Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Team Posted! [[Oct-Dec 23]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 162 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:21 pm
Ravenclaw Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Cenek Knapp

Team Vice Captain
Jörmungandr Dunforth

Keeper
Eitan Ross

Chasers
Eleanor Briar
Flora Helen Norris
Elanor Briar

Seeker
Cenek Knapp

Beaters
Taylor Davenport
Jörmungandr Dunforth

Reserves
Dwayne Horne - Seeker
Milan Wellbelove - Chaser
Syd Barrett - Keeper

P.S. Be on the lookout for a Quidditch Friendly

Cinnabun Gryffie

Diamond Wales

kiska166

MJ Spooks

Stefan Lee Salvatore

CatWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? xxx
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? xxx
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? xxx
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? xxx

Jordan walked out to the quidditch pitch, munching on a sandwich he'd taken from the kitchen. It was going to be a great day and he was quite happy to be here. Now he just had to wait for everybody to pop in so he could actually start tryouts. He wanted to make Cenek proud, so he was determined to set up a winning team. Setting out the brooms and the chest with equipment, Jordan sighed softly in the afternoon sun. It was going to be awesome. Grabbing the forms out of his bag, he set them out atop the equipment chest, a rock on top to prevent them from blowing away in the breeze. Now just to wait on his fellow teammates.

[b]Username:[/b]
                                                                [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                                                [b]House:[/b]
                                                                [b]Year:[/b]
                                                                [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                                [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                                [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                                                [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                                                [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                                                [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀʀᴘᴇsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴇɴᴅ ᴀ ғʟᴏᴏᴅ, ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ 'ᴇᴍ ᴏᴜᴛ
          I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴜɪsᴇᴅ, I ᴀᴍ ᴡʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ
          Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ I ᴅʀᴜᴍ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ sᴇᴇɴ! I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:14 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch reserve

Robin had...kinda failed during the first flying class. Xe was okay on a broom, the few times xe had tried one before, but xe had never been one for Quidditch other than for polite dinner conversation. But all of xer family this generation had participated in some way: Sona had played been a seeker, August had been Quidditch announcer, Sparrow had been a chaser and then announcer, and even Wren had shed his peevish apathy to lead the Slytherin team.

So despite xer hesitations, Robin decided to go to tryouts. Xe had always shown an interest in what xer family enjoyed. Plus xe had heard from a kindly prefect that the Ravenclaw team was in need of warm bodies and reserve players. Robin could do that.

Xer pet rock tucked securely in xer pocket, Robin headed down the Quidditch Pitch and was surprised to be one of the first ones there. Xe filled out the form with xer usual neat script and approached the captain. ”Good afternoon, Captain Dunforth. Is there anything I can do to help you or the team?”

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Robin Winchester
House: Ravenclaw
Year: first
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: wherever I may be useful to the team.
Second Choice Position: chaser?

setting Quidditch Pitch, Ravenclaw Tryouts, September 2055 || with Captain Jordan
appearance 4’1” spindly || wearing watermelon shirt and jeans
status What do people like about this sport?

Stats:
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 to shooting the quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Dang Healthy
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

”QUOTING”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
No one is laughing it’s not a drill
Just look outside the world is ending
Faster, faster, faster, faster, fast
The echoes of that news ring loud (the echoes, the echoes)
No sound can ever drown it out (the echoes)
It breaks my heart, breaks my heart into
A million pieces

❧❦
~"Million Pieces" by Bastille with the Chamber Orchestra of London.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:28 pm
User Image
                                                If I d i e before I w a k e
                                                At least in h e a v e n I can s k a t e

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Twelve Years Old - Second Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Keeper Reserve

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd hoped he’d get one of his top two choices this year. With Cenek graduated, he figured he just might have a better chance. As he arrived on the pitch, he noticed their new captain and a new person, one that he wasn’t quite familiar with. “Hello,” he greeted them both as he took a form and filled it out. Once complete, he handed it back and began stretching.

Position:
                                                Armour Class: 13
                                                Modifiers: (spotting +3) (catching +3)
                                                Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
                                                Total Roll:
                                                Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                                Spot: 19+
                                                Catch: 22+

Username: kiska166
                                                Character's Name: Syd Barrett
                                                Year: First
                                                Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                Advanced Flying II: No
                                                Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
                                                First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                Second Choice Position: Chaser

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

'Cause right now on e a r t h I can't do j a c k
                                                Without the m a n up on my b a c k

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
❀ Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀

"When guinea pigs are excited, they 'popcorn,' or do little hops in the air."

Flora Helen was excited for another year of quidditch, it was one of the best times of her time at Hogwarts. It was defiantly categorized as fun, not work. Unless the captain made them do a research project on tactics....then maybe quidditch would become work..maybe she should do research while she had a lot of free time, just to be sure she wouldn't miss anything.

As she approached the field she groaned, where were all the girls at? Quidditch should be a sport loved by any gender and no gender and she really just didn't want to be alone in the locker rooms before a game.

form
Username: Stefan Lee Salvatore
Character's Name:Flora Helen Norris
Year: 4
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer; Deft Dodger; Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Anything really

"They don't need to sleep for a long time either! Just lil naps."

Where & Who: Quidditch with the peeps
Thinking about: Not work.
Wearing: quidditch clothes.

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:45 pm
Ravenclaw Quidditch Team 2055- 2056

Team Captain
Jörmungandr Dunforth

Team Vice Captain
Flora Helen Norris

Keeper
Eitan Ross

Chasers
Eleanor Briar
Flora Helen Norris
Cassidy Nakano Roussel

Seeker
Dwyn Horne

Beaters
Taylor Davenport
Jörmungandr Dunforth

Reserves
Milan Wellbelove
Syd Barrett
Robin Winchester

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:57 pm
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
❀ VC & Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀Prefect ❀

Fora Helen was excited for quidditch, this would be the year she would show off, she would impress someone, and they would become her person. At 15, she would almost certainly never have a family, but if she did... they would appreciate her quidditch skills. She arrived at practice, and saw Jordan setting up the balls and some agility drills. She smiled and waved his way, before seeing the forms weren't out yet. She grabbed a few and sat them down for the players to fill out. She looked around, well nothing else to do but wait now. She wondered if she could ask Miss Elysia for pointers about playing quidditch.....

When the little Wellbelove boy showed up she waved at him, and he gave a small nod back, ah the quiet dorky Ravenclaws, they were really all adorable.

Position: Vice Captain and Chaser
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 Stealing, +5 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
Lives: ❀❀❀
Roll: --
Trying to: Figure out what is going on

OOC: Ghosted Jordan and Milan with Gryffie's permission

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:14 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

With an amount of excitement and enthusiasm that only an eleven-year-old could muster, Linsey was bounding out to the Quidditch pitch, with a broomstick in her hand, and her long silvery hair trailing behind her. It was a school broom to be sure, but she didn’t care. She was getting the chance to fly, and the chance to maybe make it onto the team. Mom and Aunt Fianna taught her the rules of the game, and they let her fly around with their teammates at practices on occasion. With all that, Linsey was eager to fly for Ravenclaw; all she asked for was the chance to prove herself.

The young Ravenclaw was wearing a bright emerald green Irish team Quidditch jersey which was long enough that its hem went halfway down her thighs, over a white Tee-shirt, a pair of jeans and sneakers whose laces were blue and bronze in colour. In a bag over her shoulder, she had a set of pads of her own, which she’d strap on once she got to the pitch and was ready to go aloft. Linsey still wasn’t sure what position she’d go for, but then she wasn’t sure what positions were really open to be contested for.

Arriving at the pitch, Linsey saw there were three upperclassmen present already, and she stopped for a moment to figure out who was in charge. There was an older boy setting up balls, and two others, one of whom Linsey was pretty sure was a House Prefect, and she had the forms. The First Year rushed over to where the older girl was, and she said with breathless eagerness, “Hi, um, I’m here to sign up to play for our House. Nice day for flying, isn’t it?” As the words gushed out of her, she started filling out the form:

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Linsey Grey-Cavendish
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: No
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Any position which needs filling

When the form was filled out, and she turned it in, Linsey was looking around, her blue eyes bright with … well, with the hope and promise the start of the season brought. The season started today, really, and anything could happen from here out.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  AC:12
                  Modifiers: +2 to Shoot the Quaffle, +2 to Steal the Quaffle
                  Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                  Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
                  Action:
                  Effect Value:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:26 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

second year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch reserve

Robin had almost forgotten that Quidditch tryouts were today. It wasn't until, in the middle of a stretch break, xe glanced over at the broom Wren had bought xem sitting on xer trunk that xe remembered and rushed down.

Xe didn't honestly understand brooms very much aside from what was mentioned in idle conversation, but Wren certainly had opinions about brooms and Robin trusted xer older brother.

Thankfully, the Tryouts didn't seem to have started yet. Xe filled out a form quickly and offered a welcoming smile to the young first year joining them. "It is a nice day out, isn't it?" xe remarked, realizing it was indeed a nice day--xe should have made more time to spend outside. "Miss Grey, right? I'm Robin Winchester. Have you had much experience flying? You seem excited."

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2056, September 2056 || with Future teammates
appearance 4’8” spindly || wearing Watermelon shirt and jeans
status Quidditch again

Position:
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
AC: 18
Modifiers:
Special Skills: Good Arm, Dang Healthy
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

Graydon Ironshield

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Looking for the rainbow
Everywhere that I go
Even in the shadows
I'm looking for the rainbow
When I’m at the end of my rope
There's a destiny
As though it was meant for me
If I let it be

❧❦
~"Rainbow" from Leap.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:51 pm
User Image
                                                Got on my s k a t e b o a r d and began to
                                                Push a w a y from my house

Syd Barrett
                                                Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Reserve Keeper

Syd had made a stupid decision, which was to skateboard the evening before Quidditch tryouts. It wouldn’t have been stupid if he hadn’t decided to try and land the varial heel flip numerous times until he succeeded, or rather, until he had messed up and fallen pretty badly. Luckily, he didn’t sprain his ankle or anything – he mostly landed on the ground and scraped up his knees and elbows. The thirteen year old promptly made his way to the Hospital Wing for a couple of ice packs before heading to his bed, where he stayed until he was ready to sleep. Syd limped his way to the pitch bright and early. His legs sure hurt worse the day after, but he figured he didn’t need them much while playing today’s sport. Thankfully his arms didn’t feel too sore. Once he caught up to the crowd that had started to form, he grabbed a form to fill out.

Position:
                                                Armour Class: 14
                                                Modifiers: (spotting +4) (catching +4)
                                                Total Roll:

Year: Third
                                                Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2

Had a j a c k e t in my backpack
                                                I threw it on 'cause it was b l o w i n g cold

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:23 pm
2056 - 2057 Ravenclaw Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Jörmungandr Dunforth

Team Vice Captain
Flora Helen Norris

Keeper
Eitan Ross

Chasers
Eleanor Briar
Flora Helen Norris
Cassidy Nakano Roussel

Seeker
Dwayne Horne

Beaters
Taylor Davenport
Jörmungandr Dunforth

Reserves
Milan Wellbelove - Chaser
Syd Barrett - Keeper
Robin Winchester - Chaser
Linsey Grey-Cavendish - Chaser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:50 pm
❀ Flora Helen Kieran ❀
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
❀ Captain & Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀Prefect ❀

Fora Helen was ready for quidditch, her first year of being the official leader! And her first full year being with Miss Elysia. Miss Elysia had helped Flora Helen perfect quidditch maneuvers, and had gone over in detail over various strategies they could use in tryouts and actual practices. Flora Helen also had to set someone as her VC. She had gone back and forth between several younger players, debating over who would be respected by the team more, who had grown more over the years, and she had settled on Milan Wellbelove. He was a unique character, being a quadruplet. He would probably do well as Captain one day, if he accepted it.

She sat out the various balls, extra brooms, and the forms for players to complete. Then she sat cross legged near the papers, and waited for everyone to show up.

Position: Captain and Chaser
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 Stealing, +5 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
Lives: ❀❀❀
Roll: --
Trying to: Figure out what is going on

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:23 am
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle │ Reserve Chaser

The cool Highland air felt good as Linsey drew it in, just as the warm sunlight did against her soft skin. She was excited to get out of the castle on such a day and have the chance to get up into the air. Crowning it all off, today was also tryout day, the real start of Quidditch season. Having grown up around the game, she knew today was where the magic began, when everything was possible, and everybody was undefeated and had an equal shot at claiming the Quidditch Cup at the end of the term. All one had to do was figure out the puzzle of how to get there.

Linsey was hoping to be one of those pieces. Last term, she managed to get on as one of the Reserve Chasers, which was cool, but she really wanted to do more to contribute to the team this term. As there was a glut of Chasers already on the roster, it was suggested she might try her hand at playing Beater this time out. Mom helped her out, teaching her the same position she played at Hogwarts, and for the Irish National Team for many years. Linsey even had a chance to get in some practice with the team’s younger players.

Today, Linsey was feeling ready to try her luck contending for a new position, and maybe getting to fly in real matches this term. The young Ravenclaw was wearing one of her mother’s bright emerald green Irish Team Quidditch jerseys, which was long enough that its hem went halfway down her thighs, over a white Tee-shirt, a pair of jeans and sneakers whose laces were blue and bronze in colour. In a bag over her shoulder, she had a set of pads of her own, which she’d strap on once she got to the pitch and was ready to go aloft. Prize of prizes though was the brand-new broomstick she’d spent last evening meticulously polishing and maintaining for her tryout, the results of the trip to Diagon Alley with Mom.

Arriving at the pitch, she saw that other than her Captain, Linsey was the first to arrive. ‘Oooooh, I hope this isn’t a bad omen. Be rotten luck if we couldn’t put enough folk together to make a team,’ she thought, before bouncing up to where Flora was, and saying breathlessly, “Hi, Flora. It’s a gorgeous day to fly, don’t you think? I can’t wait to get up there and get started.” As she was talking, Linsey was filling out the form.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Linsey Grey-Cavendish
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: Currently enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1 (Reserve Chaser)
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Whatever other position needs filling

I hope we get a good turnout. I just know we can get it done this year.”

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  AC:12
                  Modifiers: +2 to Shoot the Quaffle, +2 to Steal the Quaffle
                  Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                  Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
                  Action:
                  Effect Value:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:46 pm
User Image

So shake the m a g i c 8 until it b r e a k s
                                                And c l o s e your eyes and take a leap of f a i t h

Syd Barrett
                                                Fourteen Years Old - Fourth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Reserve Keeper

Syd made damn sure not to partake in any funny business for the week leading up to Quidditch tryouts. After last year, he was not about to injure himself and make a fool of himself again. Plus, he needed to make a good impression during tryouts this year since it was both Eitan and Dwyn’s last year playing. Next year, the team would need a Keeper and a Seeker replacement. Syd had made the Reserve Keeper position every year, but didn’t even want that one. He was going for Seeker, and next year, he’d be the star on the pitch. Unfortunately, it seemed that his parents’ decision in playing Keeper during their time at Hogwarts had put a curse on both Syd and Penelope as they couldn’t seem to escape the same position. No, this year (and if not this year then next year) would be different. Syd could stick it out as the Reserve Keeper once again if need be, but this would be the last year. The fourth year was the third to arrive, behind Flora Helen and Linsey. “G’morning,” he greeted the girls as he filled out a form before handing it back to the Captain.

Position:
                                                Armour Class: 15
                                                Modifiers: (spotting +5) (catching +5)
                                                Total Roll:

Year: Fourth
                                                Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3

Don't be a f r a i d of going your own way
                                                S h a k e the magic 8 until it b r e a k s

Graydon Ironshield
Stefan Lee Salvatore

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100