Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:20 am
Oh honey
When I get lost, feel I've been crossed
She will be my salvation
When I feel low, I've nowhere to go
She'll be my inspiration

User Image
H O L L Y
J E S S I C A
M A D I G A N

HALFBLOODHUFFLEPUFFSECOND YEAR

Holly jogged out onto the pitch, excited to try out. She'd never really played any sports before, unless you counted rollerblading, but she'd watched every game last year, she loved Flying class, and really, how hard could it be? All you had to do was hop on a broom and take off. It wasn't like they had to run back and forth across a field. Still, she did some jumping jacks and stretches after filling out the form provided. She didn't want to get some weird leg cramps, fall off her broom, and plummet to her untimely and gruesome death, after all. Although it'd be really exciting if someone else had to catch her mid-air. Maybe the captain. He was cute.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Holly Madigan
House: Hufflepuff
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Chaser or Beater?
Second Choice Position: Wherever!

OOC:
Username

Yeah, when my poor heart is breakin' apart
She'll put it back together
She ain't the kind to show off her mind
But talkin' of love she's clever, yeah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:40 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch VC (in about five minutes)

▬▬"I bought a big bag of potatoes, and it's growing eyes like crazy."▬▬

Yukon ran onto the quidditch field, without his famous goggles this time, he had lost them over the summer and was devastated. However, he couldn't buy another pair, he had other more important things to purchase, like flowers for wooing Aria away from Wren. Hw took a form and quickly filled it out, handing it back to Roland, "What's up Roland? You're looking a little... I dunno, not as ease? Look, if you ever need a buddy I have one for you." He pulled out a wooden potato with a smiling face on it, hoping to bring a bit of cheer to Roland, or anyone that was a little nervous for tryouts. Yukon now, wasn't too worried, sure mostly everyone with reasonable experience was gone, but hey, quidditch would be fun anyways. He looked over and saw little Phee there, maybe Yukon should give him a potato too.

Username: Stefan Lee Salvatore
Character's Name: Yukon Knolle
Year: Fifth Year
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3 (years 2-4)
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Keeper

▬▬"Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see."▬▬

Position:_____
AC: 17
Modifiers: +7 Stealing; +7 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Roll: --
Trying to: Block: --- OR Pass: --

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:34 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ're yoυng υnтιl yoυ're noт
                                          yoυ love υnтιl yoυ don'т, yoυ тry υnтιl yoυ can'т
                                          yoυ laυgн υnтιl yoυ cry, yoυ cry υnтιl yoυ laυgн
                                          and everyone мυѕт вreaтнe υnтιl тнeιr dyιng вreaтн

spaceRoland was relieved to see people showing up, even if the full team wasn't here yet. They'd come, he told himself. He needed to be patient. Of course, his relief at Yukon's arrival was obvious. Especially when the younger boy noticed his anxiety and asked about it. It made him feel better about his... well, not choice, exactly, since he didn't really have one. But, he liked to think that if he did, Yukon would've still been on the list, at least. He huffed out an exasperated sigh. "You might regret that offer here in a sec," he laughed. "Honestly, I'm a little worried we won't have a full team. But, uh, might just be the paranoia talking. I do need to talk to you, though."

spaceHe gestured for Yukon to follow him, walking a short ways away from the table. He never liked these conversations being a big public affair. He should've written Yukon about it, probably, instead of waiting. But he hadn't been sure how. It had to be weird, right, to write to someone you never really talked to just to ask them to take on some huge responsibility? Except that was probably how it was, in fact, done. He sighed again. "Okay, so, thing is... uh, I need a Vice Captain. And I get it if that seems out of the blue or if you're not sure, but. I kind of really need it to be you. Everyone else is too young, and anyway, you'd be good at it. I know you would. So, uh. Please, I guess?" He held his hands up in a placating, pleading gesture. If Yukon said no, he had no idea what to do. He'd probably have to go whine to Professor Shiochet for help. How awful would that be?

no, тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ peer ιnѕιde yoυrѕelғ
                                          yoυ тaĸe тнe тнιngѕ yoυ lιĸe and тry тo love тнe тнιngѕ yoυ тooĸ
                                          and тнen yoυ тaĸe тнaт love yoυ мade and ѕтιcĸ ιт ιnтo ѕoмe
                                          ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ нearт, pυмpιng ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ вlood

[b]Username:[/b]
                                          [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                          [b]House:[/b]
                                          [b]Year:[/b]
                                          [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                          [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                          [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                          [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                          [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                          [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                            You let your 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔱 run ᗯ𝕀Ĺ𝔻
                                                            𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 has 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 as we all go dₒwₙ
                                                            Yeah but for the
                                                            ϝαʅʅ—oh, ᎷᎩ
                                                            Do you
                                                            DΛЯΣ to look them r̷i̷g̷h̷t̷ in the eyes?

