Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:01 pm
Flyin' past the zooming balls,
Scores lighting up the goals
Everyone of us on a mission
Got a whole crew by my side
Bludgers zoom, zoom when they pass us by
Be ready to get down to business

User Image
User Image

Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Lionel

Tobi winced as the incoming bludger hit his side making him wheeze for a few seconds before zooming back out. Catching his breath he looked back towards Raph and gave him a small grin. "Now, as I was sayin' ya should probably let one of the older students take a look. Prolly Heather since she's real good at healin', 'least I think so." he said waving towards his captain hoping to catch her attention.

Position: Beater
AC: 16
Modifiers: +4
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Final Roll: ~

Because the night is young
The line is out the door
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours
Live it up
Until the morning comes
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours!

kiska166 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:09 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image

Ariana frantically began to search the pitch for the second snitch. It has to be around here somewhere! There was no way she was going to let a first year find a snitch before she did. That wasn't what vice captains were supposed to do!

Armour Class: +17
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +7) (catching snitch +7)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 11
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:26 pm
User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

Bradley had moved to the sidelines as the try outs began. Snapping pictures he watched the Hufflepuffs fight for their positions. "Those First years are good." he said as he snapped a picture of the First Year blocking a goal, rather well. He turned and snapped another picture of Tobi, one of like 100 he had taken of him so far today. He already filled one roll of film, mostly of his boyfriend. As the Bludger slammed into his side. Ouch! he thought as Tobi called to Heather about some treatment for both Beaters. "You okay Tobi?" he called worriedly. His concern showing on his face.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:52 pm
Flyin' past the zooming balls,
Scores lighting up the goals
Everyone of us on a mission
Got a whole crew by my side
Bludgers zoom, zoom when they pass us by
Be ready to get down to business

User Image
User Image

Tobi looked down to the face of his worried boyfriend and gave him a wry grin and wave. You'd have thought that after watchin' me for nearly three years doin' this he'd get used to me gettin' hit! he thought and chuckled but still, he felt a warmth settle around his heart at the thought Bradley still worrying no matter what. It was both touching and disgusting as his orphan friends might say. "Fine Bradley! Jus' a bit winded!" he called back.

Modifiers: +4
Final Roll: ~

Because the night is young
The line is out the door
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours
Live it up
Until the morning comes
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours!

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:05 pm
I wish today it will rain all day. Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away. Trying to forgive you for abandoning me. Praying but I think I'm still an angel away...
Angel away, yeah strange in a way. Maybe that is why I chase strangers away? They got their guns out aiming at me, but I become Neo when they're aiming at me...
Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends. Somehow they both seem to become one. A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood...
They start coming and I start rising. Must be surprising, I'm just amazing. I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher! More fire!

User Image
User Image
Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ✪ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ✪ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ✪ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise!
To fly... Get ready for it... I came to win!

Heather sat back on her broom, watching the action around her. Jarlath was doing well for a First Year, and Steele and Corabell were holding their own as well. Her Chaser's were doing excellent, as always, and from the looks of it, Terren had spotted the Snitch. Excellent! Everyone was doing great. Well, maybe not everyone. Peeking over to her Beater's, the blonde witnessed the two of them getting hit, Raphael for the second time. Tobi seemed alright, since he was waving for her to come over to them, but Raphael? He looked about ready to fall over.

The Captain swiftly flew over to the boys, looking them each over with worried eyes. "I was afraid someone was going to get hurt... Tobi, you stay here and keep a handle on these Bludgers. Raphael, you come with me to the Hospital Wing. Unfortunately, I don't know any spells to heal bones yet. Just cuts and scraps and stuff like that." she said to them. If only she knew more. Then she could help him. Of course, it wasn't her fault. She would probably learn the spell she needed soon in Healing class, but soon wasn't soon enough.

"Alright, let's go. Ari can handle the tryouts from here on out. There's really not much to do now other than watch." Heather said before flying down to the ground. Once Raphael was with her, she started towards the Hospital Wing. She had let this little First Year get hurt under her watch, and she felt bad about it. Very bad. Horrible, even. Yes, it was part of the job as a Beater to get hurt every now and then, but still.

~Exit to Hospital Wing
{OOC: I'll wait for your post here, shabatha, then move on to the Hospital Wing. :3}

{Note: targets for Beaters currently have an AC of 13 and are moving at an average speed.}

AC: 18
Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +8
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
Mᴇᴀɴ Sᴡɪɴɢ
Dᴇғᴛ Dᴏᴅɢᴇʀ
Dᴀɴɢ Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ
Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: #
Aɪᴍɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ: -----------

Everybody wanna try to box me in. Suffocating every time it locks me in. Painting their own pictures then they crop me in, but I will remain where the top begins...
'Cause I am not a word, I am not a line. I am not a girl that can ever be defined. I am not fly, I am levitation. I represent an entire generation...
I hear the criticism loud and clear. That is how I know that the time is near. So we become alive in a time of fear. And I ain't got no ******** time to spare...
Cry my eyes out for days upon days. Such a heavy burden placed upon me. But when you go hard your nay's become yay's! Yankee Stadium with Jay's and Kanye's!

shabatha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 pm
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
                                                    🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Closer... Closer... Just a little bit closer, and he might be able to reach it. Terren leaned forward on his broom. Not enough to fall over forwards, but just enough to lower his body to the broom and pick up speed. He'd need it. That little golden bugger was so darn fast! Keeping it in his sights, the boy continued his chase.

AC: 12
                                                    Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +2 spot +2 catch
                                                    Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
                                                    Sharp Eyes
                                                    Great Catch
                                                    Deft Dodger
                                                    Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤
                                                    Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ:
                                                    Cᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ Uᴘ: 2/3
                                                    Sᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ: #/2

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
                                                    You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:14 pm
User Image

Raphael Alexander Snow

Hufflepuff First Year
Single
Pureblood

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Raph watched as Tobi came over to check on him. He was actually surprised anyone actually showed any care towards him. 'Don't worry, I'll still beat you!' was what he was going to say until Tobi cried watch out and tried to hit a beater away from the pair. He was aghast that he had even tried to help him out. That was so... Kind... But the bludger hit the older beater in the side and Raph was going to ask if he was okay when a boy from the sidelines called out to them. "I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks thought Tobi." He said trying to be strong for once.

When the Captain came over and told him to come to the hospital wing, he nodded a little disappointed that he was about to stop playing. Originally he wasn't all that interested in playing until last year, but this was fun. Very fun. Even if he had gotten hurt. Maybe the hat was right by putting him in Hufflepuff. He followed after the captain after saying thanks a second time to Tobi. He got off the broom and put it in the barrel of brooms that belonged to the school before heading to the hospital wing with Heather.

User Image

AC: 14
Modifiers: +2 to AC (NF), +2 to Hitting Bludger (MS), +2 to AC (DD)
Lives: [ <3 ] [

Roll after Modifiers: No roll

*Exit to hospital wing*

O.o.c. I feel like He's bad luck. Since Tobi was hitting 19's almost every hit until he came towards Raph haha)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:13 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image

Ariana stared down at Heather. Was she seriously leaving the redhead in charge? Well, she was the vice captain after all, so she should be able to handle the rest of the tryouts. When the captain explained that all she had to do was watch, the seeker stopped searching for the snitch, and instead sat on her broom at the center of the pitch. That way, she could watch the chasers and keepers as well as Tobi, who had been left as the only beater to try out apparently.

Armour Class: +17
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +7) (catching snitch +7)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:18 am
User Image

Steele Thompson III

Hufflepuff|5th year|Muggle-Born|Ariana Hawthorne

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele watched as the others were being shot at. He figured he would just float around, helping out any way he can while he awaited someone to shoot at him. He hoped someone would because it was getting awfully boring just floating here, watching the others get chances to better their chances. He thought that he was the best, most experienced, but he would never know what Heather would think. She might give it back to Cora for all he knew because of what Steele had done in the past. This was a new Steele. He wouldn't not show up. Truthfully, it has always been a confidence issue, but now, he had that confidence back. Hopefully, he got a second chance.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:12 pm
User Image

Captain:
Heather Hawthorn

Vice Captain:
Ariana Hawthorne

Chasers:
Dhylan Nolynn
Adalaide Blythe
Olyvia Catlin

Beaters:
Heather Hawthorn
Tobi Fallrein

Keeper:
Steele Thompson

Seeker:
Ariana Hawthorne

Reserves:
Jarlath Lowery - Keeper
Corabell Kiremono - Keeper
Terren Hawthorn - Seeker
Raphael Snow - Beater

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:13 pm
User Image

User Image
I wish today it will rain all day. Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away. Trying to forgive you for abandoning me. xx
Praying but I think I'm still an angel away... Angel away, yeah strange in a way. Maybe that is why I chase strangers away? xx
They got their guns out aiming at me, but I become Neo when they're aiming at me... Me, me, me against them. xx
Me against enemies, me against friends. Somehow they both seem to become one. A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood... xx
They start coming and I start rising. Must be surprising, I'm just amazing. I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher! More fire! xx

AC: 18 xxxxx Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +8
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs: Mᴇᴀɴ Sᴡɪɴɢ, Dᴇғᴛ Dᴏᴅɢᴇʀ, Dᴀɴɢ Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ
Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ xxx Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: # xxx Aɪᴍɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ: -----------

Heather walked onto the Pitch, her Silver Arrow slung over her shoulder, her bat strapped to her belt, and her blonde hair dancing across her shoulders and upper back whenever the wind blew. The teen tossed her own broom aside and started lugging out the barrels of school brooms, gear and padding. Next came the boxes of Quaffles, Bludgers, and the Snitch. A small barrel of bats was added to her collection in the center of the Pitch, and she was done. Now, she just needed some players. Would a new year bring a new batch of First Years?

Heather hoped there would be a new generation coming in this year. Although, with just her and Ari leaving this year, they wouldn't need too many people to replace them. There was Raphael and Terren, and maybe a hotshot First Year or two. Who could say, really. In all honesty, she was nervous about this year. Yes, they had nearly won the cup last year, but that wasn't why she was so anxious. It was her last year at Hogwarts, her last year on the team, her last year with her friends, her last year as Captain. She wanted it to count. Yes. They would win the cup this year. She could feel it in her bones. All summer long, she had trained vigorously. Running miles, countless push-ups and chin-ups, target practice, the whole nine-yards. But would it pay off? She sure hoped so.

And yet, somewhere, in the back of her mind, Heather didn't want to win this year. Her team had won games, tasted victory, but where did her beloved sister and brother sit? On the cursed team, that's where. In three years, they had not won a single game. Romy had never captured the Snitch. And Remy had gone through more hell than Heather would wish upon her greatest enemies. She wanted them to win, at least once, maybe even take it all. Was she wrong to think this? To want such a thing? She wanted to prove the Badger's worth to the school, but she also wanted to see the gleam in her brother's and sister's eyes when they took that cup for the Lions. The teen was conflicted, obviously, but this was to be expected, because for one more year, she was still not quite yet an adult. Childhood was fading away, but she would hold onto it just a bit longer. For one more year. One more year.

I came to ᴡɪɴ, to fight, to ᴄᴏɴǫᴜᴇʀ, to thrive!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I came to ᴡɪɴ, to survive, to ᴘʀᴏsᴘᴇʀ, to rise!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To ғʟʏ... Get ready for it... I came to ᴡɪɴ!

Everybody wanna try to box me in. Suffocating every time it locks me in. Painting their own pictures then they crop me in,
But I will remain where the top begins... 'Cause I am not a word, I am not a line. I am not a girl that can ever be defined.
I am not fly, I am levitation. I represent an entire generation... I hear the criticism loud and clear. That is how I know that the time is near.
So we become alive in a time of fear. And I ain't got no motherf*cking time to spare... Cry my eyes out for days upon days.
Such a heavy burden placed upon me. But when you go hard your nay's become yay's! Yankee Stadium with Jay's and Kanye's!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:49 pm
User Image
User Image

When heaven seems so far away
And dreams are just a memory
Without the dark the light won't show
Remember that you're not alone

When you watch the world just turn away
And break the promises it made
When love is all too hard to hold
Just take a breath and let it go

Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh
Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing
Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh
Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing

Dhyl walked onto the pitch, perfectly placed hair ever so tousled by the breeze. Blue eyes held a confidence to them, a steady, even gaze. He grinned at the blonde girl, seeing her deep in thought. He gently wrapped an arm over her shoulder, then grinned. "Losing your edge, Heath?" He was teasing, yes, but only a bit. He had easily come to think of the blonde as his older, yet shorter sister. What ever was bothering her, he wanted to know, so he could perhaps help make it all better.

The onyx haired boy felt almost as though his Captain was... longing, perhaps. For the Quidditch Cup, he didn't think so, even if they hadn't ever won. Maybe... maybe it was concern. Remy was trying out too, for her team, and he had seen Romy fail time and time again. It was entirely probable that the blonde just wanted to know her family would be happy, regardless the outcome.

Though, Dhylan wanted nothing less. Remy was family to him as well, and Romulus by extension. Sure, Remy had done something bad, but that didn't mean she didn't deserve another chance. If nothing else, he was willing to go protect his friend. For now, though he was willing to stand by and let the games go on.

Modifiers: +8 {Stealing and Scoring}
Total Roll:
00//03
Skills: Good Arm |∞| Dang Healthy |∞| Swift Swipe
Lives: [∞] [∞] [∞] [∞]
Scores: 00//00
{OoC:}

2 a.m., too sad to sleep
When what you want's not what you need
And when these walls don't feel like home
Remember that you're not alone

The beginning's just another end
It's not too late to start again
When hope is all too hard to hold
Just take a breath and let it go

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 pm
I see this life
Like a swinging vine
Swing my heart across the line
In my face is flashing signs
Seek it out and ye shall find

User Image
User Image

Tobi calmly walked onto the pitch, his broom held close to his body while his beater bat hung loose in his hand. It felt good to be out practicing with the team, especially since two of them would be leaving by the end of the year. While he never got too close to Ari, he considered her enough of a friend that he'd miss her bubbly personality both on the field and in the music club. Heather he knew he'd miss with a passion, not just as the best beater on their team or even their captain but as his mentor and friend. She had been the first person he actually talked to after being sorted, she was the one he went to when he was having issues with Bradley or Anna, it was her calming and guiding nature that made it seem that a black hole was going to swallow his heart. He wasn't afraid that he'd never see her again, between Diagon and Hogsmeade and their group he was sure to see her again..right? The fourth year shook his shaggy brown mane as he caught up to her and Dhyl sporting a smile to them both to hide the sadness within him. "I shoul' hope not, otherwise some other upstart firstie'll come an' try for ya spot Boss!" Tobi said with a grin and wink to the older blonde.

AC: 19
Modifiers: +2 (Years) +3 (Advanced Flying I&II) +6 (NF, DD, MS)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in picture))

User Image

Ariana walked onto the pitch in a new Quidditch shirt. She figured it was perfect since she was a seeker and a seventh year. In the distance, she saw three identifiable figures. "Hi!" she shouted from several feet away, smiling and waving to Heather, Dhylan, and Tobi. When the vice captain finally arrived, she dropped her broom to the ground and spun around to show the front and back of her new shirt. "Like it?" she asked, pure joy on her face. Most people wouldn't get too excited over a simple piece of clothing, but the redhead couldn't help it! It was just so damn cozy and all around perfect for her position as a seventh year seeker.

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:34 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // her Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'We're going to win this year, I know it.' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
She says as she floats like an angel.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Adalaide stepped onto the Pitch and smiled happily, excitement thrumming through her veins. They'd come so very close to winning the Cup last year, she could hardly contain her excitement. She had a really good feeling about this season. She approached her teammates with a wide smile, waving at the group. "Hey, guys! How was everyone's Summer?" Adalaide remembered Dhyl saying that Heather had been training her butt off all Summer, so she was excited for the new season. She had a feeling they'd be doing a lot of drills and things so that they'd be in top shape for their matches. Not that she minded; after all, she did want to win.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                          I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Position: Chaser
Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games