Reply Gaia Games & Events
Gaians Gone Wild New Season Starting.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

plasmafire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:46 pm
A new season of softball has begun and we are all invited to watch our lovable gaia administrators.

The games are on Tuesday nights, and the times may vary, check the fan commentary thread to find out when to watch.

They would like us to spread the word to gather as many new fans as possible for this new season.

This is the link for the fan commentary thread.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/gaians-gone-wild-fan-thread-playoff-game-today/t.49684327/

link for gaia's ustream channel..
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Gaians-Gone-Wild

Go to the thread and comment away, and be sure to watch Tuesday's game. We need to boost their morale as much as possible. (just no spamming or bumping the thread... they hate that)

You can watch the game from the first page of the posted thread, or click the video link to get to gaia's ustream account and watch there, you can watch all their past games too if you like.

Oh and if rumors are correct Qixter will be playing every other week too, so watch and you might be able to watch him play along with the rest of the gaia gone wild gang.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:59 pm
Never heard of it before... hopefully you'll post to remind us so we don't miss it.  

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:48 am
I always miss the live feeds. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:00 pm
You can still watch all the past videos on the ustream channel.  

plasmafire

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:59 pm
*goes to check the countdown time*

In 5 hours? I'm asleep by then, it would be past midnight. It's 8pm EST now. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:11 pm
aww I missed it...  

Chris de Medich

plasmafire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 am
A new season is starting soon, I have edited the original post so check the details there.

They want all of us geezers to stay up late and watch them every Tuesday.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:58 pm
eaTaiaG
Hi guys,

So want an update about last week's game? We won 8 to 6. It wasn't pretty, but hell, we won against a new team called Giggers and we're not too proud to take it. blaugh

Qixter and Wondersloth will alternate each week at 1st base. You guys would have been so mad at the other team, you would have reach into the screen to strangle the opponents...Qixter was base coaching at 1st when we were at bat, and he must have been in deep thought about zOMG. Their short stop threw a hard ball trying to make a play at 1st but it was a low throw that got past their 1st baseman, and it whacked Qixter on his leg. His first game in a long time and he gets whacked like that. Big bruise, but he has another leg.

CP also slid and got a nice "strawberry" on his knee. And I took a hard line drive to my right wrist. The ball must have been travelling at 300+ MPH because I was literally "tatooed" by the ball's stitching. It left a pattern of the stitching's tracks on my wrist from the "internal bleeding!" For reals and it's still there 2 days later!!! I wonder if I can get workman's comp for that. blaugh

Anyway, as I said, it wasn't a pretty game, but we got a win out of it.

Although the league still hasn’t published the schedule for the whole season, they did at least post that our next game on 7/21 is at 6:40pm against Sportvision on Field 2.

And yes, we WILL web cast that one and we won't know about other ones until the season schedule gets published.

See you at the office cam tomorrow, then there's the Otakon web cast on Saturday, then Tues night's game! Woo-hoo!

Tae

plasmafire

Gaia Games & Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces