Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:17 am
User Image
Team Captain
Cathaline League

Vice Captain
Rider Wilson

Chasers
Cathaline League
Rider Wilson
Iris Whitte

Beaters
Jasper Lancaster
Zephyros Whitethorne

Keeper
Lionel Lira

Seeker
Alice Lancaster

Reserves
Chaser #1: Emma Bailey
Chaser #2: Siobhan Grey
Keeper #1: Emily Vanadeth
Reserve Beater #1: Chase Morris
Reserve Beater #2: Harper Warren
Reserve Seeker #1: Layton Bannister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:41 pm
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
<7th Year Hufflepuff>
AC: 20
Modifiers: (+8 Stealing) (+6 Scoring)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe

Lives:

Roll: XX (+8 Stealing) (+6 Scoring) = XX
Moves to Goal: XX/3

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

This was Cathy's last year of quidditch and she was going to make it monumental. She was determined to make this the best year that Hufflepuff ever had or at least since she joined the team. She was realistic and practical and knew that her team might not win the cup but there was no reason why Hufflepuff wouldn't make a splash. Why she shouldn't make a splash. She was going to be noticed by those who counted even if she had to bribe scouts to go to her games to see her. That wasn't like buying your spot into professional quidditch, it was more buying an opportunity to work your way into a spot, nothing wrong about that. She had magicked the equipment down to the pitch and planned if a professor stopped her to get into a lengthy debate about the fact she was now an adult according to the wizarding world and if the professors could use magic in the hallways adult witches and wizards in their seventh year should. If the underclassmen wanted a perfect example on following all rules without thinking outside the box they had Danica. Danica who so happened to look up to the headgirl that Cathy knew very well did far more than just snogged in practically every broom closet. Eww... some people had no shame.

Setting up the equipment for her new crew to try out she pulled out a self-inking quill and a stack of parchment that was the sign-up forms that were a given every year. Smiling a large grin she held the forms out, checked her make-up and hair for a minute before putting away her mirror. Good she looked fabulous and her team should too-at least skill wise. And if the girls didn't know how to properly do good make-up or pull their hair up cute well she could suggest a slumber party early in the year and give them tips. "Quidditch team bonding" and it sounded fun and that was what quidditch was about having fun. Oh and winning. And looking great and memorable if you didn't snag a win. That stuff too.

As the first of her team arrived she held out a form and said, "Be sure to fill one of these out and best of luck for this year try outs."

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

<>

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 pm
User Image

User Image

Hufflepuff │ Reserve Seeker │ Fourth Year

Layton walked out onto the pitch, very hopeful to finally make it onto first string. He had waited it out patiently since first year, and while there was still the chance he'd be on reserves again, he strongly hoped not. Giving Cathy a smile and wave, he grabbed a form and started to fill it out before passing it back in.

Name Here

OOC:

♥ Selina Grey ♥

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Username: Deviled Dregs
Character's Name: Layton Bannister
House: Hufflepuff
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Anything  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:59 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location : Hufflepuff Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Emma walked onto the pitch for try-outs with determination. She wanted to do well today. Even if she was only going to make reserve, Emma didn't care. She wanted to give it her all on the field. Holding her broom in her hand the second year puff smiled to Cathy and Layton as she approached. "Hi Cathy. Hi Layton." She greeted them before taking a form and filling it out like she did the year before. This time she had experience to back her but so did everybody else. "Good luck today." She added with a smile as she handed in her form. Emma couldn't wait to do her very best and have some fun.

- - - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
Character's Name: Emma Bailey
Year: 2nd Year
Advanced Flying I: Currently Enrolled
Advanced Flying II: Not yet...
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1 Year
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Anywhere else you need me to be.

- - - - - - - - -

With: Fellow Hufflepuffs

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 AC, +3 Stealing, +3 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
A loyal friend like you?
I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:59 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxThird Year

The young keeper had walked onto the pitch, ready for the tryouts to begin. He hoped that he could retain his position in the starting x1, but knew that Emily was a great goalkeeper as well. He would have to fight for the position if he wanted to keep it and fight for it he shall. He would make sure to not let the competition get the best of him however and make sure that he didn't forget about good sportsmanship. If he got scored on...well, he got scored on. The key to being a good keeper was to have a short memory on the pitch. He couldn't dwell on past mistakes and had to move forward on them most of the times.

He walked up to the captain, giving a casual 'hello' and a wave. He was happy to see her actually. She put her faith in him during the year last year and he was determined to make sure she knew her faith was well placed with him. He had practiced over the summer in his backyard...well, football keeper abilities, but it turned out that a lot of intellectual parts of football keeper translated over well in Quidditch. Like, knowing when to hold the line, or knowing when to come off the line to cut down angles. That aspect seemed to be in both games really.

He looked at the usual sheet they had to fill out and went to it, filling it out quickly and precisely. On the sheets, the words wrote"

( Username: RedEagleEye007 )
Character's Name: Lionel Lira
Year: 3rd
Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Hold the Line, Great Catch
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: Any place I am needed

He finished with the papers and handed it in to the Captain, going over to get a few stretches in before the Team Tryouts happened.

Position: Keeper
AC: 14
Modifiers: +6 To Saves
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Hold the Line, Great Catch
Roll:
Final Roll #:
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:24 pm
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X User Image

User Image

∞ Halfblood ∞ Sixth Year ∞ Broken Family ∞

✖I can't seem to fight these F E E L I N G S
                                                        I'm caught in the
                                                        middleof this.
                                                        And my
                                                        ฬ ๏ ย ภ ๔ ร are not нεαℓιиģ
                                                        I just wanna know the truth!
                                                        W A N T ✖ T O ✖ K N O W the truth...

Chase walked onto the quidditch pitch. She was still trying out of course. Quidditch was her future. Whether or not Caty saw her potential. Of course, if she didn't make the team this year, she'd be even more mad than last year. She was the best beater trying out, and the one with the most experience! She took a form from Caty and gave her a friendly smile, before quickly filling it out and handing it back in. She then proceeded to beging stretching and priming herself for try outs.

Position: Beater
                                                        AC: 19
                                                        Modifiers: +7 to swings
                                                        Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                        Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                        Above AC to hit
                                                        Below a natural 3 hit self
                                                        Above 15 to save.
                                                        0-0

Username: Devlyn Maycry
                                                        Character's Name: Chase Morris
                                                        Year: Fifth
                                                        Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4 (3+ MTA)
                                                        Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer Mean Swing and Deft Dodger
                                                        First Choice Position: Beater
                                                        Second Choice Position: Chaser

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:56 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingleReserve Chaser

Hannah happily strolled out onto the pitch, eager for the chance to prove to her captain how much she'd learned, having spent last year as a Reserve Chaser, and studying the game over the summer. Moreover, she'd gotten a brand new broomstick of her own to fly this time, instead of some school broom with barely enough bristles to be called such. The slim little twelve-year Hufflepuff was confident she could prove her worth, all she needed was a chance, even if most of those trying out were older and more experienced than she.

For tryouts, she wore an over-sized yellow Tee-shirt she'd customized with a drawing of a badger and the words 'Remain Calm and Badger On' in black lettering, and a pair of wide-bottomed black jeans. Her sneakers had yellow shoelaces, and little golden badger charms attached to the ends, while her long indigo hair was pulled back into a ponytail, tied with yellow hair ribbons. Nobody could claim she didn't have House spirit.

When she arrived, she waved at Selina's boyfriend, Layton, and at her friend Emma, before approaching the team captain, and collecting a form from her to fill out. When she finished filling it out, Hannah went over to stand by Emma. "Good luck, Emma," she told her friend. "Hope this is our year." She glanced up into the stands, and saw her cousin already up there.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Hannah Grey
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: no, but enrolled in
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1 (One year as Reserve Chaser)
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
Second Choice Position: Whatever the team needs

User Image

OOC:
AC: 15
Modifiers: +3 to Hit/Avoid Bludgers
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
Username

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

--------ғ ι ғ т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ---------
нυғғlepυғғ vιce capтaιn

Rider trotted down to the pitch with her broom and gear slung over her shoulder and a book tucked under her arm. "Hey Cathy! Sorry I'm a little late. I made a potential play book." She was beaming at her team captain. This was her last year and then... Rider would be Captain. She already had a couple of selections in mind for who she would tap as Vice Captain. Once she got to the pitch, she set her broom down on the ground and started to stretch. Warm ups were important, after all.

{AC: 17
Mods: Shooting +7, Stealing +7
Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
Lives: X X X
Final Roll: -}

Username: SummerIsles
Character's Name: Rider Wilson
Year: 5th
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
Second Choice Position: Keeper

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

SummerIsles

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:29 pm
User Image
                                                    Take all of your wasted honor
                                                    Every little past frustration
                                                    Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                    Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝒹 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || ℋ𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 || 𝐵𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Zeph had his hands stuck in his pockets as well as his broom slung over his shoulder when he walked onto the pitch. He was hoping that he had better luck this year as opposed to last year, but that might be wishful thinking. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either. He had to be somewhere in the middle. However, considering how the team was looking, they needed a seeker. A position he was probably too big to play. Seekers tended to be small, and the idea of someone as tall as him taking the position was not ideal. He took a form from Caty, figuring on filling it out and getting tryouts over with. If nothing else, maybe he would get lucky and he wouldn't be that bad. Not that he had been bad before, he just wasn't good.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                    Character's Name: Zephyros Whitethorne
                                                    Year: Third
                                                    Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                    Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                    Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer
                                                    Second Choice Position: I guess still beater.

AC: 14
                                                    Modifiers: Hitting Bludgers +4
                                                    Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer
                                                    Lives: # # # #
                                                    Final Roll: --

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, here's hoping I don't get a bludger to the face.
                                                    OOC:
                                                    Snow

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                    And your faith is broken
                                                    Even as the eyes are closing
                                                    Do it with a heart wide open

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:15 pm
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Sixth Year~Pure Blood

There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
There's a scream in your voice
And I hope you will be heard

Iris sauntered down to the pitch, ready to fly. Rolling her neck, she grabbed one of the sign up sheets, scribbled her responses, and handed it back. "Hey Cathy, good day for flying, eh?"

Username: Nanashi Kage Enjeru
                                    Character's Name: Iris Whitte
                                    Year: 6
                                    Advanced Flying I: yes
                                    Advanced Flying II: yes
                                    Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
                                    Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                    Second Choice Position: Beater

There's a fire in your eyes*
And I hope you'll let it burn*
Until you're heard*

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Hufflepuff 0 | Opponent 0
{Life 1} | {Life 2} | {Life 3}
Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =18
Player's skills = Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Advanced Flying 1+2, 5 Years Experience
Bludgers hurt: N/A
Posts to goal: 0/3
Total Roll Modifiers: +7 steal, +7 score
This roll after modifiers=

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:39 pm
Annabelle Davenport
Hufflepuff, Second Year

Bella made her way onto the pitch and grabbed a form from the captain to fill out. She really hoped she could keep up with the older students this year.

Username: amo10690
Character's Name: Annabelle Davenport
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: enrolled
Advanced Flying II: not yet
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Sharp Eyes, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Chaser? Keeper? Anything

OOC: Seeker
Total:
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 Spotting the Snitch, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Great Catch, Sharp Eyes, Swift Swipe
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:01 am
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
<7th Year Hufflepuff>
AC: 20
Modifiers: (+8 Stealing) (+6 Scoring)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe

Lives:

Roll: XX (+8 Stealing) (+6 Scoring) = XX
Moves to Goal: XX/3

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Cathy smiled and greeted all of those who came on the pitch and when greeted by Iris, Cathy chuckled and said, "Any day is a great day for flying if you ask me." It wasn't entirely true as a day where it was raining or hailing might not be that great but that was why they made waterproof make-up. Smiling, Cathy called out as she looked through the forms, "Alright everyone gather up we're going to set up try outs for now. So, for those of you who are new and those who are an older just a reminder, I'm Cathaline League your captain and Rider Wilson is your vice captain and will be your captain next year so you better be super nice to both of us. Kidding, but being nice is always a plus, yes? Alright so I'm going to do tryouts like this: Layton and Annabella will be separately trying to catch the snitch, and for everyone else we'll break up into teams. Yellow team will be with the chasers Rider and Iris with beaters Chase and Hannah. Black team chasers will be myself and Emma with Zephyros for beater. Lionel you'll be serving as keeper for both teams."

"If any of you have questions feel free to ask Rider or myself," She added with a smile and then released the snitch and tossed up the quaffle to start the try-outs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{OoC: }
amo10690

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Diamond Wales

SummerIsles

Graydon Ironshield

Devlyn Maycry

RedEagleEye007

murruelecreuset

Deviled Dregs

<>

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
murruelecreuset rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 1, 3, 5, 7, 6, 7, 1, 3 Total: 41 (10-100)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:24 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location : Hufflepuff Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Emma watched as more members came onto the field, her friend Hannah included. "Hi Hannah, good luck to you too." She greeted back to her before Cathy got things underway. 'Here goes nothing....' She thought as the quaffle was thrown. Getting up into the air, Emma went for it hoping to get her hands on the ball first.

With: Fellow Hufflepuffs

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: Black Team Chaser
Stealing From --- 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 AC, +3 Stealing, +3 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Teams :
Yellow team :
Chasers : Rider, Iris
Beaters Chase, Hannah.

Black team :
Chasers : Cathy, Emma
Beater : Zephyros.

Keeper : Lionel
Seekers : Layton, Annabella

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
A loyal friend like you?
I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
Hufflepuff!

amo10690 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:12 pm
Annabelle Davenport
Hufflepuff, Second Year

Bella nodded nervously as she was assigned to her ideal seeker position. The young brunette quickly mounted her broom being one of the first in the air. Then the hunt for the snitch began.

OOC: Seeker
Total: 5
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 Spotting the Snitch, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Great Catch, Sharp Eyes, Swift Swipe

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Deviled Dregs rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:50 pm
User Image

User Image

Hufflepuff │ Reserve Seeker │ Fourth Year

Layton shot up into the air as the snitch was released, his one eye looking all around for it.

Name Here

OOC:

♥ Selina Grey ♥

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Position: Seeker
    AC: 16
    Modifiers: +6 to spotting and catching
    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
    Lives: x x x
    Final roll: 12
    Seeking: /3
    Catching: /2

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games