Tori arrived on the pitch and quickly filled out a form. Her parents had of course refused to buy her a broom over summer because a violent sport like Quidditch was not important to her studies and she shouldn't even be trying out for the team. She would have to borrow one from the school once again. She was okay with that though. As long as she got to play, she didn't really care. Even if she only got to play at practices.

She began to do stretches after handing in the filled out form and waited for the try outs to start. She doubted she'd make first string this year, but she didn't mind.

Position:
                                                            AC: 13
                                                            Modifiers: +3 to steal, +3 to throw
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                                            Lives: [❤] [❤] [❤]
                                                            Final Roll:

Username: Devlyn MayCry
                                                            Character's Name: Hitori Miyazaki
                                                            Year: Second
                                                            Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                            Advanced Flying II: No
                                                            Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                            Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                                            First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                            Second Choice Position: Whatever You Need

'Cause ƚʜɘʏ will run you down, ᵈᵒʷⁿ 'til the dark
                                                            Yes, and they will
                                                            гยภ you down, down 'til you ʄǟʟʟ
                                                            And they
                                                            ₩łⱠⱠrun you ᗪㄖ山几 down to your ℃Ỗ𝐑ᵉ
                                                            Yeah, 'til you can't
                                                            ςяΔ𝓌ㄥ no more

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:49 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

13 years || Hufflepuff || muggleborn
Dueling Club || Namaste || Quidditch reserve

Eden hadn’t actually learned about Quidditch until halfway through his first year, But he’d taken Advanced Flying last year and promised Yukon he would try out this year, so...here he was. It wasn’t until he looked around and realized he barely recognized anyone that he wondered if he had perhaps been a little too much of a loner the last two years. These were all Hufflepuffs, right?

He filled out the form in neat blocky letters and when he turned around he noticed Yukon talking to Captain Roland, and Weslyn in his year filling out the form. A little smile and little pink he didn’t quite understand crossed his face: ”Hey Weslyn. ”

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Eden Harper
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Currently
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Mean Swing.
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Seeker or Any

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2050 || with Hufflepuffs?
appearance 5’1”, 125 lbs || wearing sweater + jeans
status Oh yeah I forgot Wes was in Quidditch

Position:
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
AC: 10
Modifiers: + 2 to seeing the snitch, catching the quaffle/ snitch and hitting the bludger
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Mean Swing.
Lives: <3 <3 <3

”QUOTING”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
At night I dream of a desert land
And find I'm drowning in the sand
Hour glass upon my bed side stand
Running with the second hand
Keep close what you love
Keep fears even closer
♖♜
"Desert Dream” by Larkin Poe, from Epistory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:04 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

third year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club || Quidditch watergirl

Weslyn followed Yukon to tryouts. She didn’t really like Quidditch, but she felt like she was appreciated on the team anyways, even if it was just helping to clean up, making sure people had water, and being a warm body for people to maneuver around. And she did feel in much better shape from running around every week!

She had tried spreading the word that there would be warm, hand-knit scarves for anyone new who tried out, but...well, Weslyn wasn’t the best at getting the word out. Wren had offered to have Sparrow scream it at breakfast that morning-- now Wes wished she hadn’t refused so urgently. This...she hadn’t planned this very well. Even though she’d gotten the scarves made in record time, it really didn’t make a difference if she didn’t tell people, did it?

But when she arrived she was happy to see new faces. Roland pulled Yukon aside before she could bring up the presents, so she just left the bag next to the forms and figured she could tell him later.

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Weslyn Knolle
Year: third
Advanced Flying I: currently
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: reserve please! Watergirl was fun smile
Second Choice Position: I guess whatever the team needs?

She turned when someone called her name and smiled. ”Hi Eden. You’re here! I-I um made scarves if you’d like one?”

He took one awkwardly. It wasn’t quite scarf weather, but he wrapped it around carefully anyways with a polite ”Thank you. Was this what you’ve been working on this week?”

She nodded and, noticing everyone else stretching, felt like she ought to show him the stretches they usually did. But Wes needn’t have worried: Eden caught on as well, and soon the two joined the others stretching amid shy conversation.

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2050 || with Hufflepuff people
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing Overalls
status I didn't plan that very well....but at least we have new people!

And y'all feel free to interrupt they aren't talking serious things.

Position: reserve pls
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
Modifiers: +1 to all
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

[quotex="Cara MiaKitty"]

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home
✿❀
~"Home" by Phillip Phillips, cover by Peter Hollens. .

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:25 am
User Image
                                                ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Lucas Morris
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Hufflepuff - Beater - Pureblood
                                                Member of the Astronomy Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Lucas was more than thrilled that his best friend was the captain on their Quidditch team this year. But he also knew how nervous Roland was – in fact, that was basically all he had talked about the night before after catching up about their summers, anyway. When he arrived on the pitch, he pulled a form from the pile and filled it out. Usually the captain handed them out, but Roland was a little busy at that moment talking to Yukon. Lucas knew he planned on asking Yukon to be his vice captain, and he also assured Luke that it would have been him if he would have been graduating after Roland. As it stood, the team would have needed a new captain and vice captain in two years if Luke would have been chosen.

Position:
                                                Armour Class: 20
                                                Modifiers: (hitting +8 )
                                                Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                Total Roll:
                                                Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                                Hit: > opponent's AC
                                                Save: > 15
                                                Hit Self: < 4

Username: kiska166
                                                Character's Name: Lucas Morris
                                                Year: Sixth
                                                Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
                                                Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                First Choice Position: Beater
                                                Second Choice Position: Beater

I won't waste no time thinking about you anymore
                                                I won't waste no time talking about you anymore 'cause now I got new problems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:00 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch VC (in about five minutes)

▬▬"I bought a big bag of potatoes, and it's growing eyes like crazy."▬▬

Yukon followed Roland, as he said he needed to talk to him, oh no, was Roland more stressed than Yukon had thought? Was it because he was preparing for his classes, prefect duties, and quidditch captain? No matter what, Yukon would do his best to help out his older teammate. Roland sighed, then threw out the question of Yukon benign Quidditch Vice Captain. Wait. What? That was not what Yukon was expecting. He fell to the ground, as dramatically as possible, as if fainting from the shock from the question. He quickly jumped up and grinned, “This is Spudtacular! I would LOVE to. It sounds like fun. I can be the second in charge tater. A leading Tater. Think of all the extra recruitment I could get done as a Vice Captain, instead of just a regular member. This is great. Thank you Roland!” He hugged Roland, a very normal gesture to Yukon (pft he had hugged WREN of all people before). He thought to himself other benefits of Vice Captain Hood, he may not have to participate in tryouts. Or at least whenever he became Captain he wouldn’t, that would be less effort on his part, that would be a great thing. Yes. Becoming Quidditch Vice Captain of Hufflepuff would be great. He couldn't wait to go tell Aria what had happened.

▬▬"Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see."▬▬

Position:_____
AC: 17
Modifiers: +7 Stealing; +7 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Roll: --
Trying to: Block: --- OR Pass: --

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:42 pm
User Image
                                                Down upon the canvas, working meal to meal
                                                Waiting for a chance to pick on your orange field
                                                Up and up
                                                Up and up

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

հսբբlεթսբբ || բօսгէհ ყεձг || թսгεъlօօժ

════════════════════════

Honestly, Angus was surprised that he hadn't tried out for quidditch yet. Maybe part of the reason was because he just hadn't felt the need to, but hearing that his house team was having issues with membership, and now looking at the team, he shrugged. He could always play. Coming up, he took a form and filled it out, wondering just exactly what he was getting himself into.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Angus McLellan
                                                Year: Fourth
                                                Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Nada
                                                Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                First Choice Position: I guess wherever you need me?
                                                Second Choice Position: Seriously, wherever.

AC: 15
                                                Modifiers: Spotting +5, Catching +5
                                                Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
                                                Lives: [o] [o] [o] x
                                                Final Roll: --

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, it can't get worse.
                                                OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

But you can say what is, or fight for it
                                                Close your mind or take a risk
                                                You can say, "It's mine," and clench your fist
                                                Or see each sunrise as a gift

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ're yoυng υnтιl yoυ're noт
                                          yoυ love υnтιl yoυ don'т, yoυ тry υnтιl yoυ can'т
                                          yoυ laυgн υnтιl yoυ cry, yoυ cry υnтιl yoυ laυgн
                                          and everyone мυѕт вreaтнe υnтιl тнeιr dyιng вreaтн

spaceRoland was equal parts amused and relieved by Yukon's enthusiasm (and admittedly, a little exasperated by the potato puns, but hey, if it made the guy happy). He did somewhat regret not having asked him about the Vice Captainship sooner since apparently recruitment was something he considered part of his goals, and tryouts were fairly sparse looking. But, they had enough players for a team plus a couple reserves, so he wouldn't complain. Much. "Awesome," he said with a grin. "And, thank you for being willing to take this on. It's a lot of responsibility. But, I'm sure you'll do great." This was the part where his sister would've affectionately punched the guy on the shoulder, or something. Roland was more of a hugger, but-

spaceWell, he'd been thinking he didn't know Yukon well enough to hug the guy, but that hadn't stopped the younger student from going for it anyway. A little relieved to be saved from that awkwardness (what was he gonna do, pat him on the shoulder like a dad or something?), he hugged him back.
                                          "Alright, let's get tryouts figured out, then."

spaceRoland looked over the forms everyone had filled out, took a couple notes, and then whistled for everyone's attention. He debated magnifying his voice, but honestly there weren't enough of them for it to be necessary. As long as everyone behaved themselves, anyway. "Alright, guys, round up!" he called. "I'm Roland Bishop, your team captain for the next two years! This is Yukon Knolle, vice captain. First thing, if you've got any questions about anything, you come to one of us. Problems, too, but hopefully we won't have too many of those."

spaceHe paused, trying to think if there was anything else to get out of the way before he got into tryouts themselves. Nothing came to mind, so he continued. "To start off, I'm going to lead you guys in some warmup stretches and exercises. Then we'll do some laps, and then we can get into the actual meat of the tryouts. Once the team's been announced and we're practicing properly, I'll be running you through the same warmup drills each time we meet, so get used to it." He instructed everyone to make room for themselves, then started leading through stretches and things to get everybody ready. It wouldn't do to have pulled muscles or anything his first official day as captain.

spaceWarmups accomplished, he looked over his notes, then set to work on tryout positions.
                                          "Alright, now. We're a pretty small group, so tryouts will be by position. Weslyn, I'm going to have you play keeper against Tori and Holly. Lucas, Ollie, and Eden, you'll be aiming at targets*. Phoenix and Angus, you guys will be competing against each other to catch the snitch. Yukon and I are going to supervise. So, let's go." Orders given, he led the team to the pitch, closer to the goals on one side since they only had one keeper, and put the balls into play. Once that was done, he got on his broom and flew up overhead to watch.

no, тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ peer ιnѕιde yoυrѕelғ
                                          yoυ тaĸe тнe тнιngѕ yoυ lιĸe and тry тo love тнe тнιngѕ yoυ тooĸ
                                          and тнen yoυ тaĸe тнaт love yoυ мade and ѕтιcĸ ιт ιnтo ѕoмe
                                          ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ нearт, pυмpιng ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ вlood

* beater targets have an AC of 16

[b]Username:[/b]
                                          [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                          [b]House:[/b]
                                          [b]Year:[/b]
                                          [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                          [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                          [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                          [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                          [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                          [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Kiska166

Kungfudemoness

Devlyn Maycry

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:10 pm
User Image

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here

Phee enjoyed the warm ups. Exercise was fun. After warm ups and getting their roles he flew up to look for the snitch

Total roll: 21 SPOTTED
                                                                              Position:
                                                                              AC: 12
                                                                              Modifiers: +2 spot, catch
                                                                              Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                                              0 of 3 Chase
                                                                              0or 2 Catch
                                                                              Lives: [♥] [♥] [♥]

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
                                                                              I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
                                                                              And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
                                                                              And breakaway

null

null

null

Devlyn Maycry rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 9, 9, 4, 6, 7, 6, 2, 3 Total: 62 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                            You let your 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔱 run ᗯ𝕀Ĺ𝔻
                                                            𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 has 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 as we all go dₒwₙ
                                                            Yeah but for the
                                                            ϝαʅʅ—oh, ᎷᎩ
                                                            Do you
                                                            DΛЯΣ to look them r̷i̷g̷h̷t̷ in the eyes?

Tori nodded as Roland introduced himself and explained the way tryouts were going to run. After working through the warm ups she took off for the quaffle as it was tossed up. Hopefully she could get it before Holly.

