Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Teams Posted! (Oct - Dec 2023) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:35 pm
User Image
You talk talk talk
But got nothing to say
Do you think that you can give it a break?
You know how, how to ruin a day
I hear it from a mile away

User Image

Pureblood | Third Year Slytherin | Thirteen Years Old
Quidditch - Beater | Dueling Club | Herbology Club
Quidditch Tryouts 2059 Quidditch Pitch With: Jaelah, Daphne
Wearing: Slytherin Hoodie and sweats Status: "Alright, Quidditch. Let's go!"

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“Come ooonn, Mockingjae, let’s go!” Erikk called as he headed down the common room stairs that morning. He was ever the gentleman of course, not wanting to barge into the girls’ dorm rooms, yet not wanting to leave without one of his favorite little brats. “We’re going to be late if you don’t kick it in gear!” Riling her up first thing in the morning was so fun.

She wouldn’t be the only one he bothered, as not a moment later a throw pillow knocked him in the back of the head. “The hell?” He turned around to see Prefect Watson glaring daggers from the couch, the radio playing softly beside her. “What’s that for?”

“It is too. Bloody. Early for you to be a nuisance, Knapp!” She chastised. “Some people are still trying to sleep. And I’m listening to my show, so could you take it elsewhere? Don’t make me deduct points from my own house!”

Erikk quietly waited until his teammate was ready to join him. That was his own choice. It certainly wasn’t because Annalise Watson could be an absolute terror when she was angry.

When they made it to the pitch, Erikk shot Daphne a wave with the hand slung over Jaelah’s shoulders. He held both of their brooms underneath his other arm. “Captain. Mornin’,” he greeted. As he sat the brooms down for the time being, he collected two forms and passed one to Jaelah without a second thought before he began filling out his own.

---

Username: Trickblues
                                                                Character's Name: Erikk Knapp
                                                                House: Slytherin
                                                                Year: Third
                                                                Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                                Advanced Flying II: No
                                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                                Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                                First Choice Position: Beater
                                                                Second Choice Position: Wherever

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                                Stefan Lee Salvatore

I know that words are just words
                                                                And I'm trying to let go
                                                                But what you said is absurd
                                                                And I'm hearing the echoes
                                                                Ringing in my head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:34 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingleChaser

As Brianna was walking purposefully towards the pitch for the new term’s tryouts, she was hopeful of a better season than the previous. The season went well enough, she supposed, but that pick-up game last March did much to sour her expectations for things going forward. It was enough that she’d been thwarted in her efforts to equal or better Ron’s score in that match, worse that she was shot off of her broomstick, only to be rescued in spectacular fashion and carried to the Hospital Wing by her big brother.

Think I would have preferred to be splattered across the pitch,’ was her thought on the subject. She was also disappointed not to get the nod to be a VC in any of the clubs she was in, as she wanted the chance to be a leader and start earning her own accolades. As much as she loved her big brother, she was secretly grateful he didn’t make Head Boy—not because he’d lord it over her (he would never do that to her), but because she doubted she’d have the chance to equal that benchmark. Aria, however did make Head Girl, and that was bad enough, since she was practically family. It also wasn’t lost on her this would be her last chance to go head-to-head with Ron and Aria, since they’d be leaving after this term. No more post-match butterbeers with Ron after this term.

Still, Brianna was determined to be about her business this morning; her fellow Slytherins would see her with her familiar poker-face mask firmly in place. ‘Last thing I plan to do is break my own first rule: never let them see you bleed,’ she thought, as she surveyed the pitch, and saw Daphne and a couple others were already there to get things started. As was her wont, Brianna was wearing her usual tryout outfit: her bright green Holyhead Harpies jersey, pair of jeans, and a new pair of trainers, while her long blonde hair was pulled back in a sensible ponytail and tied with green and silver ribbons. “Morning, Captain. Hope we get a good turnout this morning,” she said, with a slight smile, as she collected a form.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3 (Chaser)
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Wherever a gap needs filled

OOC:
Username

User ImageAC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to Shoot and Steal the Quaffle
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:25 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

seventh year || Slytherin || halfblood
Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick lancer

Supposedly, Quidditch tryouts being in the morning was just because Slytherin had gotten that time slot. Echo was half convinced Daphne had intentionally picked that time so Echo would be forced to sleep on Saturday night without getting high.

