Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply ❹ Sinnoh Region
Professor Rowan's Lab Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:21 pm
SpectralEternity

User Image

Rown frowned, but said nothing. He could tell the girl had no intention of complying, at least at first. He straightened, lifting his head up, eyes widening, though not in fear, at the sight of the gun. It was more of a glower, the glare of a father who had just found that his kid had snuck into his study and made a mess of everything. He continued to stare down at her, his hands behind his head, but collected himself, moving, and stepping back, letting her pass-- and then speaking, while one of his aides quickly and stealthily ran for the phone.

"You should be aware, miss, that this lab is full of pokemon very capable of defending it, and that you won't be leaving without at least a few of them on your trail," he remarked calmly, glancing back to see one of his aides nod, "And that the police will be on their way very shortly. If you would prefer, I can easily dismiss all of that if you'll just take a moment to be registered properly... but if you would rather do this the hard way, you've at least been informed." He narrowed his eyes, standing tall. "Good luck on your journey." Pokemon were already being released, ready to try and track her down if she fled.

~ Scarlett stole ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                      Level 5 Piplup
                                      Moveset:
                                      Pound - 35 damage
                                      Growl - Lowers target's attack by one stage

Unlimited pokeballs
                                      unlimited potions
                                      and one pokedex

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:42 am
User Image

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User ImagexxxxUser Image

User Image

-/3 Movement | 3/- Pokemon Encounter | 3/15 Trainer NPC | Item Bumps: 3/30 Heat Rock | Elgyem Egg Hatches: 10/30 | Cypher FP Gauge: ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ (3/5 for 1st ♥︎) | Wishlist: Dusk Ball, Dawn Stone, Expert Belt x2, Lagging Tail, Choice Scarf

Team OOB: User Image

Scarlett simply grinned at Rowan's words as she continued to make her way towards the exit. "Thanks for tha warnin' professor, I'll keep that in mind, but I shan't be givin' in that easily. I like a good challenge~" Scarlett practically sneered. Was she making things harder than she needed to be? Probably, but she this man wanted to try and force her into rules and regulations, and that just wasn't Scarlett's style. She would be taking her Piplup and the other goods she had swiped without the need of an old bag of a man breathing over her shoulder and watching her every move like a Talonflame. No thank you. She was a big girl, she was sure she could handle this on her own. Why did the league need to register every pokemon that left the lab anyways? All the hubub seemed more about the pokemon, not so much registering her.

Whatever the case, Scarlett was taking off through the lab doors in a matter seconds, knowing that there were already probably a few flying types on her tail. It was a good thing she had Cypher out at the ready... A Conversion to electric type and a Zap Cannon would fend the pesky birds off her tail. She also needed to head into the trees for arial cover, that would help gain some ground in spite of the flying types after her. Flying types would be the first line of pursuit, since they would be faster, and keep up with Scarlett from above to mark her location. However, after that would come the land pokemon. Fast moving too, like Lucario, Scizor, Luxray.... Those would be the ones to worry about, since the trees would cover her for any aerial pursuit, that and the police. Scarlett was keeping all of this in mind as she bolted through the doors of the lab to get as much of a head start as she possibly could. Let the games begin... Scarlett thought to herself with a light smirk.

[Exit to Twinleaf Town]

User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ТЄАМ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

User Image User Image Rave | | Level 10 | 100/100 HP | Frisk | Jolly Nature, A bit hyper, Likes Music | 2/20 EXP | Holding: N/A | Screech (Lowers target's defense by two stages), Supersonic (Inflicts confusion), Tackle (50), Leech Life (20, User Recovers Half the HP Inflicted on Opponent)

Next Move; Level 11 - Gust

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image Aero | | Level 8 | 80/80 HP | Synchronize | Brave Nature, Gallant, Stands his Ground | 5/18 EXP | Holding: N/A | Growl (Lowers Target's Attack by One Stage), Confusion (50, 4/10 Chance of confusion), Double Team (Raises user's evasiveness 1 stage)

Next Move; Level 11, Disarming Voice

User Image User Image H.O.R.N.E.T. | | Level 5 | 50/50 HP | Adaptability | Serious; very protective of other robots | 3/15 EXP | Holding: Beedrillite | Poison Sting (15, 7/10 Chance of Poison), Fury Attack (15, 2-5 hits), Harden (Raises Users Defense One Stage), String Shot (Lowers Target's Speed by One Stage)

Next Move; Level 13, Focus Energy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image Glitch | 0 | Level 5 | 50/50 HP | Levitate | Impish, likes to play pranks | 3/15 EXP | Holding: N/A | Charge (Raises Sp. Def by one stage; Next Electric-type used does x2 damage ), Astonish (30, 4/10 Chance Flinch), Discharge (80, 7/10 chance to paralyze each target affected), Confuse Ray (Confuses Target)

Next Move; Level 8, Uproar

User Image User Image Poseidon | | Level 5 | 50/50 HP | Defiant | Brave Nature, likes to explore | 2/15 EXP | Holding: N/A | Pound (40), Growl (lowers target's attack one stage).

Next Move; Level 8, Bubble

User Image User Image Beta | | Level 5 | 50/50 HP | Analytic | Naive Nature, Tries to help and be informative, but is a little too smart for his own good | 0/15 EXP | Holding: N/A | Confusion (50, 4/10 Chance of confusion), Growl ( Lowers target's attack by one stage )

Next Move; Level 8 - Heal Block

[Inactive]

User Image User Image Delta | | Level 10 | 100/100 HP | Battle Armor | Serious Nature, never backs down from a fight | 1/15 EXP | Holding: N/A | Scratch (40), Harden (Raises user's Defense One Stage), Absorb (20 damage, Restores HP to the user equal to 1/2 of damage dealt )

Next Move; Level 11, Leer

User Image User Image Phi | 0 | Level 10 | 100/100 HP | Hydration | Calm Nature, Very Motherly | 0/15 EXP | Holding: N/A | Bubble (40, 1/2 chance of Lowering Opponent's Speed One Stage), Water Sport (Reduces base power of fire type moves by ½ for five turns ), Charm (Lowers opponent’s Attack by two stages )

Next Move; Level 16, Supersonic

User Image User Image Tick, Tock, Short Fuse, Bomber, and Splode | | Level 10 | 100/100 HP | Chlorophyll | Rash Nature, they all have quite a temper and like throwing Egg Bombs everywhere | 0/15 EXP | Holding: N/A | Barrage (15, hits 2-5 times ), Egg Bomb (100), Uproar (90 Damage, lasts 3 turns, and user can't sleep for the duration of the uproar ), Hypnosis (Puts target to sleep, however if used on the same target multiple times in a battle, the chance of this move working decreases per successful use )

Next Move; Level 11, Leech Seed

User Image User Image Gamma | 0 | Level 22 | 220/220 HP | Iron Fist | Quiet Nature, Likes to Observe | 4/16 EXP | Holding: N/A| Mega Punch (80), Shadow Punch (60, Ignores Accuracy and Evasiveness), Defense Curl (Raises user's defense 1 stage, doubles the power of rollout and ice ball as long as the user remains in battle), Rollout (Does damage over five turns (10, 20, 40, 80, 100), If Defense Curl was used any time prior to using Rollout, damage at each interval is twice the base amount.)

Next Move; Level 30, Dynamic Punch

User Image User Image Zelda | | Level 12 | 120/120 HP | Blaze | Vain Nature, Stuck Up and Spoiled | 8/22 EXP | Holding: N/A | Scratch (40), Sunny Day (Makes the weather Intense Sunlight for 5 Turns), Ember (40, 4/10 Chance of Burn), Solarbeam (120 damage, 1st turn charge, 2nd turn attack, hits in one turn if the weather is Intense Sunlight)

Next Move; Level 14 - Flame Charge

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image Siren | | Level 13 | 130/130 HP | Cute Charm | Naughty, has an Icy temperament when things don't go her way, likes to sing | 11/23 EXP | Holding: Lucky Egg; 3/7 Days Used | Wrap (15 damage, deals 2/16 of target's max HP 2-5 turns), Water Gun (40), Blizzard (110, 3/10 chance of target Freezing), Disarming Voice (40 damage, Never misses )

Next Move; Level 14 - Twister

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image Cypher | 0 | Level 14 | 140/140 HP | Adaptability | Quirky Nature, Can't Sit Still | 17/19 EXP | Holding: Silk Scarf | Zap Canon (120, inflicts paralysis), Psybeam (65, 5/10 Chance of Confusion), Return (Damage done = 10 base damage +20 per FP), Conversion 2 (Changes the user's current type to a type that either resists or is immune to the type of the move last used by the target.)

User Image

User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ I T E M S ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Key Items:

User Image Xtranceiver

[Contacts]

User Image National Pokedex User Image Lucky Doubloon Loranne and Roxanne

Pokeballs:

User ImagePokeballs x ∞

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Primer Balls x ∞

Consumables:

User Image Potions x ∞

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Lum Berry x 15

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sitrus Berry x5

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cheri Berry x 5

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sweet Hearts x 5

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rare Candy x 1

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Big Mushroom x 3

Held Items:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Lucky Egg x2

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Moonstone x 1

Other:

Badge Case

User Image

Kanto

Johto

Hoenn

Sinnoh

Unova

Kalos

TM Case

User Image

-TM 83 Infestation

User Image User Image
User Image
User Image  

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:18 pm
User Image
Gavyn

Post Count: leave area: 1/3 ₪ Wild Pokemon encounter: 1/- ₪ NPC encounter: 1/15 ₪ item count: Heart Scale : 1/10 || Area Specific: --- : -/-

Wearing: A green turtleneck and a pair of brown corduroys

"M-merlin... are you sure this is... appropriate?" the brunette questioned his Clefairy companion, just outside of the lab. "Yeah, 'course it is, Gavy. The first step to understanding this time is to pick up a starter... and a pokedex!" he responded, giving his trainer a little toothy smile. Gavyn shuffled a bit nervously just outside the door. Back in his time, he had already gotten a starter and done his journey. But things were so much different now, and he only had Merlin around. He wasn't familiar with this region at all, but... when he was studying his options, he felt himself really strongly wanting a turtwig, which is only offered in this lab. After a few more encouraging prods from Merlin, the bespectacled male took a deep breath and entered the lab.

He felt overwhelmed by the amount of technology surrounding him as he entered. He still wasn't quite used to all the blinking lights and the hums of these new machines. It was almost dizzying. "Uh-uhm... Er... Excuse me?" Gavyn tried to get the attention of a nearby lab assistant. He was too soft-spoken though, and was walked right by. The scrawny male slumped a bit, sighing. Even in this time period, he felt inept at getting people's attention. "Yo! Excuse me miss, would you mind helping out my friend?" Merlin stopped a female lab assistant. "O-oh! How cute~ Um- Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! Have you been waiting long?" she said, looking down at the Clefairy that had just spoke out via telepathy. She soon noticed the brown haired male and apologized. "N-no, no need to apologize. I'm sorry I wasn't loud enough... But, er... well, mayhaps you could find the Professor of this establishment, please? I... I'm here to inquire about getting a starter..." Gavyn responded to the woman sheepishly. "Of course, I'll go get him." she said, having had stifled a bit of a giggle at the boy's choice of words before going off to retrieve Professor Rowan.

[[ooc: just... quoted you all since i don't know which one of you would be most available. = w=; ]]

SpectralEternity

Loonamist

Misguided Royalty

Team: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Party Info:

Pokemon: Clefairy
Nickname: Merlin
Nature: Pretty knowledgeable and can be sassy. Adores his trainer and will stick with him through thick and thin.
Lv. 10
HP: 100/100
Ability: Magic Guard – Prevents indirect damage from weather conditions, status ailments such as burn and poison, and attacks such as curse, leech seed, and fire spin, but it does not stop them from being induced. [see list for more details]
Hold Item:
Attacks:
Psychic - 90 || 1/2 chance of lowering opponent's Special Defense by one stage
Disarming Voice - 40 || Ignores accuracy & evasiveness
Healing Wish - User faints and the next pokemon released is fully healed and cured of all conditions.
Sing - Puts target to sleep, however if used on the same target multiple times in a battle, the chance of this move working decreases per successful use
Exp: 1/15

Out of Party:

Items:

Sweet Hearts: 5
Crystal Shard: 1
=====(Berries:)
=====(Badge Case:)
=====(Other:)
an old sketchpad
old broken locket with family pictures inside
a couple of books

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:09 pm
Vigilia

User Image

Rowan was scribbling notes down furiously within his office, not that he himself was angry, but the sound of pen on paper was clearly audible and moving fast. It didn't stop when the aide that Gavyn had talked to knocked on the door and let herself in. "Did I say you could enter?" He stated gruffly, his eyes never leaving his paper. "Calm down, I knocked." She defended. "Yes, you knocked, but that's irrelevant information and doesn't answer my question." Rowan shot back. "Your question was rhetorical." "No it wasn't, I expected an answer." Rowan still hadn't looked up from his desk and the aide sighed. "No, you didn't say I could come in. What, do you want me to leave and start over so I can do it properly, or do you want to quit wasting time with this nonsense and go tend to the new trainer who's waiting for his starter outside?" She insisted, and finally Rowan paused in his work. "A new trainer...? Why didn't you say so earlier?" The aide scoffed. "Because you started harping on me about entering your office withou--!" "That question was rhetorical." Rowan interrupted as he stood, and after giving an exasperated sigh, the aide moved out of the doorway to let Rowan pass, but stopped him before he got out. "Professor..." Rowan arched a brow. "Yes? What is it?" The aide hesitated a moment. "Just.... Take it easy on this one, okay?" "....Hrmph." Rowan gave a hoarse scoff and set out to greet the shy bespectacled boy waiting near the front of the lab.

It didn't take long for Rowan to find Gavyn, and once he spotted the trainer to be, he made his way over. "So, you would like to get a starter from what I hear." Rowan stated boldly. It was just his way of professional talking. "I am professor Rowan, what might your name be lad?" He inquired. "Any ideas as to which starter you would prefer?"

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:19 pm
User Image
Gavyn

Post Count: leave area: 2/3 ₪ Wild Pokemon encounter: 2/- ₪ NPC encounter: 2/15 ₪ item count: Heart Scale : 2/10 || Area Specific: --- : -/-

"I-I-I'm t-terribly sorry for interrupting your studies, Professor!" Gavyn yelped out apologetically, bowing his head as soon as Rowan had approached. "Uh... Gavy, It's kind of his job to help new trainers..." Merlin mentally reassured his trainer. The brunette straightened out, fidgeting a bit out of nervousness. "S-sorry... er... My name is Gavyn Woods. And I come to request a turtwig... that is, if it is quite alright with you...?" He responded to the gruff man.

[[ooc: owo ]]

SpectralEternity

Quote:

Quote:

Party Info:

Nature: Pretty knowledgeable and can be sassy. Adores his trainer and will stick with him through thick and thin.
Lv. 10
Ability: Magic Guard – Prevents indirect damage from weather conditions, status ailments such as burn and poison, and attacks such as curse, leech seed, and fire spin, but it does not stop them from being induced. [see list for more details]
Hold Item:
Attacks:
Healing Wish - User faints and the next pokemon released is fully healed and cured of all conditions.
Sing - Puts target to sleep, however if used on the same target multiple times in a battle, the chance of this move working decreases per successful use
Exp: 2/15

Out of Party:

Items:

an old sketchpad
a couple of books

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Vigilia

User Image

There was an invisible smirk of amusement hidden under Rowan's mustache as he stifled a chuckle when Gavyn apologized profusely. He could see now why his aide had been so insistent that he take it easy on this poor boy. Rowan was aware he was a little rough around the edges with new trainers, he just never actively tried to reign it in. In his opinion, if trainers couldn't take some stiff instruction then they shouldn't be entrusted with a pokemon, but he would go easy on this one. As much as Rowan hated to admit it, he had a soft spot for trainers like Gavyn. "Gavyn hm? Well mister Woods, if you want a turtwig then it's fine by me. There are however a few things we need to take care of before I can give it to you. Come." He motioned for the boy to follow him towards the back of the lab. "Quickly now, I haven't got all day." Rowan urged the boy, turning a corner and entering the incubation room. He plucked the turtwig's pokeball from the machine and began running a few programs to register it under Gavin's name. "Feel free to stock up on the supplies in this room. Pokeballs, potions, they're yours. Though please only take one pokedex, can't go handing five of them out willy nilly to one trainer, though honestly you only just need the one anyways." Rowan said with a wave of his hand.

He finished registering the turtwig, and was about to hand it over, but he noticed that Gavyn hadn't moved to take anything. "...Am I to assume that you don't need any supplies, or do you expect me to do all the work for you?" He suggested with a furrowed brow. It wasn't really a scowl per se, but... It was close enough that it may as well have been.

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:01 pm
User Image
Gavyn

Post Count: leave area: 3/3 ₪ Wild Pokemon encounter: 3/- ₪ NPC encounter: 3/15 ₪ item count: Heart Scale : 3/10 || Area Specific: --- : -/-

Gavyn couldn't help but be nervous in the presence of this guy. He even squeaked a bit when he wasn't following him quite fast enough and told him move more quickly. "Y-yes sir! S-sorry..." he said, picking up the pace to follow Rowan. It wasn't long before they were in a room full of... lots of stuff. The professor told him to grab some supplies while he was doing something on one of the machines. Pokeballs...? Potions... wasn't that a mixture of particular herbs? What did a pokedex look like? Gavyn looked around desperately for any assistants that might give him a hint or something, but nothing helped. He ended up just staring at the things. The pokeballs, he deduced, must be the round objects. But... The spectacled male jumped a bit when Rowan questioned him about not needing supplies. Oh Mew... what should he do? Modestly, he grabbed one of each of the things in a rather unsure manner. To which Merlin face-palmed.

[[ooc: owo ]]

SpectralEternity

Quote:

Quote:

Party Info:

Lv. 10
Hold Item:
Attacks:
Exp: 3/15

Out of Party:

Items:

an old sketchpad
a couple of books

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 pm
Vigilia

User Image

Goodness this boy needed help. Rowan watched as Gavyn took one of everything with a bit of annoyance. "Are you daft...? I said take as much as you like, it's only the pokedex that you should need only one of." He insisted, pointing at the red box in Gavyn's hands. Handing the boy his turtwig, Rowan sighed and began gathering more of the potions, handing them to Gavyn. "Now is not the time to be modest boy. You're going off on your own with only your pokemon to protect you, and pokemon centers, while abundant, do not simply exist in every nook and cranny. As such, you will be needing several potions if you value your safety at all." Rowan insisted, switching to pokeballs. "Similarly, pokemon can easily break pokeballs, either by you, the trainer, using them improperly, such as throwing them at a pokemon at full health, or simply because you've got a feisty pokemon on your hands that even with the smallest amount of strength, they will refuse to be caught. As such only taking one pokeball is near useless in the feild. You will need much more even if you plan to only capture one other pokemon." Rowan lectured. Once Gavyn was properly prepared, Rowan finally backed off, looking over the boy with a stoney expression, perhaps a hint of concern as Gavyn gave him a look resembling a deerling in headlights. "...Bah...." He harrumphed, putting on a front of annoyance and crossing his arms. "Go on then, get going." He insisted.

Gavyn Has Received:

-National Pokedex
                                      -Unlimited Pokeballs
                                      -Unlimited Potions

Level 5
                                      Moveset:
                                      Tackle
                                      Withdraw

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:25 am
User Image
Gavyn

Post Count: leave area: 3/3 ₪ Wild Pokemon encounter: 4/- ₪ NPC encounter: 4/15 ₪ item count: Heart Scale : 4/10 || Area Specific: --- : -/-

Gavyn tensed up as the Professor spoke, explaining potions and pokeballs as he handed more of them over to him. The brunette put the items in his back as they were handed to him. "I-I'm sorry..." he muttered, embarrassed. He continued to mutter apologies the whole time until Rowan seemed to be done lecturing him. "Th-thank you sir!" Gavyn said after the man had told him to get going. And get going he did.

[exit to Twinleaf town]

[[ooc: ]]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Team: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Party Info:

Lv. 10
Hold Item:
Attacks:
Exp: 4/15

Pokemon: Turtwig
Nickname:
Nature:
Lv. 5
HP: 50/50
Ability: Shell Armor – Prevents attacks from critically hitting and reduces damage from Physical Attacks by 1/10 of the total damage.
Hold Item:
Attacks:
Tackle - 50
Withdraw - Raise user's physical defense one stage
-
-
Exp: 1/15

Out of Party:

Items:

Pokedex
Pokeballs: ∞
Potions: ∞
an old sketchpad
a couple of books

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm
♚ Marco De Rege ♚▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image
Finally...this is it. This is...
...not a moment I've been looking forward to.

Marco walked quickly towards the modest laboratory building he had been directed to, excited for having an excuse to get out of the cold winter air. He wondered to himself why he thought it'd be a good idea to start a journey in an unknown land half covered in snow when he had never dealt with the cold before.
He went over in his head what he remembered about the Professor who worked at the laboratory. Professor Rowan. He's ancient, commands a lot of respect among Pokemon researchers all over the place, and has a frigid demeanor, but is apparently a total pushover...and he's old.
Shoot.
Unluckily for Marco, those were all the qualities he disliked most in others, and he feared his relentlessly aggressive teen spirit would pit him against the professor. And worse, knowing the Professor would probably only be willing to give Pokemon to people who expressed an appreciation for them, he'd have to play up his charms enough to convince him he was worthy of the amazingly wonderful companionship of Pokemon. Or something like that.
Putting on a bit of false bravado he opened the doors, keeping his chin up high, and when he was inside he noticed the eyes of the aides working studiously around the room all focus on him.
There was a chorus of questions from the aides - "can I help you?" and "w-where are you going?" and "um, excuse me!" were all lobbied at Marco - but he walked past without so much as glancing over at them, his eyes focused on scouring the shelves for pokeballs. Instead the only item of interest he could find were candy bar wrappers overflowing from the trash cans. These guys really know how to live it up. He turned around and looked the aides following him through the room. They were patiently awaiting for him to finally say something, so he did, addressing nobody in particular-
"Yo! I just need one of those pokemon you got lying around here somewhere and I'm good to go, right? Thanks."

1/3 Movement ➜ 1/x Pokemon Encounter ➜ 1/15 NPC Encounter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Pokemon:
OOB:
Party:
PC:
Inventory:
Healing/Berries
Pokeballs
TM/HM
Key Items

SpectralEternity

giraffepilot

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:31 pm
giraffepilot
canDYBAR WRAPPERS OH MY GOD
That's brilliant. I love you. You win everything k thx here's your Rowan post. fite me m8 >:0000 YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPER GOT NOTHIN ON HIM

User Image

As the dirty news boy strolled through the laboratory, the aides were on edge. The last time a trainer had done something similar, she'd stolen her pokemon and supplies and held the professor at gunpoint, so naturally the aides weren't so keen on a similar experience, and were quicker to alert Rowan of the issue. Though before the old professor was able to reach Marcos, he had turned around to finally put the aide's minds at ease, or at least he seemed to try. "Actually, that's not quite how it works young man." Rowans voice spoke up as he entered the area at last. "Contrary to apparent popular belief, the pokemon you choose needs to be registered under your name and to your trainer license. That way the professors know you've been granted your starter and you can't go to another laboratory in Kanto and get say, a charmander." Rowan explained. "Also our pokemon are not simply, as you suggest, lying around. That would be cruel and careless. They're in a special containment unit, which is this way, if you would like one, I suggest that you follow me."

With that, he turned slightly to his side, looking over Marco to see if he would actually make a move to follow. Though, the professor did get an odd look on his face. "Egads, what is that smell...?" He shook his head and looked to his aides. "Don't tell me that you're running diagnostics on Bad Eggs again...." He asked accusingly, but the aides shook their heads rather hurriedly. No, the odor was coming from Marco, and eventually the old professor realized it with slight distain. A dirty boy with an obvious disregard for personal hygiene. What would walk through his office next?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:57 am
♚ Marco De Rege ♚
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image
Woah, that's a serious case of mutton chops right there, thought Marco as Rowan finally stepped on to the scene. Marco's assumptions that the Professor was some relic of a bygone age were correct. He listened attentively to the Professor's speech, given clearly and slowly as if rehearsed-which Marco figured it probably was.
It seemed all he had to do was fill out a form or two, and they'd practically give everything away to him. He was excited to get this over with as quickly as possible, but the Professor finished his explanation and before Marco had a chance to respond, he jeered about the smell coming off the unshowered boy and made a face. Marco wanted to smack it off.
What's this elitist sweatervest-wearing old-timer getting at? Marco could've sworn he showered at least once on the ship from Goldenrod. Or maybe he was just remembering that he was asked to...
His immediate urge was to say, oh? Excuse me, have I offended your olfactory senses, old man??? Maybe you need me to knock off your nose and throw it down your sticky candy-coated garbage bin and save you the trouble of having to point that out again, huh? But he suppressed his initial reaction to think of an alternative.
He thought back to the article he read, published by a Sinnoh news company, vaguely describing some theft involving a pirate threatening the Professor that took place at the lab. Marco wondered at first why anybody would bother stealing from this place if all they had to do was sign a paper and two and run off with a starter, but he figured this particular Professor was easily enough of an incendiary know-it-all to get someone to come after him.
Nevertheless, he knew about it, and he knew the Professor remembered it, and he knew the Professor knew he knew about it. Of course, it was leverage Marco wasn't too keen on bringing up. His attempt to present himself nonchalantly was shot, and he certainly didn't want to bring any more attention to himself, or associate himself with whatever type of careless lawbreaking that mystery pirate lady employed. So he took a second, stepped back, and collected himself.
Looking to excuse his funk and boost his Pokemon-loving cred in the Professor's eyes, he shrugged and said, "Ahh, well, I guess I'm a little bit too excited to meet my first companion today. And can you blame me for forgetting protocol? Hahaha," Marco grinned and gave his class 8 charming fake laugh, which has never failed him before, to reel in the Professor.
"Anyway, gee, Professor. That's a lot of words." He took a step closer to show the Professor he was ready to follow. "If you would please lead me to them, we can take a look at those Pokemon in their cozy little containment unit, I'll fill out the necessary paperwork and be on my way."

2/3 Movement ➜ 2/x Pokemon Encounter ➜ 2/15 NPC Encounter

Pokemon:
OOB:
Party:
PC:
Inventory:
Healing/Berries
Pokeballs
TM/HM
Key Items

SpectralEternity
OH!!! IT'S ON OLD MAN!!! FIGHT ME IRL!!!!!!

giraffepilot

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:02 am
giraffepilot
I WILL AHHH!!111!! But first I need to grow some fabulous mutton chops like Rowan to enhance the experience

User Image

Rowan had no idea how many insulting comments we being mentally thrown his way by Marco, which was probably good, because had they been said aloud, Rowan would have had the young man escorted out of the lab immediately. If it weren't for the red haired woman showing up a few weeks ago, saying something like that might have only gotten Marco a stern warning, but now the professor was not up for dealing with another young delinquent. He quirked a brow as Marco attempted to explain his lack of a shower by insisting that he was just so excited to meet his first pokemon. It was also apparently his reason for forgetting protocol. Rowan cleared his throat and sighed. "While I appreciate your enthusiasm, please do try to be more sensible in the future." Rowan scolded lightly, deciding to let the young man off with that warning for now. At least he was ready to meet his starter, so Rowan guided him towards the containment room. "Have you given any thought to which pokemon you would like?" Rowan asked as they entered the room, a medium sized space with the incubator like machine in back and the sides of the room lined with shelves and boxes all neatly organized. "One would assume that with your excitement you had a particular choice in mind." He suggested, opening the incubator with the push of a few buttons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:10 pm
♚ Marco De Rege ♚
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image
Marco shook his head no when Rowan asked him if he had a starter in mind. He really hadn't thought about this at all...not that he was going to alert Rowan about his irresponsible inability to think ahead.
He tried recalling the names of the pokemon kept at the lab as he walked towards the room with the professor, but they all escaped his mind. He wished he remembered the descriptions his boss gave him to work with to mull the choice over with-all he knew for sure was that he would have a choice between a grass, a water, and a fire type. Man...what did those even look like? Isn't there something like...a twig, a fat bird, and...I don't even remember.
Oh! Duh!
A fire type could keep him warm in the wintry region. Why would he ever need to learn important survival skills like starting a fire and cooking food when he could get a fiery little monster to do it for him? He had no idea what it even looked like but was comfortably settled on the idea nonetheless. He didn't need or have time to bother to think it through-he just went with his gut. Plenty of time to regret this later.
Marco looked up when the Professor suggested he have a choice for a Pokemon in mind.
"I'm in the department for something fiery and feisty." Like me.
He leaned forward to hide his frowning face and impatiently tapped his fingers against the bottom of the incubator. He wasn't excited, just anxious to get out of the lab as soon as possible and pray that he could make a better impression on his future friend than he did on the serious old man standing beside him.

3/3 Movement ➜ 3/x Pokemon Encounter ➜ 3/15 NPC Encounter

Pokemon:
OOB:
Party:
PC:
Inventory:
Healing/Berries
Pokeballs
TM/HM
Key Items

SpectralEternity
HOH

giraffepilot

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:41 pm
giraffepilot
<3

User Image

Rowan didn't look very impressed or surprised when Marco shook his head, confirming that he hadn't really thought of which starter he wanted. It was just like these headstrong young trainers to rush in without fully thinking through which starter was best for them. He would bet Marco didn't even know what starters were even available, and his guess was proven right when Marco simply asked for something fiery and feisty. "Hmph. Then I suppose a chimchar would be something you would like." Rowan suggested, opening the ball on the right to reveal the little fire monkey pokemon. "However, since you clearly have done no research or consideration on which pokemon is actually best for you, it seems a lecture is in order." Rowan suggested, opening up the other two pokeballs to reveal the turtwig and piplup within. "If you really want to go with a chimchar as your choice, it won't be easy to train. Fire types are notorious for that. Grass types like turtwig are typically the most docile of the three, and water types like this piplup are somewhere in between." He explained. "Aside from their development, while yes, each has a different typing, their later evolutions have different secondary typings, which is something else to consider. Piplup will eventually become water and steel type, turtwig will eventually become grass and ground type, while chimchar starts with fire and eventually gains fighting type as a secondary typing." Rowan droned on. "Each pokemon has it's own dietary and care taking needs. You would do well to look into this, otherwise your pokemon will grow sick, and even die in worse cases. Knowing all of this, if you still wish to choose a chimchar for your companion, then feel free to have it." Rowan gently tossed the pokeball at Marco so that he could catch it and then held out a tablet for him to sign. "Sign and put your information here so that we have it on record. Do you need a trainer license?" He asked. "Also, feel free to stock up on pokeballs and potions, I'm sure you'll need them. You will find them in those two drawers there." He indicated the drawers to Marco's left. "Lastly, here is your pokedex. It will act as your portable PC, and a wealth of information on each pokemon that you capture, including your starter. I suggest you read up once you've made your selection." This was all probably too much information for him, likely to go through one ear and out the other, but Rowan figured Marco would better learn through experience.

Marco Has Received:

-National Pokedex
                                      -Unlimited Pokeballs
                                      -Unlimited Potions

Level 5
                                      Moveset:
                                      Scratch
                                      Leer

❹ Sinnoh Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items