Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Memorial Park Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:15 am
User Image
You’re looking straight into the clouds now
And smiling at the rain that falls
You turn to me and whisper that the storm will wash away all of the pain

User Image

Halfblood | Metamorphmagus | Fourth Year Slytherin | Fourteen Years Old
Culinary Club | Fite Club | LARP Club NPC
November 8, 2059 By the Black Lake With: Aurais and Astyth
Wearing: Comfortably blue, with a dash of Keroppi Status: "I don't know how Galen does it..."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“Oh, of course, didn’t you know purple means hungry to most people? Pft. Aurais, come on. Why else would the Americans make that chicken nugget bloke purple?” He joked back easily as he recalled those odd mascots that occasionally came up in McDonalds advertisements. “Though in my case, it probably just means hungry for sweets. Maybe. But how would you know? Maybe I’m lying to you right now. Maybe it’s all been a lie. Even the cake is a lie, and you’re just dreaming right now about rainbow boys and mermaid tea.” Luci shrugged and stuck out his tongue playfully at his friend. Better to move on before he could go off on some crazy fever-dream-related tangent.

The lens of Aurais’s camera wasn’t something the meta expected to be on the other side of today. “Is this you studying for the quiz, then? Maybe I ought to get some gold stars...” Luci brushed it off, opting to ignore the rosy warmth across his cheeks and how his hair very much wanted to match it. ‘No, no, we’re not doing that today.’ Briefly again his hair made it to lavender territory anyway. Ah, the eternal struggle. What was with Aurais and trying to turn him pink?

The Ravenclaw eventually asked if Lucian was able to go red like a strawberry. Oh, that one was easy. As instructed Luci’s hair dyed to a burning red. The color of his irises deepened, like molten gold. His dad used to say that particular combination was like they had pulled baby Luci straight from a volcano. “I go red when I’ve got a fever. But no, if I’m consciously doing it, I don’t necessarily feel that way. I’m definitely not sick right now; it’s more-so remembering what it’s like to feel a certain way that lets me replicate it. Does that make sense?”

Having just semi-joined The Order from Galen’s convincing earlier that year, Lucian knew exactly what Aurais was talking about when it came to Galen’s… Furrier forms. He was asked if he could give himself feathers. Though Luci could keep his appearance calm, there was no hiding the apprehension in his voice concerning the request. “I’ve never really tried it…” He admitted. “That side of all of this always scared me. Others seem to be able to do it just fine, but what if I wasn’t able to change it back, you know? I was always thinking of that. I mean… You saw my boggart last year.”

That day in DADA had been so nerve-wracking. When it was time for Lucian to go up against the boggart in front of the class, he found himself face to face with a horrible transfigured amalgamation. Feathers, scales, all those eyes staring back at him. The part that was human was unrecognizable, more akin to a chimera–or maybe a demon–on steroids. Luci had known at the time though it was very much human, and very much could have been him if he wasn’t careful. That day he was able to successfully defeat it. Riddikulus had given him a beam of bubbles to melt away the monster, leaving… A clumsy duckling that was so cute it was hard not to laugh and send the boggart back to its hiding place. Despite that Lucian had faced the boggart and succeeded, however, that didn't change the fact he had been completely on edge the whole rest of that week. He nearly jumped out of his skin any time Aurais so much as tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

Still, that was months ago. Lucian was getting much better with his ability, much less afraid. “I’ll try it.” He resolved to give it a go, though only a little. He bent his arm upwards towards his chest and concentrated. It only took seconds for gray feathers to sprout off the back of his arm, made to resemble the ones on Astyth’s wings. “...Okay,” he let out a shaky breath he hadn’t known he was holding. “Okay, that’s not... The worst thing.”

‘But now can I get rid of them?’

It turned out not to be very difficult, though he did have to shake out his arm to help with the process. “Turning into other people is so much easier.” Luci admitted as the last of the feathers fell from his arm that had returned to normal human skin. “I could do that all day. This, though…?” He shuddered. “I’ll… Get there eventually. Maybe.”

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                        Addaellis

But I see the deceit in your eyes
                                                        You could never fool me with your lies
                                                        So please, can’t you see you’re losing me
                                                        Your joking ‘round, I can’t take the sound, as tears they drown my eyes now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:49 am

User Image🦜🎹
AURAIS FLINT AURELIUS

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language club mute || Fencing club whack
occasional attendee of Music Club and Order of the Stick

Aurais had no idea what Lucian meant about the chicken nugget bloke being purple– but it was clearly a joke. Luci pressed onwards, joking that everything was a lie and the cake was a lie and rainbow boys and mermaid tea– Not the cake! he wailed dramatically through sign, falling exaggeratedly before popping the piece in his hand into his mouth. If it’s a lie, don’t wake me up. Let me stay in this dream with rainbow friends and silly jokes.. His hand hovered briefly in pause. Luci shrugged and stuck his tongue out playfully though, and Auraid let the dream topic go before they ended up on a tangent.

Whatever purple meant, it seemed to be something Luci liked– he had the softest pink to his cheeks and if it was anyone else Aurais might have interpreted it as a shy blush–except his hair did the whole lavender wave again. Aurais glanced up to see the last remnants of it–not long enough to capture on his camera, but notable either way.

They continued with the quiz/ game. Lucian explained he went red whenever he got a fever, which Aurais jotted down immediately after snapping a picture. He nodded as his friend explained. I think that makes sense. It’s like transfiguration. Just remembering how something changes is helpful making it change again. Which…makes sense. Meta abilities are considered transfiguration, right?

Luci expressed a bit of trepidation when they brought up fur and feathers. It took Aurais a moment, but the moment Lucian brought up boggarts last year, everything snapped into place: Luci’s boggart had been a terrifying glob of a creature. Aurais had partially wanted to take a picture, and was part just startled that his cool-headed friend had something so demonically horrifying haunting him. But now it made sense– it wasn’t the monster itself, straight out of a horror film–that scared Luci. It was the prospect of turning into that himself…and not being able to turn back. A few feathers on their own might be cute, but a few feathers here, a scale there, a color here and a color there and soon Lucian Valentine was less boy with color-changing abilities and more monster with no tether back…to the real world. Back where the most outlandish things were cake and rainbow friends and mermaid-water-tea.

So, Aurais was quite surprised when Luci replied that he’d try it anyways. Aurais watched, and nodded, sending a firm, Ok. towards him.

Soon, a row of gray feathers poked out, sporting across his arm. It wasn’t exactly a wing, but it was damn close. Aurais applauded gently, and after a moment, the feathers vanished, falling away like an illusion melting off of himNeat, he commented before realizing he hadn’t gotten a picture of it. Ah, that was probably for the best. Luci probably didn’t want reminders of that. Practice for later, maybe, but they’d get to that when they got to that.

Instead, Luci brought up turning into other people. He could do that all day, could he? Other people…Have you tried impersonating like…Aedan? Be Aedan. Talk to Tam as Aeda–aw I sound like Fina now. Nah don't do that. Alright. Scratch being friends. Have you tried being Professor Valdez? Just. Get to one of his classes super early and just teach DADA”

setting Hogsmeade park, Afternoon on November 8th, 2059 || with Luci
appearance 5’5”, spindly || wearing colorful striped tee + jeans
status curious
Astyth status Luci gonna be pretty like me?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
There, along the road, was a tiny home
The yard held dead machines behind its fences
Like they were its kids
Broken down, but still worth a lot to someone
It made me stop and grin
🎹🦜
"Along the Road" by Radical Face.

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:21 am
User Image
You’re looking straight into the clouds now
And smiling at the rain that falls
You turn to me and whisper that the storm will wash away all of the pain

User Image

Halfblood | Metamorphmagus | Fourth Year Slytherin | Fourteen Years Old
Culinary Club | Fite Club | LARP Club NPC
November 8, 2059 By the Black Lake With: Aurais and Astyth
Wearing: Comfortably blue, with a dash of Keroppi Status: Silly impersonations

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

It was a little strange for Lucian to willingly show vulnerability in front of another person. No one else in DADA that day had made the connection between the meta’s boggart and the real meaning behind it, instead joking that Luci had been up watching one too many horror movies. He had only agreed despite the fact he didn’t even like horror very much. It was just easier. But with Aurais? He might not have gotten it the first time, but after mentioning it again, there was a look of understanding that dawned upon his face. Luci knew Aurais wouldn’t have prodded further. They could have just as easily moved on and forgot all about it, but it was that kind consideration that left Luci feeling like he wanted to try it anyway. If something went wrong, he wasn’t alone. It made him want to be brave… But Merlin, what a relief it had been that he managed to get rid of the feathers on his own.

