Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 332 333 334 335 336 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Scarlet Steam Engine slowly pulled into the station. A wall of steam puffed out as it came to a stop. The Hogwarts Express had arrived.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:35 pm
User Image
                                                  I wish there was another way
                                                  But these chains are too protected
                                                  I thinking that I should change
                                                  My soul is disconnected
                                                  I don't feel the same
                                                  When I see the pain yeah!

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ???

════════════════════════

Ashton winced as he stepped out, narrowing his eyes at the front of the train where the whistle had come from. Bloody hell! Did they have to make that so loud? He'd gone to the prefect meeting, yes, and he had left the meeting. He was honestly shocked that Professor Harlowe had decided to name him a prefect. Him! What foul thing had he done in a past life that warranted that punishment? Maybe it was a conspiracy between her and Forest and they had decided to collaborate on making sure that he would fail. Not like it was hard. Besides, it was hard to fail if he didn't try, right? Right.

He took a sip of the flask he'd snuck out of the house as he stepped to the side, letting the rest of the students get off as he watched. He'd probably had a bit too much to drink on the train, but eh, who cared? He had some more in his trunk, and if it got confiscated, he was pretty sure he could sneak down to Hogsmeade and get some more. Maybe. Maybe he could convince one of the older students to get some for him. He wobbled a bit, nodding. That was definitely a plan. He looked toward the thestral-pulled carriages and figured he might as well make his way over. Pocketing his flash, he swayed slightly as he walked toward them, thinking that he definitely needed his (borrowed!) flask for the feast. Otherwise he wasn't likely to last the night!

════════════════════════

Thinking: Okay, getting to the carriages isn't hard... right?
                                                  OOC: Uhhh...... 8'D

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You could show me numbers
                                                  I'll show you more
                                                  You think you really know me
                                                  But are you sure?
                                                  Peace and salutations
                                                  Outside your door
                                                  I'm Chasing the sinner man

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogsmeade Station
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Various Students
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Train Arrival
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I do love my hair, though

Callie was excited to begin her fourth year at Hogwarts. Despite her initial trepidation with the castle, she'd found a home within the walls. When it got close to time for the train to arrive, Callie hugged her parents (even though she'd be seeing her mom again shortly) and headed toward Hogsmeade station. The blonde saw a few of the other Hogsmeade occupants headed from their homes. It was nice to walk with the others, even if she didn't really know them.

Once at the station, Callie did as she always preferred, standing back and out of the way. Typically she just stood there, then sat with whomever offered her a seat on the carriages. She had friends, sure, but they were usually enthralled in the conversations they'd made on the train ride, and she always felt as if she were intruding on the moment. For now, Callie adjusted her headband, a bit upset that it pulled her hair back, since she often used her hair to hide her gaze, hands moving to tug and pet. It was something like a comfort, which Callie realized she needed far too often for a person of her age. Perhaps she would eventually gather enough courage to behave as a normal teenager, but for now she'd content herself in knowing that life was ever a mystery, one she would figure out as she moved along.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:01 am
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 2nd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Fite Club and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A red an white sun dress, a jean jacket, and combat boots
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie's excitement for the new school year and being at Hogwarts where she felt she could truly be her was tempered by her concern for her brother, Eden. Ever since their trip to Diagon Alley he seemed a bit beaten down. Considering that any mention of Weslyn Knolle was not met with the usual interest, Mattie could guess what happened while she was picking out their potions supplies. Thank goodness the shopkeeper was there to help as she was confident potions was one of the most boring subjects in existence. It was like baking or cooking but worst because it could blow up at any minute. Regardless something happened with Eden and Wes and he wasn't completely forthright but a break up was Mattie's bet. Eden wasn't perfect, but Mattie feels in the end it was probably Wes's loss.

Not only was there concern for what happened at Diagon Alley, more pressing was Sir and Ma'am's monstrous demands of Eden for his exams. The focus on Eden saved Mattie from as bad of interrogation for her A in Potions and Es in Astronomy and History of Magic. Mattie wasn't dumb enough to say she was surprised those two classes weren't As too.

At least Mattie got to enjoy the summer with Eden including him "helping" her with her music. He was at least a good listener. Mattie suspected Eden was not a natural musician which made his insistence on helping her hone her secret skill more precious. And, of course Mattie was thankful for the Internet with its instrument sound creators. She was sure to delete her cookies as often as a teenage boy hiding his X-rated interests. Mattie was curious which would have gotten her more in trouble with Sir and Ma'am but decided never to test it. No, her goal was to at least get Potions up to an E (not good enough but it would have to do and she was to have realistic goals) and somehow manage the rest as Os which are the only acceptable grades. She had a couple years before her OWLs where it really mattered so it should work out.

So focus on learning the guitar and piano this year, write at least three more songs her first semester, give her all in Fite Club, continue to learn in Art of the Sword, make it at least on the Reserves for Quidditch, and polish up her grades. She smiled as she remembered Dueling Club she could join. Definitely join Dueling Club too and become one of the best of her age set of course. Still smiling she almost laughed at herself: none of that seemed too hard all together. A rolling stone didn't gather moss. She knew the only way to impress Sir and Ma'am was to excel and perfect all of that (except drop the music 'nonsense' which Mattie would happily do over her dead body).

Getting off at Hogsmeade Station, Mattie smiled, her curly blonde hair blowing in the steam. Pushing her hair away from her face she looked around for a friendly face. Her heart was pounding with excitement as she finally felt a little less oppressed now that she was essentially a world away from her oppressive parents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                ₘₐybₑ ᵢ'ₘ ⱼᵤₛₜ ₐ gᵢᵣₗ ₒₙ ₐ ₘᵢₛₛᵢₒₙ
                                                Bᵤₜ ᵢ'ₘ ᵣₑₐdy ₜₒ fₗy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Adda: quoted since Eden is mentioned, let me know if any edits are needed // to all: Mattie is free for interaction}
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:18 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick had spent most of the train ride salty. All of his friends and almost friends were prefect, and he had to spend a portion of the train ride alone - he didn't even have any siblings to talk to. At one point though they had made an effort to come say hi to Chadwick at least. And - Eden had said he had a crush on Calliope. Chadwick thought about it, thinking of the girl with her oddities. Sure, Chadwick hadn't spent much time with her but... yes, it would be a great thing. Chadwick was going to ask the girl out on a date, get to know her. He asked Eden what was something that Callie liked, and Eden didn't hesitate when he answered astronomy, before leaving Chadwick alone again.

Still on the train, Chadwick had opened a small container of fruit his mom had packed, this would haave to do in the pinch he was in. He roughly cut stars out of the pieces, before eating the scraps and arranging the stars in a pattern in the container. Some watermelon, some pineapple slices (he had a ring; cut a star hole in the middle), and some apples. It wasn't much, but it was a slight offering? Would offering fruit before the sorting feast even be reasonable? But what else was Chadwick to do with such short notice? Maybe... Callie could snack on it while the sorting was going on?

As the train approached the station, Chadwick stood with his robes on and began walking toward the door, he wanted to be out the doors before there was a whole crowd of people. He looked out the door window and saw her - the blond girl with the round glasses, she really was adorable. Once the train stopped and the doors opened, he pushed through the crowd of people and stopped just in front of Callie, "Hey Callie, have a nice summer?" He waited for her answer before holding out the container of star fruit, "I uh. Made this for you. And, I was kind of wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me when Hogsmeade weekend comes up? I mean, you don't have to of course. I just thought it would be nice to get to know you a little more, and maybe go on a few dates? You're just, really cute and I just want to know if this would work. You don't even have to give an answer right now if you don't want, I can be rejected by owl if that would make you more comfortable." No. Chadwick was rambling, he stopped talking and waited for her response, was he nervous? Why was he nervous? Was it because this wasn't thought through very well? Was it because he was worried that Eden was going to come and knock the daylights out of Chadwick for asking his crush? Well, too late now the deed had been done.

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: HOgsmeade Station
With Whom: Calli-ope
Thinking about: Well... here it goes. First date potential since...sparrow.
Description: 5'7" blond teen with blue eyes

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:51 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch Captain ✾ Daily Dragon Editor ✾ Drama Enthusiast

▬▬"From the moment we met, I knew it was you."▬▬

Yukon had gone to the platform, and put his robes on almost as soon as they got there, no need to change later if he could just change now. Plus, the robes had a nice amount of hiding room, not that he needed to hide anything, not really. He went to the prefect meeting, but didn't remember much of it. They introduced new people. blah blah blah. Rules. blah blah blah. get help blah blah blah. the usual. He did his assigned time of checking the train, watching the chaos not be too chaotic, but he mostly just tried to avoid Nim Siddall; Aria's brother. He couldn't look into the shared face structure of his true love, not so soon after her death. Her murder. He did try to keep an eye out for Sparrow to see how she was holding up though, he knew she understood his pain, the "I wasn't quite family but we basically were" pain. But, she was a new prefect, she had just as little time as Yukon did to mourn.

Yukon exited the train and took another drink from his bottle. If anyone asked, he knew he would tell them it was water. It had always been water before, why would this year be any different? Yukon knew though, why the prefect meeting was a blur, why the pain of heartbreak and loss wasn't as intense. This year, it was a Knolle special. Of course his parents didn't know he had taken some vodka! And if they had, well they probably assumed it would be for a quidditch after party. But no, Yukon had take a few bottles of the Vodka for later, and had mixed a few shots into some iced soda water for now, for the train ride, for the sorting feast, to handle the first day.

He figured someone else would tell the kids to get into the carriages that pulled themselves, or rather, the thestrals pulled them. As he approached them though he stopped. He... he could see them. No no no. The vision of Aria, dying in his arms with a pole through her, and her hand - ... no. He couldn't do that right now, not here, not with all the people. He looked down, and walked forward. He got into a random carriage with random people, and finished the last bit of his mixed beverage. He mumbled to himself, "Should have brought a bigger bottle." At least... he should be fine for a few hours, and then he could sleep and all would be better in the dream world.

▬▬"Aria Siddall, you may have held my hand a short time, but you will hold my heart forever."▬▬

Where & Who: Random people in the carriage
Thinking about: Aria Siddall - why.
Wearing: HUfflepuff Robes

OOC: If anyone wants to be the random people with Yukon; go for it.

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Chadwick Knapp... or maybe his twin
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A date? With me?

As Callie stood back, the train slowed to a stop at the platform, its shrill whistle making her cringe a bit. Once the train fell to a stop, the girl moved a bit while the students started their slow descent to the platform. It was something the girl rather enjoyed watching. As if on cue, a familiar blond boy walked over, greeting her politely. "Oh, hello, Chadwick. My summer was lovely, I hope yours was as well!" He handed her a container of what appeared to be fruit, cut into little star shapes. How wonderful!

He then asked her for a date at Hogsmeade when the weekend came up. He seemed to be rambling a bit, but he did mention he thought she was cute.... that was nice. He also said he didn't mind waiting for a rejection, which made her heart ache a bit. "I would love to go along with you. I love this little village, and would be glad to have company when I come over. And it would be nice if that company were you." She offered a small grin, feeling her cheeks heat up in a blush. It would be her first date thing. Maybe she should ask her mom for advice..... or maybe she should wait to tell her until after they went along on their first date.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:48 pm
[User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick was in shock. She said... she would love to? Well this was already going better than he thought it would. And gave her a goofy grin, "Thanks Callie. Uh, I guess we can owl about it later? or discuss in person later is a thing too. Or... just plan to meet here at 9? but that would be silly to not talk about anything between now and then. So I'm sure we could just discuss it later." Then he stopped and thought about what she had said. Callie loved this little village. Callie was a local. Oh no. What if she decided she hated him and made all of Hogsmeade people hate him too. What if Chadwick became the one who was shunned from all of the Hogsmeade stores? Of course, he wasn't going to hurt Callie - and he wasn't going to belittle her. "Do you have any suggestions for where to go? You definitely know the area better than I do. I mean, we could just wander around. Or plan later. Wait. not. I already said that. I just. Uh. Yeah." He was ruining this entire interaction, why couldn't he just be normal. He glanced at the carriages, wondering if they would pull off with students just standing here still, force the kids to walk to Hgowarts and face detention for being late.

Thinking about: SHe said yes?

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A date? With me?

Callie nodded along as Chadwick started nervously coming up with ways to communicate about future plans. "How about we have lunch together some time this week? That way we can discuss plans in better detail." At that, she offered a small smile. He seemed flustered, but she wasn't sure why. Callie had discovered that she didn't like being upset, so she always tried to roll along with whatever came her way. In this case, it was going on a date.

After mentioning her love for the village, Chadwick asked if she had any ideas. "Well, we can go visit Mr. Hill's apothecary to see all the neat plants. There's Miss Tea's writing shop, there's Mr Archer, but he does haircuts. Often along with his son, who plays Jazz~ I think you'd like him." She paused, thinking about the other locales. "There's also a clothes shop, Miss Lena makes lovely clothes. Plus the restaurants! Maybe we could stop by Mr Theo's bakery for some treats. But my favorite place has to be the park. It's so beautiful in the summertime, so serene at night~" Her voice lilted off a bit, then she sighed happily. Yes, she was excited about school, but she sure would miss home.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:34 pm

I got this feeling inside my bones
                    It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on
                    All through my city, all through my home
                    We're flying up, no ceiling, when we in our zone

Joey was so ready for today! He was going to get to ride a train and go to a school for magic! They had a nice person helping make sure nothing let the secret of magic out. They did some cool magic so his parents could not get picked out of a crowd. It was weird though he had always been used to people staring or having a happy meltdown. Not unwelcome of course just weird. His dad was pushing the trolley and Joey was riding the front of it. His mom was the navigator as she was good with direction. She located the pillar they were told would get them to the weird fraction platform. He had hoped there would be a door or some indication that it was a magic pillar. His dad seemed to be trusting of it as he sped up aiming straight for it. Joey couldn't help but close his eyes. "Well looks like that was the right one" Joey heard his dad say with a chuckle. Opening his eyes to peek and what he made him go wide eyed he hadn't seen a train like this up close! He hopped off the trolley once they got to where they were to load his trunk. He was ready for some adventure but also he knew he would miss his parents. He had to be coaxed though not too much to release the hug. They suggested he see if he can find some friends his age. That was a good idea. At least meet his classmates.

[[Open for interaction]]

Got that good song in my feet
                                                              I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops
                                                              I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
                                                              Room on lock, the way we rock it, so don't stop

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:09 pm
[User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin

Chadwick smiled with a second wave of relief when Callie suggested to meet during lunch to discuss plans in I detail, that was a genius idea. ”That’s a great plan, lunch that is. How about... Thursday? Give us both time to get settled into classes?” Chadwick sighed, how were they staying up late for the sorting feast on a Sunday, and having to go to classes the next day, Monday, and go through an entire week of school? It was going to be exhausting, but at least he had a lunch date of sorts to look forward to.

Callie had plenty of thoughts on the village, places Chadwick had been before during Hogsmeade weekends, but he didn’t really know who the owners were, so he didn’t know where she was talking about. Except, fr the park and the Archer’s shop. Upon her mention of Chadwick liking Finley, Chadwick felt his face turn red, ”Uh, I actually know Finley. He’s probably my best friend actually, pretty cool guy. Good trumpeter for sure.” Why was his face so hot? He was embarrassed by Finley’s friendship? By his knowledge of Finley’s trumpet playing? He didn’t need to be embarrassed and Chadwick was then a little ashamed that such an emotion had come over him. He made a note, he needed to talk about Finley more often to make their friendship not as awkward. ”I think all of those places sound lovely, maybe we can just have a walking date and you can show me which places are your favorite? But we will certainly have to spend time at the park, I’m sure it’ll be lovely.”

He looked at the carriages filling up and raised an eyebrow looking at Callie, ”Would you like to ride a carriage together? Or I mean, obviously feel free to go jump in with your other friends! I don’t mean to take up all of your time before the sorting.”

Thinking about: A date it shall be

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I can't wait

Callie grinned when Chadwick set a date... to set their date. "Thursday is just lovely." She nodded, thinking having some time to settle in was a pretty wise idea. She didn't really need a crazy amount of settling to feel comfortable, especially since her mum was nearby if she were to feel homesick. Most of the school wasn't as lucky.

After mentioning a few of the shops and various people who lived around Hogsmeade, Chadwick started getting red about the cheeks. Was he blushing? He mentioned already knowing Finley - Mr Archer's son - apparently his best friend. Perhaps he was shy about his friendship. He then said all the sights sounded lovely, then brought up the idea of just walking about and sightseeing. "That sounds like a beautiful plan. And we can stop off and get lunch somewhere. It would be a nice day."

As the crowds started to thin, Chadwick asked if she wanted to ride a carriage with him. He then backed out, nervously. Callie pat him on the shoulder, putting on a smile. "I'd love to ride to the school with you. It will be charming. It's such a lovely clear night to watch the stars as we go~" Deep blue eyes twinkled in the moonlight, the girl admiring the beautiful night, gesturing a bit, she started walking toward the thestral-drawn carriages.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              тнere'ѕ no one lιĸe yoυ
                                              ι can'т waιт ғor тнe nιgнтѕ wιтн yoυ
                                              ι ιмagιne тнe тнιngѕ we'll do
                                              ι jυѕт wanт тo вe loved вy yoυ

spaceCallum arrived at the Station to pick up the new batch of first years for their journey to the school. As always, he made note of his physical presence, trying to present an aura of approachable and kind, while still looking like someone you wouldn't want to make angry. Children, after all, could be troublemakers, and he wanted to be sure that none of them thought to cause problems for him. But, at the same time, they were just kids. He didn't want to scare them. People tended to be afraid of him, and it was no one's fault but his own. Still, he had a job to do. Magically amplifying his voice, he called out, "Attention! First year students! Make your way over towards me, please, so that we can start heading to the castle!"

spaceAs the small group began to form around him, he smiled. "Evening! My name is Callum Murdoch, I'll be escorting you to Hogwarts Castle. Everyone needs to stay close to me. You'll have plenty of time to explore the castle and grounds," which did not include the village, obviously, but he didn't figure it'd do him any favors to mention that, "once the school year is underway. For now, you need to stick with me so we can get you sorted and fed." Hopefully, the lure of food would keep them from acting up. A few kids had tried to sneak off here and there, and he wasn't keen on chasing down an eleven year old. He'd like to keep his job, thanks.

gιrl, тнere are really no wordѕ ѕтrong enoυgн
                                              тo deѕcrιвe all мy longιng ғor love
                                              ι don'т wanт мy ғeelιngѕ reѕтraιned
                                              oн вaвe, ι jυѕт need yoυ lιĸe never вeғore
                                              ι jυѕт ιмagιne yoυ'd coмe тнroυgн тнιѕ door
                                              yoυ'd тaĸe all мy ѕorrow away

wнere - Train Station
                                              wнen - 1 Sept 2052
                                              wιтн - First Years
                                              - ooc -
                                              First Year Students Should follow Callum!

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:04 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fifth year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Quidditch announcer
Astronomy (fall) || Namaste Club (spring)

Sparrow thought coming back to Hogwarts would at least mean she wasn’t constantly glancing next door and crying, remembering her best friend and neighbor was gone--gone--gone forever. No, instead she was just sitting there remembering how she and Aria used to get to King’s Cross together with the Knapps --even when it eventually just became GIANT REUNION AT THE TRAIN, Aria was the first friend Sparrow hugged the morning of September 1st. She barely paid attention during the Prefect meeting--oh the excitement of getting prefect letters together seemed so long ago! She had Wren’s Duchess Duncan cradled on one arm where she usually had it looped through Ari’s. She couldn’t remember the last time Wren had hugged her, much less in public, but she also didn’t have the heart to tease him about it, grateful for the shelter his arm over her shoulders offered.

Sparrow had tried--really tried--to grin and congratulate Rune and Nasim and all her peers and friends that were now fellow prefects. For the most part, she managed. But she couldn’t look at Marcella anymore without thinking that that should have been Aria. Which sucked, because as per usual Sparrow fashion, she considered everyone one of these people a friend. ”I’ll--I’ll be okay,” she said, drawing shaky breath and wiping her eyes on Wren’s sleeve. She hardly understood how she still had tears a month later.

”Yeah sure. Listen, grab that carriage with Yukon and Nim, okay? Don’t argue. I’ll make sure no one’s left behind,” Wren told her quietly. ”Hey. You’re going to be on in a few minutes. You’re going to be the first person a new Gryffindor kid sees, understand?”

Sparrow nodded, taking another breath and making her way towards the carriages. This year, there were dark, bony horses pulling the carriages. No...this was just the first year Sparrow could see them. She touched the wispy mane of one and started tearing up again. It didn’t make sense, as she hadn’t seen Aria die. But she had seen her great-grandfather die three years ago. Death hadn’t really registered to her yet. It was just...being backstage for the rest of the show! Just...backstage. Forever. For the rest of a very long show called Life. Sparrow hugged the cat in her arms a little tiger, fingers tangling in the mane of the deathly thestral in front of her. She and Aria hadn’t even believed in the same afterlife. When the show was over, would they even see each other backstage?

Sparrow felt herself being picked up and put on the step onto the carriage. Wren was back, pushing her up and taking to her fellow fifth year prefect: ”Bardsley, keep an eye on them would...”.

Closer up, Wren smelled the sense that neither Yukon nor Bardsley were going to be very useful in the whole “make sure they get to the Great Hall safe”. He had no idea why Ashton Bardsley was drinking, but with at least the three of them out of commission, someone had to do their jobs. Ugh. With a glance at Nim, Wren gave Dunce a glare: ”Make sure they don’t do anything too stupid,” he hissed at his cat. He had a bad feeling she would be the only sober one at the end of that carriage ride.

Dunce replied with a soft meow of acknowledgement. Sparrow took a breath, trying to pull herself together. She still had tear-tracks on her cheeks, but at least she managed to keep the waver out of her voice: ”What are you guys drinking? Aren’t you afraid you’d going to have to go to the bathroom and miss the Sorting?”

setting Carriage to Hogwarts, 1 September 2052 || with Yukon, Ashton, Nimbus, and supervised by Dunce, Wren's cat
appearance 5'6", soft || hair color white with white ribbons || wearing uniform
status Get myself together. I can do that for one night.

Folks let me know if I need to edit anywhere!

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Diamond Wales

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....

♡♥
~"For Good" from Wicked, sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. Harp cover by Chanah Ambuter.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:13 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater

Getting his prefect letter had been one of the few highlights of Eden’s summer. After a summer of being harangued about how unacceptable his grades were and studying his brains off, having a letter recommending him to prefect had bought him about a week’s worth of confidence...during which his girlfriend broke up with him and his best friend admitted to having a crush on her. Eden had spent half the ride glaring at Skipper Hawkins-- having to work with the Slytherin be a prefect was just adding insult to injury. Between him and Celeste Shoichet...well he didn’t want to bother yet another person related to Professor Shoichet, but he’d rather try to figure her out than do patrols with Skip. At least Weslyn hadn’t been made prefect...Willow seemed like a perfectly sweet lass even if her father was intimidating as hell.

The prefect meeting hadn’t been terrible: Head Girl Nasim was very clear and aside from a few puns that he thought were...questionable at best, Eden took the meeting very seriously. He was a little nervous when he realized he would be working with Angus McLellan--Eden was still sorry he’d flipped out at Rian last year, even if it had led to a most interesting project of looking more into the history of wizarding wars.

In any case, Eden was looking forward to being back at school, if only because it ironically felt like a break from the deluge of studying. He knew he’d have to hit the books and practice grind even harder, but being back at school also meant a return to dueling and Quidditch. Maybe he’d find someone to play chess with. He was sure Mattie was looking forward to being more free to practice her music--and probably looking forward to having the opinion of someone more musically inclined than he was. He searched for Mattie in the crowd to wave, but was otherwise busy hurrying fresh-faced first years towards the Groundskeeper. He glared at Ashton Bardsley and Sparrow Winchester, the new prefects for Mattie’s house, neither of whom seemed to be doing their jobs. He didn’t know Ashton very well before this, but right now Eden had the worst impression. Plus he couldn’t help resenting Sparrow for breaking up with Chadwick, even if he knew it was illogical.

He didn’t know many of the other houses’ older prefects that well, but he was as pleased to be in the same group as Hailey as he was disgusted to be in the same group as Wren. He respected Laurel from her skill as a beater and Maya as a seeker, and was hoping to pick their brains on Quidditch strategy before the season started. He vaguely recognized a few others: Yukon was Wes’s brother, which would be awkward. Eion was that kid Yukon and Wren hung out with, which meant Eden didn’t like him to begin with. Finley seemed pretty cool from Dueling last year. He didn’t know much by way of specifics for anyone else. Maybe he’d get to know some of these other prefects better over the year. Maybe these were his people.

As he looked over the sea of faces, Eden had a feeling--a small hunch, he refused to call it a crush--that finding “his people” involved asking one Calliope Whitethorne out to...well he certainly wasn’t sure but he looked forward to hanging out with her. In his efforts to prove he had friends besides Skipper and Weslyn, he’d greeted Chadwick and Cenek with more enthusiasm than usual and even told them about said plan to hang out with Callie. At least, he tried to be friendly, before he was swept into prefect duties. Eden though Cenek Knapp was pretty okay if unremarkable next to his more outstanding twin. What he really couldn’t understand was why the professors would pick Marcella Ashbourne when Aria Siddall was right--actually he hadn’t seen Aria anywhere that day. Huh. Maybe just missed her on the train patrol.

After a check to make sure no one was sneaking off, he caught Chadwick talking to Callie--Eden brightened for a moment and went to catch up with them, only to realize they were...making plans for lunch? She said it was charming to ride with him? Why hadn’t Chadwick told him they were an item earlier? Eden let out a long, partially upset, partially frustrated sigh and went to find another carriage. This was stupid. Why did he bother? Mattie really was his only friend.

setting Hogsmeade Station, 1 September 2052 || with Formerly prefects
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing uniform, crisply ironed with a shiny prefect pin.
status saltsaltsaltsalt

//OOC: This whole post was just because I promised a post of Eden being salty at everyone who’s a prefect XD I don’t think it’s as neat or even as salty as it was in my head sad But hopefully amusing still.

Courtesy quote only to Mattie, Chadwick and Callie, so as not to spam everyone who was mentioned with a long text wall. But if anyone sees this, please let me know if I need to edit his impressions of anyone based off what reputations!

mc2

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 332 333 334 335 336 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff