Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Hivestuck
=>[INFO/HELP]Confusion Resolution Booth & Welcoming Station Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:28 pm

is it a-okay for two people to quest for a twin set? Quite and I want to do a pair of troll twins, considering there's a set in the shop, but we weren't certain if it was okay or not.
Also, tattoos and piercings a-okay too? :>

a-yup yup! however remember that they aren't raised by the same lusus, and wont necessarily know that they were both born from the same egg. piercings and tattoos are fine, but please remember to keep 'em fairly simple for the child stage.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 pm
Solar Occultation
First off, are there things such as like, limos/taxis/personal transportation pods? I know people have talked about a public rail system of sorts being present but before I posted something I wanted to verify that.

Also, I was wondering about how things like disregarding the hemocaste would be...acted upon? Like, it's not out of line for a higher blooded troll(s) to basically strike out at/initiate a fight with a lower blooded troll(s) who mouth(s) off to them right? Even if it wasn't initially planned out?

most transportation is operated by the military, (drones) since a troll who is like 'i want to operate vehicles all day for the good of the public woo' is usually drafted and placed in that spot. however, this is for between cities, and there would certainly be first class compartments/areas for highbloods. there aren't any mass manufactured personal transportation devices so anything like that would have to be custom made for the troll who wanted it, and paid for accordingly. in cities, i imagine there are plenty of lowbloods who would be willing to ferry around other trolls some way or another in return for some money.

some lowblood disrespecting, you can sure as hell show them where they get off! anything over general shoving or a one-sided show of force should be put in a battle thread. if someone is doing something that might get their troll targeted and you plan to retaliate in a way that might permanently scar/injure the other troll, causing their player to be upset, work it out beforehand? find their limits for what they are ok with your troll doing in return.

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 pm
Two relationship questions!

One, can it be possible that two trolls are both each other's matesprit as well as kismesis, like Equius and Aradia had, a double reacharound? Or will they be forced to settle one way or another and get a third troll involved in order to breed or anything?

Second, how does official auspisticizing work? Is a troll bound to just the one couple (Troll A and Troll B x Troll C) or do they "bind" themselves to one particular troll and auspisticize any potential couple for them? (Troll A and Troll B x Troll D, A being "bound" to B, but could also auspitistize the above couple example if they began fighting again)
Only asking this one because the only real example of this we got in the comic was Kanaya and she auspisticized two different couples, but both included Vriska.

For breeding reasons only, trolls have to have separate partners for the breeding required quadrants.

There have been other examples of auspicing, and a troll who auspices isn't bound to one particular troll or couple, heck, eridan was soliciting kanaya to help keep other couples stable. So no, unless you or your troll feels overly responsible for one other troll? There's no pressure to stick with one troll/couple.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:09 pm
A couple questions concerning new trolls

1.) Do you always have to start off with the kid stage? Is there any circumstance where you could apply for and receive a custom adult troll while skipping over the oh-so-lovely state of adolescence?

2.) Concerning robolimbs, is it possible to get a troll who already has them, say, in the case of a troll who'd lost a limb as a wee brat?

afraid not, adults are a rp reward

yes robolimbs are something you can have. same as piercings and tattoos. just remember to keep the stage design relatively simple

Sugi Kawakita

Big Tipper

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:33 pm
This is probably going to come off as fairly stupid, and if it's answered somewhere else, then I can be redirected to find it. But I wanted to ask a few questions related to a troll's blood colour, and how it affects their abilities, such as strength, intelligence, etc, and other things, when it concerns with the shop.

Would a blueblood just naturally have more strength than, say, an orangeblood? And if so, just how much more would it be? Would it be unusual to find a lowblood with a bit more strength than usual? This can be used also for intelligence, as well, when low and high is switched
if that makes sense

Concerning a blueblood, does having a lot of strength for this caste count as a power?

Or, I understand that lusii come in all shapes and sizes, but does blood colour come into play with this? Do lowbloods often have smaller and/or weaker lusii than highbloods?

Bluebloods don't naturally have more strength than orangebloods, nor do the others naturally have more intelligence. Any preconceptions about different castes having more natural talent in one area than the other were created by highblood propaganda.

So yes, equius level strength counts as a power.

Blood colour also doesn't play a part in lusii. You can create one of any size or shape. Remember though, all lusii should be strong enough to have been able to protect their troll one way or another when they were younger.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:26 pm
Quote:
thyPOPE expressed a interest in what kinds of books would you find in the public libraries.

...Standard education literature
......This contains books on math, science, robotics, geography, tactics, survival,
......fitness, metalworking, computer science, medicine,and other 'practical' fields
......of knowledge. These books are useful for young trolls to pick up the skills
......necessary to compete against others in these various fields.
...Historical texts
......Information on great victories in troll history, no books on defeats, rebellions,
......or discontent are published. If they are, the are heavily edited, and are more
......propaganda than accurate historical documents.
...Fiction and poetry, self-published books, subversive literature, etc
......The smallest section of the public libraries, and not 'officially' maintained, these
......books are usually not found up on the shelves, but have to be asked for
......discreetly. It is up to the staff of each library to choose and stock these books,
......and some may not choose to have any at all.  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:49 pm
Would something like this be workable? It's not essential to my quest, and so I have it removed for now, but is it feasible? Just as an amusing accessory? This is the quest troll to whom it would belong: link.

Quote:
Your MOST PRIZED POSSESSION is your 4D PRINTER, which you are able to operate with specialized CAD SOFTWARE for your computer. You use this to DESIGN MINIATURES and then PRINT THEM into real objects. In spite of not being the MOST ARTISTIC TROLL, your VISUAL-SPACIAL INTELLIGENCE still permits you to be pretty decent at DESIGNING. As a greenblood, you could only afford the BASIC HOME EDITION 4D printer, which limits the size of what you can print to the SIZE OF YOUR FIST, but this is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE because anything larger than that would NOT BE MINIATURE. Objects that come out are made of a hard roughly PLASTICINE SUBSTANCE and WHITE. You must then PAINT THEM yourself - an activity you find RELAXING.

One feature you LOVE about your 4D printer is that it prints, as advertised, in FOUR DIMENSIONS. When you complete a design that you are PARTICULARLY FOND OF, you set it to print IN THE FUTURE. This causes the machine to WHIR and BUZZ as is expected with normal operation, but nothing appears immediately on the PRINTING PLATFORM. The completed item appears on the ASSIGNED DATE. You suppose you could also utilize the printer to print IN THE PAST, but that seems kind of POINTLESS to you. Also the chapter in the appliance's MANUAL regarding SELF-FULFILLING TIME LOOPS made your head hurt. You much prefer to print your favorite items on your next WRIGGLING DAY because you enjoy AWAKENING TO A PILE OF GIFTS FROM YOURSELF.

that sounds pretty neat! but trolls right now don't have technology that allows them to affect the future, they're not that good. if you want her to have a 3d printer, that would be fine. if you want her to receive the items at a later date, perhaps her lusus has a habit of sealing them when they're freshly made and returning them on a later date? or they drop out into a room full of junk she's printed from it and it takes her a while to dig through and find them? obviously it isn't the same, but they mmiight be viable alternatives.

just fyi, for later it would be better to put quest-related questions in the I NEED AN ADULT thread in the quest subforum c:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:59 am
thyPOPE asked me a question i think others might ask later, so here we are!

Quote:
how much do teen trolls know about the recent vast glub?

most currently living trolls were around when it happened, it's still very new. however regina isn't keen on people knowing that the old queen was killed by rebels, so officially it would probably be attributed to 'engine failure' or something bs like that.  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 pm
Okay here's a question that may be stupid or answered somewhere but... yeah.

Do trolls who lose their lusii suffer any kind of consequences? I can see that a kid would be pretty much doomed since they depend on them so much, but what about a teen or an adult troll?

lonelyness :*(
also the inability to use it's one block per battle, but that's about it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am
'Nother one!

I just remembered Abrila earned a bronze badge in the meta last April. Is it too late to claim a trinket for it?

trinkets from that event were automatically considered claimed, you don't have to post anywhere for it. so no worries.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am
Is there a way for event points to INCREASE the chance of surprise mutations/colors/wierdness/random stuff in the bucket instead of safeguarding against them? Like, making it MORE likely that a troll baby will be a different blood color than the parents?

afraid not, nope! it's supposed to be a quite rare thing. :>  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:24 pm
The Good Ship SS Micillia
Hi!
Ive been saving up questions ive been wanting to ask until i had a nice little bundle to bug you about smile
1) Does daylight physically harm normal trolls? What does it do to trolls?

2)Do we, normal trolls, know how or why the zombies rise? Can i ask as a player for more zombie info?

3) Is there a volcano location/can my troll explore outside the areas currently unlocked in RP world. (Not atm, shes a child, but when shes an adult or something)

4) (more of a silly speculation/question than anything) are trolls Hermaphrodite and only show gender by whichever hormone is more dominate in their system?

Thank you for your time, i totally understand if some info is secret for events or later plans, just being curious smile

1) Alternia is usually either night or dusk, with actual daylight being rather short (longer in some parts of the year - think the very northern and southern parts of the earth where during the winter months it's mostly dark.) however for the few short hours of the day when the sun /is/ up, going outdoors would be so bright that it is completely disorienting for trolls, and looking directly into the sun/sky itself will instantly blind a troll. for lifes. stay safe. stay indoors. (jadebloods have sunglasses built into their eyes and are immune to these effects.)

2) The general information released to the populace is that zombification is a natural byproduct of death that is completely natural and "harmless" because 1) the troll is already dead and 2) you aren't silly enough to go out during the daytime are you? We haven't entirely solidified our stance on zombies 100% (it's an ongoing discussion) so the information below is subject to change! Currently zombification is due to a plant-based parasite that lies dormant in troll bodies (we have too many theories to how it gets there to choose one atm). After death, it synthesizes and grows, taking them over. The 'average' zombie requires at least a certain amount of sunlight (medium to light dusk and brighter) to have enough energy to move around and become a threat rather than lying dormant.

3) There is not - however we encourage players to come up with locations that we can consider and try to work into the setting! cool

4) As Hivestuck is pg-13 and no troll in shop should be showing/discussing their downstairs areas, we have no official stance on troll gender. Your headcanon can reign supreme, as long as you do not try and put it into rp. However, considering that troll gender plays no difference to babies, we can assume they all have the same plumbing for that part of life.

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:36 am
If events outside our (the player of the growing troll's) control delay a growth quest, what are the rules for A: playing a troll at their next stage for growth points to the stage after that (IE, playing as a teen for credit to adult), B: growing other trolls, C: Entering metas, D: battling?

Typically we discuss individual arrangements if a growth is delayed on either end. If a situation like this occurs where the growth has significant staff delay and no discussed ETA for when it will get picked up, you may roleplay your character as having grown (and all perks that come with growth). However, since this is thankfully not a common situation, please PM the mule to get confirmation first.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:28 am
Hey, I wanted to get clarification on the rules regarding trolls played by the same character interacting with each other. Is it allowed to happen? Can it, in any circumstance, count towards growth?

DraconicFeline

It cannot be the main interaction/point of a rp

(ex: [rp] all by meself - my troll & my troll)

The only time it would be accepted is if another user's troll interacted with both in an orp/group and they both had to acknowledge each other.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Hivestuck

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers