Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

when: sometime after bloodfest '15 and the rebel investigation
where: odette's hive in nhc on a rainy night

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:06 am
Akko was postively drenched.

While she didn't particularily mind the rain, she absolutely loathed being wet. Especially the way wet clothes clung to you- it just felt so... uncomfortable and restricting. Even if Byakko had predicted that it would rain that night, she didn't actually own an umbrella. Accordingly, the mutant darted from various overhangs as she hurried along the crowded streets of New Hemisect City, doing her best to avoid the cascading droplets.

She was there strictly on business. A meeting with Odette Cygnet about the redblood's promotion, to be precise. Byakko rarely came around these parts of Alternia unless it was absolutely necessary, since large cities made her generally uneasy. So many lurking threats- the military being at the forefront of her endless checklist. The mutant usually avoided the downtown core at all costs, but not that night. Upon suggestion of having their meeting at Odette's hive, Byakko had been hesitant to decline. Would it have seemed rude? She wanted to be accommodating, given everything the rebels had been through recently; especially after Odette and Vremea's reactions to how things with Errade panned out. They exchanged apologies at the brooding cavern, but... Akko had spent countless hours since still agonizing over the situation, and was relieved they would have a chance to finally talk one on one.

Shivering under her robes, Byakko drew them tighter around herself as she slunk over to the front of Odette's hive. Fishing out a soggy piece of paper from her pocket, she reconfirmed the address before reaching out to knock on the door. Akko paused before her knuckles made contact, fist in the air, staring emptily in front of her. A pang of nervousness shot through her gut. Akko recomposed herself before rapping against the door frame, dropping her arm loosely to her side.

Byakko sucked in sharply, and waited.

Kimbley Kitty
( o ェ o) pls help

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Odette wrung her wrists nervously, studying her small hive from the doorway. With the living furniture in the middle of the room, there was hardly much space to move, but that wouldn't be a problem, right? She supposed she could move the chaise a bit to the left, but would Byakko mind sitting so close? Or perhaps she could lift the curtains on her wall mirrors? That did help make the studio feel a bit larger. But they did look lovely...

The knock rapped loudly through the studio, and Odette squeaked, startled out of her thoughts. That had to be Byakko, she thought, body tensing. Dusting herself off and tucking back her hair, Odette took a second to compose herself before opening the door. She greeted the rebel leader with an excited smile.

"Byakk— Oh, nooo" Odette covered her mouth, shocked by Byakko's sorry state. The redblood didn't anticipate this, what with being concerned over the state of her own hive, she hardly noticed that it was raining outside. Poor Byakko, she looked like an abandoned baby meowbeast. Odette had to restrain herself from treating the rebel leader as such a creature, biting her tongue to keep from exclaiming 'You poor thing!' and doting on her.

Instead, the redblood opened the door wide, ushering her inside. “Come in, please,” she urged. A chaise and a loveseat— both adorned with lacy little pillows— were set up in the center of the room separated by a side table. Sitting on the table was Odette’s carnivorous plant, Seymour, surrounded by smaller photos and knickknacks.

“Have a seat,” Odette offered nervously, quickly correcting herself. “Oh, but your robes! I could hang them up if you’d like.” She didn’t want to reach out and grab the garment off the girl, but surely she could imagine Byakko didn’t want to sit in soggy wet clothes. “I have blankets, and a change of clothes, if you need it,” She added. Odette rubbed her wrists nervously, hoping she wasn’t being too pushy or doting. She had a great, mature respect for Byakko, and she wanted to make sure that it showed.

melona-pan
help is on the way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:19 pm
"Hello, Odette." Her eyebrow twitched, well aware of how wretched she probably looked in contrast to their previous encounters. Byakko's voice was flat, lifting one hand to awkwardly wave at the lowblood in greeting. The sleeve of her overcoat profusely dripped. She did indeed look like a half drowned meowbeast, shivering and brooding under her hood. It was kind of embarrassing.

"Thanks." The rebel shuffled into Odette's hive, leaving a wet trail behind her. She was overjoyed to get out of the rain, although her face hardly showed it- as always, her expression was blank, even as she internally marvelled over how downright exquisite the lowblood's cramped hive seemed to be. Talk about making the best out of your situation. The only other place Akko had been that was comparable had been the lavish hotel she had stayed at during Bloodfest. She resisted the urge to shake off like some sort of woofbeast- everything just looked so pristine, Akko was certain Odette wouldn't appreciate it.

Instead, she hunched over and lingered beside the seats- despite Odette's offer, she was hesitant to leave a dirty wet stain on the lowblood's nice things. Rubbing at her upper arm, the mutantblood glanced around Odette's hive, humming once she fell silent. "Mmm, it's probably best if I dry off first." Nodding firmly, Byakko began to peel off both layers of her soaking robes, unabashed at the idea of essentially sitting around in what were her underclothes. Collecting the sopping fur and robes into her arms, Akko paused for a moment before holding them out to Odette.

"A blanket sounds acceptable."

Kimbley Kitty
( ㅇㅅㅇ) she just rly doesnt like being wet

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:24 pm
Oh no. She looked mad. Odette held her hand over her lips. She really should have been more considerate. Quickly, she took the clothes out of Byakko's hands, and moved to hang them up on her coat rack. "Sorry, give me a moment," She mumbled, rushing around the small room. She disappeared behind a curtain into the ablutionblock, retrieving a fresh, folded towel. Wasting no time, she offered the towel out to Byakko. It was a fancier towel, deep black in color, embroidered and everything, though in one glance it was obvious the initials were not her own. Just as soon as she handed it off, she moved about the room again, looking for a suitable blanket.

Ah, there! In the cabinet beside her recuperacoon, a quilt of Athene's design. It wasn't the thickest garment, Odette supposed, but it had to do. She gathered the blanket, handing it off to Byakko with a small smile. Hands free, she fidgeted with her fingers, doing her best to keep eye contact with the rebel leader. "Do you like tea, Miss M— er, Byakko? It could help warm you up," She explained, blush creeping up her face. Byakko didn't seem like much of a tea drinker, Odette thought. Coffee seemed more fitting for her more... bitter attitude. She didn't have anything else to offer, though! She really was an inconsiderate host, wasn't she?

aaa melona-pan
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:25 am
Accepting the neatly folded towel, Byakko examined it briefly in her hands before shaking it out and glancing back to Odette, delivering an appreciative nod. Wringing out her hair, she peered out from under the fabric to watch the redblood flutter gracefully around her hive. She was so dainty, ever so polite; in her natural environment, it was almost difficult for Byakko to envision Odette as the same troll who had fought fang-and-nail beside her so many times. Almost, anyway. Her thinkpan wandering back to that wretched night with Errade, but she forced herself to snap back to the present. Draping the dampened towel across her shoulders in order to wrap herself in the quilt offered out to her, she cleared her throat with a light cough.

"A hot drink does sound appealing," she confessed, still faintly trembling under the blanket. Gritting her teeth and clenching her stomach, she willed the shaking to stop. "That's very... gracious of you." As much as she just wanted to dive into the matters at hand, Akko was still chilled to the core from the miserable trek out to the city. Not to mention this whole genteel etiquette thing was firmly out of her expertise. Patience was a strength of hers, at least. Moving to settle on the loveseat, she drew the quilt tighter around her frame and shifted on the plump cushioning to find a comfortable position.

Akko carefully patted her braid off, mindful not to mess up the weave of the strands. She thought back to the last time she had seen the redblood. "I was present at Bloodfest for... some reconnaissance matters. I saw some of the fashion show. You placed first, correct?" She silently hoped that offstage, Odette hadn't seen Zeffer's own performance. Or the camera pan to her in the crowd beside Aprife, choking and covering her face during Regina's critique, of all the ******** trolls in Alternia. Byakko rigidly continued. "Impressive- the crowd seemed to adore you." Bloodfest was all fun and games, and after the calamity within the rebellion's ranks, Byakko understood it was a way for the others to let off some steam- even if that wasn't her way. But the lingering question that had been on her mind ever since seeing Odette twirl and giggle and charm her way into the bloodpushers of the crowd was simple: could she use that same magnetism with decisive intent outside of some silly contest? An unassuming, alluring beauty adored by the public by night, and one of the heads of the phoenix by day.

"Do you do that sort of thing often?"

Kimbley Kitty
( ͠° ͟ʖ °͠ )

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:58 pm
Setting her electric kettle down, Odette paused to listen to Byakko, heat rising to her face as the leader brought up the recent events at Bloodfest. "You were there?" Odette said, wondering how much she had seen of the event. Had she seen the booth the scouts put together? She couldn't help but feel embarrassed about her actions during the event. She had behaved a little more flirtatiously than she would consider professional before her leader.

But Byakko seemed more focused on the fashion show, so perhaps Odette's worries weren't as necessary as she imagined. She turned on her kettle and paced over to Byakko, moving to rest in the chaise beside her. "I did place first, but I wouldn't think too much of it," Odette waved off the event like it was nothing major. It was only a silly little game, after all. Still, she paused, resting her cheek in her hand, smiling in the memories of the event. "I was only incredibly lucky, and I knew nearly half of the judge's panel..." Byakko would have known this too. Odette had few accomplices outside the rebellion, after all.

Besides, the only opinion that had mattered was the queen's, and Odette didn't particularly want to think about that, and she was certain Byakko wouldn't want to either. Absentmindedly, Odette traced the curl of her chaise's arm, continuing to reminisce. The crowd really did like her, didn't they? Odette didn't have any control over the audience's reaction, but everything worked out for the best.

She let out a soft laugh, almost humming to herself. "I suppose I've always tried to be a people pleaser," She explained to Byakko, glancing up to meet her eyes. "I guess it's just never worked out as nicely before," She added, trying to contain her smile out of politeness. It felt strange to be recognized by Byakko for something so silly, so uninvolved with politics. But Odette did have to admit to herself that it certainly felt good.

melona-pan
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:23 pm
"No need to be so humble. Actually, I have been placing a lot of thought on it." Byakko paused and tilted her head, giving Odette a long, contemplative stare. "It wasn't just luck- the audience found you endearing. Beautiful and pitiable. I suppose in context, it seems irrelevant to our cause. However..."

Byakko leaned back into the cushions, gazing up at the ceiling. "Despite what one might assume judging from my position, I've been told quite a bit that I'm, well, boring. It's probably true. I guess I'm proud of that." She returned her gaze back to Odette. "It allows me to focus on trolls like you who aren't. Help realize their quirks and natural abilities into full blown talents that benefit the rebellion. You're already there. The question before us is more how to utilize your skills."

"Frankly Odette, I think your words, and your face, are your strongest weapon. Don't misunderstand me- I've seen you on the battlefield and I'm not trying to underplay you there. But I don't overlook the value of a troll who is so closely wound with the Initiative, yet is seen as charming and unassuming by the public. There's great potential in that."

"Here is my proposition."
Byakko was never one to waste time with idle chit chat, tea already forgotten. She straightened up and leaned in towards Odette. "That you resume focus on your career as a performer, while still working behind the scenes with us, naturally. I have no doubts that you'd be able to find a way to spread your influence, given your talents and exposure thusfar. Bloodfest is a pretty big deal, right? Anyway, assuming you do so successfully, it would make travelling across Alternia with large caravans rather inconspicuous. We used to have safe houses dotting the planet, but I can only assume they're compromised. It would be suited for a resourceful troll such as yourself to build them back up again." One of Akko's hands popped out of the quilt to gesture around Odette's hive.

Byakko fell silent. Had they ever exchanged this many words before, one on one? It was her turn to feel a vague tingling at her cheeks, which she promptly concealed with a shrug. "Sorry. That was a lot of words. What I'm getting at is that having one of us undercover in the public eye like that will open up a lot of channels. The networks and resources you build can be valuable to us."

"Is that... something you'd be interested in?"

Kimbley Kitty
(=ΦエΦ=)

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:38 pm
Odette fell tense. She pulled her knees together, ankles crossing over one another as she tucked her feet under the space between the chaise and the floor. Shoulders tight, she rested the palms of her hands over her knees, trying to present herself as professionally as she could muster.

Lips pursed into a tight line, she tried to listen to Byakko as carefully as she could, but found herself tripping up over her own thoughts. Was she really thinking she could be a successful performer, and one that could get away with meddling in the rebellion on the side? Odette frowned, eyes falling to her hands as she thought over the proposition. It wasn't a bad idea, or one that she didn't want to be a part of. It was something she wanted more than anything. But it just felt... impossible. She could never have a life that nice. She never once in her life anticipated her pipe dream might come true.

Not wanting to keep Byakko waiting, Odette turned her head back up as soon as she remembered her leader was still in the room. Her face was bright red, bloodpusher thumping rapidly in her chest as if it might burst. She did her best to paint a smile on her face, though her nervousness was evident. Opening her mouth to speak, only a small, cracked note came out, followed by a light, nervous cough. She felt so weak in front of the rebellion's fearless leader.

"Y-yes of course... I'd do anything to help," Odette finally stammered out, bringing a hand up to her chest, finger tracing over her clavicle. "It means a lot that you think so highly of me... That you're giving me this responsibility." She turned her eyes up to Byakko's, shoulders tensing again. "What you're offering me, it's- it's my biggest dream and more. To be able to perform, and support the initiative through that... I can't even believe it."

Odette bit the inside of her lip, holding back tears with a fierceness that only made her face redder. She had to keep it together in front of Byakko. She could prove herself as capable— as valuable to the initiative.

melona-pan
( ◉◞౪◟◉)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:39 pm
Odette's jittering body language spoke volumes. Under the blanket, Akko fidgeted and drew her knees closer to her chest. She did her best to soften her expression, look more relaxed to help put the other at ease during this momentous moment- but she came off as statuesque and stony as always.

"Well, you've been with us quite some time, and you've contributed more than most members. I meant every word I spoke back in front of the Mother Grub. The Initiative wouldn't still be around without you, and you have my full trust."

Drawing a long breath, Byakko looked down at the quilt wrapped around her warming frame, finger following the pattern of the stitching. "I was practically brought up within the Initiative. It's the only passion I've ever really known. I imagine it took a toll putting aside something so important to you in order to fight alongside us." There was a tinge of guilt in the last statement. Given the physical nature of dancing, Odette was always at risk of losing the means to her passion. Meeting the redblood's watery gaze with an unwavering stare of her own, she continued.

"But if we can focus your energy and hit two wingbeasts with one stone, so to speak, then we should go for it. You're strong. I believe in you."

Kimbley Kitty
(*•̀ - •́*)و ̑̑

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:04 pm
Byakko's praises hit hard, slowly shedding Odette's nervous attitude. It was true, she had done so much for the rebellion. There was so much sacrifice she had given to support them. In reality, she had never really given it much thought. The loss of her lusus was never something she blamed on the initiative, when they were the ones to support her after the fact. They protected her, made her strong again. She wanted to stand in solidarity for them, to make them proud. Not just for Byakko, for all of them.

Byakko trusted her, she thought she was strong. She believed in her. Odette swallowed hard, hands balling into shaking fists. She felt a fire in her chest, burning bright and fueling her with raw excitement and pride. Suddenly, she spoke up, her voice raised above it's typical whisper. "Thank you, Byakko! I'll do everything I can! For you and the initiative."

Odette sat straight up in her seat, fists resting on her knees. Her expression was serious, but she couldn't help but give off a proud smile. "You have my word."

melona-pan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:02 pm
A glow spread through Byakko, a warming mixture of pride and appreciation. Odette had grown so much since first attracting Byakko's attention with her powers at Aendal's hive many sweeps ago; her body language alone was testament enough to that. Akko had the utmost faith in the redblood's abilities.

A rare, but genuine smile spread across Byakko's face to match Odette's own. It wasn't particularly wide, and far from beaming, but it was tangibly there. She leaned forward in earnest to speak. "And you have mine that I'll do whatever is in my power to support you." The atmosphere was thick with reason. It was extremely gratifying to see Odette light up with motivation, that her words were capable of galvanizing others into action. Akko wasn't quite sure when she had honed that skill, but knew with certainty that she had learned from watching her own guardian.

"Together, we can build the Initiative up and make a difference."

Kimbley Kitty
i was gunna have the kettle whistle and interrupt their moment at the end but i realised electric ones dont do that huh lmao

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas