Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:28 pm
dhawsn

Aw, hell. He winced as A'ral laid into them, dropping his eyes to his arms as he picked at them idly. It was hard not to feel roped up into it even as an older Candidate. But damn if he didn't like writing so much. He wondered if he couldn't sneak some bubblypie the Candidatemaster's way later to ease some of the tension.

Quote:
Baby dragons are babies so you have to be nice + soft + kind to them bc they dont know better and deserve better. Happy thoughts help make it easier too! You throw positive vibes out and dont do anything stupid or angry or really move at all unless they want you to do something but they come first. I sure as hell would be nervous if i popped out and a bunch of people were like hey how you doin please choose me now ok? So you gotta be calm too so they can do their thing and we all go home safe.

- - -

stormy

Seated to the back and side of the throng, she gave her hide-paper a thoughtful look. The first rule was sometimes the one she struggled with the most, and after A'ral's lecture, she felt even worse by proxy. Doubt crept into her as she wrote, her shoulders hunched, her eyes far away.

Quote:
We don't matter nearly as much as the dragons at a Hatching. They need to find their perfect match, and if we don't behave properly, things can go wrong. The Hatching is an incredibly stressful and joyous time, and emotions run high. People and dragonets are sensitive to these things, and sometimes it's easy to forget the first rule of Candidacy.

I myself can forget that for sure. It's hard to sometimes when things like maulings happen, but they also don't happen without reason. Maybe that's just the temperament getting irritated by something, like the atmosphere of the Hatching. And the onus falls on us to make it welcoming instead of hostile, because they're newborns and don't know any better, while we do. They have nothing to anchor themselves to yet. We have to be better role models. I have to be a better Candidate.

I apologize for disappointing you, sir. I hope I can make it better in time for the next hatching.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:15 pm
Damon rubbed the back of his neck, he had tried his very best during the hatchings to hold up to his end of the bargain and still he had failed. It wasn't his fault his dragon had not been there among those on the sand. Not everyone had been complete herdbeasts out there. Oh well, it was time to put pen to scroll and delineate how much he really knew.

Quote:

A candidate is responsible for having self control over both their actions, emotions and thoughts. A dragonet responds to the mental signature of the people closest to it and require relative peace to find their chosen rider in the chaos of the hatching grounds. Being born is quite stressful after the quiet inside the egg so it is doubly important that candidates do their due diligence and avoid any negative thoughts that may send a baby in between, this is the worst case scenario and is to be avoided at all costs. Dragonets may be violent upon hatching however this does not reflect their personalities after impression has been made.

Candidates are expected to represent their weyr and hope for the future in all that they do, this includes supporting the weyr that hosts them and being prepared in robes and sandals for the hatching itself. Being a candidate is a great responsibility as you will be joining an elite force dedicated to protecting pern and with eliteness and the privelage of standing at a hatching in the hopes of attaining a life partner who will help you acheive more than you ever could alone, comes grave responsibility to protect those dragonets who know not how to look after themselves yet. Dragons are not firelizards, they are dependant on their rider for all of their needs in the first years of life.

Candidates are responsible for learning about dragons and how to properly oil and wash and feed. There is no shortage of available information so it is imperative that you dedicate yourself to your studies at the risk of appearing negligent, a negligent candidate will make a negligent rider and the weyrs have no place for you.

It is of utmost important that all candidates realize that their presence at the weyr is an opportunity that can be revoked if they break the rules that keep everyone, especially the dragonets safe. Never ever forget your responsibilities.

He signed his name and handed it to the candidate master, with a bowed head.

Mr Cheri
For the candidate master <3

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 1!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 pm
This is soooo old and we forgot to give out the flits for participation! Sorry guys, we kind of dropped the ball on this a few years ago. LOL

Going to do that now.

1. demon_pachabel
  2. houllow
  3. tatterpixie
  4. Tsunake
  5. Thaliawen
  6. Hattaki
  7. Meepfur
  8. Faesinger
  9. SilverLutz
  10. Dea and #Teddy#
  11. magnadearel
  12. BastetAmun
  13. Sinders Path
  14. Aukai Oceansoul

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 12!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:13 pm
Uta
This is soooo old and we forgot to give out the flits for participation! Sorry guys, we kind of dropped the ball on this a few years ago. LOL

Going to do that now.

demon_pachabel
  1. houllow
  2. tatterpixie
  3. Tsunake
  4. Thaliawen
  5. Hattaki
  6. Meepfur
  7. Faesinger
  8. SilverLutz
  9. Dea and #Teddy#
  10. magnadearel
  11. BastetAmun
  12. Sinders Path
  13. Aukai Oceansoul

1. demon_pachabel
User Image

2. Sinders Path
User Image  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:15 pm
demon_pachabel

1. demon_pachabel
User Image

Sinders Path

2. Sinders Path
User Image

Sorry for the delay! ;D Thanks for participating 2 years ago, haha. These were colored by Pach!  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff