Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
Welcome Aernyn Naiads! - Free Raffle & RP Contest Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:08 pm
Welcome!
Aernyn Naiad Event!

To introduce our Aernyn Naiads, we're having a special RP event, complete with a free raffle, and RP contest for a chance to win one of 3 of these special Naiads!

Aernyn Naiads are Naiads that, years ago, were lost in the Sea. Its a mystery still how they got there, or why they are there, and more importantly, why the entire island was drawn down to them.

Because habitat influences what Pae'il will look like when they become adults, these special Naiads have a slightly more 'wild' look to them.

User Image

**Everyone that participates in the RP, will receive an event token. Tokens will be redeemable for prizes soon. Newbies and lurkers are encouraged to join us, and collect tokens for chances to obtain a Pae'il!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:09 pm
User Image

User Image
Aernyn Naiad colors based on an Oval Butterflyfish

This is a FREE RAFFLE for this lil' beauty! She'll come certed fully grown as an adult, and ready for RP! She will be eligible for Elder stage, provided her owner actively RPs her.

This girlie was among the Naiad pearls 'lost' from Telrunya, that hatched out in the open Sea. She grew up with the other Aernyn (lost) Naiads, knowing Táriel as her leader and Queen. She knows nothing of Pae'il life and only of being an "Aernyn".

We'll provide several ways to gain additional tickets and chances to win this girl.

1. Everyone gets 1 ticket just for asking. smile
2. Anyone that does not already have a Naiad, gets 1 extra ticket.
3. If you refer a friend that does not have a Pae'il, they will get 2 tickets, and you will get 1 additional ticket per referral.

Please use the proper code below:

If you do not have a Naiad yet, please use this code:
[b][color=darkblue]~ :heart: ~ I would like to claim my 2 free Naiad raffle tickets! ~ :heart: ~[/color][/b]

If you already have a Naiad, please use this code:
[b][color=orange]~ :heart: ~ I would like to claim my free Naiad raffle ticket! ~ :heart: ~[/color][/b]

If you were referred to this raffle by a friend, and don't already have a Pae'il, please use this code, and make sure to include the name of your referrer:
[b][color=green]~ :heart: ~ I would like to claim my 2 free Naiad raffle tickets! ~ :heart: ~
And [i][/i] deserves another ticket![/color][/b]

Running Dates:
Start: July 7th, 2009
End: July 13th, 2009 at 6pm (MDT)
Drawing: July 13th, 2009 8pm (MDT)

Tickets:
1-2. Dream WhiteWitz
3. Dementia Requiem Asumi
4-5. F a l l a c y
6. Dementia Requiem Asumi
7-8. Catherine_Fox_LeBeau
9. Dementia Requiem Asumi
10. Wolfs Heart
11-12. Kira of Flames
13-14. Menelie
15. immortalmina
16. sailornorthstar
17-18. Kawaii Midori-San
19. spookyx7
20-21. Elros Namasi
22-23. sirthink1
24. Elros Namasi
25-26. mistalina13
27. spookyx7
28-29. Eranas
30-31. Twitchapher
32-33. Maeko-Hana
34. Menelie
35-36. Carter M Griffen777
37-38. Persephone13
39-40. LydaLynn
41. spookyx7
42-43. Belalusiia
44. Kira of Flames
45-46. Komitadjie
47. Dementia Requiem Asumi
48. [chainedfaye]
49-50. Flatliner57
51. Menelie
52-53. Krankhafter
54. spookyx7
55-56. Nio Love
57. Wolfs Heart
58-59. Keppit
60. Wolfs Heart
61-62. Graceangel
63-64. brat1
65. Menelie
66-67. Apotropaics
68. Wolf's Heart
69-70. Tryan

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:11 pm
User Image
User Image
Achilles Tang Surgeonfish

User Image
Convict Tang Surgeonfish

Tang Double Role-Play Contest!

Anyone is eligible to enter; owner or newbie! This is a perfect chance also for some lurkers to get involved with our plot without the pressure of needing to know the history.

Just choose which Naiad you'd like to win, and answer the prompt using that Naiad! Submissions will close 7 days after the event start date. We'll select a winner within the following 3 days.

Feel free to name the Naiad anything you'd like in your prompt, and we'll use that as their name if your entry is chosen!

Prompt:

Quote:
Your Naiad was hatched from a pearl out in the middle of the open Sea, along with a few others. They formed their own society, living as modern-day mermaids, oblivious to what they truly were; Pae'il. They all live peacefully under the leadership of their Queen, Táriel.

In their society, the males are the hunters and gatherers, and the females are the teachers and homemakers; the leaders.

One calm, peaceful day, while out performing routine duties, you notice that something very large seems to be falling out of the sky, towards the water's surface right above your home! The Queen has instructed everyone to take shelter, so you and your friends and family all head for the caves in deeper water.

It took a day or so for the water and rubble to settle, but everyone emerged from their shelter unscathed. The Queen has ordered a search party to investigate what the large land mass above the palace could be.

The Queen herself has chosen you to accompany her, with her 3 most trusted advisers and bodyguards, to the surface to investigate.

Describe what happens when you first set foot (remember, Naiads gain legs when out of the water) on the beach of Telrunya. What do you see? What are your thoughts and reactions to seeing other Pae'il? What questions would you ask them?

The Search party consists of:
Queen Táriel - leader of the Naiad
Lady Aeroniel - the Queen's attendant and adviser.
Commander Sadron - lead hunter and leader of security.
Captain Tûrin - the Queen's personal bodyguard and captain of the guards.
And you!

PM your entries to Guardian_Iris.

Starts: July 7th, 2009
Ends: July 13th, 2009. All entries must be in Iris's inbox by 11:59 MDT.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 pm
The spot in the Sea that the island chose to reside was not any accident. But what secret, could this location possibly hold?

**RP portion will begin once the first 4 Naiad posts have been filled in by HelMel, Antidia, Seiana, and Teigra.  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:24 am
User Image

The air was calm; the sky dotted by only the wispiest of feathery cirrus clouds. Telrunya had finally gotten to where sea life was old hat. Peace returned to the island, and the pae settled back into the humdrum of their everyday lives...

A line of gold and green rose from the salty depths like a shark's fin, destroying the tranquil nothing of the day. Something new was coming, heading straight for the beach near the landing pad. Fish scurried away from the fast moving object and birds stopped swooping to seek safety elsewhere.

The fin, which on closer look was really hair shaped into a mohawk, slowed as it neared the island, caution gripping the entity. A pointed spear head surfaced followed by two purple eyes. The purple eyes shifted back and forth sneakily surveying the land they had been so busy spying on since the crash. All seemed clear enough.

A head popped out of the water as the Aernyn approached the beach. He had been not just surprised but scared witless the first time his fins touched the beach sand and his tail became legs. What a strange place this was! But his Queen was adamant. She was excited by this new place and everyone knew what Tari wants, Tari gets.

"Damnit," Sadron muttered. The air up here felt so much heavier. He'd much prefer to be making a kill with his guys. He had trained an elite group of hunters; they were strong enough to take down a killer whale. Instead he was babysitting royalty; not only that but the rest of the court.

Fully ashore the Pae stretched and threw his spear into the ground so that it stood straight up ready for him to snatch up and use at a moment's notice. Turning back toward the sea, he rolled his eyes and cupped a hand to his mouth to amplify.

"AYE!!! QUIT BEING PANSIES AND GET YER ASSES UP HERE ALREADY!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:28 am
User Image

Waiting just beneath the surface of the water, the nervous Queen awaited the signal.

"AYE!!! QUIT BEING PANSIES AND GET YER ASSES UP HERE ALREADY!"

Tariel blinked and turned to her most trusted friend, "Was that really the signal?" With a small sigh, she rolled her eyes and headed towards the surface, gripping her trident firmly, just in case.

Seeing the head of security on the sandy beach, with legs no less, was quite a site for the young Queen. She stopped in the water, hesitating and questioning this land and its effects on her people. But he had given the signal, and she trusted him with her life.

Slowly, she made her way towards Commander Sadron and her fins, like his, turned to legs. Wibbling a bit as she tried to adjust, she lost her battle with gravity and took a tumble forwards to the sand.

"Okay, I don't like this place so far." she mumbled to herself as she sputtered sand from her mouth.

Slowly rising to her feet, using her trident to brace herself, she was finally able to get a look around at what was in front of her. Never before had she seen such a sight! Trees, grass, birds... so many new and interesting things.

She straightened her crown a bit as she took her first few steps towards Sadron. "What is this place?"

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 am
User Image

Why did they bring Sadron again? He was... a nuisance, at best. That was no way to talk to their beloved queen. No one demanded that she move anywhere unless she was ready to, and certainly, no one told her to move her a**. She crossed her arms and scoffed when her beloved queen asked if that was supposed to be the signal. Admittedly, she had the same question. Who did that man think he was, anyway?

"Unfortunately. He needs to learn some manners."

She dropped her arms back to her sides, and with another eyeroll, she swam after the form of Tariel, not wanting the queen out of her sight. This place could be very dangerous. She had been uncertain about letting Tariel come up to the surface with them at first, but after her continuous insisting, Aeroniel had given in, and only because Tariel's reasons were beginning to make sense.

Tariel was the queen, after all. She might-as-well see what had crashed down on their little abode before they moved any further. Sadron would probably be more inclined to just attack it, but that was because he was foolish brute. It was always better to survey, first.

When Aeroniel's head broke the surface, she became rather baffled. Why did the brute have two... legs and feet sticking out of his body? He looked more like the sailors of legend than an Aernyn. She watched carefully as Tariel set her tail on land too... only to find that Tariel's beautiful, long tail had gotten morphed into a pair of legs, too. Despite hesitation, concern quickly took over when Tariel toppled over, and Aeroniel all but jetted over to the surface.

The sensation of her tail turning into legs was abnormal and uncomfortable. It burned a little. Why did she suddenly feel a lot of air flowing where none used to be? It was hard to keep steady. Aeroniel became bow-legged and groaned, trying to regain her balance. The naiad pushed her arms out to her sides and held them there until she lost the need to fall, and slowly brought herself to a standing position.

Aeroniel scrunched her nose. She didn't like the feeling of air between where her tail used to be, and she certainly wasn't liking this isle's effect on their bodies. "Tariel, this place has a very strange effect on our forms. I would suggest keeping cautious. Who knows what else this isle could do to us?" The naiad awkwardly put one foot in front of the other, trying to figure out how to propel these weird new appendages forward. Steady, steady...

When she arrived at Tariel's side, the Aernyn stopped and stood beside her, but kept looking from left to right, surveying the surroundings to figure out what they should be doing next.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 am
User Image

If Sadron was the scout, then the remaining male was the rear guard. Spear gripped tightly in hand, Turin's eyes glanced back to keep tabs on the Queen, then back to the open sea to scan for any signs of danger from behind. Despite his rather...festive coloring, the expression on the Naiad's face was grim. He didn't like this. Putting the Queen in danger like this...and yet, there was little he could do about it, considering it was her will to come to this strange place. All he could do was follow and keep close in order to keep her safe.

Once the others were out of the water, Turin felt it safe for him to follow and darted for the shoreline. He never expected the strange happenings on the beach above. Typically, the guard was always close to the Queen's side, so if she hadn't experienced this odd transformation before, neither had he. His head popped out of the water and his jaw nearly dropped at the sight. What the...?!?

What in the great and glorious sea had happened to the others? Where were their tails? And how had they been replaced by those...limbs? It had happened to the other three, so it was safe to assume the same would happen to Turin as well. Didn't mean he was comfortable with the idea.

And yet, his Queen needed him, so Turin kicked closer to the shore, grimacing at the disturbing sensation of his tail transforming to a pair of limbs as he felt the sand beneath him. His spear thudded into the sand to add support, even as he stumbled to his knees with a protesting growl. I swear, couldn't the Queen just sit at home for once instead of getting involved? The thought fading, he struggled to regain some control of his new limbs and gain some progress on the beach with a little dignity.

His immediate thought was for the Queen's safety...but with the exception of a slight tumble, she seemed to be alright, already back to her...feet? This situation was just...unnerving. Still, Turin was busy enough at the moment trying to gain swift balance with his new stance. One never knew when trouble could arise and he wasn't about to be caught off-guard.

At least, by the time he reached the rest of the group, he no longer needed to lean on his spear for balance. In fact, despite his somewhat shaky legs, he whirled his spear in his hands, pausing and gripping the weapon in a practiced ready stance.

"Majesty? My lady? This open area makes me uneasy. Perhaps we could find a more sheltered position while we gather our bearings?" His eyes were narrowed, scanning the shoreline and the water, his hands tightly gripping his weapon.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:32 am
~ heart ~ I would like to claim my 2 free Naiad raffle tickets! ~ heart ~  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:05 am
~ heart ~ I would like to claim my free Naiad raffle ticket! ~ heart ~

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

acyfaust

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:00 am
And Dementia Requiem Asumi deserves another ticket!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:05 am
And Dementia Requiem Asumi deserves another ticket!

Catherine_Fox_LeBeau

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:08 am
~ heart ~ I would like to claim my free Naiad raffle ticket! ~ heart ~  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:10 am

Kira of Flames