Submit

Angel Girl Leah
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:47 pm

English teacher: Ace Landers.

[ Appearance. ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Anything is possible...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mr. Landers

Ace Landers scrambled into his classroom. Dropping all his books on his desk he gave a hefty sigh. He had to dish out a book to the students this week. He as unsure which one though. He'll talk to the librarian later. He fixed his desk and his tie and changed the desks around to where two desks faced each other. "This should be a good game to try."

He turned on his heel to the white board, writing his name in big letters. He pulled out a box from his closet and started placing books on the shelves. Not many students were big on books but he at least had to try. "This should do it." He smiled, the excitement starting to show. Truth be told it might have been to long since last being in a class room.

He opened another box, putting posters along the walls. He felt like a child decorating his room for the first time. He pulled his wheelie chair along to wall so he could reach higher. "Screw being short. I've got a chair! Mwahaha!" He giggled at himself, the dork showing every now and again. After putting everything up and away he left for the library to ask for his books.

[Exits-]

Just have to put your mind to it!

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:17 pm
Anything is possible...

Mr. Landers
Ace walked into his class, setting the books on one desk before dishing the out one book per desk. He had two extra and placed one on his bookshelf that was so full and over flowing he had books stacked on top of the shelf it self. He simple placed it on the shelf, not pushing it back, just letting it lay there. And he turned around and walked to his desk. His copy of the book in hand.

He sat in his chair and stared at the empty room. The silence making him twitch or almost bored. He thought about opening the window but decided against it as the breeze was not needed. He curiously opened the book in his hand, leaning back in his chair, and examined the first few paragraphs. Which turned into pages, turning into chapters. He was getting absorbed by the book, his open attention captured by it's story line. He wouldn't be able to notice the outside world called his class room.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:20 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-Demetri--Salco-
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXT-H-E R-O-U-G-E

"Quote to come"

Demetri walked into the room schedule in hand. It seemed that he was the first to arrive to the class. The desks were arranged in a circle causing him to frown slightly. Apparently, sitting in the back was not an option. He sighed slightly before taking a seat across the room from the door and setting his bag on the ground next to him.

He glanced over at the teacher and noticed that he was thoroughly engrossed in a book. Looking down he realized that it was the same book that was laying on each of the desks. Hopefully, they wouldn't be as boring as the books that he had been forced to read in years past. Though, if the teacher's interest was any indication then it was likely that it would at least prove somewhat entertaining.

Demetri took a second more to look over the book before glancing back at the teacher and then around the empty room. It was going to be a long wait for class to start at this rate. Getting up, he walked over to the bookshelf at the far end of the room and examined it in hopes of killing at least a little boredom

"Quote to come"

Catowynchan

Timid Detective

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:34 pm
Liklef_lvr

Anything is possible...

Mr. Landers
Ace continued to read, The Hunger Games, learning the death of a young girl. That made him twitch. Tears poured down his face as he tried to close the book. "Now, that was just mean! How could they kill Rue!?" He hiccuped, he noticed movement across the room and flinched when he noticed it was a student. "Oh, uh, pardon me a second." He chuckled, wiping his face clean.

After his bookworm out break he walked over to the student. "Looking for anything interesting? I here The Maze Runner is a good one. Have you read it?" He asked, his hands behind his back as he watched the red haired boy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:07 pm

"Quote to come"

Demetri looked over at the teacher when he heard him speak, but didn't say anything. He merely raised an eyebrow before turning back towards the books. Well, at least now he wouldn't be completely taken by surprise by the events of the book. Not that he anticipated being surprised anyways. Anymore, nothing was short of predictable and overdone.

"I can't say that I have. To be honest, I've only really read the classics," he said, his slight Russian accent coming through. "I know, odd, right?" The classics were far more imaginative and challenging in his opinion. Though, he couldn't really say too much on that matter, as he had never really had access to many of the newer books.

"If I had to choose, I think my favorite would have to be either Sherlock Holmes or The War of the Worlds," he said finally looking over at the man beside him. "If you know of any books similar to those, I'd be willing to give them a try."

Saki-stranger

"Quote to come"

Catowynchan

Timid Detective

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:19 pm
Liklef_lvr

Anything is possible...

Mr. Landers
Ace took a moment to ponder the thought. "Classics, huh?....Something old but not too old..." He looked to his bookshelf and poked a few books. Not finding what he wanted he huffed and walked to a closet behind his desk, pulling out a box with old stories inside. "Here we go. Have you read The Time Machine? I also have The Clock Worker." He offered, holding both books in hand.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 pm

"Quote to come"

Demetri's eyes followed the other as he searched through the books. It seemed that the classics were hardly popular among the other students. Not that he was surprised. He followed the teacher to his desk and folded his arms across his chest as he waited.

When he pulled out two books, Demetri took them and examined them a little closer.
"I haven't read either of them," he said mildly intrigued. "Mind if I borrow these?" He doubted that the man would have a problem with it, but it was best to play it on the safe side.

Saki-stranger

"Quote to come"

Catowynchan

Timid Detective

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:38 am
Liklef_lvr

Anything is possible...

Mr. Landers
Ace and handed the books over. "Sure, their older books so take care of them well. One of them you'll have to read before semesters end, so getting such an early start on it is interesting." He said, closing the box and taking into the closet again. "Let me know what you think about them. Clock Worker is an interesting Sy-Fy."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:24 pm

"Quote to come"

Demitri nodded and brought the books over to his bag. Setting them gently inside, he turned back to face the teacher. "I will," he said. "Don't worry, I've handled my fair share of old books. I will make sure nothing happens to them." His parents had owned a small antiques shop before moving from Russia. He had been young at the time, but that didn't mean that they hadn't spent the time to teach him the proper way to handle old things.

He paused for a second before walking back over to the desk.
"I'm Demitri Salco by the way," he said holding out his hand. "And I take it you are Mr. Landers." At least, he sure hoped so. Other wise, he was in the wrong classroom. Not that it mattered that much. It was the first day after all. Loads of people got lost, went to the wrong classroom, or didn't bother to show up.

{Sorry to make you wait.}

Saki-stranger

"Quote to come"

Catowynchan

Timid Detective

Saki-stranger

Profitable Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:25 am
Liklef_lvr

Anything is possible...

Mr. Landers
Ace took the boys hand. "Yes, I'm Mr. Landers. Don't worry you came to the right room." He chuckled. "And sit where you'd like, once more students come in, we'll be playing a game." He turned to his desk and picked up the book around the room. "We'll also be reading Hunger Games. Sad tale if you haven't read it yet."

He looked to his table, his mug empty and a few things he left in his dorm. Great, he'd have to grab them later. "Well, that's just great. I hate the first day of school..." He sighed and sat in his chair.

[Exits]

Classrooms

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces