Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Dominic Maestro's Music Shop ~ OPEN!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:39 am
D O M I N I CxxM A E S T R O ' S

User Image

Owner: Newlyn McLellan
Workers: Samuel Lambert, Johanna Tempest
Hiring: Yes | No

The only music shop in Hogsmeade, named after its original owner, is now owned and run by one Newlyn McLellan. The inside has a rather rustic, old fashioned look, but seems very welcoming and has a warm and inviting feel. It is very, very clean, as the owner can't stand dust, and makes sure everything gleams and shines. The walls are decorated with pictures, paintings, and drawings of instruments and musicians. Some of the artwork was done by the owner herself. There is a large piano in a back corner that is occasionally being played quietly when the shop has no customers. There is a violin stowed away behind the front desk, and a guitar that is occasionally timidly taken off its shelf when Newlyn gets up the nerve to try and practice the chords she's learning. Up the creaky winding stairs in the back is a nicely decorated flat above the shop. Potential shoplifters beware- there are sharp eyes watching you, and trying to steal things that are built to make noise is not advised!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:03 pm
I N V E N T O R Y

- i n s t r u m e n t s -
violin (ranging from 30G to 99G)
guitar (ranging from 12G to 36G)
viola (ranging from 30G to 99G)
cello (ranging from 59G to 297G)
harp (ranging from 198G to 14,895G)
double bass (ranging from 99G to 497G)
banjo (ranging from 30G to 79G)
mandolin (ranging from 30G to 99G)
trumpet (ranging from 20G to 129G)
horn (ranging from 149G to 198G)
english horn (ranging from 149G to 198G)
trombone (ranging from 99G to 198G)
baritone horn (ranging from 60G to 99G)
tuba (ranging from 198G to 397G)
piccolo (ranging from 20G to 79G)
flute (ranging from 60G to 198G)
oboe (ranging from 198G to 596G)
clarinet (ranging from 50G to 99G)
saxophone (ranging from 99G to 198G)
bagpipes (ranging from 119G to 159G)
recorder (ranging from 8S to 3G)
snare drum (ranging from 10G to 40G)
bass drum (ranging from 20G to 40G)
cymbals (ranging from 5G to 15G)
triangle (ranging from 7S to 2G)
tambourine (ranging from 1G to 4G)
xylophone (ranging from 30G to 99G)
piano (ranging from 198G to 1589G)
harpsichord (ranging from 497G to 1,986G)
accordion (ranging from 596G to 993G)

- o t h e r -
strings (ranging from 26S to 4G)
reeds (8S, 12K)
cleaning cloths (8S, 12K)
cases (ranging from 5G to 30G)
beginners music book (1G, 8S, 9K)
intermediate music book (2G, 1S, 13K)
advanced music book (2G, 16S, 18K)
drum sticks (1G, 16S, 22K)
rosin (16S, 25K)
shoulder and chin rests (2G, 8S, 5K)
stands (4G, 16S, 11K)
mouthpieces (ranging from 3G to 15G)
mutes (ranging from 3G to 10G)
brushes (1G, 16S, 22K)
mallets (ranging from 1G to 4G)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:03 pm
M I S C E L L A N E O U S

- Anyone looking to apply for a job should speak to the owner, Newlyn! -

- A chalkboard in the front of the store is available for the artistic minded to doodle or just scribble on! -

- Currently looking for a cashier to run the register and an assistant, preferably musically knowledgeable, to help out with stocking instruments and keeping the shop organized! -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image
                                                Bow made love to needy string
                                                In cooing fling - wanton whispers
                                                Fondled under pianissimos,
                                                Caressing callous hearts.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ |♫| Tᴀʟᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ Vɪᴏʟɪɴɪsᴛ |♫| Aᴄᴏɴɪᴛᴇ Pᴀᴄᴋ

════════════════════════

Miles fiddled with the box in his hands, not quite sure where to put it. He was used to Jason and his usual glowering, but this was new territory. He'd just moved in with his girlfriend. Which was somewhat frightening, but not nearly on par with what he usually went through once a month. Okay, sure, turning into a monster once a month was enough to turn anyone grey (and he was certain that he had yet to encounter any white hairs in his red locks), he knew what to expect. Especially if he messed up his Wolfsbane. This? This was a whole new level of scary. He'd basically been drifting for the last five years from place to place, and while he had lived at Jason's for the majority of that time, right before that he went from living with his parents to living with Remy and her family before their untimely demise and Remy running off to Canada. He got the occasional post card from her, but he hadn't seen her in that time at all. Now, he was striking out on his own, kind of, but it almost felt like he was hopping from one home to another. He was certain Morven was going to hate him living with his sister. Then again, he was certain Morven hated a lot of things.

Sighing, he set the box down and opened it. He frowned as he looked at the contents, knowing he really didn't have much to his name beyond what he currently owned. His parents' savings and sale of their house had gone toward schooling, and it was that simple fact he knew they would have wanted to see him finish school that he hadn't dropped out after fifth year. Plus, there was Newlyn, and the fact that she would probably thwack him upside the head if he dropped school, too. The redhead gave a rueful chuckle as he went through each item in the box, sorting them through and trying to figure out where to put them. Okay, he had no idea where to put them where Newlyn won't get annoyed with them. As it was, he doubted that Newlyn would like to see the dog bone alarm clock he got just to annoy Jason with sitting on the bedside table. Stymied, he flopped down on the bed with a frustrated sigh, his hands coming up and covering his face as he groaned. This was a lot harder than he thought it would be, combining two lives. Maybe he wasn't cut out for this.
                                                "You know lass, I'm about ready to chuck that box out the window. I'm pretty sure you'll hate half of that's in there anyway."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Flat above Dominic Maestro's
                                                Thinking: I am sooooooooooooooo doomed!
                                                Taken By: Newlyn Vass
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And all in a work of musical art:
                                                Ephemeral stories, yarned of music
                                                Honed impossibly through her tones.

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:12 pm
Walking through the fields of gold,
In the distance, bombs can fall-
We're running free!
Facing light in the flow...
And in the cherry trees,
We're hiding from the world.

User Image
N E W L Y N
T A R A
V A S S

FORMER HUFFLEPUFFBLOOD TRAITOROWNER OF DOMINIC MAESTRO'S

Newlyn was thrilled and doing an exceptionally bad job of hiding it. Then again, it wasn't every day your boyfriend moved in with you. She and Miles had officially been together for a few years now, and she was twenty one and him nineteen. She hadn't wanted to pressure him to come live with her as soon as he graduated school, but she hadn't exactly expected him to stay under Jason's roof forever. Newlyn had nothing against Jason- he might be hard to get along with, but she was used to Morven, and what was more, he was capable of dealing with Morven on a monthly basis when she wasn't even human, so she trusted him to that extent. Even if he could be somewhat... intimidating.

She was really, really pleased Miles would be living with her from now on, though. She knew she shouldn't get too overwhelmed about it, and they'd probably have to take some time to get used to being in such close proximity to one another on a daily basis now... She blushed slightly; it wasn't as if they'd be in separate rooms, after all. All her things and his things were going to end up blending together, and she'd have to get used to not living alone during the school year, which she'd been doing for several years while Elsie and Morven were still in school. Now, she suspected she'd be spending much more time in Hogsmeade during the summers, and that she'd mostly let her younger sisters have the run of the house in Tinworth. She trusted them not to trash it. Elsie wouldn't dream of it, and Morven was too young to even be near the 'party hard' age range anyways.

She'd been helping Miles move in, and fighting a smile the whole time. This was what she'd always wanted; a real family. Not that her sisters weren't her real family, but they hadn't been family she'd chose. A relationship was like picking a different sort of family. And while she certainly wasn't ready to be starting a literal family of her own- she was still mothering her teenage sisters, she didn't need anyone else to mother right now- the idea of him moving in with her and them being two people in one shared home of their own was, regardless, a step in that sort of direction. She wanted them to be happy together, and they had been, so far. She turned from clearing out space in the wardrobe for his clothes, which she didn't want to be a wrinkled mess, at the sound of his sigh. "What is it?" she asked in amusement from seeing him flopped on the bed like that. She sat down next to him, listening to the springs creak underneath their combined weight. This was their bed, now, not just hers. Their bed, their bedroom, their flat... "Don't do that, you might inadvertently kill someone," she laughed, sliding the box onto her lap and starting to go through it. She stared at the alarm clock. "Well.... it'd make a good novelty gift," she muttered under her breath. "These are your things," she chided. "If you like them... I believe I can live with the occasional canine-themed knickknack around. I just may hide them. If we ever have guests." It was a little hard to keep a straight face, and she slumped against him on the bed, smiling at the ceiling.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

But the golden age is over...
We're dancing through the snow!
Waters freeze, the wind blows-
Did you ever feel like we're falling as we grow?
No, I would not believe the light could ever go!
I can hear the call, as I'm walking through the door.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:13 pm
User Image
                                                Bow made love to needy string
                                                In cooing fling - wanton whispers
                                                Fondled under pianissimos,
                                                Caressing callous hearts.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ |♫| Tᴀʟᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ Vɪᴏʟɪɴɪsᴛ |♫| Aᴄᴏɴɪᴛᴇ Pᴀᴄᴋ

════════════════════════

Miles looked over toward Newlyn as she joined him on the bed, nearly chuckling at the mental image of his box hitting someone on the head and knocking them senseless. Okay, maybe some of his sense of humor was warped due to Jason, but still, it was a funny image. As it wasn't that hard for him to hear the comment about the clock, he rolled his eyes. "A novelty gift, huh? I always liked it though." He gave her a pout as he tried to make it seem like she was being mean. She wasn't, but he was feeling like he needed a good laugh. No one's fault really, he just thought he'd be getting the talk about what you do when you moved in with someone from his da, not Jason, who had given him a look like he was an alien for suggesting that he might enjoy living with Newlyn. Then again, he figured a good way to possibly get a laugh, or Jason'd kill him, would be to give it to the grumpy alpha. "Well, there's Jason if we wanted to give it as a gag gift. Best do it at a distance, though. I'm not sure if he'd go volcanic over the clock."

He then looked over the other items he had packed away that Newlyn had sorted through. He was just having to wrap his head around where to put the bloody things. It shouldn't have been so hard since he didn't have that much, but it was. He wrapped an arm around her midsection before he looked back at his things. "It's not that I don't like them, it's just finding places. I mean, your place is nice, and I almost feel like some mutt that just came in. I just don't want to mess it up." He then grinned a bit despite himself. "Besides, depending on the time of month, we might have a bit more of a problem than hiding knickknacks. I could try and be the family shepherd though if that happens."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Flat above Dominic Maestro's
                                                Thinking: I am sooooooooooooooo doomed!
                                                Taken By: Newlyn Vass
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And all in a work of musical art:
                                                Ephemeral stories, yarned of music
                                                Honed impossibly through her tones.

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:35 pm
Walking through the fields of gold,
In the distance, bombs can fall-
We're running free!
Facing light in the flow...
And in the cherry trees,
We're hiding from the world.

User Image
N E W L Y N
T A R A
V A S S

FORMER HUFFLEPUFFBLOOD TRAITOROWNER OF DOMINIC MAESTRO'S

Newlyn pouted back at him teasingly, but found she wasn't entirely used to pouting, being very straight faced the majority of the time, and had to drop it for a small smile. So she literally was the straight (wo)man to Miles' would be comedian... she didn't mind. He still made her laugh, and she'd found that laughing about things helped her to forget a lot of her worries. Parenting two teenagers was, to put it mildly, nerve wracking. She knew she wasn't the best stand in mother. She never had been. She wasn't even the best sister. But her siblings still depended on her, especially Morven. Elsie'd been more distant lately, which she figured was a natural side affect of her age and being in a relationship. Elsie was better adjusted than Morven, more well rounded. She had a small group of close friends and even a boyfriend, now. Morven... if she had friends other than that one girl in her year, Camila, she didn't talk about them, though she had ranted about a boy named Seymour once. Newlyn wasn't sure if that was a crush thing or that an annoyance thing. It was hard to tell with Morven. She wasn't even entirely sure her youngest sister even liked boys, but she was pretty sure.

"As long as my shop doesn't get caught up in the eruption," she commented dryly. She'd never actually seen Jason blow up, but she'd heard tales that quite honestly made her think of the Big Bad Wolf that ate someone's grandmother. "Perhaps we could owl it to him. Then again, I'd fear for Speckle's safety." The owl was rather old now. She hoped he still had some years left in him. Even if he was technically a reminder her of her now long dead father- though it had really only been several years it felt much longer- she'd always been fond of him. He was a good owl. She hummed a little under her breath and leaned into him as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "You're not a mutt," she admonished him. "You're like a... oh yes, of course, the family shepherd," she laughed. "I forgot we had sheep out back. No, you're my boyfriend. Of course, feel free to be both if you want, but you're not going to mess anything up. I want you to feel like it's home." She didn't want him to feel like a guest or an intrusion or a stranger here. She'd grown up walking on eggshells in what should have been her home. It had never felt like much of one. It wasn't going to be like that ever again. "I should move more of my things, actually. I have too many knicknacks myself. No sense if me taking up all the shelf space." She was confronted with knowing she should get up but not really wanting to move at the moment.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

But the golden age is over...
We're dancing through the snow!
Waters freeze, the wind blows-
Did you ever feel like we're falling as we grow?
No, I would not believe the light could ever go!
I can hear the call, as I'm walking through the door.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:19 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDominic Maestro's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNewlyn
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnxious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

нσт αи∂ ∂αиgєяσυѕ, ιf уσυ'яє σиє σf υѕ тнєи яσℓℓ ωιтн υѕ '¢αυѕєxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωє мαкє тнє нιρѕтєяѕ fαℓℓ ιи ℓσνє ωнєи ωє'νє gσт συя нσт ραитѕ σи αи∂ υρxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ уєѕ σf ¢συяѕє ωє ∂σєѕ, ωє яυииιиg тнιѕ тσωи נυѕт ℓιкє α ¢ℓυвxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ иσ, уσυ ∂σи'т ωαииα мєѕѕ ωιтн υѕ, gσт נєѕυѕ σи му иє¢кℓα¢єxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIt occurred to Jojo far too late that perhaps she wasn't properly dressed for her current situation. Normally, it didn't matter what she wore, because she was never doing anything of any sort of importance that would require her to dress a certain way. The only time she put any real consideration into her appearance was when she had plans with Kenny, and even then, what she had on now wasn't a far mark from what she would wear then. As soon as she stepped into the shop, though, the realization dawned on her, and she twitched.

space'How come you're never a prude when I need you to be?' she asked Persephone, who responded with a shrug. Jojo grit her teeth, debating running back to Jesse and Elli's flat to floo back home and change. But, if her presence had been noticed, that would look exceptionally odd. She stood, frozen, in front of the entrance, fighting to suppress a panic attack. She was not prepared for this, she was not ready for this, she was an idiot for even considering this-

space'Oh, would you relax?' Persephone snorted. 'It's just Newlyn. She knows how we dress.'

space'We're here to ask for a job, we should've dressed like we would for that, even if it is just Newlyn,' came the response, and again, Persephone snorted. The two went back and forth for too long, an odd sight more likely than not. The blonde hadn't moved, still rooted in front of the door, expression shifting ever so slightly as she warred with herself for a good couple of minutes.

spaceEventually, Jojo's nerves got the better of her, and she relented to let Persephone handle the situation. It was better that way; for all her faults, Persephone wasn't half the nervous wreck Jojo was. The more collected half of the girl's psyche shook off the vestiges of her partner's panic attack, then looked down at herself; alright, so Jojo wasn't wrong, they weren't dressed for this. But, she doubted Newlyn would care. The woman had an infant to worry about, she probably needed the help. Kenny had suggested as much, as had Dori when pressed. All Persephone had to do was act relatively 'normal' (whatever that was for the two of them; more Jojo-like, she supposed, but without the nervous tics so as to look reliable), and promise not to show up to work so scantily-clad. Easy.

spaceShe inhaled sharply, collecting herself, and stepped further into the store, eyes searching for either the owner or her husband.
                                                          "Newlyn? Miles? Anyone here?" she called, chewing her lip lightly, if only to seem more like her counterpart. Hopefully, she won't seem too off and arouse suspicion. They'd kept her... existence, mostly under wraps, with only a handful of people knowing the full details of their mental state. They'd like to keep it that way; nothing shouted 'don't trust me' like a headmate, for some reason. People always thought one of you would turn homicidal. Bloody movies.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxαи∂ тнαт gℓιттєя σи му єуєѕ, ѕтσ¢кιиgѕ яιρρє∂ αℓℓ υρ тнє ѕι∂єѕ
                                                          xxxxxxℓσσкιиg ѕι¢к αи∂ ѕєχιfιє∂, ѕσ ℓєт'ѕ gσ (ℓєтѕ gσ!)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxтσиιgнт ωє'яє gσιиg нαя∂ нαя∂ нαя∂, נυѕт ℓιкє тнє ωσяℓ∂ ιѕ συяѕ συяѕ συяѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωє'яє тєαяιи' ιт αραят, уσυ киσω ωє'яє ѕυρєяѕтαяѕ, ωє αяє ωнσ ωє αяє

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:35 pm
Been up all night, staring at you
Wondering what's on your mind.
I've been this way with so many before...
But this feels like the first time.
You want the sunrise to go back to bed
I want to make you laugh.

User Image
N E W L Y N
T A R A
M C L E L L A N

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFOWNER OF DOMINIC MAESTRO'S

Newlyn was just waking Angus up from his nap when she heard the distant tinkle of the shop bell from below. She'd had a very quiet day thus far, made quieter by the fact that Samuel had the day off, and so it was just her in the shop. Or well, her and her son. She was grateful to have finally gotten some help with the hiring of her best friend's boyfriend in the summer, and more grateful that Sam was hardworking, dependable, and in general, seeing as he was around her age, not someone she had to worry over the way she might a fresh out of Hogwarts hire. He hadn't even gone to Hogwarts- he was French. Besides, he was also a parent, even if his son was now... six? Seven? He could at least give her some tips with raising little boys. Not that Angus was really any trouble, beyond the usual baby things, but he was big enough to be crawling everywhere now, and grabbing at everything as well, which could be more than a little stressful. She loved her son, but she had zero experience chasing after a baby rapidly turning into a toddler, and he was also a bit clingy at this age, which all those stupid books said was to be expected.

Her son on her hip, groggily swiping at his own face, she walked downstairs into the shop level, recognizing the blonde young woman as none other than Jojo, Kenny's girlfriend. Miles knew his packmate better than she ever would, but she considered Kenny a sort of adopted brother-in-law, of sorts, just like Dori, and by that logic Jojo was part of the family as well. Newlyn didn't know the younger woman terribly well either, but she knew enough to know that she'd been through... quite a bit... and was a bit fragile, or maybe sensitive was a better word, as a result. The point was, Newlyn didn't think she got out very much, at least not without the company of her boyfriend or friends. So to see her here alone was a bit surprising. However, she didn't look upset or distraught, so the brunette wasn't too concerned by it. "Hello Jojo," she greeted the blonde warmly, although she privately wondered how in the world the girl hadn't frozen to death outside, dressed like that. It wasn't as if she were running around in a bathing suit, but still, winter was starting to go full-force, even if it wasn't snowing outside at the moment. "D'you need any help with anything?"

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Every word you say I think I should write down
I don't want to forget, come daylight!
Happy to lay here, just happy to be here...
Play me a song your newest one-
Please leave your taste on my tongue.
Paperweight on my back
Cover me like a blanket.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:06 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDominic Maestro's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNewlyn
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnxious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

нσт αи∂ ∂αиgєяσυѕ, ιf уσυ'яє σиє σf υѕ тнєи яσℓℓ ωιтн υѕ '¢αυѕєxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωє мαкє тнє нιρѕтєяѕ fαℓℓ ιи ℓσνє ωнєи ωє'νє gσт συя нσт ραитѕ σи αи∂ υρxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ уєѕ σf ¢συяѕє ωє ∂σєѕ, ωє яυииιиg тнιѕ тσωи נυѕт ℓιкє α ¢ℓυвxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ иσ, уσυ ∂σи'т ωαииα мєѕѕ ωιтн υѕ, gσт נєѕυѕ σи му иє¢кℓα¢єxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone smiled at Newlyn, meeting her eyes for a second before they darted away. It was a good thing the monster had made her a good actor, and that she literally lived in Jojo's head. Emulating the girl's behavior wasn't really all that difficult. The only thing she couldn't manage was a blush, unfortunately. That, and her accent shifted ever so slightly, though that one was getting better. Jojo's had taken on a quality rather similar to the Blake family's Irish before her kidnapping, but Persephone was starting to pick it up as well. It wasn't much of a lilt, but it was there, at least. "Um, sort of?" she replied, shrugging, the nervousness an affectation.

spaceIt wasn't that Persephone wasn't nervous, exactly. She wanted this for them as badly as Jojo did. Perhaps more-so. Being stuck relying on Kenny and their families for everything because she wasn't stable enough to fend for herself was frustrating. Free of her grandfather's strings, she wanted to be independent. Jojo hadn't allowed it at first, wanting her to simply disappear, but that clearly wasn't going to happen. They'd struck a balance, more or less, but things were still not quite right. Jojo was terrified it would be discovered, and had clung to her support system rather than try to work things out for herself. But, finally, she was starting to feel the strain of being burden, the guilt laying on the girl until she'd agreed that they needed to do something. Persephone was exhilarated at the prospect of securing some measure of independence, and wasn't about to let something like fear get in the way.

space'Okay, look nervous,' she thought. 'But not too nervous, or too... delicate. She won't consider it if we look unreliable.' Persephone met Newlyn's eyes again, holding the gaze this time.
                                                          "Um, the thing is, uh. I was thinking... um... Sorry, I'm not really sure what I'm doing." She laughed a little in self-deprecation. "Uh, this isn't as, um, formal, as this sort of thing usually is. Uh, but. I came in because... I was sort of wanting to see if, um, you needed help around the shop?" Her expression turned hopeful, this time real, because she didn't exactly know what her next step would be if she didn't talk Newlyn into hiring her. The shop in Diagon, she supposed, though if she couldn't get the friend of a friend to hire her, she didn't know how she'd convince a stranger to do it. Then again, the Lilting Lyre's owner didn't know her, so she'd be able to act herself, rather than Jojo... hm. Something to consider, she guessed.

spaceFor now, though, stick to the plan, she supposed.
                                                          "Um, the thing is, I feel like I need to, um, grow up a little? I guess? I've been sort of stuck, um, relying on Kenny and on my Da and everyone, but I don't want to have to do that forever." She paused, nose wrinkling in distaste. Her own ineptitude annoyed her sometimes. Most of the time, actually. "But, I didn't technically, uh, graduate. So it's not like I can go out and get any job I want... Not that working here would be bad, or anything, I just mean, like, it was an obvious choice, I guess? Uh, I just, I know you've got Angus, and only one employee and Miles to help, so I sort of hoped another set of hands would be nice, even if they're not quite sure what they're doing?" She actually did blush this time, and had to wonder if her nervousness was affecting her more than she'd thought. It wasn't Jojo; the other was conspicuously absent at the moment. She likely wouldn't even remember the encounter, the brat.

spaceShe inhaled sharply, hands twisting together slightly.
                                                          "I know, uh, I'm not exactly the best candidate, but I would work hard. I swear. And... If I, um, need my healer to vouch that I can handle it, he will, I asked if he thought I was ready for something like this and he said he thought so." Internally, she cheered that she had actually gotten Niall to sign off on the idea of her getting a job. If he hadn't, she would've been in a bit of a pickle, since she was bound and determined to do it anyway. Jojo was more on the fence up until he'd agreed she was ready, but Persephone had already decided this was happening. "I just, um. I want to be able to work. And I wouldn't know what I was doing at first, but I'm a fast learner? And I wouldn't be like, restricted hour-wise, I can work whenever. So, um. Maybe... if you'd, um. Consider it? Please?" If Newlyn said no, she was going to have a much harder sell down the line, to whoever she had to try and get a job from next. She couldn't sit on her arse letting everyone else pay her way just because she was crazy. She'd accepted the crazy part, but dammit, she was going to be crazy and productive if it killed her.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxαи∂ тнαт gℓιттєя σи му єуєѕ, ѕтσ¢кιиgѕ яιρρє∂ αℓℓ υρ тнє ѕι∂єѕ
                                                          xxxxxxℓσσкιиg ѕι¢к αи∂ ѕєχιfιє∂, ѕσ ℓєт'ѕ gσ (ℓєтѕ gσ!)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxтσиιgнт ωє'яє gσιиg нαя∂ нαя∂ нαя∂, נυѕт ℓιкє тнє ωσяℓ∂ ιѕ συяѕ συяѕ συяѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωє'яє тєαяιи' ιт αραят, уσυ киσω ωє'яє ѕυρєяѕтαяѕ, ωє αяє ωнσ ωє αяє

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 pm
Been up all night, staring at you
Wondering what's on your mind.
I've been this way with so many before...
But this feels like the first time.
You want the sunrise to go back to bed
I want to make you laugh.

User Image
N E W L Y N
T A R A
M C L E L L A N

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFOWNER OF DOMINIC MAESTRO'S

Newlyn shifted Angus on her hip slightly as Jojo struggled to make eye contact, flushing a little. But she seemed to gather her nerves to look her way again, and Newlyn listened patiently. She had years of listening to Elsie ramble to fall back upon, not to be rude. She realized then that the blonde young woman was trying to work her way up to outright asking Newlyn for a job at the shop. With a quiet nod, not wanting to interrupt Jojo and then make her lose her stride, she bent down to let Angus crawl around on the floor, since he'd started to squirm around and squeal in distress, and there wasn't really anything he could get into in the immediate area anyways.

Jojo went on to explain that she considered this her best option for the moment, due to her not having actually graduated with NEWTs, which most jobs required, and promised to work hard, even offering to have her healer vouch for her. Newlyn was glad to hear that she'd been seeing someone, even if she did seem better- less twitchy and skittish, anyways- than she had in the recent past.

"I don't need anyone to vouch for you," Newlyn said as gently as she could, trying not to sound too motherly or patronizing all the same. "I know you like music, and even if you didn't- a job is a job. I don't care much so long as the work gets done, you know? This isn't some high end shop, we mostly get the same old regulars and orders from around the UK- you know how quiet Hogsmeade is, when school's out. I can't be picky; Miles has his own career to keep after, and Sam has a kid of his own to be with-,"

Newlyn interrupted herself momentarily to steer the crawling Angus away from a stand and in a safer direction. "I know you'd be much more flexible with your hours, and aside from that, I trust you. I'm not going to treat you like glass; you're a grown woman with a good head on your shoulders, regardless of how it might work. Besides, I'm not exactly inclined to turning down family, and Kenny's practically a brother-in-law, at this point." She straightened up, brushing off her trousers.

"The work'll be mostly keeping track of stock and maybe some instrument maintenance. Register's not hard, shop's not huge so it's not this big hassle to clean, not with magic, anyways, and as you can see, it's hardly packed most of the time. We don't get too many of the kids in here during the school year, and the one's we do almost always mind their manners, so you don't have to worry about making sure no one's pocketing anything or wading through crowds of teenagers. If you want the job, you have it. Deal?" Newlyn extended her hand with a small smile.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Every word you say I think I should write down
I don't want to forget, come daylight!
Happy to lay here, just happy to be here...
Play me a song your newest one-
Please leave your taste on my tongue.
Paperweight on my back
Cover me like a blanket.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:49 am
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  ι αм α fα¢тσяу gιяℓ, ωσи'т уσυ ραя∂σи мє؟
                                                  ѕєє ι ¢αи мαкє му ωнσℓє ωσяℓ∂ ιи α вα¢кѕєαт
                                                  ℓσѕт ρσιит, ωαит α נσιит, ѕнσω мє нσω тσ тяєαт α נσни
                                                  ѕσмєσиє ѕανє мє, ѕανє мє fяσм ωнαт ι'м σи

spaceCici wandered into the shop, glancing around curiously. She hadn't been in this music store before, generally sticking to muggle music shops, or The Lilting Lyre in Diagon Alley. But, she figured it wouldn't hurt to poke around. Upon entering the shop, she could hear the faint sounds of piano music, which was unsurprising, considering it was a music store, so she didn't think much of it at first. However, as she glanced at the instruments, she realized she recognized the tune playing, and was rather surprised to realize it wasn't one she would've expected in Hogsmeade, of all places. She paused, head titling to the side as she listened intently, confirming with a small smile that it was a song that had been popular on the muggle rock and roll stations a few years back. Curious, she followed the sound, wondering if she would find an enchanted piano that just happened to've been taught a muggle song, or an actual person.

spaceShe watched the blonde seated at the piano curiously, arms crossed, noting with some amusement that the girl didn't seem to be particularly comfortable. She was doing very well, spectacularly actually, but Cici was willing to bet that piano wasn't her instrument of choice. After the girl paused, she cleared her throat, feeling a little sorry when the girl jumped at the sound.
                                                  "Sorry," she said, giving an apologetic, and friendly, wave. "Just, I overheard and wondered who on Earth in Hogsmeade was playing muggle music."

spaceThe blond blushed, brushing her hair behind her ear. "Uh, sorry. I, um. I should've been more attentive. Uh, do you need help with something?" She was an employee, then? Made sense why she was playing the piano in an otherwise seemingly empty shop, Cici guessed.

space"I was just curious," she replied. "I haven't been here before. Thought I'd check it out." She paused, assessing the other woman with interest. Covered in ink, with clothes just this side of professional enough to be worn in what was admittedly a pretty classy little shop... huh. "So, what do you normally play?"

spaceThe blonde blinked at her. "Uh, I'm sorry?"

spaceCici gestured to the piano.
                                                  "You play well, and seemed liked you knew what you were doing, but still didn't seem super comfortable with it. Piano's not your thing, yeah? What is?" She paused, then offered her hand. "Cici, by the way."

spaceThe other woman took her hand, somewhat awkwardly. "Um, Jojo," she replied. "Uh, I'm more of a drummer? I can play most things, I, uh, I had lessons for some stuff when I was younger and I... I have a lot of, um. Free time. To practice things. But, uh. Drums."

spaceCici blinked.
                                                  "No kidding?" At Jojo's nod, she grinned. "Huh. What're the odds?"

space"Odds of what?"

space"You ever thought of actually playing? Like, professionally?" Cici paused, then frowned. "Or, uh, do you already? Sorry, that was rude to assume."

spaceJojo blushed again. "I've never... no, um. I... I didn't used to... Um. I never thought I could? Uh, I mean, I'm okay at it, but I don't think-"

space"You're good," Cici interrupted. "Like, if you don't normally play piano and that's how well you did, I'd be willing to listen to you at the drums. And, full disclosure. I need a drummer."

spaceJojo stared at her for a long moment. Okay, so Cici was a bit on the blunt side. Sue her. It seemed a little like fate to wander into a random shop and meet a girl who could play the drums, just as she was thinking about how bad she needed someone to play the drums. "I'm in a band," she continued after a long moment, "Well, actually, it's my band. That I'm in. And our drummer, she's having a kid and not sure she wants to keep playing, but she also doesn't want to leave us in the lurch. If I could find a replacement, I'd be making things easy on her."

spaceJojo looked slightly amused, and slightly terrified. "Do you normally go around asking random strangers to join your band?" she asked, faintly awed.

spaceCici shrugged.
                                                  "Not normally. But you said you play. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Worst you can do is tell me no." She paused, arching a brow before reaching to rummage around in her purse. "Based on the song you were playing on the piano, I think you'd like the band. And your look, no offense. You'd fit right in. Grunge rock chick meets pastels and lace. Totally us." She found one of her cards, and handed it out to Jojo. "Practice is Monday and Wednesday nights, around sixish, plus around ten in the morning on weekends. We play 'til we're bored or tired, whichever comes first."

spaceJojo looked down at the card, and her brow furrowed. Cici watched her mouth the name of the band. "It's a mouthful, I know. But that's kind of the point-"

space"It's not that," Jojo said, somewhat absently. "It's just... um... I think I know you? Or, of you? Um, you're dating a friend of a friend. I think."

spaceCici blinked.
                                                  "You know Aus?" she asked. Jojo nodded, and she snickered. "Small world. Does that give you any more incentive to show up?"

spaceCici was starting to think that pink was Jojo's natural state, with how often she'd turned the color during their conversation. But, she nodded.. then shrugged. "Uh, maybe? I'll think about it?"

spaceCici grinned.
                                                  "Works for me. So, where do you guys keep the guitar strings?"

ωαιт α мιиυтє gιяℓ, ¢αи уσυ ѕнσω мє тσ тнє ραяту؟
                                                  נυѕт ℓєт мє ιи тняσυgн тнє вα¢к∂σσя, נυѕт ℓєт мє ιи
                                                  ωαιт α мιиυтє gιяℓ, ¢αи уσυ ѕнσω мє тσ тнє ραяту؟
                                                  ιт'ѕ gσииα вє α яєαℓ gσσ∂ тιмє

wнere - Music Shop
                                                  wнen - Spring 2042
                                                  wιтн - Jojo

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Hogsmeade

Manage Your Items