Position: Chaser
                                                            Modifiers: +3 to steal, +3 to throw
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                                            Final Roll:

'Cause ƚʜɘʏ will run you down, ᵈᵒʷⁿ 'til the dark
                                                            Yes, and they will
                                                            гยภ you down, down 'til you ʄǟʟʟ
                                                            And they
                                                            ₩łⱠⱠrun you ᗪㄖ山几 down to your ℃Ỗ𝐑ᵉ
                                                            Yeah, 'til you can't
                                                            ςяΔ𝓌ㄥ no more

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:12 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

13 years || Hufflepuff || muggleborn
Dueling Club || Namaste || Quidditch reserve

Eden was almost thankful when Captain Roland whistled for the team's attention. It wasn't that he didn't like talking to Weslyn--far from it!-- but seeing her always made him feel like the world was a little warmer and talking to her gave him little butterflies in his stomach.

Wes seemed relieved to be assigned keeper. Following the announcement, stretches, and a few laps around the Pitch, Weslyn took off towards the posts with a "Good luck!" which Eden replied in kind.

He picked up a bat, trying to remember if this was the right way to hold it, and floated over to Lucas and Ollie. These were the beaters who had won them the Quidditch Cup last year. They would no doubt make the starting lineup, but Eden was going to do his best to learn from them. "Good evening, uhm... Misters Morris and Zywiec, sirs. I mean. Lucas and Ollie. Um. Nice to meet you. I hope to learn a lot from you." he finished stiffly. This was so weird. But Captain Roland had called them by their first names so. That was how it went?

Alright. First bludger. As it came barreling towards them, Eden glanced back at the dummy, towards the bludger, and reached out to give it a hearty swing and was very pleased when it struck true, sending the bludger unerringly towards the center of the dummy. Good. Hopefully he could keep this up and Lucas and Ollie would accept him under their tutelage.

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2050 || with Hufflepuffs?
appearance 5’1”, 125 lbs || wearing sweater + jeans
status Right Beaters. Bludgers. I remember this.

EDIT: Just a dialogue edit to be more in character I think. Sorry for the barrage of quotes

Position: beater
Total roll: 17 + 3= 20

Stats:
AC: 11
Modifiers: + 3 to seeing the snitch, catching the quaffle/ snitch and hitting the bludger
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Mean Swing.
Lives: <3 <3 <3

kiska166

Kungfudemoness

At night I dream of a desert land
And find I'm drowning in the sand
Hour glass upon my bed side stand
Running with the second hand
Keep close what you love
Keep fears even closer
♖♜
"Desert Dream” by Larkin Poe, from Epistory

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:41 pm
User Image
                                                ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Lucas Morris
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Hufflepuff - Beater - Pureblood
                                                Member of the Astronomy Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Lucas stretched and warmed up before taking off into the air with the other two Beaters. They'd be aiming at targets. Although they weren't his favourite as be preferred the challenge of hitting other players, Luke was glad they weren't at a standstill. He turned his attention over to Eden, who had officially introduced himself to him and Ollie. It wasn't like they didn't know each other really, considering they were in the same house. However, they hadn't spoken before, either, which was pretty odd since Lucas spoke with just about anyone. "Nice to meet you, Eden," he responded. "Hopefully we'll be able to teach ya lots." Luke thought it was pretty cool having a protege of sorts. He watched as Eden managed to hit a target and cheered him.on before aiming at one himself.

Position: Beater
                                                Armour Class: 20
                                                Modifiers: (hitting +8 )
                                                Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                Total Roll: 18 (hit!)
                                                Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                                Hit: > opponent's AC
                                                Save: > 15
                                                Hit Self: < 4

I won't waste no time thinking about you anymore
                                                I won't waste no time talking about you anymore 'cause now I got new problems

addaellis
kungfudemoness

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A world that sends you reeling
                                                                            From decimated dreams
                                                                            Your misery and hate will kill us all
                                                                            So paint it black, and take it back
                                                                            Let's shout it loud and clear, defiant to the end

Ollie streached with the rest of the team and took to the air. The youngest and newest beater came to introduce himself. "we will certainly try if anything we can show what not to do as well. Ollie said with a smile. He was able to do that more now. Je jad finally come to relize his parents wojlnt want him so sad over them and that time does heal wounds, not fully but he was at least a funtioning teen. Speaking of functioning he should hit a bludger that was coming at him.

Position: beater
                                                                                      AC: 20
                                                                                      Modifiers: +10 AC +8 BLUDGER
                                                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                                                      Total roll: 16 tie! So he just misses

Do or die, you'll never make me
                                                                                      Because the world will never take my heart
                                                                                      You can try, you'll never break me
                                                                                      We wanna all, we want to play this part

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games