Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Teams Posted! (Oct - Dec 2023) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:49 pm
User Image
User Image

A Sly Snake

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cass zoomed down the pitch, trusting in the fact that Ronyo was behind him. He hoped that the boy would gain enough speed to get in front of him. After a few seconds, Cass saw that Ronyo had a chance to catch the quaffle. The older student saw his chance. Cass threw the ball to Ronyo, this time hoping that he would catch it. 'Perhaps he might score while Mira's distracted by that...er...boy? Girl?' Cass was having difficulty telling from this distance, though he was certain it was Blaire, for he knew of no other Slytherin that could confuse him so.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:25 pm
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Try Outs User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo saw his fellow team member watch for him and then give the quaffle and toss towards him. Not wanting to drop the ball after all his careful planning Ronyo used both hands to reach for the ball and caught it successfully. His tow-handed catch had cost him a bit of speed and altitude but he managed to correct himself after placing the quaffle under his left arm.

Ronyo shot off as fast as he felt capable of maintaining control of his broom towards the center most goal. He kept his plan in mind as he got closer and closer to the goal, he had not noticed the new player come up into play and likely it would have not mattered at that moment. Seeing the goal post in sight Ronyo gave the Quaffle a mighty heave up and out to the right trusting that his teammate was going to be there to catch and then put them ball through the goal ring.

As he made his throw Ronyo almost snapped the broom from his tight turn and took off to get himself out of the scoring zone so when Cass made the catch and subsequent throw or hit Ronyo it would be legal. It was getting closer to the time when Ronyo would see how well a quick strategy played out on the Quidditch field.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
a porg rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 1, 10, 5, 8, 7, 2, 9, 6 Total: 61 (10-100)

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm
User Image
User Image

A Sly Snake

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cass smiled as Ronyo caught the quaffle and followed the boy down the field. As long as the plan worked, everything would go well, and perhaps both boys would have a spot on the team. He watched as he caught up to Ronyo. The boy through the quaffle
into the air and got out of the scoring area just as Cass entered it. The older student grabbed the ball and chucked it at the rings as hard as he could.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image  
VixenViVi rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 4, 9, 5, 1, 8, 7, 1, 2 Total: 48 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:30 pm
User Image

==== ==== мira ========

Do I care ⇢

⇠ What I wear

User Image

Mira was watching them intently thus far they were doing well and keeping up with each other. The beaters were not really doing much but well they could always improve. Cass was getting close and just then someone flew up next to Mira and yelled to her. She turned her attention to them for just a moment. "You really need to learn flying manner kid! I have you can go for chaser or Keeper at this point and I will put you where I need you if it comes down to it." Mira was explaining, she should have know Cass would go for that window of distraction. She turned just in time to see the quaffle soar toward the goal. She did her best to dive for it but it was almost a lost cause.

User Image

User Image
Translations{...}

OOC{..}

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:59 pm
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Try outs User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

They had scored, the tactic had worked for the most part. Granted the Keeper had been distracted but that was a factor in sports and in warfare, and the two held many of the same variables. Ronyo took note of who the distraction was and he found himself a bit unsure of how much he should enjoy the point. Still he had performed with his teammate and they had managed to work together as a solid unit to gain the point.

Ronyo maneuvered his broom over to Cass and allowed himself to hover next to the upper class men. He extended a hand to the boy and chuckled a bit while doing it. He knew that every goal would not be anywhere close to that easy but no point in spoiling a victory while it was there.

"Great shot, I hope that was a good way to begin try outs? I got an odd feeling though your friend is not likely going to let us have anymore easy ones."  
Odin Moon rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 3, 2, 3, 9, 8, 9, 6, 6, 3 Total: 55 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:54 pm
User Image User Image
User Image

My turn. Sioon said switching with Drake, who let out a small yelp and gave control to Sioon.

Fine, just don't hurt my chances at being beater.

Sioon increased the speed of the broom to almost double what the Drake was using.

There see we're right there on it. He thought with a smirk. Sticking out the bat to hit the ball.

Drake stuck out his tounge at Sioon, though no one could see it.
The menatliy older of the two shook his head, as he came closer to the ball.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 pm
User Image
User Image

A Sly Snake

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cass was excited as he made his first goal. He was pretty sure that Gwen wouldn't have done that. Sure, Mira was distracted, but hey, they were Slytherins, and she always was talking about playing her way. Why shouldn't he play his way?

Noticing Ronyo come closer, he gave the boy a high five, since his hand was out. "Of course it was! Though now might be the time to tell you it's the first I've tried out," the older boy smiled as he went to scratch his head in a feeling that was almost like shame. "Say, weren't you the one who wanted to be Gryffindor? They woulda waited for her to be ready before initating that plan. And no, she won't be giving away any more points." Cass smiled at Ronyo. He would have never thought that the boy would have grown to be a Slytherin, yet here he was. To think he was originally wishing to be over there.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:00 pm
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

A chuckle escaped Ronyo as he heard the upper classmen admit his first attempt at try out, that fact gave the boy a bit more confidence. He raised an eyebrow at his second comment about the difference in the Gryffindor and Slytherin play styles. Likely before he might have been offended but instead he took it as something to use and work with down the line.

"I still think I would have done well there, but likely I would have fit in any of the houses. I think my friends from the other houses have un-officially dubbed it the Chimera House," Ronyo laughed a bit but shook his head remembered his conversation with Phi and Colton, "I have come to the understanding that the hat placed me here because it would offer the biggest challenge and likely needed the most help. If being ambitious is a Slytherin trait then I have that, for I wish to have the house of green and silver seen not as the house of Darkness," Once again the boy shook his head and sighed making a note to come of his soap box for a time, "Sorry, I mean no disrespect towards the house or its occupants, we'll just call it my way of wearing the colors with pride. Anyways we should likely be getting ready for whatever comes next."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:24 pm
User Image

Blaire was slightly startled by the intense Mira. He hovered his way in front of the rings and replied, "Uh, yes. I'll give Keeper a go, then." He poised himself between the center-most goal post and the chasers, plastering a determined look over his visage. He wasn't fond of the idea, but he wasn't really in a position to bargain, having already upset the prefect.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:49 pm
User Image
User Image

A Sly Snake

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cass chuckled along with Ronyo, but not for the same reasons. Chimera House! Now that was a new one! "Without Darkness, there cannot be Light," Cass said some what philisopically. It sounded like something out of one of those books Gwen had forced him into reading. He quickly shot himself into reality, and went to retrieve the quaffle before rejoining the younger boy. He noticed that Mira was now out of the goal and it appeared that Blair had taken her place. The prefect couldn't decide which was worse, but he would much rather go for the less experienced flyer. "Indeed," the boy agreed. "Wonder what's next."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 pm
User Image

==== ==== мira ========

Do I care ⇢

⇠ What I wear

User Image

Mira cursed and moved out of the keeper postion. "All right blondie you take my spot and I'll watch, give it ago!" She said as she moved up above to watch how they did together. Looking around she sized up who she had. Wanting try outs to end soon, she went down and scooped up another quaffle and threw it to Ronyo, so he could give it a go as well. "Take a shot Honor Roll!!"

User Image

User Image
Translations{...}

OOC{..}

Ronyo Storm rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 6, 7, 2, 7, 7, 6, 3, 10 Total: 59 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo smiled and nodded his head as the upper classmen spoke, he could not argue the boy's comment. The darkness helps you see the light when it comes and that is a fundamental that just is how it is. Seeing Blaire come into the Keepers positions seemed to almost symbolize that idea of needing darkness to see the light.

"I could not agree more my friend," Catching the extra quaffle Ronyo raised an eyebrow at the nickname and chuckled a bit, " Guess it's my turn, wish me luck."

Ronyo smiled and turned his broom around and took off down the pitch towards the goal rings once again. He poured on the speed this time knowing he would not need to be fancy he just needed pure unbridled speed. The Slytherin soared on locking his emerald green eyes on Blaire with no evidence in them he was going to stop, and even in his own mind Ronyo played out the image of zooming right by the boy to make him choose to stay or move out of the way...he still wasn't sure if he wasn't going to do that yet.

As he got closer Ronyo's eyes narrowed as he thought about his opponent for a moment. Part of him wanted to fly right into the boy and see how he took the impact, but it would serve no long standing purpose and likely lead to a loss in house points. While the points still did not bother him who caused them to rise and fall did. Ronyo also thought about chucking the quaffle at Blaire rather than at the goal, calling it a missed shot. Something seemingly out of Blaire's own handbook, but that thought was thrown out after he realized the comparison to the blonde haired boy. He would beat Blaire but with standards and honest play, that way there was no debating the outcome. Ronyo's eyes remained transfixed almost seemingly animalistic in nature, as a wolf might see a deer, and with a grin Ronyo raised the quaffle. At the last moment Ronyo pulled his broom up high, twisted, and chucked the quaffle down at the ring from a vertical angle.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
Dark Prince of Thorns rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 6, 10, 3, 1, 3, 5, 4, 6 Total: 52 (10-100)

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 pm
User Image

Blaire kept his gaze locked onto the other Slytherin as he approached. His determination faltered however at the sight of the quaffle speeding at him. He ducked closer to his broom, raising his left arm to cover his face. His other hand jerked hard on the broom, sweeping his vessel at a 90 degree angle.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 pm
User Image

Unable to keep his eye on the ball, the blonde's tail twigs lightly brushed the speeding quaffle as it made its way through the goal post. Obviously, he was correct in assuming he wasn't cut out to be keeper. Even at this defeat, he wasn't overly affected by the loss.

User Image

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers