Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:01 pm
So are you still confused? Need help?

Post away below, and check back for a reply. Please don't double post, questions will be answered as quickly as possible.

This is only for problems and questions relating to character applications!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
I know that mod approval is needed for any shade of purple or jade green, but what kinds of things will the mod take into consideration before coming to a decision? I would like to quest a troll whom's blood color is jade green, but I don't know if they vase their choice on the current number of trolls who are questing that color or if it's based on the quality of the character.

jade green trolls will have a fair bit of responsability placed on them, as their lusus is a virgin mother grub. if you get a jade green blood, it will count as a special metaplot character, and you will be expected to act as a semi-npc in upcoming metas. your character will also fall under a troll that will be rehomed if you are no longer active in the shop. :>  

Aiawen

6,300 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Piecatcher 100

Boocifer

Ruthless Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:22 pm
I wanted to know a bit about what one would have to do get a purple blooded troll? The fantroll I've had for awhile is purple blooded and I'd love to have them stay that way even if it means extra effort <3

Purple bloods will be given out in special events, there will be an rp promt event to get a custom one coming up during the shop's opening events next month.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 pm
Hey I have a dumb random question about troll signs.

Do they have to be placed on a trolls T-shirt? What if you have a troll that does not wear a shirt? Would it be alright for the symbol to be tattooed onto the troll, so long as it was clearly visible from the front?

the symbol is placed on the front of the troll's shirt/dress/tank top/n****e clamps as a kid, then can be displayed in more intricate ways when they become an adult.

if it's a shirtless guy (i'm going on the assumption that you're not gonna make a shirtless girl) then i'd say give him some accessory that he can wear on his upper body that is clearly visible from the front, and large enough to show his symbol clearly
:>

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Chieut

Timid Fatcat

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 am
hmm, will references to asian (or more specifically, chinese) culture be a problem? :3c

trolls don't know about earth, so yes. if you want a troll that dresses in the way of a certain earth culture, that's fine, just as long as they don't know anything about it. see: maglid dressing in viking style, vremea dressing in lolita, etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am
Hi! ' v' If we have a premade powered troll, do we get to choose how that power will be applied so long as there's a valid IC description? < A< ;; I mean, I'm assuming his power won't be support, either way, but! o vo

Also, for powers to level up - does a battle count if the power isn't used in that battle?

yeah totally!
your fire troll could totally use it as support powers! using fire to cauterize wounds, or giving someone a little blast when they're about to give up/pass out to keep them going wink
it's really flexible, but you can only choose one category it stays under and keep it that way.

and for leveling up, he has to use the power to get the experience with it, so no.

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

Red Th0rn

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:02 pm
I sent in a request for acceptance for my troll, but it's been a while and he hasn't gotten reviews (which I understand), but in the meantime I've noticed some things about him I still want to clarify and improve on in his application.
So, what I'm asking is: should I take down the request for acceptance until I get him re-figured out? Or should I leave it up and not touch anything? Or should I leave it up and edit his quest anyway?

leave it up and edit, right now we're a bit behind due to trying to get meta things worked out so you should have plenty of time to fix him up rofl

(i will be gunning to get him accepted and ready before it starts though, so he's got the option to join - ami)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:26 am

Handful of questions.

I have a purple-blooded troll who isn't a seadweller - he's technically a gamzee shade but he's a little purpler. Does this require a purpleblood slot?

Asking about the same troll - I realise green and up powers are supposed to be physical, but what about the chucklevoodoos? They're canonically mentioned so I was wondering.

Your troll seems to either fit in a seadweller or mutant slot. Trolls that are mutants or seadwellers cannot also be got with powers due to them already being a rare troll. The only way to have more than one 'special' feature would be to win latent mutations/powers on a troll through special events.

Chucklevoodoos is kind of ... very vaguely described. And very powerful. We're not letting trolls use any mind-altering powers due to them kind of being game-breaking. I'd say its out of bounds for this shop.

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Red Th0rn

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 pm
So, if I have a sea(lake)dweller that I want crits on, it's cool to put her quest up for crits/acceptance, right? Even if she may not have the chance to become a thing until I win a seadweller custom as a prize? Also, I'm assuming lakedwellers are okay? :>

yup!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:03 pm
Are we allowed to have more than one quest thread running at once- say, if we get more than one idea for a troll?

Yes, of course! Just don't go spamming us with quests, heh.  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Omarunashi

Dangerous Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am
Okay so, not sure if this one has ever come up before.
My fantroll, which I have had for quite some time, is amphibious. He's a lime blood with violet running through the "fishy" parts.
Is that acceptable or no?
He can't live under water, only stay under for extended periods of time.

What you're describing falls hella under the mutant category. I might recommend just having a limeblood with vestigial fins that don't work very well? Otherwise you're looking at blood mutant which is very very very very -very- rare, and are only given out through very special events.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:16 pm
Hi!
I pmed Melona with these questions, and she answered them for me, but she also told me to post them here to get more in-depth answers?

I didn't... realize that was what this thread was for.

This is for a tealblooded concept character...

`I know Hivestuck has no internet. Is there a postal system?
`How many liberties may I take with it? Like, can I make a lot of s**t up about it, or is there already an idea in mind?
`May I make liberal puns about the mail? (IE, it used to be Snailbeast mail?)
`Could a kid be a postman? (Tealblooded) Or have a job at all?
`Could a kid, after accidentally burning their hive down, live in or on their lusus if their lusus was big enough?
`Can lusus creatures be bred? Like, say, hoofbeasts bred to be beasts of burden that are also capable of taking on wigglers? Or a formerly nonlusus creature bred to be a lusus?
`Can creatures be kept as pets?
`Can I have, as part of their personality/history, that they know an ancestor because that ancestor is famous along with their symbol?
`How about two previous wearers of their symbol?
`Can a young troll wear a color not of their blood color if it is a uniform? (IE a red postman's hat or a vest)
`In a similar vein, may they wear a symbol that isnt theirs that is part of a uniform?
(Note: They are also displaying their symbol and true blood color prominently)
`May they wear genie pants (blood color)?
`Can a power be taken if it is for flavor only? Like, no dice mechanics or anything.

Should I post the answers Melona gave me as well?

yes, plenty but it's pretty similar to earth's, sure, yes, as long as they have protection from the sun/dayzombies, they cannot be bread in captivity, yes not lusii but the other creatures from alterina, no, no, yes, no, yes, no

sorry for the lack of in-depth ness, if you're really curious about some things on the list and really want a big explanation, please send me a pm? -ami

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

HamsterFluf

Anxious Lionheart

19,250 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:48 pm
This is my first time RPing on a forum and using a shop like this one also I'm new to gaia so please bare with me if this is a stupid question
To join in do I simply post my Fantrolls Bio/quest and then after its accepted save up to get the artwork? I am very very confused.

Whoa didn't see this! For future reference, though, yes, this is one way to get a troll! However, since the Gaia economy has gone to hell, the ways to buy the troll's artwork are by accumulating event points (EP) by participating in guild events, or paying with USDs when such commissions are available.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:46 am
So, still brainstorming and thinking about questing a troll but...

Is FLARPing a thing in this version of Alternia?
Like, I know we don't have Trollian and all, but I don't recall seeing any info on any pages e3e
Apologies if this has been answered in the past.

FLARPing is a thing! The guild doesn't have formal rules for FLARPing, but there are a number of characters who have it as one of their hobbies.  

Feather Weather

Nostalgic Otaku

Application Quests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas