Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Team Posted! [[Oct-Dec 23]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:54 pm
User Image
User Image

Another day, another life
Passes by just like mine
It's not complicated
Another mind, another soul
Another body to grow old
It's not complicated

Dating ~ Mira Mitchell

As Timothy was observing everyone he took notice of one of the first years trying out and saw his look of...well terror for one and utmost confusion for two. He had assumed the young kid knew at least the basics of what he was doing, because seriously if you were going out for a sport you'd at least learn how to play it right? Especially if you were choosing one of the dangerous spots! But now that he was thinking it over he was inwardly kicking himself for not at least making sure everyone knew what to do before letting them lose. He let loose a whistle and motioned for Fay to land before offering him a sheepish look and doing his spell again. "I couldn't help but notice you looked a bit confused up there and I thought I'd offer a bit of background before letting you back in the air. Quidditch is rather like football in that the point is to make as many goals as possible. Unlike in football, there's a tiny golden snitch which is impossibly fast that if one team catches it wins one hundred and fifty points as well as ends the game. The chasers are the ones who go after the quaffle, the weirdly shaped red ball, to make a score. The beaters, you, try to protect and deflect bludgers, the iron round balls zooming all over the place, away from their players and towards the other team's players. And the seeker is the one who actually goes after the snitch, they're usually the fastest with the keenest eye as well as the one you'll probably be deflecting bludgers from and or aiming towards. Do you understand it a bit better now?" Timothy asked nervously.

Captain
Position: Keeper
AC: 16
Modifiers: +11
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Great Catch, Swift Swipe
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Utsuha Moon

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you? [wearing]
Float down like autumn leaves [Quidditch Pitch]
And hush now [Team hopefuls]
Close your eyes before the sleep [Opening tryouts]
And you're miles away [ooc:]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:37 am
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11
                                                  Just to figure out that no one would call.
                                                  I think I've got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them
                                                  What's another night all alone?
                                                  When you're spending everyday on your own.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys continued after the snitch, everything else forgotten. At least he knew with a certainty that he wasn't being aimed at with bludgers during this. When games started, that was going to be a whole different story. Which, judging from the fact that he was the only seeker trying out, meant that he was probably going to be the only one in this position this year.

AC: 14
                                                  Modifiers: +4 for spotting, +4 for catching
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [x] [x] [x]
                                                  Final Roll: 20 (Spotted!)
                                                  2/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════

Thinking: .............................
                                                  OOC:

And maybe when the night is dead,
                                                  I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I'm staring at these 4 walls again.
                                                  I'll try to think about the last time
                                                  I had a good time
                                                  Everyone's got somewhere to go
                                                  And they're gonna leave me here on my own.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:36 pm
H A Y D E N "A H N N A" A T T E R B E R R Y

First Year UnsortedMetamorphmagus

User Image

We're about to be so much closer than
                                                      you thought that we could ever be.
                                                      Well, I'm sorry to say that I gave it away.
                                                      We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

She didn't hit anything her first try, but she tried again. She aimed at Dylan this time.

Position: Beater
                                                      Modifiers: +2 to swings
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                      Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                      Above AC to hit
                                                      Below a natural 3 hit self
                                                      Above 15 to save.
                                                      BRONZE TEAM
                                                      0-0

She's like a rock
                                                      and you keep chipping off a piece
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,
                                                      gotta be something more than this.
                                                      In a life full of exits and entrances.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 pm

User Image

User Image
                              first year x ;; ravenclaw x ;; muggleborn xx

Did he look so dumb that the captain called him down to tell him how dumb he looked? In Fay's mind, yes. In reality, he was given a crash course in quidditch. "So in summary, seekers play tag, chasers play American football, and beaters play baseball?" Fay could sort of draw this conclusion during the time he spent flailing his bat around (it wasn't hard to figure out a beater's role, hence the name), but it was nice being given the information. Else, Fay may have gone into a game thinking every beater who hit a seeker with a bludger would need to be benched. Fay lowered his voice, "How stupid did I look out there?" He needed to know

Bronze Team Beater
                              Modifiers: +2 swings
                              [ ] [ ] [ ]
                              Final Roll: 20

oocx ;; { insecure lil bun }

Yukina101

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:05 pm
User Image
User Image

Passes by just like mine
It's not complicated
Another body to grow old
It's not complicated

Dating ~ Mira Mitchell

As Timothy grinned in amusement as Fay gave him his own summary over the Quidditch positions but still nodded since they were mostly correct. "It's more hide and go seek for seekers but basically yeah." his thought bubble produced for him. At his low question he offered the boy a sheepish expression and tried to resist the urge to ruffle his hair since he reminded him a bit of a forlorn puppy. "Your form looked great for someone who's probably never seen a bludger before. But you also looked part confused and part madly terrified so I thought I'd offer some assistance. But on the plus side, one of your bludgers nearly hit one of our best chasers so, keep up the good work." Timothy couldn't even stop himself before he was reaching out lightly rumpling the first year's hair then waving him off to go back off to the game.

Captain

Utsuha Moon

And hush now [Team hopefuls]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:36 pm
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11
                                                  Just to figure out that no one would call.
                                                  I think I've got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them
                                                  What's another night all alone?
                                                  When you're spending everyday on your own.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys was almost there. One more good push and he could probably grab it. That is, if his luck was any good. He hadn't had the best luck with the snitch, but that wasn't going to stop him from actually trying.

Modifiers: +4 for spotting, +4 for catching
                                                  Final Roll: 20 (Spotted!)
                                                  3/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════

Thinking: .............................
                                                  OOC:

And maybe when the night is dead,
                                                  I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I'm staring at these 4 walls again.
                                                  I'll try to think about the last time
                                                  I had a good time
                                                  Everyone's got somewhere to go
                                                  And they're gonna leave me here on my own.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw │ Seventh Year │ Chaser │ Prefect & Head Boy

Dylan dodged both a steal attempt from Grace and a bludger from Ahnna, sliding in to the goals and tossing the quaffle into the hoops.

Quote:

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Emily Vanadeth ❤

Position: Chaser
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 to stealing and scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: x x x
Final roll:
Posts to goal: 3/3

Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:42 pm

First Year UnsortedMetamorphmagus

User Image

We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

Ahnna missed once again and glared in annoyance. She spotted Di hanging out as Dylan threw the quaffle towards the hoops. She aimed towards her and hoped she hit.

Modifiers: +2 to swings
                                                      Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                      Above AC to hit
                                                      Above 15 to save.
                                                      BRONZE TEAM
                                                      0-0

She's like a rock
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Utsuha Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:49 pm

User Image

User Image
                              first year x ;; ravenclaw x ;; muggleborn xx

Fay smiled, practically beamed, at the praise. His brain would later edit out the "confused and madly terrified" portion, but nevertheless it still counted towards a boost to his self-esteem. The light rumple of hair made him smile, reminding him of his own older bro (minus the noogie that would always follow). Fay'd just needed to continue doing his best, and everything will be okay! Besides, how hard could it be?

Kicking off the ground a second time, now with a better idea of what he's supposed to do, Fay didn't spend much time chasing after bludgers before he found one he could it. He took aim at the so-called "best chaser" Dylan (well, if Fay could hit the best moving target, maybe he'd get some bonus points?).

Bronze Team Beater
                              Modifiers: +2 swings
                              [ ] [ ] [ ]
                              Final Roll: 9

oocx ;; { rip }

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:04 pm
User Image
User Image

Passes by just like mine
It's not complicated
Another body to grow old
It's not complicated

Dating ~ Mira Mitchell

Timothy continued watching for a bit before glancing down at his watch and frowning at the time. He hadn't even realized it was getting so late, he had to get a better grasp on time management if he wanted to run the team and study for his NEWT's. He motioned Lola down to discuss the team hopefuls and made sure to cancel his spell so that he was forced to write everything down. He didn't need some nosy person reading his speech bubble and ruining it for the rest. He made sure to make all positive and negative points of the players known (and rolling his eyes at yet another disagreement on a certain chaser) before they came to an agreement they were both happy with. Well, mainly he was happy that she was happy with. She was going to be the one taking over next year after all. If he could he would've just handed the team over to her already. He whistled and caught the attention of the team and did the same motion for them to all land and waited until every person was situated back onto the solid ground before he cast the spell again and began. "Ok first off, again thanks to all of you for being here and trying out. Everyone did amazing out there and you should all be proud of yourselves. So without further ado, the final team selection. Starting chasers are Dylan, Benjamin, and Grace. Starting beaters are Lola and Fay with Ahnna as first reserve. Rhys as seeker, and Di as reserve keeper. If there are any questions please feel free to stay behind. If not, enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you at our first practice." Timothy gave them all small grins before letting out a short sigh and canceled the spell. Well he survived, could he say the same by the end of the season?

Captain

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Deviled Dregs

Utsuha Moon

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

Devlyn Maycry

And hush now [Alone for now]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:25 pm
User Image
                                                    I know I took the path that you would never want for me
                                                    I know I let you down, didn't I?
                                                    So many sleepless nights where you were waiting up on me
                                                    Well I'm just a slave unto the night.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Vɪᴄᴇ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys sighed as he toted along the quidditch box and the forms for the team. Thankfully, he was quite capable of spelling the box lighter, so while it was a bulky item, it wasn't heavy for him. However, he was only here because he'd been stupid and accepted the position of vice captain from Lola. Okay, yes, he needed to be more social. He got that. However, he hated the idea that he had to do something incredibly spontaneous and dumb like accept the position. However, he had, and he wasn't about to do something dumb like say no to it now. Even if he could barely stumble over the words he was saying. Settling himself down on the box with the forms next to him, he simply brought out a book and started reading, scratching notes into the margin as he read. Well, he still needed to study. He just figured he could catch a bit of time doing that while waiting on the other players.

[b]Username:[/b]
                                                    [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                                    [b]House:[/b]
                                                    [b]Year:[/b]
                                                    [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                    [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                    [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                                    [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                                    [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                                    [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

AC: 17
                                                    Modifiers: +7 for spotting, +7 for catching
                                                    Final Roll: --
                                                    -/3 Catch Up
                                                    -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I was the idiot that said yes...
                                                    OOC:

Don't tell me that I'm wrong
                                                    I've walked that road before
                                                    And left you on your own
                                                    And please believe them when they say
                                                    That it's left for yesterday
                                                    And the records that I've played
                                                    Please forgive me for all I've done.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:22 am

Second Year RavenclawMetamorphmagus

User Image

We'll I'm empty.
                                                                  You're empty.

Ahnna hopped onto the field. She had an opportunity to make the starting team this year and she was determined to actually get the spot. She grinned as she took the paper from Rhys. He was always quiet and shy so she didn't even attempt to make conversation. This year she was using her own broom instead of a school one. She had her own beater bat too! She grinned and filled out the paperwork before she started stretching.

AC: 15
                                                                  Modifiers: +3 to swings
                                                                  Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                                  Above AC to hit
                                                                  Above 15 to save.
                                                                  0-0

Username: Devlyn Maycry
                                                                  Character's Name: Ahnna Atterberry
                                                                  House: Ravenclaw
                                                                  Year: Second
                                                                  Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                  Advanced Flying II: No
                                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                                  Any Special Skill:Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                                  First Choice Position: Beater
                                                                  Second Choice Position: Beater

She's like a rock
                                                                  to hold on to.
                                                                  And there's gotta be,

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:23 pm
I'm building an empire, I'm building it with all I know...
Starting from scratch, it began with stones!
I'm building with my body and soul-
So little time and so much to do...
I must say this is as good as it gets;
So why are you wasting-
Your blood, your sweat, your tears...

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ third year │ halfblood

Last year Di had been lucky enough to get a reserve position, and actually play her position of choice during one of the games. However, the previous captain had now graduated, so she didn't think there was necessarily any guarantee of things working out the same way this year. Thus the plan was to play her best, and then she wouldn't have to worry about not making the team again. She took a form from Rhys, who seemed to be the new VC, with a small smile.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Diantha Warlow
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: No, currently enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: ...Keeper?

OOC:
Position: Chaser
Mods: +4 Scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

Username

I'm building with the stars in mind!
I'm building an empire-
That's one day gonna scrape the sky!
I'm building an empire-
That's led by my heart to know my home...
I'm building an empire-
And now I'm never gonna look back.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Ravenclaw Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

The only reason Grace was even on the field with her sister's broom was because Lola needed her help. The team was low on members and unless first years were interested, they would be luck to even get a full team. These try-outs were stressful not just for Lola and Rhys but for all of Ravenclaw. They needed a full team to even stand a chance this year.

Taking a breath, Grace wasn't going to send her friend on a guilt trip. She was more then willing to stay on the team if it meant they'd have enough players. Though she was hoping she didn't have too. Next year she'd have to way the options. For now it this was the only way. Filling out the application, Grace hoped everything would work out team wise.

- - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
Character's Name: Grace Mitchell
Year: Sixth Year
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3 Years
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Mean Swing
First Choice Position: Chaser (Reserve)
Second Choice Position: Anywhere else you need me. (Reserve)

- - - - - - - -

With: Fellow Ravenclaws...

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC:
Stealing from --- - 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
Modifiers: +4 AC, +4 Shooting, +4 Hitting, +2 Other (exp)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Mean Swing
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:07 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
<6th Year>

AC: 17
Modifiers: (+7 to bludger hits)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing

Lives:

Blocking for/Aiming at: XXX
Roll: XX (+7) = XX

Lola was running late, but for good reason. She had made an attempt to beg every Ravenclaw before try-outs started to please, please, PLEASE join the team or at least try out. And so, due to this Rhys had beat her there but he was already handing out sign up sheets. Smiling at Rhys she said, with a slight bow of her head, "Thanks for starting things up without me. Hopefully some of the people I talked to consider showing up." Turning she nodded at those already there. It could be worse of a showing at this point she assumed. Maybe some of the first years would decide to play. Anyone was better than not enough players.

Time: 2032-2033
Looking: Pretty Clever

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games