Whatever the reason, Echo was up and ready come morning, glancing over that morning’s Witch Weekly in the Common Room. Some boy was by the girls’ dorms yelling for a mockingjay and Echo was about to snap at him when Yari’s pet Annie threw a throw pillow and shushed him.

Echo flashed Annie an appreciative smile before handing the magazine to her. ”Nothing for your dawn sky pieces, but take a look at the marked pages if you’re still looking for inspiration.” By “you” Echo clearly meant Yari. Or maybe? Yari and Annie were a team nowadays. It didn’t matter. ”I’m pretty sure the article on applying girding potion to denim is going to be rubbish, but I’ll read it after tryouts and check out some resources on it. Well, farewell.”

She checked the collar of her sweatshirt covered her splinch mark, then knotted a chiffon scarf around it just in case. Before Knapp and Aindrias left, she headed out. They probably wouldn’t want to walk with her anyways, but she didn’t want to risk it either way. She was in no mood for little kids. The closer Echo got to the pitch, the lower her spirits fell. It wasn’t that she didn’t like flying or Quidditch. Echo had wanted to be a seeker since their first year. Then two years ago she’d gotten it and – well, Slytherin hadn’t won the Quidditch cup since Echo had been in school, but suddenly Slytherin was doing worse in the rankings. She hadn’t caught the snitch once in game yet. She had dared hope for a moment that things might be better as a beater during the pick-up game last year, but…well Dominik and her stupid little cousin had beat that hypothesis into the dirt. Echo had Matilda Freaking Harper on her team– the beater game should have been theirs without a contest! But no. Instead, they could only watch as their team got swatted down like flies.

Just another failure on Echo’s record.

Echo took a deep breath as she neared the archway leading onto the pitch. Stepping onto the pitch, hair coming undone, no, adjust before I get there, must look perfect. Small, helpless, horrible, hollow, but smile at the team to show them I’m fine.

She blinked a bit, smiled, and braided her hair back before showing up. ”Good morning,” she said pleasantly, setting her form down by Daphne before flitting to the side to stretch. There was a crow in the stands, and to keep herself from overthinking her lackluster Quidditch performance before tryouts, she busied herself with recalling all the bird-themed fashion pieces by designers in the last century of fashion. She smiled slightly at one of her poor teammates that had been swatted in the pick-up game. ”Good morning, Brianna. The ribbons are darling as always.”

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Echo Angharad Wellbelove
Year: 7
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 6
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: seeker
Second Choice Position: beater

setting Tryouts at the Pitch, September 2059 || with Slytherin team
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing Thin hoodie + leggings
status Not great

//OOC: Tagging Trick because talking to Annalise in the beginning, tagging Gman because yo Brianna and Echo can talk maybe? I just found their attitude on keeping things in is really similar and might be interesting.

Reference on the thoughts from Vivienne from Dragon Age Inquisition ^_^

Trickblues

Graydon Ironshield

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop
So, baby, pull me closer
In the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
✩★
~"Closer" by the Chainsmokers. Cover by Jonathan Young ft Travis Carte

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
✸Jaelah✸Aindrias✸
Slytherin ~ Second Year
Future Clubs go Here

"It's like a treasure hunt, in a way"

Jaelah knew she wouldn't get up in time for quidditch, she had been up late trying to get a view of the stars, to figure out where her parents might be for the night. What she didn't expect though, was a rude awakening from Erikk, calling her Mockingjay, and kicking on the door - making all the other girls in her dorm glare at her. She rolled out of bed threw her hair up, slid on shoes, and opened the door - just in time for Prefect Watson to chew Erikk out.

Jaelah giggled, "You deserved that. Why is there a pillow in the floor?" She picked it up and put it next to Prefect Watson.

As they got down to the quidditch field, Jaelah mumbled - "When I'm Captain of Quidditch - I'm going to bring coffee or fruit or muffins or something. I can't eat a broom or paper. And it's too early to even get anything from the sining hall. A girl has to eat!" At least she didn't have to carry anything - Erikk had been nice enough to get both of their brooms.

Erikk handed Jaelah a form, and greated the captain. Jaelah just waved and filled it out. "I wonder if any of the new kids will play this year."

Username: Steffy
Character's Name: Jaelah Aindrias
Year: 2nd
Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Hold The Line, Great Catch wink Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: Beater

"And you're a detective. Get searching!"

Stats will Go Here

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Slytherin Sixth Year
Quidditch PlayerUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in TraininingUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick BelieverPrefectUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick Believer

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Karah was tired - the morning had already started with Annie yelling at Erikk, Erikkk banging on doors, and a late night meeting. Not to mention, all the girls in her dorm were uncomfortable after having a new addition to their group - Yaretzi Wellbelove. Karah sighed, asked Prefect Watson to send any other quidditch players to the field, and then left herself. When she got down to the pitch she saw Daphne, and the trouble makers from earlier in the morning, and Echo.

Karah sat in front of Daphne, "Any good perspectives this year? Yaretzi is in the dorm pouting that she couldn't come - so we're down a beater - did you convince anyone else to join?"

Username: Steffy
Character's Name: Karah Thomas
Year: 6
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
Any Special Skill: (man idk. think chaser.)
Second Choice Position:

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

Where & Who:
Thinking about:
Description:
Wearing:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:44 pm
User Image
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingleChaser

Brianna heard Echo’s comment, and said with a bit of a smile, “Thanks.” What was unsaid was what her next thought was. ‘It’s nice to be noticed once in a while.’ No, she wasn’t looking for pity; of all the human emotions, it was pity she hated most of all, as it was always so condescending, so fake. Seeing Echo there reminded her anew of that disastrous pick-up game back last spring, when Echo was captain, and Brianna renewed her usual quest to equal or beat her brother’s Quidditch score.

No, she didn’t blame Echo for the loss then, or for her getting knocked off of her broomstick, or even the string of defeats Slytherin suffered over a multitude of seasons. The team rose and fell as a group, and the team’s fortunes hadn’t been all that good. Mom told her about Slytherin’s heyday, when she was playing against them for Gryffindor. They had the most fearsome group of Beaters, and it seemed as though they were unbeatable. That was long before she was even born, and had no bearing on the current team, but it would have been nice to have some of their good fortune.

Settling there with the older girl, Brianna also started her stretching routine. No matter what, she was going to be a professional about this and any other match or tryout she was involved in. With a bit of a laugh, she asked, “So do you think we’ve got a chance this year, or do you think our friend up there is trying to tell us something?” Brianna nodded in the direction where she saw a raven perched in the stands. She tried telling herself it was her imagination that it was paying attention to what was going on at the pitch, and not just looking for some scraps to dine on. “I’m not big on omens and stuff, but I gotta say that having a raven show up in the stands for tryouts is almost as bad as having a Grim appear on the pitch.”

OOC:
addaellis

User ImageAC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to Shoot and Steal the Quaffle
Action:
Effect Value:  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:43 pm
User Image
Right now, I know that if I go, nothing will change
Yes, without delay the world will spin on either way
“In that case, it’s okay,” So I want to say
But I’m void of a voice for a phrase so fake
I’m afraid, ‘cause I’d want to be missed
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Halfblood | Third Year Slytherin | Thirteen Years Old
Apprentice Blacksmith | Art Club | Creature Appreciation Club | Quidditch Announcer
Quidditch Tryouts 2059 The Pitch With: Housemates
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: "The things I do for smithing."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Áedán never intended to join the Quidditch team. He was perfectly content announcing this year alongside Tàm, up in the stands to translate the heavy Scot accent that only got heavier in fits of excitement. As it turned out though the team seemed to be in need of an extra set of hands, and Erikk Knapp happened to share a room with him, making escape from recruitment impossible. Áedán was strong and he could fly. Apparently, that meant he was a prime candidate to play beater. He had no plans of agreeing to try out until Tàm mentioned it could help improve his performance in the forge. As soon as he did, Áedán was on board. Funny how that worked.

It seemed like he was amongst the last to arrive that morning. Several of his housemates were already gathered and chatting it up on the pitch. Did they really need another player? It was too late to turn back, though. Áedán said his good mornings to the housemates he was more familiar with and took a form to fill out.

--

Username: Trickblues
                                                              Character's Name: Aedan MacInnes
                                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                              Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
                                                              Second Choice Position: Whatever you need.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Username

I’m just an outcast trying to pass for someone strong
                                                              Nothing but a coward with a hated person’s song
                                                              As I write from my mind, all my wonders burst in colors
                                                              Reaching out to be...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:37 pm
2059 - 2060 Slytherin Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Daphne Greensborough

Team Vice Captain
Karah Thomas

Keeper
Jaelah Aindras

Chasers
Daphne Greensborough
Karah Thomas
Brianna Quinn-Smith

Seeker
Echo Wellbelove

Beaters
Erikk Knapp
Áedán MacInnes

Reserves
None

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Slytherin Seventh Year
Quidditch CaptainUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in TraininingUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick BelieverUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect

Karah let out a deep sigh - it was exhausting rooming with Yaretzi Wellbelove, who woke up hours before they needed to, just to do her makeup or whatever. Well, and Yari had wanted to discuss about quidditch, which wasn't awful but. Karah liked her sleep.

She didn't know who would show up for tryouts, who would decide to throw a fit. She did know that Brianna had better show up and prove that she was a good decision for vice captain. She also hoped that her brother William wouldn't show up. She was desperate for players - but not so desperate that she wanted to play with William.

She pulled out the quidditch chest filled with the equipment, and threw forms down on top of it - before sitting down and waiting for the team to arrive.

Form:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b] Slytherin
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] yes/no
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] yes/no
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Where & Who:
Thinking about:
Description:
Wearing:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:16 pm
User Image
SlytherinFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingleSlytherin PrefectDueling Club CaptainQuidditch Vice-Captain

Brianna had been looking forward to Tryouts Day almost since the end of last season. While they’d somehow managed not only to not forfeit every game, but in fact walk away with the Cup, today marked the start of the campaign wherein they defended it. It also marked the beginning of her own journey as being Karah’s Vice Captain, and that was a responsibility she every intention of fulfilling. More than that, she was hoping today they could celebrate having Csuri as their new Seeker, as they’d worked on her skills since last spring.

She wasn’t sure who would show up for tryouts, but she’d made sure all the incoming Snakes knew about tryouts and encouraged them to show up. Last year, they’d had no margin for error or injury, and Brianna hoped they could build up a cushion of Reserves. For today’s outing, the blonde Fifth Year wore her large hunter-green hooded Slytherin sweatshirt over a long-sleeved white Tee shirt, jeans and a pair of new trainers on her feet, while her hair was pulled back into a business-like ponytail and tied with green and silver ribbons. Slung over her shoulder was her broomstick, which she meticulously cared for last night, including giving the shaft a fresh coating of linseed oil so it would gleam in the morning sun.

Although she made an effort to be here at the pitch early, Brianna was unsurprised to see that Karah had beat her here. “I feel good about our chances this year, Karah,” she said as she started filling out the form. This year, Brianna wasn’t worried about beating her brother or Aria on earned goals, prosecuting some bit of schoolgirl one-upmanship or beating their teams; no, her goals were to see Csuri make the team as Seeker, so she could experience the feeling of family being part of a greater whole created, and to see Karah and Yari leave school with a final triumph, and a Quidditch Cup. Accomplishing that would make her year.

Character's Name: Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Stewart
Year: Fifth
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4 (Chaser all four years)
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Second Choice Position: Wherever we’re thinnest

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  AC: 19
                  Modifiers: +7 to Shoot and Steal the Quaffle
                  Action:
                  Effect Value:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:00 pm
User Image
Kasamir Aloysius Patrovna
SlytherinFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Kasamir was not sure what to expect out of today’s outing to the Quidditch pitch, but he was willing to give it a try. He’d seen a couple games played, but he’d honestly never given the thought to playing it until one of the Prefects, a blonde-haired upperclassman mentioned to him that tryouts were coming, and First Years were free to take their shot at making the House team. He’d learned to skate about the same time he learned to walk, and played bandy (literally ‘hockey with a ball’) as a Midfielder, and he’d played as a Defenseman on the school hockey team, but there was a big difference between skating on a sheet of ice and flying on a broomstick. Still, he had a good wrist shot, and wasn’t afraid to slam some other kid into the boards.

This was also a chance to get out of the castle, and away from the cave they called a dorm. For someone accustomed to sleeping with a window open most nights, being in a subterranean dwelling under the freakin’ lake felt as though he were living in a tomb, or Tora Bora; neither were pleasant thoughts. It didn’t do much for his moods, and he did what he could to avoid triggering the flashbacks and … the nightmares. He liked the cool Highland air, and he was looking forward to seeing the first snows fly. Kasamir wasn’t sure what it would be like watching, let alone playing, a game of Quidditch in a driving snowstorm, but he was hoping it was as fun as chasing after a bandy ball in those conditions.

For his tryout, he decided to wear his old school hockey jersey, though minus the padding underneath, the sapphire blue sweater with the name of his old school written in Cyrillic script, hung long and loose upon his slim frame. He added a gray Thinsulate tee shirt underneath, a pair of black trousers and a pair of sneakers on his feet. It felt weird not having a stick, but Quidditch didn’t use them, and he was bringing along a school broomstick, as he didn’t have one of his own.

Arriving on the pitch, he saw the leaders of the House squad already there, including the one whom … recruited? him. He nodded respectfully to them, and started filling out the form. “So, how do we begin?” he asked, when he finished.

Character's Name: Kasamir Aloysius Patrovna
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0 (Played Midfielder on school bandy team, and Defenseman on school hockey team)
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Mean Swing
Second Choice Position: Chaser

OOC:
Username

User Image
                AC: 12
                Modifiers: +2 to Beater Actions
                Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Mean Swing
                Action:
                Effect Value:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna & Karah
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Slytherin Tryouts
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm gonna let everyone down...

After practicing all summer, it was finally time for Csuri to try and show skills on the Quidditch Pitch. Brianna had gone just a bit ahead of her, but Csuri's little legs couldn't catch up. She had a new broom in hand, Baba's promise if she indeed wanted to actually play. She didn't really want to actually play in front of the school, but she'd made too many promises to try. She felt uncomfortable and out of place, but she plodded along anyway.

Once on the pitch itself, she walked over beside Brianna and sighed softly. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, but there were still quite a few curls sprung out and around her face. Grey eyes glanced around, not making eye contact with anyone there. Brianna and the captain, Karah, were chatting about the season, so Csuri didn't want to interrupt. Instead, she busied herself in filling out the application form thing. She felt a little bad about not wanting any of the other three spots, but oh well. Once filled out, she handed it over to Karah, then stepped a bit away to watch the others do... whatever they were supposed to do, probably.

Username: Cinnabun Gryffie
                                                                Character's Name: Csuri Dou Narain
                                                                Year: Second
                                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 00
                                                                Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
                                                                First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                                Second Choice Position: Nothing?

{{Wearing :: Quidditch Practice Clothes... I think}}
          Modifiers: +2 {Spotting} +2 {Catching}
          Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
          Spotted: x/3
          Catching: x/2
          Total Roll:xx {xxxxxx}
          Lives: [⍟] [⍟] [⍟]

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:30 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Vesna Proctor
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Slytherin - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Vesna skeptically decided to show up to the Quidditch tryouts, mainly to see what all of the hubbub was about. She was quite an active child, but she never played many sports – especially not team sports – so she figured she’d decide after tryouts if she wanted to continue with whatever position she would be assigned or if she would rather quit and find another activity entirely to take up her time. At least the weather was nice, sunny and a little breezy – Odin’s favourite weather to fly in. Looking up at the sky, she had hoped to spot her feathery friend. Although she didn’t, she figured he was up there somewhere. The grounds were massive, and he was smart – he’d more than likely steer clear of the pitch where bludgers and quaffles would be barreling left, right, and center. “Hi, I’d like to try out,” she said quietly before filling out the form that an older student had handed to her.

Position:
                                              Armour Class: 14
                                              Modifiers: N/A
                                              Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                              Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]
                                              Roll:

Username: kiska166
                                              Character's Name: Vesna Proctor
                                              Year: 1st
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                              Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                              First Choice Position: Anything
                                              Second Choice Position: Anything

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Under the p a l e moon
                                              Where I see a lot of s t a r s, I saw the s i g n

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:16 am
Ride in the shadows wandering beyond the frame
Float like a feather through space and time outside a dream
Pirouette with divinity in a dance we've shared before
"Someone dissolution"
This is "I am all" as "I am none"

User Image
User Image

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ RᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇsDᴇɪsᴛ

✮⛧✶⚝Afon walked out to the pitch ready to try out again after he'd, surprisingly, had a lot of fun last year. He hadn't really thought he'd be a team sports guy -hell he hadn't thought he'd be a sports guy-but after his first flying lesson he'd been hooked. Then he'd seen the fliers for quidditch tryouts and been curious but ultimately decided not to join. Last year however, he'd kinda gone with a "what the hell" approach and went, especially since he'd been taking advanced flying purely for shits and giggles. Mostly giggles though. It'd been a pretty big shock that'd he'd made the team, even as just a reserve player considering how hardcore the other members took the sport. Especially the captain; he's actually not sure yet if he's happy or worried that she graduated. Afon saw a few people were already there as he walked over to the forms and filled them out before finding a spot to wait.
                                              [color#522D80]"T
                                              Username: Yukina101
                                              Character's Name: Afon Joss
                                              Advanced Flying II: Currently enrolled
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                              Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Hold the Line
                                              Second Choice Position: Anything?

Modifiers: +4 for bludgers, +4 catch
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Hold the Line
Lives: gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond

Shedding weight as I'm coming undone
All that's left converging as one
I am the sun
I am the sun
I'm a God, I'm awake, I'm the one in everything
I'm alive, I'm the dead, I'm a man without a head

Quote:

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:55 pm
Slytherin Seventh Year
Quidditch CaptainUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in TraininingUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick BelieverUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect

Karah looked up as Brianna came onto the field, well at least she was on time. "I don't feel great about our chances this year - I don't think you should either. We're going to have to work our butts off to get a team to beat the Gryffindor team. We're looking at almost an entirely fresh team - it's you, me, and Aindrias. If Yaretzi can show up today with written approval from the nurse we might be able to pull off something against the other beaters. But ugh why did Erikk have to go and get himself in trouble and Aedan follow him out? I had my mind set on how the year was going to go - and now that entire plan is ruined." Karah still had doubts over what happened with Erikk and the dorm room, why would tree loving Erikk had caught something on fire? She had all but decided that Erikk was going to be the Vice Captain, but if he was banned from the first match then she couldn't have him be the influential vice captain. What kind of message would that send?

She stood up and looked pointedly at Brianna, "You better not make me regret making you Vice Captain - we're working on defensive maneuvers right away this year. I would like us to not have broken bones this year."

She sighed and looked around at the players that had gathered in the short time,
"At least it looks like we'll be able to play - we have enough players for a full team....Well, pending Aindrias shows up."

She clapped her hands, "Everyone, we'll start a scrimmage game soon! In the meantime, I don't want you sitting still, go walk laps around the field, I'll signal when it's time to get going."

Form:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b] Slytherin
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] yes/no
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] yes/no
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Where & Who:
Thinking about:
Description:
Wearing:

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [»|]