He hadn’t thought much of it as he mentioned his ability to disguise as others, though it seemed to catch his friend’s attention. Aurais asked if he’d ever tried impersonating Áedán, Aurais’s friend and one of Luci’s housemates. Oh, he certainly has. With a mischievous smile Luci moved to stand, his appearance easily shifting to that of the studious blacksmith. As he crossed his arms over his chest and gave a tilt of his head, deep red hair brushed past aquamarine eyes that leveled Aurais with a neutral-yet-irritated expression that was spot on MacInnes. Though it sounded like something was just slightly off when Lucian opened his mouth to speak, it was a pretty solid impression of the scotsman.

“Aye, dinnae tell me we’re on this again. It’s nae like I treat Tàm any different than the rest of you–” He arched a brow and gave a smirk as Aurais mentioned he was sounding like Serafina and to scrap the idea. “It’s nae just Fina. Pretty sure half the castle ships it at this point after that first match.” Even from the stands Lucian couldn’t deny there was something going on there when Áedán MacInnes, one of the most emotionally constipated guys in Slytherin, took down Tàmhas Ghobhainn for a practical cuddle session right on the pitch after the Hufflepuff cursed a storm on the flight down.

Arms still crossed, “Áedán” raised his fist to his lips as he considered the new request. Professor Valdez… Now that could land Lucian in some serious trouble. Valdez was so strict, if he were to be caught, he’d probably get whacked by that cane of his. Not to mention detention for a month. As he spoke again, the vocal impression dropped. “I’ve never tried him before, but…” He gave a quick glance around. Hogsmeade was probably safe for something like this. He wasn’t sure he’d ever seen Valdez outside of the castle grounds. Blue eyes closed, brow furrowed as he tried to remember every detail he could about their old DADA professor.

The appearance shifted once more, this time in the form of Ernesto Valdez. There were a few details off–little things, like his eyes were the wrong shade, or that he was just a touch too tall. Of course, he didn’t have the signature cane, either, but it was fine. For a first attempt, Luci was pretty pleased with it.

He cleared his throat and pretended to snap a book shut, just as the professor often did at the beginning of class. Luci chose to impersonate the professor’s lecture from their very first class–one that had left quite the impression with the young first years. Though his voice wasn’t nearly as convincing as his impression of Áedán, it was passable, if a bit silly. Lucian simply couldn’t get his voice that deep. He began pacing as he got into what he remembered from their introductory lesson.

“The Dark Arts are no laughing matter, Mr. Aurelius. Many lives have been taken by those who have fallen into temptation; by those who seek power, immortality. Though we may live in times of peace, the reality is that peace is truly a fragile concept that can crack beneath the slightest pressure. That is why no matter the state of our world, my goal is to equip you with the basic tools you need to survive and walk on your own two feet. Over the next three years you will be learning the fundamentals, yes, but you will also learn more about yourself. What are you capable of? What are your limits? By the end of our time together, you will even conquer your greatest fears... But that is a lesson for another time.”

Lucian paused before deciding this one wasn’t going as well. Trying to make his voice mimic Valdez just made his throat feel scratchy. “I can’t alter my voice like I can the rest of me.” He explained at the end of his impression. “I don’t think any metas can. Maybe that’s why Mum always comes up with her own disguises? You can’t fail to impersonate someone that doesn’t exist, after all.”

Before losing his current form, Lucian decided to be silly. “Better take a picture, Mr. Aurelius, because you’ll never see Valdez do this. Whee~” It wasn’t every day one might catch Ernesto Valdez doing a cartwheel after all. Lucian tried, but the added weight from Valdez’s portly stature wasn’t something he was used to. He made it about half way before collapsing to the ground beside Aurais's legs, shifting back into himself with a laugh as his back collided with the soft grass.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                        I used Aedan for the format shenanigans this time since I don't have Valdez up. Can't use his pic until I have the faceclaim claimed, alas. razz
                                                        Addaellis

But I see the deceit in your eyes
                                                        You could never fool me with your lies
                                                        So please, can’t you see you’re losing me
                                                        Your joking ‘round, I can’t take the sound, as tears they drown my eyes now

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:14 am

User Image🦜🎹
AURAIS FLINT AURELIUS

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language club mute || Fencing club whack
occasional attendee of Music Club and Order of the Stick

Now, now Aedan, there’s nothing wrong with liking Tam more than any of us, you just don’t have to be so obvious about it, Aurais signed through the shaking of his laugh. He tried snapping a picture but was pretty sure it was cut off or blurry with how much he was shaking. Oh definitely half the school ships them. But Tam and Aedan don’t seem to be there yet so I’m trying not to tease them. Fina says they’re just putting off the inevitable, but maybe they just want to take things slow, yeah?

He scooted back to get a better picture of Lucian-as-Aedan with his arms crossed. "Ah, hold that pose, he commented with one hand, snapping a better picture to compare with one of Aedan’s later.

Lucian considered the next request and again his features shifted. Luci’s whole body grew from Aedan-height to Valdez-height. When he cleared his throat, it was like the very vocal cords had changed. Lucian made a gesture and Aurais could almost hear Professor Valdez’s book snap shut to signal the start of lecture. Luci spoke, and for a moment Aurais could have sworn that this was an actual lecture they had in Defense before.

But it wasn’t Valdez, and even if he couldn’t point them out immediately, Aurais could feel something not quite there about the impersonation. He did his best to be serious–his face didn’t give him away, but he was shaking with silent laughter again. Yes Professor Valdez sir, Aurais signed, head down in mock-seriousness before looking up and snapping the picture.

Do you shift your voice too? Or is that just normal voice mimicry? he asked curiously when Luci seemed to have finished the impression. His meta friend replied that he couldn’t alter his voice–and didn’t think that any of the metas could, speculating that maybe that was why his mum would make her own original disguises instead of impersonating others. Aurais nodded, jotting that down. He couldn’t speak normally to begin with, so he wasn’t sure how hard it was to change voices, but it seemed to change by person and range. He imagined it was like different octaves on different instruments. They could play the same note but there would still be a different timbre between a piano and violin. Except it was more like…different pianos. Some people seemed to have different ranges too– Fina’s voice jumped up an octave when she was talking to adults at the big parties she and their parents enjoyed, and another octave yet when she was mad, but it was still Fina. Astyth’s voice was usually bright and clear, but occasionally she’d open her beak and other voices would come through. Luci-as-Valdez sounded like a completely different person entirely, although his voice had sounded less Valdez and more like hoarse Luci at the end.

Luci brought him back from his musing and Aurais readied his camera with a mock Yes sir,. Nothing could have prepared him for Professor Ernesto “No Laughing Matter” Valdez to squeal ”Whee~” and cartwheel across the Hogsmeade lawn.

For a moment, he wish he had recorded the sound as well, but he’d have to settle for the perfect animated picture of Professor Valdez’s cartwheel-flop. That probably couldn’t go in the Flintzine, but it was definitely going on the highlights reel.

Luci flopped on the ground by his legs, features melting back into himself in both sight and sound.

When the boys had stopped laughing, Aurais looked back through his notes.. Alright! Final quiz question. Meta stuff has got to make genderbending a breeze, right? Can you be a girl?

setting Hogsmeade park, Afternoon on November 8th, 2059 || with Luci-Aedan/ Luci-Valdez
appearance 5’5”, spindly || wearing colorful striped tee + jeans
status curious
Astyth status Luci is not-Luci?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
There, along the road, was a tiny home
The yard held dead machines behind its fences
Like they were its kids
Broken down, but still worth a lot to someone
It made me stop and grin
🎹🦜
"Along the Road" by Radical Face.

addaellis