Aesceus

Manly Shoujo

9,625 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:21 am
What is it?
iSketch is similar to Online Pictionary. an artist is chosen to draw a word, a set of words, or picks from a list of words (depending on the setting) and draws it. Then, the players have to guess what it is the artist is drawing.

How are points divided?
The first person to answer gets 10 points, the second gets 9, third gets 8, etc. After 10 people have guessed, #11 on all get 1 point. If one person answers, the artist automatically gets 10 points.

How do I join a room?
Once you get into the lobby, click on "USER CREATED" and find the name of the room someone has informed you to enter. You cannot link to a room!

How do I make a room?
At the top of the lobby is a button that says "create room." Click it.

BASIC

Room Name: Name of Room
Description: A line about the room
Player Limit: 0 means infinite.
Time/Round: How many seconds per round
Grace: After someone has guessed, how long the others have to guess the word(s). Anything above 15, please.

ADVANCED

Rounds: How many rounds per game; default 15
Stroke: How many lines the artist can lay down (0 means infinite)
Guess: How many times a player can guess (0 means infinite)
Artists: How many artists are drawing at a time.
Words: Number of words to be displayed
Game Pause: When the game ends, how long the Congratulations screen plays for.
Scoring: All Words - Players must guess all words to score points
Scoring: Any Words- Players must guess at least one word to score points

As a general, Games last about 25 rounds, 150 seconds/round with a 15-30 sec grace period. Only 1 artist draws. There are usually 3 displayed words, and the guessers need only guess 1/3 words to get points (it's amusing to watch a word get guessed that was not drawn; it can happen!)

WORDLIST

There is no Homestuck list, unfortunately. However, when picking a list, you should not pick a list of terms only you will know. Something general is best. Lists about specific games should be avoided, such as Ace Attorney and Beatmania just in case someone hasn't played it. In general, specificly themed lists should be avoided. "Animals" is a general list, and can get quite difficult, so it is a good choice.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 am
How can I make a Homestuck Word List?

Boy, you're lookin' fer trouble!

If you hit 'contribute', it says to email "info@isketch.net" your wordlist.
Sounds dandy.
HOWEVER; the list needs to be 1500 words MINIMUM.
The Nutsy Bolts deck list WILL NOT WORK as it is 400 words with REPEATS (as well as some words/prases that aren't 100% canon Homsestuck things. How would you guess "Vriska's Massive Whale Like Girth"?)

If you can get /co/ to make a list, great, otherwise you're going to be doing a lot of homework.  

Aesceus

Manly Shoujo

9,625 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100

Aesceus

Manly Shoujo

9,625 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:32 am
What is the log in for?
You don't need to 'log in' perse. Adding a password to your name just means no one else can use it when you are currently 'logged in'. You can play without a password.

What is the star beside my name?
Stars mean yer a newbie. Just means you just started playing. I think it's a month or two before it goes away. You can change names on the log in, and still be an 'oldbie' player. You don't need a passworded name to be an 'oldbie'.

Oh no! I didn't draw quick enough and it skipped me, and I haven't been able to draw for a long time!
The game has set you to 'away'. Click the 'away' button above the chat box and make sure it's GRAY and not BLUE. If you don't want to draw, make sure it's blue!
As a tip, once it's your turn make a scribble or a dot on the canvas and then google/read over your words. The time to start is 3-5 seconds before you are asleep..

Hints?
If an artist suggests hints, the artist will lose some points from their score even if someone guesses. It's 1 point per each hint, so at the end of the round, the artist will only get 8 points if they gave out 2 hints. Once someone guesses, you cannot give any hints.

Skip/Done?
When it's your turn to draw, you have the option to SKIP your turn (without going inactive). Useful if you have no idea what the heck your words are. Once a person guesses, 'SKIP' turns into 'DONE." When you hit DONE, the round ends.

Why are there two chatboxes?
The top chat box is for guessing, the bottom is for actual chatting. The bottom box will also tell who who has joined and left and has prompt commands, too, that let you clap at, kiss, hug, etc other players. You cannot guess if you are in the bottom chat box (but you can chat in the top one!). To know which box you are in, the background should be yellow..

I used the eraser and now the pencil tool won't work!
Your pencil has defaulted to white. In the colour palette, click a coloured square..  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 am
i don't quite remember how i zoomed out, but it's pretty easy to accidentally zoom in. i think it's either ctrl click, alt click, or shift click to zoom out, and one of the same combinations to zoom in. useful for people who get stuck zoomed in!  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Aesceus

Manly Shoujo

9,625 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:36 am
It says zoom-out is a quick DOUBLE CLICK on the Zoom Icon :3

CTRL+ "+" makes the internet page bigger.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:12 pm
yeah, but when i was drawing i used one of those buttons and clicking with my mouse on the canvas to zoom in and out :O  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

OOC Stuff

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas