Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Quidditch Gate Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:47 am
The Quidditch Gate is the entrance to the Quidditch Pitch. It is flanked by two stone structures which resemble two of the spectator towers surrounding the pitch. Inside the gate, several trophies and shields are housed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:15 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Beater

Wearing: Try Out Clothes

Veronica nodded adjusting her shoulder slightly and led the way off the pitch with Toby using her shoulder as support. All she could think of was how awkward the whole situation was. She was still annoyed at Toby and she was fairly annoyed at Crash at the moment for her not ending up as reserve. And she was annoyed at herself for being annoyed about not being happier being one of the starting members of the team. She was worried about OWLs, though, and she was a prefect, and Victor had roped her into officially helping out in the therapy group, and she had told Crash she was happy being a reserve. He knew at least three of those things. If he hadn't at least mentioned that when Jacob and him had considered the placement she was rightfully annoyed. Though, it half made her wonder if she got placed in a starting position this year, how much of Toby being picked again and again was favoritism on Elli's part.

Glancing at Toby as they made it to the quidditch gate she said, "The broken wrist was a good excuse to talk to Alex in private. I needed to clarify something from the summer before last. And I needed to apologize for my own lack of action in a situation and on the behalf of Theo. And it was only a broken wrist. Not that big of a deal. It happens..." Trailing off she shrugged before she glanced away from him turning red as she continued walking forward, and half wondering if she should have asked someone else to help him instead or just used Corpus Leviosa.

Quietly she added, "Anyways, about you being a reserve... if it counts for anything, I had told Crash during the sorting feast that I wanted to stay as a reserve. And, I'm still pissed at you from the sorting feast... I may have purposely hit that bludger at you harder than necessary. Sorry about that."

5th Year, Prefect, Reparifors Group Therapy Club and Dueling Club
Muggle-born, Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand

<>
The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:43 pm
You called my name in the dark
Called me back to the start
The condensation is building tension
A stubborn silence is formed
Around our bodies it's warm
The cool wet grasses as summer passes
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Fifth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Reserve Beater -
[feeling: disconcerted] [thinking: ...] [with: Ronna] [at: Quidditch Gate]

Toby hobbled along, occasionally trying to pick up the pace so this wouldn't take forever, occasionally managing a few steps normally if he balanced just right on his feet. The ankle in question was still swollen up, and he could tell it was going to be hell when he took his sneakers off. He tried not to think about it much as they passed under the shadow of the gate, trophies and shields enshrined within staring down at them solemnly. He now wondered if she had an ulterior motive for offering to take him to the Hospital Wing, after her words about her and Alex and her broken wrist. He didn't care too much at this point, so long as the ulterior motive this time was not to drown him in the lake instead or something. Because... good luck running in his current condition. "Theo?" he asked, momentarily confused. "Oh. Oh. Theo Gibbs." He seemed to remember some rumor going around about her and the younger boy, but now was probably not the ideal time to bring that up. Who knew if it was true or not, anyways. "I should have offered to take you, then, since I was the cause of it, even if it wasn't a big deal." He shrugged a little. "But if you wanted to talk to Alex anyways I guess it worked out okay. 'Sides. I broke your wrist, you broke my ankle, it all evens out in the end." She glanced away from him then, and there was no way he could see her face without craning his neck around to look at her, which he was not going to do. The moment she said the word "reserve", he stiffened and stared hard at the ground. "It doesn't matter. You got the spot fair and square. I didn't. I'm not mad. But why'd you want to stay as reserve?" he asked curiously, and then he made a weird sound that was a combination of a laugh and a huff. "You're not supposed to tell me that sort of thing! And it's- it's whatever. It's Quidditch. I've purposely hit bludgers harder than necessary before too. I mean, not at you, but... right. You're still pissed at me. Okay." What was he supposed to do? Apologize? Again? "I'm sorry you're still mad at me" sounded really passive aggressive in his head. "I'm sorry I keep pissing you off, both intentionally and unintentionally" sounded even worse. "Well, I can see why you'd still be pissed," he ended up admitting lamely. "I have issues with thinking before anything I speak or do. Everyone knows that. And I, um, was kind of being a bitter arsehole. Mostly because I was mad at my sister. But that's not really a good excuse at all." Jess had only really been angry because he'd gotten annoyed with her teasing and said something nasty to her. So in the end, it was still all his fault once more. He was beginning to wonder if he was a missorting of some sort and should have been in Slytherin instead. He was really good at making everyone upset lately.

I'm gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

mc2

((it's fine!))

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust
Fallen empires and raging bush fires
All your words confounded
Secret lives bound and hid
Living backwards in tangled backwoods
You ruined everything right
So good I can’t see the light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:45 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Beater

When Toby asked about the name Theo and then managed to connect a last name to the whole thing with a pointed oh in there she glanced back to him and narrowed her eyes at him and sighed, "Does it matter who exactly it was?"

She let out a sigh and listened as he said he should have offered to take her to the hospital wing and then said that the placement didn't matter and she got the spot fair and square. She glanced away again as he asked why she wanted to stay as a reserve. "I have a lot of affairs on my plate. It is my OWL year and I can't afford to do poorly on most of my exams. I'm already a prefect and Victor lost his mind and decided I should help him out leading the Reparifors Group Therapy Club-though I told him I was only going to be the barrista, but I doubt that will be what will happen. And there are personal matters that I am still dealing with."

When Toby told her that she wasn't supposed to tell him that she had purposely hit at him harder than usual and then brushed it off and said it was only quidditch and that he purposely hit bludgers harder than necessary before she figured she probably shouldn't admit at that point it wasn't that she necessarily used excessive force when aiming a bludger at him, she just didn't pull back like she had for the last couple years in tryouts when she hit the bludger at him. However, when he acknowledged she was still pissed at him he claimed to see why she was still angry and said he had issues with thinking before speaking and he was being bitter and claimed it was because of his annoyance at his sister.

"It would be fairly hypocritical of me to get annoyed at someone for acting or saying something without thinking it out first. I've done that enough myself and still do on occasion. The whole fireworks situation is an example of that on my part in many ways. That's not what I'm annoyed at you for," She answered. "You know almost nothing about me, you are aware of that right? I mean I could say the same about you, but I'm not so pompous to assume I know what goes through your head."

She stopped and glared at him before looking away at the ground. Again, Ronna found herself wishing she had thought things through better and not made the offer to help Toby to the hospital wing. Or at least thought through the whole 'you can use my shoulder as support thing'. Her grip tightened on the brooms in her hand and she took a long annoyed breath trying to keep calm.

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:42 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby blinked. "No, not really. I barely know him." This was not going to turn into another spat, god help him if he had to remain mute the entire time or what. He almost laughed at her mention of only going to be the barrista, but decided she might take that as him making fun of her. "Oh, yeah, I heard about his club. It sounds good. You make a good cup of coffee, then?" he asked distractedly, wondering what personal matters she was still dealing with. He nodded weakly to the "fairly hypocritical" thing, though he was pretty sure it was human nature to be hypocritical. Oh, great, she was annoyed with him over something else. Fan-freaking-tastic. He bit back a swear when he moved his ankle the wrong way and determinedly kept trudging forward. He was going to make it through this walk- and this conversation. "Yeah. I'm aware," he said in the most calm, neutral tone he could summon up. If he let himself get annoyed, it would dissolve into another fight and it'd probably be his fault again and he was tired or arguing with people, to be honest. Oh, here it was. She was annoyed because he had assumed he knew how she thought, which must have put her on the defensive, and that was why she was still mad. Well, not too mad, or she wouldn't have volunteered to help him to the Infirmary, but still, mad enough to tell him. And then glare at him. "I wasn't trying to be a pompous. Try being the important word there. I was trying to- I don't know. Make sense of things. I shouldn't have acted like I know you that well. I don't. Know you that well. I don't know where you live or how you live or anything about your family and if you get along with them or what bands you like or things you do over the summer or who you live with or what your life has been like." He sort of sank into a dull silence, until all the breath came out of him in a low whoosh. "Maybe if we knew any of that stuff about each other we wouldn't manage to make each other as mad as we do." He glanced at her. "I'm not suggesting we start spilling deepest, darkest secrets or anything, I'm just- I have no idea where you're coming from, and you have no idea where I'm coming from, and all we do is keep guessing and assuming and fighting, even if most of it is my fault, which it probably is... But if we're going to be prefects and on the same team and probably spend more time around each other, whether we like it or not... It might help, is all I'm saying." He bit his tongue immediately after he was done speaking, kicking himself again.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:31 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Beater
Veronica nodded when Toby replied that he barely knew Theo. It was true, that her and Theo were/are friends, she didn't know at this point and frankly was so annoyed at his fickleness she honestly didn't care what he considered himself at this point, but he never bothered to get to know anyone Ronna associated with outside of him and she generally adopted the same policy with him. Ronna had remained loyal to the quidditch team and stuck it through and did her dues of try-outs and putting up with Elli and accepting when she couldn't measure up in quidditch based on skill or personality conflicts, meanwhile Theo bailed and refused to even attempt to make amends about the whole thing. Either way it wasn't like she was that hard to find for Theo if he did want to talk to her about something or hang out.

She glanced back to Toby as he agreed about Victor's club and how it sounded good and then asked about her skills at making coffee. "It is a good idea, it would be better if we actually had some members and it got a name for itself. As for coffee. I've been drinking it since I was like six. I would sit with my Dad before whatever shift he would work and drink a cup with him. I barely can cook simple things, I might as well be skilled in something in the kitchen. Coffee is its own food group in my diet, after all," She answered with a sigh when she noted Toby's wince as he shifted his ankle. She slowed a bit and then listened as he explained he wasn't trying to be pompous and instead trying to make sense of things and then agreed with what she said and listed out several things he had no clue about-essentially everything about her. And then said that maybe they wouldn't make each other angry as much as they did if they actually spent more time around each other .

Suddenly she stopped completely when he stopped talking and frowned, "I forgot about the spell Ferula." She leaned forward some letting the two brooms land on the ground and then said to Toby, "Support yourself or sit down for a minute. I can actually splint and bandage a broken bone. I tend not to think of healing spells I do know, sorry." She ducked under his arm and let him move sit down if he wanted or not, as she pulled out her wand.

Turning she sat down on her knees in front of him and tapped his ankle lightly with her wand and said, "Ferula" as bandages came from her wand to splint his ankle properly. "You said your mother is a healer, right? Why in the world did you not take healing or at least think to say, 'hey does anyone know how to splint a broken bone'. We do have the elective. I feel like an idiot for not thinking about it sooner."

She sat back and sighed, "As for not knowing me what is it you wanted to know? Let's see bands I like? I'm not a big music listener. What I do over the summer? I mostly study, catch up on all the comics I missed over the school year, and find ways to stay busy. I lived in Hawkinge most of my life. Now, I live in the West End of London with Carl Manhattan, a friend of my fathers. As for family, I suppose there is my mother and her current husband and their two sons. I didn't even meet them till two summers ago, so I don't know if that counts."

Standing she said, "Did I answer everything you asked? And I'm not the type to force my presence on anyone. If you don't want to be around me then don't force yourself to be around me. And if you want to make sense of things maybe you should make sense of what is going on in your head first before you try to figure out what I am thinking."

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:27 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby's brown eyes widened. Six was awfully young to be drinking coffee, but what did he know? He'd never even had a cup of coffee. His parents were tea people. "Ferula?" he repeated, as she stopped moving entirely and dropped the brooms. "Um, okay." He sat, or more like fell, on the dirt in an ungraceful heap of long limbs and jeans and sneakers. "You can? Wicked." He tried to relax his ankle as much as possible as she tapped it and grit his teeth as it was splinted. He was proud that he didn't make a sound other than the noise of his teeth grinding together until it was over. "My mum has said pretty much the same thing. If my brother was here I would have just asked him. It'd be a lot more convenient if he was just in Gryffindor- that's the house he always wanted, anyways, just like our Mum. But he doesn't play Quidditch," he rambled for a moment. "I was a stupid thirteen year old and I thought Healing would bore me to death. It probably would, but you're right. It'd be useful. Says the boy who wants to work with dragons," he laughed awkwardly. He wriggled his ankle experimentally. It felt... better. More in place. It was still swollen, but there wasn't much that could be done about that right now.

"Jess and me and our da are the only ones in our family with any taste in music. She'll listen to anything she can dance to, I like punk rock. Over the summer I usually get do whatever I want. My parents both work a lot, so it's either babysitting or getting out of the house. You like comics?" He visibly brightened. "I live in Evesham. My family is complicated. There's my mum, who's a witch, and my da, who's a muggle, and then there's Uriel, who's older than Jess and me by a year, you've probably met him at some point- there's also Eleazar, our brother who's in Ravenclaw, but he's only a third year. Though next year I think I have a cousin coming in," he grimaced. The prospect of dealing with a little Lillantine spawn in Hogwarts was not a pleasant one. They all had serious issues. He wouldn't be surprised if the kid was mentally disturbed or something. "And at home there's Althea and Violante, my little sister and my cousin who's basically a little sister. Vi's parents are dead, so she lives with us. Uriel was adopted before we were born, Eleazar and Thea were adopted like seven years ago, Vi came to stay with us when she was four, now she's nine. It's basically chaos when all of us are together."

From her comment about her mother, he supposed it would be sort of her stepfather, and her two half brothers, he gleaned that her mother had probably not been around when she was growing up. If she hadn't met her mother's family until now... He managed to lurch upright by putting all his weight on one foot and springing up before settling on his feet more firmly, rocking on his heels for a moment. He was irritated by her insinuating it was his own fault for always being around her. At least that's what it seemed like. What was he supposed to do? Never go to meals? Quit Quidditch? Turn in his prefect badge? He might not necessarily like his position, but he wasn't turning in that badge until someone made him. It was kind of nice, even if he'd never admit it, to have some actual attributes to his name. He was always Uriel's slacker younger brother, the one who couldn't be bothered to take anything seriously. For the most part, he enjoyed not being the oldest, not having to take anything seriously. But not always. "Thanks for splinting it," was all he said. "And thanks for answering. We should keep going." He looked in the direction of the castle, and then back at her. The look on his face was, for once, unreadable.

mc2

((next post jump to Hospital Wing?))

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm
User Image

Item: Rubber Duck
Part of Erianthe's Scavenger Hunt
This item is a portkey. The image is linked to another location. You may not post there until the portkey is posted at the location.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Second Year~Pure Blood

My heart can't possibly break.....

Iris jogged towards the pitch, anticipating a good run. A bright yellow...duck? Toy? ...whatever, caught her eye. She stopped near the odd thing, staring at it in confusion.

.....When it wasn't even whole to start with

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Violet the Maestro
User Image

Item: Rubber Duck
Part of Erianthe's Scavenger Hunt
This item is a portkey. The image is linked to another location. You may not post there until the portkey is posted at the location.

MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE! (Editing actual post. ....mine! <3 ....willing to share!)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm
User Image
                                                    I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                    I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                    I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli was out taking a stroll, his white hair covered by a hat and his eyes hidden behind a pair of sunglasses. He had just rounded a corner to wander around the pitch when he noticed a girl standing there with what looked like a duck next to her. She seemed to be staring at it in confusion. He approached her and looked down. "Wow, must be one of those scavenger hunt things being left all over the school."

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Well, this is unexpected and cool!
                                                    OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:56 pm
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Second Year~Pure Blood

My heart can't possibly break.....

Scavenger hunt? Ugh, how annoying, Iris thought to herself. She smiled brightly at the boy. "Oh, I had forgotten about that!" she chirped. She laughed a little. "Okay, so I didn't pay much attention in the first place. What was the scavenger hunt all about?" she asked. "Oh, and I'm Iris!" she introduced herself.

.....When it wasn't even whole to start with

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:53 am
User Image

User Image

。∴°•.・☆location☆・.•°∴。*゚: quidditch pitch
                                                      。∴°•.・★thoughts★・.•°∴。*゚: Let's play
                                                              。∴°•.・☆companions☆・.•°∴。*゚: Team
                                                                      。∴°•.・★wearing★・.•°∴。*゚: just the uniform

User Image

Shayna looked back as she heard David say he wanted to go with her. "You sure? You don't have to come with. I'm just going to heal myself. It's not very interesting." She said, a hand on her stomach. She was curious as to why he would want to come with. Was thee something on his mind?

((Bleh for dumb posts.... Bleh))

★ - -Ravenclaw- - ☆ - - Seeker - - ★ - -Seventh Year- - ☆ - -Prefect- - ★

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

murruelecreuset
Good job!

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:58 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch -> Quidditch Gate

David nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure." he answered walking along side her. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something... not that we have to do it know. I just thought it was as good a time as any." he told her. "Though I would rather you heal yourself first before I get into detail." he added. David didn't want her to be in pain the entire time he was talking to her after all. What kind of a boyfriend would ever want that?

With: Shayna

Wearing: Qudditch Uniform

OOC: ---

shabatha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:19 pm
User Image

User Image

。∴°•.・☆location☆・.•°∴。*゚: quidditch pitch
                                                      。∴°•.・★thoughts★・.•°∴。*゚: Let's play
                                                              。∴°•.・☆companions☆・.•°∴。*゚: Team
                                                                      。∴°•.・★wearing★・.•°∴。*゚: just the uniform

User Image

Shayna raised an eyebrow as he walked with her saying he wanted to ask her something. She was curious but wouldn't just... push him into talking to her. Ya know? She chuckled. She was almost positive she would just have a huge bruise on her stomach area. So, since she had forgotten her wand in her dorm, she stopped and waved her hand over her stomach. "Wundus Healiom." She said and could instantly feel relief from the pain as the bruise was healed. "Well... Do you want to talk here or somewhere else?" She asked. She was almost more curious than she would probably ever want to be.

★ - -Ravenclaw- - ☆ - - Seeker - - ★ - -Seventh Year- - ☆ - -Prefect- - ★

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:08 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Gate

David was glad that not only did Shayna take healing but she also took wandless magic. When she answered where he'd like to talk he thought about it and decided on the closest place that was sure to be secluded. "Actually I know just the place. We'll be alone for the most part and we won't have a dozen people overhearing." he told her before taking her hand and leading her to where the whomping willow was.

(Exit to the Whomping Willow)

With: Shayna

Wearing: Qudditch Uniform

OOC: ---

shabatha

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items