Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:04 pm
User Image

Steele Thompson III

Hufflepuff|5th year|Muggle-Born|Ariana Hawthorne

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele saw the quaffle in with complete ease, reading it down to a tee. He just caught it, almost effortlessly. He was happy with himself, but he kept himself composed. He would be ready for whenever he would see another shot. He didn't want to let in an easy one, like he would sometimes before. He wasn't going to do that anymore. Every goal was going to be earned on him. He threw the quaffle back to Adalaide, no emotion written on his face at all.

Will I ever be the same?

kiska166 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:09 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image

Ariana approached Heather when she called everyone to gather around. The redhead expected herself to be the only one trying to seeker just like every other year; however, when the captain gave Terren the same instructions that she gave Ari, the vice captain had a look of surprise on her face. This is a good thing, she told herself, knowing that if she got knocked out in a game, someone could fill in for her. Of course, being in her sixth year and the vice captain for the team, Ariana expected to become the seeker once again. Two snitches? Interesting.. This has never happened before. In fact, Ari hadn't any idea that the school even supplied more than one snitch. When the snitches were released, Ariana took off into the air. Brown eyes were focused on finding one of the golden balls; however, they unfocused really quickly. Her eyes wandered towards the chasers and keepers. She watched as Adalaide threw the quaffle towards Steele. C'mon, block it, babe, she thought, waiting for her boyfriend to block the shot. A smile stretched onto the seeker's face when Steele did in fact catch the quaffle.

Armour Class: +17
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +7) (catching snitch +7)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 12
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:22 pm
User Image
User Image

โ˜€ When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
                                                    ๐Ÿ‚ Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Terren paused to glance at the other Seeker. She seemed to be distracted by that boy trying out for Keeper. Didn't Heather say his name was Steele, or some other kind of metallic name? No matter. As long as Ariana was distracted from finding the Snitch, then he may have a shot of catching it first. Of course, he had to find it first.

AC: 12
                                                    Mแดแด…ษชา“ษชแด‡ส€s: +2 spot +2 catch
                                                    Sแด˜แด‡แด„ษชแด€สŸ Sแด‹ษชสŸสŸs:
                                                    Sharp Eyes
                                                    Great Catch
                                                    Deft Dodger
                                                    Lษชแด แด‡s: โค โค โค
                                                    Fษชษดแด€สŸ RแดสŸสŸ: 5
                                                    Cแด€แด›แด„สœษชษดษข Uแด˜: #/3
                                                    Sแด‡แด‡แด‹ษชษดษข: #/2

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other. โ˜
                                                    You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella. โ˜‚

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:33 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty on the Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Heatherspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooh, it'll be so nice to get back on my broom.' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Adalaide caught the pass, unsuprised that Steele had managed to catch it, but still a bit annoyed. Especially since he'd done it so easily. But then, she hadn't really bothered trying to make the shot a hard one. She'd hoped that the element of surprise would do the work for her. It'd been silly; she should have known better, and was annoyed at herself as well. Still, it didn't show on her face. Her expression was pleasant, a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye. She was really curious about the new kid, the first year. He was sort of adorable. She threw the ball at him, not going easy on him, but hoping he'd catch it anyway. She liked it when first years made the teams; it was a pretty good self-esteem booster, and some kids really needed those. She certainly had; last season had done wonders for her confidence.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Position: Chaser
AC: 16
Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
Special Skills: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: โค โค โค
โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: 16
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Sir Spazalots

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:50 pm
User Image
User Image

Jarlath saw the girl throw the quaffle right at his goal. He reached out hoping to block it. "Come on." he said as he reached for the ball.

Position: Keeper
AC: 10
Modifiers: +4 save goals
Special Skills: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold The Line
Final Roll: 19
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ]

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:35 pm
I wish today it will rain all day. Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away. Trying to forgive you for abandoning me. Praying but I think I'm still an angel away...
Angel away, yeah strange in a way. Maybe that is why I chase strangers away? They got their guns out aiming at me, but I become Neo when they're aiming at me...
Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends. Somehow they both seem to become one. A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood...
They start coming and I start rising. Must be surprising, I'm just amazing. I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher! More fire!

User Image
User Image
Sษชxแด›สœ Yแด‡แด€ส€ โœช Hแดœา“า“สŸแด‡แด˜แดœา“า“ โœช Cแด€แด˜แด›แด€ษชษด โœช Bแด‡แด€แด›แด‡ส€

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise!
To fly... Get ready for it... I came to win!

Heather sat on her broom, watching the others carefully. Tobi had already nailed a target, which was expected, really. He had always had a talent for the game. Peeking over to the Chasers and Keepers side of the Pitch, she saw that Ada had tried for a goal against both Steele and Jarlath. She had failed both times, but she was still trying. Heather had to give the younger Badger props for that. No one else had attempted a shot, and the newbie Beater hadn't aimed at a target yet. Maybe Raphael needed some motivation? Maybe seeing his Captain take a shot would work in that department. Heather took off on her broom, chasing a Bludger. The iron cannonball started on a turn, but the blonde swerved off in another direction, speeding up to meet the ball as it came around the turn. At that moment, she swung her bat, taking aim at the closest target in range.

{Note: targets for Beaters currently have an AC of 10 and are not moving.}

AC: 18
Mแดแด…ษชา“ษชแด‡ส€s: +8
Mแด‡แด€ษด Sแดกษชษดษข
Dแด‡า“แด› Dแดแด…ษขแด‡ส€
Dแด€ษดษข Hแด‡แด€สŸแด›สœส
Lษชแด แด‡s: โค โค โค โค
Fษชษดแด€สŸ RแดสŸสŸ: 28
Aษชแดษชษดษข แด€แด›: -----------

Everybody wanna try to box me in. Suffocating every time it locks me in. Painting their own pictures then they crop me in, but I will remain where the top begins...
'Cause I am not a word, I am not a line. I am not a girl that can ever be defined. I am not fly, I am levitation. I represent an entire generation...
I hear the criticism loud and clear. That is how I know that the time is near. So we become alive in a time of fear. And I ain't got no ******** time to spare...
Cry my eyes out for days upon days. Such a heavy burden placed upon me. But when you go hard your nay's become yay's! Yankee Stadium with Jay's and Kanye's!

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
kiska166 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:35 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana watched as the first year keeper caught the quaffle as well. Her smile didn't falter at all. Sure, she wished Steele would make the immediate team, but it was nice when other students in her house played well. Plus, Steele did say he wouldn't mind being a reserve, and having someone better than him would be good for the team since he was already quite experienced with quidditch.

Total Roll: 15

User Image

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:40 pm
User Image
User Image

How hard could it be to find a little gold ball? It would sparkle if he saw it, right? But it was fast. Romy made it sound so easy! Terren sighed, and continued his search. Circling the Pitch, emerald eyes hunted for the Snitch that continued to elude him.

Sharp Eyes
                                                    Great Catch
                                                    Deft Dodger
                                                    Fษชษดแด€สŸ RแดสŸสŸ: 5

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other. โ˜

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:45 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooh, it'll be so nice to get back on my broom.' spacespac

Adalaide smiled when the first year caught her Quaffle, just barely. Corabell was next... except that would be way too predictable. She tilted her head back and forth, trying to decide who to throw the ball at next. She played a game in her head, matching each one of the three to a syllable of one of her new favorite songs. She did so with her eyes closed so as to not telegraph who'd be her target, and then landed on the first year again. She smiled. That would be a good test for the kid. And, since he'd caught her last shot (barely, but still), she could go a little harder on him. So, she took off and did a small loop, tossing the ball at his goal with her shoulders pointed at Cora's. Let the two Keepers figure out whose goal it was headed for before it went in. That would be somewhat challenging, right? Of course, it also ran the risk of completely missing if she hadn't aimed carefully enough, but hey. This was just tryouts, right?

User Image

โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
Final Roll: 22
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Sir Spazalots

Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:35 am
User Image
User Image

Jarlath saw the girl throw the quaffle towards his goal again. He reached out hoping to block it. "Come on." he said as he reached for the ball.

Position: Keeper
AC: 10
Modifiers: +4 save goals
Special Skills: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold The Line
Final Roll: 16
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ]

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:30 am
User Image
User Image

Okay, so maybe this was a lot harder than he thought it was. This Snitch was impossible to find! It's like it disappeared forever and no one would ever find it. Terren sighed, feeling a bit defeated. Maybe he should have just stayed in the Common Room instead of coming out here to embarrass himself in front of everyone...

Sharp Eyes
                                                    Great Catch
                                                    Deft Dodger
                                                    Fษชษดแด€สŸ RแดสŸสŸ: 17

kiska166 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:13 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana continued to watch the chasers and keepers. Adalaide seemed to be the only one throwing quaffles at the three keepers. Although the fifth year seemed to be throwing it towards Corabell, the ball flew towards the first year once again. Let's see if he can get that, the redhead thought as she continued to watch. The girl had been a little too distracted with the other students to be hunting for the snitch. This time, the quaffle flew right past the kid. A small smirk crawled onto the vice captain's lips. Maybe next time.

Total Roll: 11

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 pm
User Image

Adalaide watched as the boy missed the ball, and offered him a smile and what she hoped was an encouraging wave. Next she would throw the ball at Corabell, hoping that the girl caught it. If she did, it would be one successful block for each of them. The first year had missed one, but she'd been testing him a bit. She now knew that he wasn't a prodigy or one of those kids who literally practiced non-stop in the time leading up to school; that was fine. They could train him. She smiled and made a shot towards Cora's goal.

User Image

โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
Final Roll: o8
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:27 pm
User Image
User Image

What was that? A speck of gold? Maybe? Terren chased after it, but it was gone in the blink of an eye. Bloody hell, this was difficult. It was a tiny golden ball with wings that was faster than anything he would ever come in contact with.... Yeah, this was going to be hard. But he wouldn't give up! He would keep trying! He would get it eventually!... Right?

Sharp Eyes
                                                    Great Catch
                                                    Deft Dodger
                                                    Fษชษดแด€สŸ RแดสŸสŸ: 10

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
kiska166 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:42 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana watched as Adalaide aimed the quaffle at Corabell this time. She was the keeper last year, and she did a terrific job. If she performed just as well in the tryouts, maybe she'd make the team again! But then again, there were two other students trying out for it as well.

Total Roll: 8

User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games