Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 pm
User Image
ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「Lets get started! 」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「My Trusted Broom 」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn kept her eye on Kaera, once the bludger was on the lose, she raced off toward the goal from the other side of the pitch. Her face showing an intense determination. She wanted to be the best and planned to try her hardest to do so. She kept her eye on the bludger but was headed toward her goal at top speed. She would help the new girl after her warm up.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 pm
User Image

"Just let me know!" Oberon shouted back to Bailey, hoping he would, eventually get a chance to share his vast knowledge of Quidditch with the current Hufflepuff team. Quidditch was his life, even in death. And if he could not be a star himself, he would live vicariously through the current members of his three favorite teams - the Hufflepuff house team, the Caerphily Catapults and the Welsh national squad.

He grinned as he watched his house's team get their practice under way. They were pretty good - even the first years! "You lot look promising!" Oberon shouted as he hovered above one of the hoops. "The Cup is yours if you keep playing like that!" He did not want to disturb them too much, but he thought encouragement would help.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sailor Tralfamadore

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:44 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓

User Image
- CLOSED -

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

(Practice will resume mid-July.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:33 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓

User Image
- OPEN for try-outs -

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

(Practice is now open for the Jun-July school year! I'm assuming that since our team roster is already filled thanks to last year's first years, that try-outs are not necessary. To be fair however, I will be roleplaying as if the first day is try-outs, so if there is somehow any students whom wish to join the team, please post here by 7/6 and you may compete with the current holders of your desired position in attempt to claim a spot. Otherwise, on Thursday, July 7, regular-season practice will begin as normal for the current team members. Let the games begin! xD)

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

A long, characteristic yawn escaped Bailey's lips as she shuffled slowly onto the Quidditch pitch, her loyal Firebolt resting over her shoulder. Finally having a full roster, it felt rather pointless being here for try-outs, especially when the sun was barely peaking over the top of the castle. However, it would be rather unfair of her not to offer the opportunity to join the team to anyone who had turned them down in the past. She had only found two willing second year's, and they were now a part of the Hufflepuff legend, hence her doubt that any new students would arise to the moment. Nevertheless, here she sat. Well, here she flew. Rather than patrolling the field for any newcomers, Bailey chose to get a bit of practice in for herself, mounting her broom without any sign of hesitation.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓

User Image
- CLOSED -

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

(Practice will reopen for try-outs within the month of August.)

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓

User Image
- OPEN -

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

[[Try-outs are now in session (for the Aug-Sept year) from today through the end of the week. All of the spots may be filled, but that's the point of try-outs, so don't be shy! Post your second years and up!]]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 pm
User Image
User Image
MAGIC IS MY STRENGTH POWER IS MY WEAKNESS
User Image
The morning grass felt moist beneath her feet as Bailey trekked across the practice field, her undetectable extension charmed bag in one hand, and her brand new Nimbus 3000 in the other. Finally reaching the center of the field, she set down her broom with care and turned to her maroon, sequined bag, pulling on the drawstring and reaching inside. After a moment's worth of digging, she retrieved a medium-sized trunk, another bag - this one full of Quidditch gear and other equipment, a fold-out table, and a clipboard that had a long piece of parchment attached to it. Pushing the trunk and equipment to the side, Bailey unfolded the table and set the sign-in clipboard on top.

The sign-in sheet read:

╔══════════════╗
TRY-OUTS SIGN-IN SHEET
Name:
Year:
Desired Position:

╚══════════════╝

Now fumbling in her robe pockets for her wand, she whipped it in a circular fashion, and a large, clean poster now hung from the front of the table in perfect view of the entrance, welcoming the students and instructing them to sign in on the clipboard upon arrival. There was a small note on the body asking returning players to sign in as well, and making it clear that their positions were not set in stone.

The poster read:

╔══════════════╗
Hufflepuff Quidditch Team Try-Outs
Welcome players, new and old! Today we will be holding try-outs
for the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team. If you are interested in playing for us,
please sign-in at the table and introduce yourself to me. I will give further
instructions upon everyone's arrival. If you are simply here to watch,
please be seated in the stands and refrain from distractions and disrespect.
NOTE: All returning players MUST sign-in, and keep in mind that your inclusion
on this year's roster is subject to change. Everyone must try-out.

╚══════════════╝

Moving over to the equipment bag, she began sorting out the different uniforms. Digging around for another pair of shin guards, Bailey dropped what she was doing and retrieved her wand once more. With a quick summoning charm, a small barrel of Cleansweep Sevens came floating onto the field, and she set them down next to the table. After glancing towards the entrance to check if any students were approaching, she dropped her attention back to the gear to wait for their arrival.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin had flown quietly into the area so as not to be heard by Bailey. He landed just as softly and crept up behind her. Before she could detect his presence he wrapped his arms around her waist and spun her. "Hello Bai! How is class with my dad going so far?" he asked as he turned her around and hugged her properly. Whenever he saw her he always felt this surge of love and happiness fill him. He never wanted that feeling to go away for as long as he lived. Since no one else was on the field he took this opportunity to give her a quick kiss. Not since the train had he been able to do so. "I want to talk to you after practice if thats ok" he said with a wide smile.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

For some odd reason, Lennox found himself at the Quidditch Pitch. There was a Quidditch Team Tryout today, he had seen it back in the common room. Remembering slightly the words that the Flying Professor told him the previous year, he shook them out in fear that they would cause bad luck. To come to this trial was a feat itself. He had never been through try-outs for any sport before. What if he made a fool of himself? What if he fell off his broom?

Depressing thoughts gloomed upon him that when he reached the table, his anxiety was in an all time high. Lennox recognized the captain, having seen her in the feast and offered her a small smile then retreating to the sign in sheet. Carefully filling in the first two columns, there was a slight hesitation with the last one. Position? What position would he like to have?

Over the course of the summer, the only thing linking him to the magical world was the books which he had bought back at Diagon Alley. He had bought himself a book on the rules and fundamentals of Quidditch and even subscribed to the Daily Prophet in hopes of feeding his curiousity. Going over positions, he decided to finally choose one, and finished signing in.

Name: Lennox Galvani
Year: Second
Desired Position: Chaser

"He-Hello, I'm Lennox Galvani, here for the Quidditch Trials?" He asked rather stupidly. Of course he was here for the trials! What else did he come here for? Lennox had the choice of watching the trials, maybe even go for it next year instead of this year. But it wouldn't matter. He had a feeling of how disastrous this was going to get. The boy hadn't touched a broom since last year! What if he had forgotten everything? What would he do? In front of all these people.

Looking up, Lennox saw a small crowd gathering at the stands, watching the trials. To make a fool of himself in front of all these people. While smiling at the Captain, he did his best to hide the lurching feeling in his gut as he waited for further instructions.

User Image
User Image

Unknown Apothecary

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:30 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Bailey gasped as arms embraced her from behind, spinning her in a circle before returning her to flat ground. Turning around, she was greeted by Nevin with a bubbly question and a quick kiss. Smiling happily, she exclaimed, "Nevin! I wasn't expecting you so soon!" Thinking further about what he asked, she blushed a bit before continuing. "Well, I managed to be late on my first day of his class, but he seemed to forgive me. Oh, and Hachi says hi!" She joked with him about his overgrown spider, listening as he made a request. "Sure, no problem." Bailey was curious as to what Nevin wanted to talk to her about, but hearing footsteps behind her, she had no time to ask.

Turning around again, she spotted a second year Hufflepuff who she recognized from their common room, as well as their table in the Great Hall. She smiled at his greeting, nodding as she approached him.
"Pleasure to meet you! I'm Bailey Oliver, Captain, and this is my boyfriend Nevin Asphodel, in case you two haven't met yet. He's our keeper, as of right now anyway." She smirked and glanced over her shoulder. Despite her teasing, she was rather confident that Nevin would be able to uphold his position as team keeper.

Taking a step closer to the table, Bailey leaned over the clipboard and observed what Lennox had wrote.
"Ah, so you're interested in becoming a chaser! Good choice. Here, I'll grab you a broom and some equipment so you can warm up while we wait for the others. Bailey knelt next to the gear she had sorted out, picking up all the required equipment for the chaser position, then chose one of the longer Cleansweeps that stuck out of the barrel. "Here you are! Feel free to get a feel of the pitch. Let me know when you feel confident and I'll take out one of the quaffles for you to practice flying with." After handing him the gear, Bailey turned back to Nevin with a large grin, holding a hand out for him to take. She was happier than ever to have him here with her, it seemed to make the waiting process speed by rather quickly.

[[OOC: Wee! I'm so excited! :3 I have to go, but I'll be back on tonight guys! Sorry for any inconvenience.]]
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:23 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Lennox watched Bailey, all the while smiling and allowing small chuckles to know that he was listening. When he introduced her boyfriend, he gave a small nod and a quiet hello that seemed to be overrun by Bailey's strong presence. As they wandered on to his desired position, Lennox couldn't help but blush slightly. There wasn't a particular thought as to why he had done so but pretended as if he hadn't. Taking all the equipment in his hands, he set them down on the table one by one as the captain's attention was no longer on him.

After taking several minutes to put on the equipment he was given, Lennox was ready to fly. Gripping on the Cleansweep, he walked a several steps away from the table. He didn't want to be knocking anything down in case something went wrong. Mounting the broom as he had learned the previous year, Lennox kicked off the ground hard and was in the air in less then a second.

The cool wind in his hair was something he thoroughly missed. While he was shaken up at first for he hadn't ridden a broom in so long, it didn't take him long to readjust himself. Within seconds, Lennox was flying all around the quidditch pitch. He swerved through the stands and did small laps as he picked up speed. There were moments when he attempted steep dives and recovered from them. At first he nearly crashed onto the stands but was barely milllimeters away from colliding. With a small sigh of relief, Lennox continued to accustom himself in the air. It was almost like riding a bicycle. Only without wheels and he was flying.

Taking that sense of comfort in him, a daring nerve struck him. Crouching into a low position as he would on his bike, Lennox darted from one end up the pitch to the other. Up ahead lay the goal posts. Looking at the ring with determination, he bent forward so much that his chest was touching the broom itself. Barely squeezing through the ring but making it through nontheless, the adrenaline in Lennox was thoroughly pumping. After cooling down from what could have been a disaster, Lennox flew to Bailey so he could get a quaffle to practice with.

User Image
User Image

Unknown Apothecary

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:04 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
A light flush of wind whipped Bailey's dark hair around her face, and her eyes looked above her, finding Lennox zipping away from them on the broom she had provided. She watched carefully as he warmed up, and it seemed no time at all before he was taking the liberty to do tricks. "He's pretty good..." She commented on his flying skill. Her deep brown eyes were wide and she seemed a bit in awe, surprised that this shy boy had so much talent buried inside him.

Bailey gasped a bit as the boy tore straight through one of the Quidditch goals, and began clapping as Lennox descended back towards them, being careful not to cause any pain to her bad wrist.
"Ravishing! Absolutely amazing!" She shouted, a victorious grin smothered across her astonished face. "No offense, but I'm a bit surprised. You learn all that in Flying class?" Her inquiry was casual as she knelt down next to the medium-sized trunk that she had pulled from her bag earlier.

With a small snap, it was open, and she was pulling out a motionless quaffle. Having to tighten the straps that held down the raging, energetic bludger in order to close the lid, Bailey locked it with a small smirk, turning then to the second year boy who was waiting on her.
"Here ya are!" A small, underlying chuckle was present as she tossed Lennox the ball. "Try making it through that ring with this in your arms!" Her dare was playful, and more of a tease, but she smiled nonetheless, turning back towards the entrance of the field in hopes that more would be arriving.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 pm
xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

█████████████████ Muggle Born Hufflepuff ████████████

Jane wandered onto the quidditch field and looked around. She wished she could try out for the team but she would have to wait for next year she supposed. She sat quietly on the ground and looked up at the students flying around on broomsticks.

Made by Purpleinator
ooc; outfit in top picture.

Jane Abigail Doyle

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:18 pm
User Image
User Image

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「It's a new year and a new journey.」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Her Team」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」
~ - ~ωild Ϩtyle~ - ~

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn made her way on to the pitch, broom in hand. Making her way over to the table she signed in.

Name: Aerynn McKenny
Year: Fourth Year
Desired Position: Chaser duh =]

She was excited to see what the house had to offer this year. Looking at who was on the field she smiled. ' Baily and Nevin are so cute together!'Mounting her broom she headed up. "Hey guys! Hope I can keep my spot this year!" She joked, thought it she really did hope so, she was quite happy being on the team. She'd made great friends and had a blast doing it. She just hoped for a repeat from her first year of tryouts.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items