Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Chatty Kathy's Bar & Grill ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 188 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lake Should Be
  Green Lake
  Lake Sapphire
  Lake Apple Blossom
  Groom Lake
  Lake Licentious
  The Lakers (For Real?)
  Luscious Lake
  Virgin Lake
  Lake Crystal Hollow
  Wants more options
View Results

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:10 am
Leaving Harv to mull over the stack of legal paperwork sitting on the kitchen table, Lily stops in to pick up a late night snack. She takes the order from the waiter, pays her bill and heads home to persuade Harv to eat something and come to bed already.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 pm
*Slips in to get a to-go order and slips back out again to go play the FB*  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:05 pm
Kairanha
((after checking the store it seems like Chrono Trigger is only available for the phone and touch. Pretty much everything but the pad. Also had the first three FFs and Tactics. heart and Secret of Mana... I'm gonna be busy. emotion_dowant ))

*he smiles* I think I could get used to this.

I do worry about hurting you though. I've also been thinking about my other side for quite a while now. I could work with it for the most part and when I was single any bit of mischief was fine, but if I'm getting serious it's going to get in the way. I'm thinking of making the seals that contain my demonic counterpart should be made permanent. I'll become completely mortal and I'll lose a few of the hereditary spells having that blood offers me, but I won't have to worry about magic affecting me anymore either and you'll never have to worry about me turning on you.

{{Well that's just dumb!!!! sad I wanted it to be on the iPad b/c I've thought about getting an iPad to watch TV while I'm on the elliptical and so I can show people the website I design for work and the promo videos. iTouch doesn't have a big enough screen. Dangit!!!! crying }}

Amy walked over to the lake with Kai's hand in hers and then sat down on a nearby bench. The sun was slowly starting to set. It'd be a beautiful sunset.

"Thank you for coming here with me, Kai. I thought we could use a bit of a scenery change and get out of the house for a little bit. Plus, I wanted to think about how to say what I'm thinking."

She looked up at Kai seriously. "Kai, I don't ever want you giving up your magic, and especially not for me. You were born a magic user. Changing that would be changing part of what you are. I wouldn't ever want that. Can you please just give me a chance to prove to you that I can defend myself and you really don't have to worry about hurting me?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:11 pm
((Uhhh. WTF? They were just having this conversation in Amy's house, and now they're suddenly back behind Chatty Kathy's?))  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:18 pm
((and I was thinking, "is anyone even paying attention enough to point out the flaw in continuity?" when I gave the go ahead to move the scene sweatdrop

editing))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:21 pm
{{I brought up the suggestion to Kai b/c I didn't want to interrupt Karrie and dame's scene. It'd look pretty weird to have two different scenes going on at once. And there's been issues with that in the past, so I just asked him if he thought it'd be okay to move the scene here.}}

{{Kai! You found a duck for your avi! Yes! biggrin }}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:21 pm
((Well, if you want to switch threads, fine, just have them actually move somehow, instead of just appearing randomly.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have or did notice.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 pm
{{But that would have involved posting in the middle of Karrie and dame's scene. I like the flow of it and didn't want to mess it up. So I messed up mine and Kai's flow. LOL! Ah well. I was trying to avoid the problems that happened last time when you and I were posting during a scene of the MW Ladies. Guess you're never going to make everyone happy.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm
((I really don't care if you post at the same time. The important part of that scene was over, and I think we're pretty much done with it anyway.

But, you could have had them move in the beginning of the first post here. Just have them get up and start walking, then arrive. No need to make it more complicated, or have them just appear in another location.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 pm
((*pets duck*))

*walking with Amy,holding her hand and holding some bread in the other, he looked out over the surface of the lake, that was ever so slightly reflecting the pinks and oranges of the sky*

*he smiles sarcastically* I wouldn't be giving up much. I think people that can bend spoons are more apt at magic than I am. I'm not a fighter or a healer. Only thing my spells are good for is running away. It's always good to have a contingency plan, but the cost of me being a magic user and even then on a "just in case," basis is a little high. I can do more harm than good with my magic. I don't trust my demon in the first place. It's why I went through the trouble of sealing it away in the first place.

*he sighs* Alright. If you want to prove you can protect yourself, eventually you'll get your chance. I'll trust you on this.  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm
{{Alright. I'll try to remember that for next time... Maybe third time's the charm. I'm not getting too worried about it, though, b/c I figure whatever happens, someone might have an issue with it. I'm testing to see what works.}}

{{Ducky!!!}}

Amy looked at Kai and gently guided him down to sit next to her on the bench. She started playing with his hair with one of her hands.

"Kai, you can't repress part of what you are forever. Eventually, it'll come spilling forth, and it'll be a big mess. Have you thought about talking with Leko on all of this? She's part demon and succubus, right? I'm sure she could really understand and help you slowly learn to accept and control your demon half. And I'm here to help, too, Kai. I know you're worried about me, but we're not going to have much of a relationship if you keep me from things simply because you're afraid I'll get hurt. It's very sweet you want to protect me, but I also want to protect you. We just have to have faith in one another and work together. That's part of being in a relationship. You can't shut the other out, okay?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm
*takes a piece of bread out of the bag and tears it smalls bits and starts tossing them out to the ducks at the waters edge*

I'm a guy. We repress things. My two sides are both filled with primal lust and desire. One side represses and the other side embraces. I'm not on good terms with the side that embraces lust and goes out and does whatever they want. He is not a good person.

I'm not used to depending on people. My success or failure has always rested solely on my own shoulders my entire life. I like it that way, but I know that having a relationship isn't something I can manage by myself. I do kinda need your help in this and I don't even know what I should do.

Besides... Leko scares me. She's cryptic and I can never quite tell what she's thinking.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 pm
Amy smiled as she watched Kai throw bread out to the ducks in the lake. The top of the lake was starting to glisten as the sun set.

"Kai, it's odd how much you sound like I did when I was first starting my... my relationship with Karrie. I even had talks about trusting someone else and depending on them with Kits. It's very hard to do, I really do know that. Your whole life you've been shown that it's bad to depend on people, that they'll just hurt you. Or, you've been told that you'll hurt them, so you should stay away. But if we're going to have a good relationship, we're going to have to work through that together. We have to depend on each other. I know it's hard. It'll take a lot of practice for both of us. I'm still healing and you've never really done it before. It'll be relearning for me and learning something new for you. Of course I'll help you with this. I'm glad you said that. And it's okay that you don't quite know what you should do right now. At least you said it. That's a really good step, Kai, to say that you might not know how to do something or how to move forward."

"You know, if you don't want to talk with Leko, have you thought about talking with Ryzan? He's great to talk with, and he knows a lot about darker magic. I don't know that much about dark magic. I'm sorry, Kai. I just know that you shouldn't try to get rid of part of what you are."

Amy looked down at their feet when she heard some quacking noises. She smiled and giggled softly. "Kai, look. There's a small duck right by your foot. I've never seen ducks get so close before."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:00 pm
People are most comfortable sticking with the "devil" they know, even if it puts them in bad circumstances. Change isn't always easy even when it's for the better. I've had some bad experiences with my other side and I just shut it away. I've gotten older and wiser since that happened though. Maybe it's time I look into controlling my own power without losing my will. I was born with it. Has to be a reason it's there.

*he starts growing concerned* The thing I'm worried about most is that whether I learn to control my power or get rid of it, I might not be "Kai" at the end of that road. Staying the same isn't an option either. My world is changing suddenly and drastically. All I can do is have faith at this point.

*he hears quacking very close to him and looks down and smirks* Only the flesh eating zombie ducks get this close. Try touching it and you might lose a finger. biggrin *tosses some bread right in front of it*  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:13 pm
"Kai, what you just said about looking into controlling that half of you and realizing that there has to be a reason you were born with it is a very good step in the right direction. Shutting it away isn't going to work the rest of your life, and you're realizing that."

She rested her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arm around his waist. "And no Kai, no matter what, you won't be the same 'Kai' when you progress in the direction that you choose to. That's natural. You're going to change no matter what happens, we all do. But I'm almost certain you'll still be incredibly sweet and fun. I don't think that could be removed from you even if you had a lobotomy."

"You know, I could work on a power-repelling or suppressing charm. If you feel like you're getting too out of hand, you could use it. I could make a second one for me so that I could use mine in case you can't use yours. You should ask Ryzan, too, if he has any good ideas on protective charms. In fact, I think just talking to him about all of this might be good. That's how I know how to help you."

Amy glanced down at the duck again and giggled at what Kai said. "But he's a cute flesh-eating zombie duck. I wouldn't be as scared of it as I would be its mother, though, if she saw you trying to pet her little one. Those things can be vicious!"  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 188 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff