at your leisure! Other than that, just show up and have a good time!

If the first RP discussion ends quickly, we will move onto another nominated RP from the list that is "on deck". Feel free to read these "on deck" RPs (or heck, read the whole list so you're prepared for anything)!

Rules of the Club
1. This is a discussion but not a critique! Be positive! Be constructive!
2. Be mindful of slower typists! Let everyone say their piece before we move on from any one conversation topic.
3. Try to keep non-bookclub convo to a minimum while we're having the meetings (we can just use the Hivestuck chat to spam about other gunk)
4. If you don't feel like talking, feel free to just sit in!

Questions?
Feel free to ask 'em in this thread!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:47 pm
Next Meeting:
TBA

RP:
TBA

The Great List of RPs
on deck:
A Magnetism to Her (Forera + Cerpin)
Band-Aid Fix (Elidae + Kursha)

Suggest an RP:
[b]I'd like to nominate:[/b] [title of rp and link - please include troll names in the title]

NOTE:
If you would like to nominate a roleplay, please first check to see if the users involved are on the list below! If one of the RP participants is not on the list, please request their permission before nominating the RP in question.
Quote:
Sypon
seekingCylem
melona-pan
amicableAggressor
quite uneventful
KitsuneAura
DraconicFeline
Kimbley Kitty
Gl!tch~
PeanutButterpies
Melancholies
Magician Arcana
Katanari
blackbird cake
leon_a_darkangel
Wizardy Herbert
Skyli Peep
saihen

The following users have requested not to be nominated; please don't send them any inquiries concerning nominations!
Quote:
N/A

If you would like to be excluded from RP nominations, please PM or message seekingCylem.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:02 pm
--

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:06 pm
--

Sypon
Vice Captain

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:20 pm
ok reserves over, post below!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:30 pm
I'd like to nominate: Face to Face (Kursha x Stryke)  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:42 am
I'd like to nominate: Save the Last Dance (Rasali & Aandes)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:53 pm
I'd like to nominate: Broken Wings - Sinter, Tamiya, and Odette  

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
Sypon rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:17 pm
Rolling for the first RP on the docket! Hooray!

Results - Broken Wings

----

Meeting 2 nominations can now be posted below!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:25 pm
I'd like to nominate: Reduced Punishment - Forera, Vulpin, Dadyma Ganyma  

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 am
I'd like to nominate: SHUT UP AND EAT (Frossa + Hazzan)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:56 am
I'd like to nominate: Who is the Better Hero? (Keionx and Etsali)  

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:01 pm
I'd like to nominate: Resurgence - Luxara x Kursha  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Sypon rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:22 am
Rolling for the next RP! (Removing Sypon/Cylem/Kitty RPs for now just so we're not double-booking the club yuk yuk yuk)

We're reading Face to Face!

--

Post any new nominations you'd like below!  
OOC Stuff

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff