Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Team Posted! [[Oct-Dec 23]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:53 pm
User Image

User Image

These songs in my head: Someone must like me this yea!
Oh what turbulent emotions: Thrilled
The spirits that stand with me: Rhys Gwen, Zamir, and Phi
Xenos turned when the sound of someone running met his ears. Looking up a small red head was making her way to them. Apparently someone had got the notice that first years were allowed to try out. Wonderful. Xenos wasn't going to complain. No better way to learn then trial by fire....sometimes.

"Welcome Miss con Ichval. I'm Xenos da Vinci, Keeper and Captian. These are Miss Gweniera Haude and Zamir Cross. I'm glad to see some actually want to join this year. If you could fill the out really quick I'll get you a broom." The albino said with a smile. Adjusting his glasses lightly he picked up the clipboard and put a new form on it. Handing it over to the girl, quill included, he moved towards the barrel of brooms he had brought with him.

The 6th year had no clue how many first years would offer to join so he thought it best to just bring the barrel. Picking through it Xenos found the best one he could before coming back over to Phi broom in hand. "Here you go Miss. Are you ready for this?" He asked wondering if the fact that there was nothing but older students on the team so far would bother her.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Position desired:[/b]
[b]Reason for wanting this position:[/b]

As long as I'm living, I'll be waiting

As long as I'm breathing, I'll be there

Whenever you call me, I'll be waiting

Whenever you need me, I'll be there

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:22 pm
User Image
Who am I with? Xenos and another girl
What's my mood? depressed
Who/What's on my mind?I really dont want to be here

Zamir slowly rose to his feet and walked over to join the others. With a fake smile he greeted the others. He still was wondering why he was even here. At that moment he really didn't want to be. Xenos seemed excited. But he should be. There were actual people showing up. He had opened his mouth to tell Xenos that he felt he should probably leave and let him do his thing but he was cut short when another girl came running up. He quickly closed his mouth and backed up a little.He nodded a greeting to this new girl as well.  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:24 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi returned the smile and took the paper and quickly filled it out.

Name: Phinelia von Ichval
Year: first
Position desired: Beater (will take whatever you feel I will do best with, however)
Reason for wanting this position: Seems to fit me best, nothing concrete, sorry.

Seeing Xenos had returned with a broom in hand, Phi regarded it. it seemed like it would suit her well. it was similar to the one she had worked with in Flying. She exchanged the parchment for the broom and then clutched it tightly as the Captain read it over. "I am." 'ready' may not have been the correct way to describe her at present, but 'determined' was definitely one. A spark had light up her dark eyes and she already had her hands positioned to mount. The key points and memories of her Flying classes shot through her thoughts.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:41 pm
User Image
User Image

Prefect and Chaser

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Gwen was glad when two more people from her house showed up for the team. One was another sixth year, and the other was a first year. She figured that they really were pressed for a team if they were seaching for team members from the newest members of the house.

"Hello," she greeted both Zamir and Phinelia before looking at Xenos. "Well I would hope that I at least knew him vaugely. After all, we are in the same year in the same house," she said with a large smile on her face.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 pm
EMRYS VICT
----------
§----------
----------
§----------
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
----------
§----------
----------
§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emrys didn't have the slightest clue as to why he was at the Quidditch Pitch, ready to try out for a sport that would get him killed faster than arm wrestling a dragon. 'How could I let someone talk me into this?' Heaving a hefty with, he approached the group that had gathered already and gave a shy wave and bow. "Uh... Hi. I'd like to join your sporting establishment." He nervously drawled, staring at his feet. Not only was the game going to get him killed, but he had no idea how the game was even played! No time to learn like the future, he guessed..

{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~Ravenclaw~~~~~~~~}

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:56 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image
Woil made his way over to the Quidditch pitch for the Ravenclaw tryouts. He was extremely nervous, this was the third day and he had talked to Tay, and he got a bit of encouragement from the Slytherin. He sighed as he stood in one of the entrances and watched the other Ravenclaw's, "I wonder if I can actually pull this off... I'm not exactly like a Chaser or a Beater... More of a Seeker... But I doubt I'll make it..."
Shut up, just try it. After all, it's just try-outs, over the summer break I'll get your body ready.
His other half said as he made him raise his arms and flex slightly, not really that muscular and had a grin on his face. "I guess I'll give it a try then..." He said dropping his arms and making his way over to who he presumed would be the Captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team. "Hello... I-I would like to try out." He said rubbing the back of his head, his stutter didn't help his confidence...
What the **** was that!? Come on! Grow a pair!
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:39 pm
User Image

User Image

These songs in my head: Someone must like me this yea!
Oh what turbulent emotions: Thrilled
The spirits that stand with me: Rhys Gwen, Zamir, and Phi

Xenos looked over the paper that Phi handed him back. Looked good to him. With a wave of his hand he summoned a bat and caught it easily. Oh how he loved wandless magic. "Alright we're going to do this in two parts. First off I want to see how you fair when you're standing on the ground. Afterwards we'll get you on a broom and go from there." Xenos said smiling a little as he handed off the bat.

As he moved to release the bludger the albino was surprised to see two new boys join them. This was a good year for them. "Hello boys. Welcome to try outs. Please take these boards and fill them out. Once you are done give them back to me alright? I am Xenos da Vinci, your captain." He said handing off a pair of clipboards. There was a tiny bit of a bounce in Xenos' step as he continued to the ball box.

"Alright Miss von Ichval. Are you ready? Don't be scared I'm right here should things go crazy." Xenos said confidence obvious in his tone. He had a feeling she'd do just fine but that could be wishful thinking. Opening up the box again, the prefect pressed the switch that released one crazed bludger. Picking up the other bat Xenos watched the girl to see how she did.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Position desired:[/b]
[b]Reason for wanting this position:[/b]

((one of these days life will stop getting to me. I apologize for the wait guys thank you for being so patient with me))

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image
Woil nodded to him and went to the clipboard he had motioned to and filled out the slip as he was ordered to,

Answers
Name: Woil Noinnei
Year: First Year
Position desired: Seeker
Reason for wanting this position: I have the build of a Seeker, good reflexes and underweight helps with my speed. I can take a hit and when it comes down to it, I can be very good at spotting out some of the smallest details.

Woil frowned, he had accidentally written more then intended, oh well, it was a habit of his. He smiled and made his way over to the captain, carrying the clipboard with his answers on it and handed it to him.
"All set." He said to the Captain.
Here I go...!
Just remember what I did last flight class.
He nodded to himself as he waited for the Captain's next order.
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi took the offered bat in hand sturdily. Glancing at it for just a beat before taking her defensive stance.
Being Muggle raised, she was not completely sure what to expect from what was about to come at her the moment the older Ravenclaw opened the large trunk. From the bundle of moving photographs she had studied of various Quidditch teams, she knew the actions and responsibilities of the separate positions. But a first hand experience was a bit nerve-wracking.
Taking a breath at the albino boy's hand brushed over the hinge on the box, she steadied herself. Eyes determined, the captain's opening the box and releasing the self-moving ball showed itself in slow motion to the redhead. Perhaps, it was that strange adrenaline-induced speed of events that caused her to be able to hit the bludger straight on as it whizzed threateningly toward her.

Phi felt the momentum of her hit vibrate in her elbows as she struck hard and true, sending the bludger flying at a high angle into the air. Traveling very far before it regained control of itself and began to make its hasty return. Phi resumed her stance, heart beating fast with a strange excitement.

{ooc: wasn't sure whether I should have rolled for this post. I guess we can just rack up this hit to beginner's luck. i will roll next.}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm
User Image
User Image

These songs in my head: So many memories
Oh what turbulent emotions: Calm, nostalgic
The spirits that stand with me: My thoughts, Rhys

Once again the tall albino walked out onto the quidditch pitch. Try-outs were about to begin and he had to pick a new captain for the team. If he didn't find one soon it would be problematic. With a sigh he waved the box of balls and the barrel of brooms down and too the side. Oh wandless magic what would he do without it? Unsticking his clipboard form his arm Xenos let his broom drop off his shoulder to land in a perfect hover next to him. Taking a seat on it he sighed. They had lost a lot of members from last year. Hopefully those who had joined would come back.

It bothered him too to know that they were going to loose two members after this year was up. Both he and Gwen would graduate and they would be down a Keeper and a Chaser. At least they were here for this year though. The tall teen sat rather relaxed on the broom his mind wandering away. This year he had been named Head Boy an honor he got a lot of hell from his twin for the new title. Xenos though knew it would look good on his records when he went for a job. Regardless though this year had already been full of surprises and they were probably not at an end. Silently he went over in his mind who all he could possibly stick at the head of this team.

{sorry for the deal but try-outs are open. Members of the team need to be here in case someone tries for your position.}

User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:33 pm
User Image

Gweniera Haude

Seventh YearPrefectChaserRavenclaw

Gwen walked out on to the Quidditch Pitch, ready for try-outs. It would be her last year, although she seceretly hoped to still play. The prefect had no idea how much she actually loved the sport. Perhaps she could make a career out of it? Gwen doubted it though.

As she approached the field, she saw Xenos with his clipboard sitting atop his broom. She wondered who he was going to pick as his replacement. Gwen knew it wouldn't be her, since she would be leaving anyways. Maybe it would be one of the First Years who had joined last year. Then again, that could be disasterous to have such a young player leading the House team.

"Hello Xenos," Gwen said politely as she stood next to him. She hoped that she was interrupting his thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:17 am
Cathryn O'Malley
Hogwarts First-Year: Ravenclaw

User Image

Cat skipped over to the Ravenclaw team. She nearly exploded when she heard that they were accepting First-Years this year! Maybe she would get to be the Seeker or a Chaser after all! Cathryn had been flying for years before she had arrived for Hogwarts, and was quite proficient at it.

Cathryn saw Gwen and another boy whom she could only assume was the team captain, Xenos da Vinci. She walked toward them,
"Hello, I'm Cathryn O'Malley, but you can call me Cat or Kitty! Gwen and I have already met, but I don't know you." She addressed the tall white-haired boy.

-Maximus-

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses:None

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

First year Ravenclaw

User Image

The first thing Ethan noticed was the chill. Things were much warmer in Ottery St. Catchpole. Still, he was dedicated to this task and he would not neglect that dedication. Gripping the broom he'd bribed his uncle into lending him for the duration of the try-outs, he tried to read the peeling letters on the handle. It was some early Cleansweep, nothing flashy or fast. It really was too bad, as Ethan was much more likely to do well on a Nimbus. Despite his lousy broom, his confidence shone through. His desired position was keeper, but the team captain currently held that position. Instead, Ethan had opted for beater, a position he'd be decent at and become exceptional at as he grew older. As of now, he was only eleven and therefore small, but his large hands and feet foreshadowed large growth spurts.

Upon his arrival at the pitch, Ethan strode confidently up to Xenos. He knew him by his reputation, after all, he was Quidditch Captain. He offered his hand politely to the seventh-year. "Ethan King, first year. Glad to meet you." His thick cockney accent was hidden quite a bit, as he didn't much like it. He was often defined by it. The cockney boy. The one with the cockney accent. It became old after a while. He also introduced himself to Gwen before turning excitedly to Cathryn. He was very glad of her presence. The two first years could advise each other in the sport and since they knew each other quite well, they could strengthen each others' confidence. Ethan looked into her eyes and smiled excitedly as he had at Diagon alley soon after the two had just met. He then turned back to Xenos, awaiting instruction.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

I am at the Quidditch Pitch
with Cathryn, Xenos, and Gwen
and I'm going ---

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:52 pm
A house divided...
Cannot stand...
We must stand together...

User Image
User Image

Woil moved out to the Quidditch Pitch to begin the tryouts for the new year. He was promoted to Quidditch Captain and he wondered if he could truly do it. It was because of Roi that the boy had joined the team. He was terrified of heights, however. He slowly began to get used to it however through the two years. He wondered how he'd do when now, it was Woil who was in control off the broom. He sighed as he looked at the clipboard, they needed two chasers and a keeper. He wondered who'd honestly fill the spots.

However, it would be a lie should the only reason he be here was for the team. He was hoping he could talk to Phinella, alone for once. He knew that thanks to Roi, he couldn't step close to her with Colton around. He'd probably pummel the underweight boy to a pulp.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None.
Mood: Mixed.
╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image

User Image User Image User Image
Or we will all die alone...

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:57 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley
12 Years OldSecond YearRavenclawChaserSingle

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cathryn trotted out onto the Quidditch pitch, her slightly outdated but still fantastic Firebolt clutched in her left hand. She glanced around, thrilled to be out and ready to fly again. Last year's Quidditch season hadn't gone too well, and she was hoping that their new Captain, Woil would fix that.

As she walked out farther, she spotted the blonde haired, blue eyed Ravenclaw. She saluted him, somewhat jokingly, and called to him, her thick Irish accent floating across the grass,"Hail Captain Woil!" She reached the older boy and stood in front of him, and leaned on her broom. "Where is everyone? Aren't they excited? As soon as I heard that the try-outs were today, I got over here like a mad dragon. You would think they would be a bit more diligent." she said jokingly. She dearly loved her Quidditch team, and could not hope for a better group of students.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers