Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Brews and Stews Cafe ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  нєу, нєу, ι'ℓℓ ℓєт уσυ ωαℓк αℓℓ σνєя мє, мє
                                                  уσυ киσω тнαт ι'м α ℓιттℓє тєαѕє, тєαѕє
                                                  вυт ι ωαит ιт ρяєтту ρℓєαѕє, ρℓєαѕє
                                                  уσυ киσω уσυ киσω уσυ киσω ι'м ¢яαzу
                                                  ι נυѕт ωαииα вє уσυя вαву

spaceDesi normally didn't like being interrupted on dates; it was rude, and her parents had taught her manners. Which manners she chose to care about and when was a bit touch and go, of course. But, very few good things ever came of ignoring a date because you'd been interrupted by someone else, so she tried to avoid it. In this case, however, she was willing to make an exception. She laced her fingers together, resting her chin atop them as she batted her eyes and smiled at Ariel. "Oh, you actually got your sister out and about?" she teased, nose scrunching slightly. Miranda Nolan was probably the most anti-social person Desi had ever met. The girl despised people more than Desi ever had, which was saying something. "Did you bribe her, or were you paying some poor bloke to stalk her about until she agreed just to get away from him?" Normally, Desi didn't tease other people's siblings, but in Miranda's case she made an exception. For one, Ariel seemed incapable of taking anything personally, ever. For two, having been a horrid anti-social brat once upon a time, she felt she had the right to tease others for the same flaws.

spaceSean made a disgruntled noise, obviously not happy at the date having been interrupted. Which was stupid, really, considering Ariel had basically just saved his arse. Desi didn't bother to look embarrassed or ashamed at the reminder of his existence; she didn't like him enough to fake anything.
                                                  "Oh, Ariel. This is Sean! Sean, Ariel, he's a couple years below me in my house," she said by way of explanation. She noticed, with no small amount of pleasure, that her date didn't look overly thrilled that she hadn't bothered to say he was, in fact, her date. Well, he should've been more interested in... well, literally any topic other than Quidditch.

spaceAs if he were trying to make things worse for himself, Sean cleared his throat then, and said, "We were discussing Quidditch," earning an eye roll from Desi. "Do you follow it at all? Desi's got family on a few international teams." Her eyes narrowed; he hadn't even known that until all of two minutes ago, despite her sharing a last name with two of her three relatives. She hissed slightly, glaring across the table at Sean, who had all but forgotten her existence now. Of course; a boy was there, boys liked sports. He could talk to a boy about sports. Except she didn't think Ariel cared one whit about Quidditch, so that wasn't going to end very well for him. Hah.

мιѕѕ мє, мιѕѕ мє, иσω уσυ ωαииα кιѕѕ мє
                                                  вαву, уσυ киσω ι ωαит α ℓιттℓє тαѕтє, тαѕтє
                                                  ѕσ ℓєт мє тαкє уσυ αℓℓ тнє ωαу, ωαу
                                                  уσυ киσω уσυ'ℓℓ иєνєя вє тнє ѕαмє, ѕαмє

wнere - Cafe - Table that is not nearly close enough to the door
                                                  wнen - Early Fall 2043
                                                  wιтн - Sean, Ariel
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:42 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Desi and Sean
Mood
Chipper

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Maybe it’s not my weekend
                                                          but It’s gonna be my year
                                                          and I’m so sick of watching
                                                          While the minutes pass as I go nowhere

Desi's question caused a small laugh to escape Ariel. He also vaguely wondered what he would be able to bribe Miranda with, he had never really tried it. "Nope no bribing, and honestly if someone was sent to stalk her she probably would just sucker punch him in the nose. Like she did that one guy in our first year." Sure it wasn't all that funny then but he did find it pretty amusing now. He wished Miranda would be willing to talk to Desi, he wondered if they would get along. But Miranda always said she didn't have time for "Desi's type" whatever that meant.

At the introduction, Ariel turned his gaze to Sean and smile brightly. "Nice to meet you Sean." He said cheerfully. Pausing as his listened to the other male, the smile slightly dropping from his face. Ariel knew the basics of Quidditch, what all the positions did and what the balls were called. But he was anything but well versed in the sport. He wasn't really...sporty. He did want to try playing one day, just for research sake. "Nope, I don't follow it but it seems like fun. I think my sister would be a good beater if she could be a team player. You know Quidditch right? Maybe you could teach her...she is prone to violence though so maybe not the best idea now that I think about it." He turned back to Desi, his smile having re-positioned itself on his face while he had been talking to Sean.

"Since you have family playing do you get into games for free? That must be exciting. They have to be really good if they went Pro." He didn't mention it but he was a bit curious as to why Desi was glaring at Sean, was he not supposed to say anything about her family? "Oh but if you can't say anything about it, that's fine. You probably want to keep it quiet or people might just try and pester you for your family's autographs."

And this is my reaction
                                                          To everything I fear
                                                          Cause I’ve been going crazy
                                                          I don’t want to waste another minute here

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

нєу, нєу, ι'ℓℓ ℓєт уσυ ωαℓк αℓℓ σνєя мє, мє
                                                  уσυ киσω тнαт ι'м α ℓιттℓє тєαѕє, тєαѕє
                                                  вυт ι ωαит ιт ρяєтту ρℓєαѕє, ρℓєαѕє
                                                  уσυ киσω уσυ киσω уσυ киσω ι'м ¢яαzу
                                                  ι נυѕт ωαииα вє уσυя вαву

spaceDesi wrinkled her nose and giggled at Ariel's reply, nodding. "Hm, true. She is something of a 'punch first' kind of girl, yeah?" Of course, Desi didn't really blame Miranda for that one. She'd clearly just been ahead of the curve. Cel O'Irish-Last-Name was... well. A boy. A cute boy, make no mistake. But from the rumors and such, he sounded like a pain in the arse. A pain in the arse she wouldn't mind snogging, but that would be to shut him up just as much as anything else. If Desi was going to hit a boy... Well, actually. It'd be Sean, right now. Also there were plenty of boys in the school who were legitimately terrible instead of just annoying. So maybe Cel would be safe from her, at least. Still, Miranda got one in for the proverbial team, she figured.

spaceShe caught the flash of annoyance on her date's face when Ariel confessed to not knowing anything about Quidditch. And had to fight the urge to cackle at Ariel's consideration that maybe he could teach Miranda anything. Instead, she plastered a sugary-sweet smile on her face, arching a brow at Sean.
                                                  "Oh, I don't think that would work," she said slowly. "Sean doesn't play himself, I don't think he'd know what to do with himself if there were a bludger loose around him." Desi didn't care, of course, that Sean didn't play himself. You didn't have to play a sport, or be involved in anything, really, to understand it. But Sean had such a condescending way of talking about things that he was apparent he considered himself an expert on plenty of things he actually knew next to nothing about. So, in this case, she was willing to make an exception. She found herself making a lot of exceptions for him. Of course, they were all designed to piss him off.

spaceSure enough, she could see a muscle in his jaw twitching as he clenched his teeth together. Internally, she resisted the urge to visibly cringe; she hated when people ground their teeth. Having fangs put it into a whole other category of 'do not.' "I could play," he said, and she allowed herself to scoff a little. "I just don't see the point in playing in a school league. It's like, who cares, you know?"

spaceDesi hummed.
                                                  "Call me crazy," she said thoughtfully, "but I think... recruiters care. Most of the people I know who play professionally got drafted their seventh year... And the people who didn't, they still played in school. They just didn't go straight into Quidditch. Experience matters, you know." Certainly more than half-baked theorizing and strategies based on outdated books. Which was all Sean had going for him. She was pretty sure Eretria would laugh him off the pitch if he ever showed up. James wouldn't, but she was pretty sure his Vice Captain would. Cyd was bloody terrifying.

spaceThere was that twitch again. She ignored it, and didn't bother to give Sean another chance to speak. Instead, she turned all of her attention back to Ariel. Unlike Sean, his questions didn't bother her... because he wasn't trying to one-up her or get something out of her. He was just curious.
                                                  "I don't really go to games," she explained. "I don't like Quidditch, or being out in the sun for hours on end. Sensitive skin and all. My brother, he goes. We only get in for free if our family is playing, of course, but that basically means we get in free for any game that a UK team is playing in." The idea of people pestering her for her family's autographs was a pretty funny one, truth be told. "It's not so bad," she told him. "I mostly only get asked about my aunts, since we have the same last name and all. But that's not all that often, since Eretria has a... reputation, I guess. People are scared to ask for her autograph, even by proxy." She giggled. "Uncle Bas just graduated a few years ago, so he doesn't have quite the mystique yet, I guess. I'm mostly just glad that no one really knows about my mum being friends with Lyre Masters; James is veeeeery popular with the girls. And guys, honestly."

spaceA cough drew her attention back to her date, who was looking more and more pissed by the second. She didn't have it in her to be upset by that. Actually, it was pretty funny. "So you gonna remember we're on a date any time soon?" he asked, and she had to fight the urge to snort. "Or are you gonna keep... flirting, with some kid, right in front of me?"

spaceWas she flirting with Ariel? She didn't think so, she was being friendly. Her flirting tended to be a lot more... well. Not that Sean would know, since she hadn't really flirted with him prior to his asking her out. He hadn't known her at all, or her him, which was clearly a mistake on her part. Not the not knowing part, but the agreeing to the date without knowing. She didn't really want to know him. This time, she did snort.
                                                  "I'm paying as much attention to you as you were to me," she deadpanned. "The only difference is that I'm talking to another person instead of enjoying the sound of my own voice."

spaceThat, apparently, was more than Sean was willing to put up with. He stood very abruptly, shooting Ariel an ugly look before muttering '******** this' under his breath and stalking off. She waited a moment, then burst out laughing. "Oh. My. Dracula. What a blowhard!" she cackled, hand reaching out to grab Ariel's arm. "Ugh, thank you so much. If I had to listen to another second of that, I was going to do something drastic. Like eat him." Not really. She bet he tasted terrible. Just the thought of putting her mouth anywhere near his skin made her want to retch.

мιѕѕ мє, мιѕѕ мє, иσω уσυ ωαииα кιѕѕ мє
                                                  вαву, уσυ киσω ι ωαит α ℓιттℓє тαѕтє, тαѕтє
                                                  ѕσ ℓєт мє тαкє уσυ αℓℓ тнє ωαу, ωαу
                                                  уσυ киσω уσυ'ℓℓ иєνєя вє тнє ѕαмє, ѕαмє

wнere - Cafe - Table that is not nearly close enough to the door
                                                  wнen - Early Fall 2043
                                                  wιтн - Sean, Ariel
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

“For you, and for me,” Sonora handed Kam the other copy of Black Hole, the third book of a sci-fi series. She had checked the first book back in first year, and had thought the story complete before Kam got her into the second one last year. The third book had finally come out, and she was looking forward to reading together again. Sure reading novels was always fun, but it had been especially fun to chat with Kam last year, swapping theories and doodling character or setting sketches between study sessions. ”I guess it makes sense that Supernova is followed by Black Hole,” she mused. ”I hope Sorin finally confesses to Adelaide this book. And we get some answers as to what all the destruction in Adelaide’s memories are about.”

As they wandered into Brews and Stews, Sonora switched topics for a bit: ”It’s nice to just hang out like this and take a few hours off of the OWLs grind. Tell me something about your life before Hogwarts? Or life after Hogwarts. Where were you five years ago and where do you want to be five years from now?” She screwed her face up a little. Five years ago they were already at Hogwarts! This kind of arithmetic mishap wasn’t even the reason she was struggling with Arithmancy! She couldn’t be messing up on magic math as well! ”Six years. Just before Hogwarts then.”

As always, let me know if I can edit!

Miss GryffindorK

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Brews and Stews
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sona
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Date!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why are we talking about me?

Kam had been super excited about his date with Sona for more than just the date itself. They were also going to collect the third installment of their favorite book series. They were going to collect their copies and also go to lunch... and possibly the quill shop too! It'd be so much fun! Once at the bookstore, Sona offered Kam a copy of the book and he broke into a bright grin. "I can't wait! This weekend will be fantastic! And we can meet back up Monday after class to discuss! We're both pretty quick readers, after all." He hugged his book a little bit, looking over as she discussed the title, followed by the characters. "I think they're all space themed. Perhaps the next will be something pertaining to stars? Though you're right. We've got to investigate further into Adelaide's memories. Something hinky definitely went down."

He happily paid for his copy, then carefully tucked it into his satchel pocket. It wouldn't do to crumple any pages, after all. The couple walked over to Brews and Stews, and their topic changed. Probably good, they'd already geeked quite a bit on the books.... for now. She mentioned how nice it was to not be studying for a moment, and with a small blush, Kam decided it was best not to mention he'd packed flash cards for Defense AND charms. Made them himself, too. She asked about his life before Hogwarts, which Kam was pretty sure no one had ever asked about before. "Well.... um, there's not much to know, I guess. We've been friends since first year, so you know all the stuff from school. And Iggy has always been more interesting than me, so childhood wasn't much. Um... but in the future, I'd like to head along the path toward becoming Minister.... or something. I dunno. Thoughts are changing, but I don't know what I'd be good at, outside studying things." He felt awkward pulling negativity onto himself, so he awkwardly coughed. "How about you, though? What do you want to make a career of? A-and how was your childhood?" He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a blush creep up. Why was it so hard to talk about himself?

addaellis

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ. Oꜰᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ! A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴇs ᴀ sᴏᴍʙᴇʀ sᴄᴇɴᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Bᴜᴛ I ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟɪɢɴᴇᴅ
ʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ʙʟᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:48 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

”Yes! I’ve nothing between Transfiguration and Charms on Monday,” Sonora replied, matching Kam’s enthusiasm. Usually Monday afternoons were reserved for making OWLs study guides, but she’d been very diligent thus far, was already finished pre-reading for the next week, and had specifically gotten all her extra practice in that week in anticipation of this reading adventure— one afternoon would be fine! ”But no spoilers if I’m not finished by Monday!”

She stared at the title a little longer, trying to remember something from Astronomy club the other night. ”Neutron Star,” she said finally. ”That’s what comes after the black hole, right?”

She folded Kam’s money back into his hand with a small smile when he looked like he was about to offer to pay for his copy. ”No no, you’re getting cake after lunch!” she said with a grin. She already had her eye on that pumpkin pie and was hoping that Kam wouldn't mind splitting that--or something else!.

She evidently wasn’t satisfied by his brushing off past stories in the interest of “Iggy was more interesting”, making a little frown and hum. As happy as she was that they were getting along again, this kind of sentiment was exactly what had started the feud in her calculations. But he seemed open enough about the other questions so she let this one go, figuring that she could get the ideas jogging as they went.

“Kam Hepburn, Minister of Magic,” she marveled, tasting the words. “I can see that. You make a good prefect, and I can definitely see you as Minister.” She flipped open her manuscript book as though she were a reporter about to take notes, then paused, reconsidering, when he mentioned his thoughts might be changing. ”Changing is fine. August insists he’s just going to take over his family hotel back in Taiwan, but I’ve see him warbling between Wizengamut and Mugwump paths since he found out about magic. And I still think he could do well in teaching or writing. Are you thinking change like something else in the Ministry? Or a whole different change?”

After ordering, she sipped on her drink and thought as Kam turned the questioning to her. “Well, my granda was a cursebreaker and used to tell me wild stories about the war and traveling and cursebreaking, so I guess I’ve always wanted to do that. I even kept a log of places with known but unbroken curses, but haven’t really updated it since summer.” She smiled, thinking of the list of places to go—but then frowning when she remembered how far away from friends and family it would take her. ”Cursebreaking and camping out and solving puzzles sounds fun anyways! I don’t know if I could actually make it as a full time concert pianist anymore, but that was a thing I used to think. Piano will always be fun, career or not!”

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

addaellis

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out